- So Much of Your Health Begins In Your Gut3 mon
”Many of the most common symptomatic conditions associated with a loss or lack of normal gut function include: autoimmune conditions such as lupus, Crohn’s, RA and MS, issues associated with chronic fatigue, IBS, hyperactivity, ADD, ADHD, dyslexia and schizophrenia. ”:
It has been quite a number of years now and I don’t remember where I first learned about the gut-health connection. It may have been through one of Dr. Bernard Jensen’s boo ... read more
- "Healing The Intestines: Returning to the Use of Traditional Food As Medicine" - by Michael McEvoy
- Thieves Vinegar and Tincture3 mon
If you haven’t already connected with ”Thieves Vinegar” then let me be the first to highly recommend it! You can also find over 40,000 results for the search terms ”thieves vinegar”.
Thieves vinegar is possibly the most potent herbal combination for ”antiseptic qualities”. Or the vinegar makes a great disinfectant cleaner. I have enjoyed taken baths with several cups of my home-made thieves and also have included a couple tablespoons a day in my special lacto-fermented mixed drinks (which I have talked about in earlier blogs here).
You can find many recipes online. I use the followi ... read more
- Make your own herbal medicine and food as your medicine as well!
- No Butter & Cream Option Plus No Free Speech!4 mon
Just called the NY Times a few minutes ago to see if I can post a comment about this article:
How curious that the article clearly does not allow any comments! However, I believe that the subject matter merits public opinion. The article talks about one man’s vision to add a graphic symbol to menus that represents the ”expert” assessment of whether (or not) the item on the menu is ”healthy” for you. Part of the criteria for that assessment is is whether or not any butter or cream is included ... read more
- No option to comment on this NY Times article: "Hold the Butter"!
- "A World Denuded."5 mon
In ”... an Iowa cornfield in late summer — on a beautiful day. The corn is high. The air is shimmering. There’s just one thing missing — and it’s a big thing...”:
”...halfway around the world to a public park near Cape Town, South Africa, where you will notice a cube, a metal cube, lying there in the grass. That cube was put there by David Liittschwager, a portrait photographer, who spent a few years traveling the world, dropping one-cubic-foot metal frames into gardens, st ... read more
- "Cornstalks Everywhere But Nothing Else, Not Even A Bee"
by Robert Krulwich
- Life Extension, Age Reversal With Vitamin D As #1 Nutrient6 mon
What’s your Vitamin D level? If you don’t know then it is recommended that you have that checked. Statistics show that the levels are typically low and may need supplementation.
When I first tested (close to 10 years ago) my levels were low. I added cod liver oil and the levels began to raise. Then after reading-up more on D3 I wanted to maximize my levels and I switched from cod liver oil to a D3 serum that has been most effective! However, Vitamin D supplementation needs to be balanced with Vitamin A as they work best in synergy with each other. (See: Wise Traditions Volume 13 Number ... read more
- "Six 'Grow Younger' Nutrients I Take Every Day" By Joseph Mercola
- These Authors "Should Play By The Rules"7 mon
”... if this book was a thesis, I’d send it back for serious editing and much better documentation of sources. ... A lot of scientific facts are given without documentation of sources, ... since they are trying to pass it off as science, they should play by the rules.”
Chef Jemichel says:
”Very well stated!
For instance - on page 41 there is a ”research study” that is mentioned that states ”8,000 people who choose the vegan diet ... has shown that they had sufficient vitamin B12 ... and it goes on from there yet there is no cite for this study! I contacted the publisher and requested ... read more
- Book comments of "Water&Salt"
- "Pathetic Tactic Used By The GMO Advocate Scum"
It’s been an unusually challenging day for me today, however reading the truth of this report brings me instant relief!
It has been said that:
Information is not knowledge,
Knowledge is not wisdom,
Wisdom is not truth,
Truth is not beauty, etc.
This is a case of
Truth is not Beauty!
What a relief to hear the truth no mater how ”ugly” it may appear!
Read more re Stanford’s ridiculous organic food study:
- "New York Times Admits Stanford Organic Food Study Flaws, Apologizes
- There Is No Such Thing As A "Disease-Proof" Diet8 mon
The most ”respected” studies regarding diet must be seen in light of where the study comes from, what it is based on and probably most importantly - how that study is funded. Studies on ”LDL cholesterol levels” that implicate diet as the cause of heart disease is highly suspect whenever the funding can be traced to pharmaceutical companies that are offering cholesterol-lowering drugs (that in turn do not make one healthy)!
I posted the following comment in response to some quotes from a few studies re: ”LDL cholesterol levels” as I mentioned above.
Re: ”Respected Research Agrees” -
... read more
- Comment rebuttal to: "The Misinformation of Barry Groves and Weston Price"
- Rethink All Your Relationships With Corporate Agriculture!9 mon
It’s going on two years now since I’ve become a member of Vernon’s food club (and have enjoyed the products with a friend for another year prior). The Grazin’ Acres products are the best of their kind that I have found! They are superior to virtually anything that is available commercially. I have nothing but the very highest recommendations for the Grazin’ Acres farm products!
In addition to the superior food quality, Vernon is a man of the highest integrity.
By being a member of Vernon’s food club I know where my food comes from, how it is raised/grown and I enjoy having a relation ... read more
- Chef Jem's testimonial about a "farmer in trial".
- Real Food Freedom, etc. Without Government & Without Judges!9 mon
The fear factor has to be brought out and Aajonus did that in his letter here in a straight forward way.
I very much appreciate his declaring how that winning the battle is accomplished without government and without judges! (I think most attorneys can be added to that group as well.)
The letter includes very good information regarding the jury process on Alvin’s case.
On 9/20/2012 5:51 AM, aajonus wrote:
Hi, healthy-food lovers,
In 2011, under the ruling of a government-biased federal judge, our Right To Choose Healthy Food freedom suffered a serious blow in the ca ... read more
- Letter From Aajonus Vonderplanitz regarding Dan Allgyer, ProAdvocates, Alvin Schlanger and more!
- The Gut-Brain-Mind-Body + Mind-Brain-Body-Gut9 mon
This subject matter is of high interest to me. I found this article (linked below) with a search for ”gut-brain””mind-body”. Actually, my original search was with:
”gut-brain mind-body” however it got no results! I am proposing this term:
”gut-brain-mind-body”. It is a term that I feel, think, believe and intuit has considerable merit to it.
I’m thinking with several paradigms on this including the new medicine (especially German New Medicine), Human Design and nutritionally. German New Medicine has the biological organism very well presented so that psyche-brain-body is understood as ... read more
- "Think Twice: How the Gut's "Second Brain" Influences Mood and Well-Being" + Fermented Foods / Probiotics.
- Is It Really A "War On Cancer" Or A "War On Cancer Cures"?9 mon
I intend to visit these sites as part of my research into the fact that there has been a so called ”war on cancer” ever since ”Tricky Dick” was sitting in the white house, about 40 years now and yet we are no closer to having an FDA approved cure for cancer than we were back then. Why is that the case? Could these sites possibly help identify how big business interests in the cancer industry have prevented an authorized cure?
http://www ... read more
- The search for truth regarding where Western Medicine stands in relation to a cure for cancer.
- Soy Hemagglutinins Cause Blood Cells To Clump Together!9 mon
”Hemagglutinin is a complex protein that causes other proteins and cells to agglutinate, or clump together. Antibodies and lectins are hemagglutinins ... . Plants such as soy make use of phytohemagglutinins (plant based hemagglutinins) to defend against pests as they cause key cells in the pests, such as blood cells, to clump together. Levels of phytohemagglutinins are high in soy.(16) Again, as with the other anti-nutrients, hemagglutinin is deactivated during fermentation.”:
http://www.jonbarron.org/natural-health/benefits-dangers-of-soy-products-newsletter?utm_source=iContact&utm_medi ... read more
- "Benefits & Dangers of Soy Products" by Jon Barron. "Shipment of organic soybeans tests 20% GMO."
- He Took The Stand For Food Freedom And Won!!9 mon
Update - Septemeber 21, 2012 -
Jury Pronounces Schlangen Not Guilty!
It’s now time for a ”rampage” of appreciation!!
”Jury nullification, again: Minnesota farmer cleared in raw milk case”:
Alvin Schlangen is a peaceful farmer and volunteer manager of Freedom Farms Coop (FFC). This venture serves to connect people w ... read more
- Current trial for Alvin Schlangen in Hennepin County; history in the making because it is the first time that this type of case will be heard before a jury.
- NaturalNews Issues Global Boycott On The Following Brands10 mon
• Kashi (owned by Kellogg, which has contributed $612,000 to defeat Proposition 37) - Kashi cereals contain GMOs!
• Silk soymilk (owned by the nation’s largest dairy, Dean Foods, which has contributed $253,000 to the effort to kill Proposition 37)
• Larabar (owned by General Mills, which has contributed $520,000 to defeat proposition 37)
• R.W. Knudsen (owned by Smucker, which has contributed $387,000 to defeat proposition 37)
• Santa Cruz Organic (also owned by Smucker, which has contributed $387,000 to defeat proposition 37)
• Cascadian Farm (owned by General Mills, which ... read more
- "Natural brands betray consumers over GMO labeling: NaturalNews issues boycott of Kashi, Silk, Larabar and more". Chef Jem says you can probably add Morton Salt to this list.
- Obesity10 mon
The subject matter of obesity is certainly one that deserves attention.
There are a couple things that I believe need to be clearly addressed here. First is ”Nutrient-Density”. Nutrient-density has what is needed for people to experience satiation which allows the body to feel satisfied and that allows people to stop eating. The nutrient-poor ”foods of commerce” are missing a lot of what the body needs to experience true satiation and that naturally sets people up for over-eating. ”Nutrient-Density” is very well documented by Dr. Weston A. Price in his landmark book: Nutrition and Physi ... read more
- "...obesity is 'today's' disease. It's hot, and it dominates the news when it comes to stories about health."+ How the Government Makes You Fat: Gary Taubes on Obesity, Carbs and Bad Science
- Who Needs The Brain (Food) Police?10 mon
”... Pasteurization ’... was originally conceived as a way of preventing wine and beer from souring’.:
The process developed out of a commercial need to save a certain grower’s crop and not at all for public health reasons. This commercial impulse is the actual reason for pasteurization of milk. Pasteurized milk is a food of commerce.
The first ’health safeguard’ is not pasteurization! It is actually the natural immune system that is in the milk itself. That inherent immunity comes directly from the health of the animal.
Peop ... read more
- "California Food Police Now Targeting Residents"
- More Support For Objectivity Regrading Bacteria & Virus10 mon
”Contrary to viewing bacteria, virus and algae as a threat, the millions of varieties of these structures represent the base ”intelligence”, that we sometimes call ”Mother Nature”, exuding far greater influence on the health of the planet than we may have ever considered before. As members of this universe, our very lives depend and are shaped by the influence of local collectives of mono cellular cultures - the base of ecosystems. When we attack, it attacks to counterbalance. When conditions move to extreme het or col, the mono cellular universe re-asserts itself at our cost.”:
see: 13 ... read more
- Another source (in addition to Aajonus Vonderplanitz - We Want To Live) speaks of the intelligent functions of bacteria and viruses in the human body.
- Legalizing Food Rights - an Insanity That Needs Healing Now!10 mon
Just posted the following at: ”Raw Milk: The Whole Truth”:
after originally posting it as a comment at: ”The Complete Patient”.
Legal Food Rights Is An Oxymoron!
Common Law Rights and remedies vs. legal snares.
Date: 8/4/2012 11:24:09 PM
”If one does not have food Rights then the courts are the last place to be pursuing them!
In regards to individuals and their Rights, the courts (along with other ”legal” entities) deal with privileges. They are not in the business of Rights. They are into regulating (i.e. taxing) privileges. ... read more
- America is suffering from several unexpected shock conflicts that now is manifesting as "disease" and so far we have only been considering the symptoms appearing as a loss of certain freedoms including food freedom.
- The Truth About Food, Industrial Contamination & Liberty!11 mon
”Unfortunately for everyone, our liberties have narrowed to a frighteningly dangerous state. Industrial giants like banks, agriculture, pharma, oil and government are out of control. Some people who speak out against them are threatened and/or harmed.
Several of my clients have asked me to be more careful, to not speak the truth of food, industrial contamination of everything, and liberty. I just cannot sit back and keep my mouth shut or stop my pen.
It boggles my mind that people can accept, sit and watch injustice and assaults as if they were just unreal TV soap opera. I will die f ... read more
- The most passionate dedication of Aajonus Vonderplanitz (and others) for securing our Rights to healthy foods.
- Should You Keep Grains In Your Diet?11 mon
”I steer most of my patients towards eating primarily non-grain sources of carbohydrate in whatever amount is appropriate for them.”
I endorse this kind of dietary guidance!
I recommend this article:
I commented saying I have a personal testimonial on the benefits of this in my own life and am willing to share the benefits of that with others. visit the page
- "Grains - Staff or Life or Insidious Poison?"
- How Scientific is Western Medicine?11 mon
”Treatment often causes more misery than the disease itself and in most cases is unsuccessful.”
(”The Cancer Conspiracy” by John J. Moelaert)
How Scientific Are Orthodox Cancer Treatments?
By Walter Last
The medical profession takes much pride in the rigorous scientific research that underpins its approach to cancer treatment. Someone newly diagnosed with cancer faces enormous pressure from our health care system to start immediately on a scientific medical treatment program that involves surgery, chemotherapy and radiation in various combinations. Being fearful and in shock, most ... read more
- "How Scientific Are Orthodox Cancer Treatments?" -
By Walter Last
- Infant Formulas Vs. Breast Feeding - The Gap Has Widened!11 mon
”Many pediatricians are undermining breast feeding. One hears this from mother after mother. Paraphrasing: ’Even though the baby is nursing fine and I am happy to breast feed, my pediatrician said I should start the baby on formula at 6 months.’ ...”
”... Breast feeding is immunologically essential to an infant and baby and protective against a range of diseases. ...”
”... ’There is more quality control for pet food than for infant formula.’ Reda more on that and at last eleven articles on this ... read more
- "Pediatricians and GMOs" By Carolyn Nance -
Food Freedom News, 17 July 2012
- The Basic Tenants of Anthroposophical Medicine11 mon
Just found this book.
”... This a small book that is nonetheless potent with an excellent selection of Steiner’s key lectures and essays on the topic of the medical arts. If you are looking for a readable overview of the basic tenants of anthroposophical medicine, you’ve found your book.
true human nature as a basis for medical practice;
the science of knowing;
the mission of reverence;
the four temperaments;
the bridge between universal spirituality and the physical;
the constellation of the supersensible bodies;
the invisible human within us: the pathology ... read more
- An Introductory Reader on Anthroposophical Medicine.
- "... Healthcare Reform ... In Your Kitchen, Not Washington"11 mon
The whole quote is: ”True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington” ~ Anonymous:
A guy comments at a Facebook post by Mike Adams (the Health ranger):
”Well Mike yes and no. Cooked food shortens life. I believe less cooking longer life.”
I commented right following that comment and said:
”The Kitchen is ’all inclusive’ of whatever food preparation may take place in it and traditionally it included a ’hearth’.
Bone broth is a food-as-medicine (one of many examples) whereby heat is required to extract the nutrients.
Altho ... read more
- Chef Jem comments on the belief that cooked food shortens life.
- Day of The Eagle!12 mon
Today is the Mayan day of ”Eagle”. ”It is liberty, the messenger, treasure, luck, and money. It also means fortune. It is a special day on which to dedicate the Xukulem Chuwach Ri Qajaw - Mayan ceremony to ask for good luck. This sign brings good relationships. It is a special day for increasing intuition and vision. The energy of this sign breaks with the status quo and can find a solution to anything. Tz’ikin (Kaqchikel /Yucatec Men) brings broad vision, unlimited by time or space. It is the panoramic, acute vision of the eagle.”:
Today ... read more
- Seize this day!
- Weston A. Price & The Insight of Rudolf Steiner12 mon
Weston A. Price was probably the very first individual to verify the extraordinary insight of Rudolf Steiner in regards to the relationship between nutrition and soul development. That is why I say ”the way to conquer a nation is to feed it modern foods”. In other words, our freedom as well as our loss of freedom is directly connected with what we feed ourselves. I elaborate on this in my blogs including:
Conquer a nation in part is accomplished by making people infertile:
I can poin ... read more
- Chef Jem "Likes" the Facebook page for a local chapter of the Weston A. Price Foundation
- When The "Food Bubble" Finally Bursts12 mon
”... the more traditionally correct science is enlightening: It shows that we have dramatically lowered our metabolism as a nation by eating mostly corn, soy and wheat. Put simply, we are no longer burning our food efficiently. For many people, this equates to weight gain, but for many others it also means fatigue, emotional ups and downs, poor memory, attention deficit disorder, constipation, bloating, water retention, insomnia and much more....”
Linda says: ”Infertility is ... read more
- Popping The Food Bubble by Linda DeFever
- Slay Corporate Personhood!12 mon
The ”Right to know” is certainly ”our fundamental right”!
Just in case anyone doesn’t already know the consequences of not being fully informed on GMOs:
There is a campaign (or so) to dissolve ”corporate person-hood”. Corporate person-hood is a status that corporations usurped for themselves. Since that usurpation corporations have been threatening the public peace, the health of nations and virtually all of life. Without corporate person-hood there can not be a Monsanto ... read more
- "California Voters to Decide on GMO Labeling" and beyond!
- From Very S.A.D. To "Happily Ever After"!12 mon
I grew up on wonder bread, margarine, jelly, and sugary boxed cereals with pasteurized milk. It is probably a minor miracle that my health was not a complete train wreck from the beginning. Through my 20’s the sugary boxed cereals continued and there was more pasteurized milk enhanced with Nestle’s Quick. Healthy eating was for suc***s. Until age 30, give or take, I had no significant health problems.
Starting in my early thirties I was still in fairly good shape but started to notice minor hip pain. When it continued to nag I realized it was not sore muscles but the joints themselves. ... read more
- Testimonial of Tim Boyd with the Weston A. Price Foundation
- Got Really Good Juice + Good Fats?13 mon
”The glycemic response of carrot juice can be reduced by drinking it with a spoonful of oil (or fat). About 1 tablespoon ... in an 8-ounce serving would get the results seen in this report (linked below). The (fat) has an added benefit of increasing the absorption of the fat-soluble carotenoids, such as beta-carotene, alpha-carotene and lutein. ...”
I was first introduced to juicing in the early 70s. I was most inspired by Dr. Norman Walker. He gave about a hundred juice combinations for specific treatments. His fo ... read more
- Making your own juice is absolutely superior to any commercial juice.
- "The Heart Is Not A Pump"13 mon
Part of the reason why is what happens on a cellular level.
”Mineral salts -
The four most abundant cations in the body are sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium from which phosphorus cannot be disassociated.
Sodium is the monovalent cation characteristic of extracellular fluid (ECF) and, conversely, potassium is that of intracellular fluid (ICF).
The composition of salts present in the ICF greatly differs from that of ECF but directly depends on the composition of the latter. Their relations are ensured by the ion pumps of the cell membrane.”
http://www.truthquest2.com/ocea ... read more
- Anthroposophical Anatomy
- Iatrogenic (Doctor-Originated) Shock Conflict13 mon
Iatrogenic - (... originating from a physician) is an inadvertent adverse effect or complication resulting from medical treatment or advice, including that of psychologists, therapists, pharmacists, nurses, physicians and dentists.
”Iatrogenesis is a major phenomenon, and a severe risk to patients. ... iatrogenic illness constitutes the third-leading cause of death in the United States”:
That’s nothing to sneeze at!
”... iatrogenic disease (doctor-caused) kills over 200,000 people per year--4 times as many as the Viet Nam war ... read more
- Iatrogenesis includes diagnostic and / or prognostic shock conflicts + "Cancers of the Colon, Rectum, and Sigmoid Colon"
- "Feed a Cold and Starve a Fever"?13 mon
What is the purpose of a cold?
”What was lousy in (one’s) life a week before those ’cold’ symptoms manifested?”:
There may be many purposes for a ”cold”. Many think that the purpose is to create an internal cleanse in the body. If you think that your body wants a cleanse then the next question to ask yourself may be ”what can you do to support the cleansing process”?
However, before or during the physical cleansing process one can also ask whether their emotions need discharging. Did something recently happen that ”stu ... read more
- Chef Jem posts comment at Wiki Answers.
- Previous Page, Page 8
Add Blog To Your Favorites!News, Notices, Conversations and other Communications Regarding The Recovery of Our Food Sovereignty in America. more...
Last Activity: 3 mon ago
234 Messages Last message 3 mon ago
23 Comments Last comment 24 mon ago
viewed 285,257 times
Created: 5 y Oct 06 2008
Comments (10 of 23):
Re: FDA & The Pent… refre… 24 mon
19 Related Blogs R… Chef … 24 mon
Re: Traditional Fo… trimn… 26 mon
Re: "Perhaps The V… ren 31 mon
Re: Weston Price's… loops… 3 y
Re: Hunza Babies Chef JeM 3 y
Re: The China Study CaitS… 3 y
Re: Hunza Babies kerminat… 3 y
Re: Breast Cancer … Dquix… 3 y
Re: Overcoming Pro… Anja 3 y
All Comments (23)
Blogs by chef jem (3):
Raw Milk: The Whole Truth 3 mon (248)
The U-n-I-Verse 7 mon (19)
Evolving Nutrition Awareness … 6 mon (10)
Similar Blogs (10 of 185):
The Whey, The Truth… æ by Mixologi… 12 min æ
Blue Pastry by bluepastry 54 h
Path of my Life by Karlin 12 d
Delish! by Creativelyhealed1 13 mon
The Non-Diet by marley2461 14 mon
seborrheic dermatit… by montavis… 19 mon
Low Amine Recipes by lowaminerec… 20 mon
Devotion to the Hol… by Archange… 26 mon
Health, Nutrition a… by techsneha 3 y
My 14 day juice fas… by shergold 3 y
All Blogs (1,019)