- Next Page, Page 2
- Bone Medicine - The Many, Many Benefits of Bone Broth!4 y
”Many studies now confirm what Grandma always knew--that broth made from bones is a great remedy, a tonic for the sick, a strengthener for athletes ...
The big question is why so many early studies showing the healing power of gelatin have languished in obscurity. The easy explanation is that after the 1930s, pharmaceutical drugs were widely prescribed for ills that were once healed with gelatin.”
”Why Broth is Beautiful: Essential Roles for Proline, Glycine and Gelatin”:
T ... read more
- Over a dozen health benefits from "Jewish penicillin" AKA bone broth along with supporting articles & Free Broth+Soup Course!
- Biodynamic Agriculture - The Mother Paradigm of Sustainable Agriculture and Higher Vibrational Human Nutrition!4 y
Organic foods is now defined by government regulations that allow big ag to have it their way (maybe not all the way) however, we need to ask ourselves: is that sustainable agriculture? If you were to investigate the history of organic agriculture you would come to J.I. Rodale who in the early 1940s ”coined the term ’Organic,’ but some 20 years earlier, an Austrian anthroposophist, Rudolf Steiner, had already developed the philosophical, theoretical, and practical underpinnings of yet another holistic approach to sustainable agriculture: Biodynamics.”
http://stevenkolpanonwine.blogspot.c ... read more
- First installment on the foundation of Biodynamic Agriculture as (most probably) the leading source for spiritual food and high vibrational nutrition.
- Chef Jem's Journey to High Vibration Nutritional Awareness Part I4 y
Interview by Barbara Minton (formerly with Natural News.com)
1.) Chef Jem, you have a background working as a mainstream chef including working for the Conrad Hilton Hotel and at Northwestern University. Although you’ve always loved working with food you lost interest in this kind of cheffing and became a nutritional therapist. Why?
While I was at the Hilton in 1977 it happened to become quite a center of gold-medal culinary art accomplishment complete with all the finest sculptures of chocolate, butter and ice! However another whole new world was trickling into my awareness that a ... read more
- The first of a two-part interview by Barbara Minton on Chef Jem's career.
- "The Gut is An Ecosystem, Just As Much As The Rainforests and The Oceans"4 y
”... Recognizing the potential importance that microbes play in health, the National Institutes of Health in 2007 launched the Human Microbiome Project, a five-year, $140 million effort to study all the micro-organisms that reside in or on the human body as well as their DNA.
This summer, the NIH announced that it had awarded more than $42 million to expand its ”exploration of how the trillions of microscopic organisms that live in or on our bodies affect our health.”
If these anticipated fi ... read more
- Article in the Wall Street Journal By Barbara Martinez: "Gut Reaction: 'Good' Microbes Under Attack" plus comments by Chef Jem
- "Properly Fermented Vegetables Are Safer Than Raw Vegetables"4 y
Scientists admits that this food practice (which is probably as old as agriculture itself) is safe! Imagine that!
"S... read more
- "U.S.D.A. research service microbiologist ... says properly fermented vegetables are actually safer than raw vegetables, which might have been exposed to pathogens like E. coli on the farm."
- Patients' Role in Understanding the New Medicine Paradigm4 y
DR. HAMER: "All so-called diseases have a special biological meaning. While we used to regard Mother Nature as fallible and had the audacity to believe that She constantly made mistakes and caused ... read more
- It's called "German New Medicine" since it wasn't possible to simply call it "New Medicine".
- The Glories of The Renaissance Were Created With An Average Intake Of One Teaspoon of Sugar Per Head Per Year.4 y
Read the chapter on sugar starting on page 53.
It is one of the very few references I know that offers an expansive perspective through which one can begin to see how systemic and all-pervasive th... read more
- "Sugar and The Slave Trade" - Link to "Six Plants That Transformed Mankind" plus recent article
- Will Chefs Across America Support Your "Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness" When It Comes To Your Food? They Will If You Help!4 y
In support of All of our sovereign Rights to Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness!
The following Natural Solutions Foundation Citizen’s Petition is a "ground-breaking legal approach to compel ... read more
- The Natural Solutions Foundation Citizen’s Petition - a "ground-breaking legal approach to compel the US Government to amend its Codex Policies ..."
- Threefold Nutrition4 y
IMO - Human nutrition is more than a matter of you or I eating our "three square meals" a day. With the quality of our food in mind we must consider animal, plant and even soil nutrition as well!
... read more
- An introduction to a small scale model of an integrated food systems for most city folk to consider.
- 1,375 Twitter Followers of NYC’s First Ever Burger Truck!4 y
Twitter Location: Streets of Midtown Manhattan…
"... Bio Burgers, Burgers, Burgers!!! La Cense Beef is Proud to Launch NYC’s First Ev... visit the page
- New York City’s First Ever Burger Truck!
- "Nutrition & Physical Degeneration" and Beyond!4 y
In Weston A. Price circles we refer to this book ("Nutrition & Physical Degeneration") as "The Old Testament" and "Nourishing Traditions" (NT) as the New Testament. Although there may be some well ... read more
- Chef Jem's invite to talk about his reading of this book.
- "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration"4 y
Just found this 2 minute and 38 second video with very strong endorsement of ”Nutrition and Physical Degeneration” by Weston A. Price:
... read more
- Dr. William Campbell Douglass expresses the importance of "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration" by Weston A. Price.
- Time Now for Rethinking The Flu Virus!4 y
Just sent this to the Biodynamic Yahoo group:
This is the list that I think may be most receptive to possibly rethinking about the flu virus.
For well over thirty years I ha... read more
- Chef Jem's perspective regarding what the flu viruses are essentially all about
- Reply from the American Dietetic Association4 y
Here's what I sent:
From: Chef Jem
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 3:36 AM
To: Position Papers
Subject: "food guide for North American vegetarians"
... read more
- Dietary Questions Apparently Dismissed in a Reply from ADA
- Dreaming of A New Summer Camp4 y
I'm dreaming of a new Summer camp for children and to some extent for parents as well.
The camp would include all the favorite recreational camp life possible and much more! First of all it woul... read more
- Seed dream for a Waldorf Summer camp on or within hiking distance from a Biodymanamic farm and serving Nourishing Traditions as the camp food!
- I'm Dreaming of Liver Sausage!4 y
I am convinced that my long-time prayers for some local-made old-fashioned liver sausage have been answered as of yesterday afternoon when I met Josh at the North Park Farmers Market in San Diego! ... read more
- Introducing the Knight Salumi Company
- Want Your Vitamins A, D and K(2)?4 y
Imagine a grass-fed burger or meat loaf (Nourishing Traditions recipe) topped with grass-fed cheese (just before serving) with your favorite lacto-fermented veggies on the side! Enjoy it at a picni... read more
- "Tufts University confirmed ... that vitamin A protects against vitamin D's induction of renal calcification (kidney stones) by normalizing the production of vitamin K-dependent proteins"
- Amazing! Is History Repeating Itself?4 y
After my previous blog I have read a few notices circulating that are warning the American people on two items in Congress (HR 875 and SB 425) that are backed by Monsanto, et al with the typical hi... read more
- Americans very urgently need to know where "Acts of Congress" pertain to. Proposed legislation appears to be an attack against organic and small farming nation-wide; however according to Fundamental Law do "Acts of Congress" truly have that power?
- "Governmental Agencies Tend To Be Taken Over By Racketeers"4 y
I discovered this paper in reading "Butter, Vitamin E and the ‘X‘ Factor of Dr. Price" (also by Royal Lee) at:
http://www.seleneriverpress.com/media/pdf_docs/... read more
- Excerpt from a document by Royal Lee wherein he refers to "The History of a Crime Against the Pure Food Law" by Dr. Harvey W. Wiley's (1930) and "The Legacy of Dr. Wiley" by M. Natenberg apparently published in the mid 50's
- Private Chef Training & Service Extraordinaire!5 y
If you want the kind of foods that you don't now have the time and energy to prepare, that are just not available in your grocery stores and/or restaurants - then consider having your own Private C... read more
- Chef Jem offers an In-Home Nourishing Traditions Training Program!
- GMO Sugar5 y
Chef Jem writes Organic Consumers Association
Is all the GMO sugar coming from sugar beets? If it also includes sugar
cane then do we need ... read more
- Chef Jem asks the Organic Consumers Association whether all GMO sugar is coming from sugar beets.
- New Study Confirms Genetically Engineered Food Damages Fertility5 y
New Study Confirms Genetically Engineered Food Damages Fertility:
Austrian Government Study Confirms Genetical... read more
- Austrian Government Study Confirms Genetically Modified (GM) Crops
Threaten Human Fertility and Health Safety
- The Use and Benefits of Very High Vitamin Butter For The Control of Dental Caries5 y
The following is an excerpt from from pages 293 to 295 of "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration" by Weston A. Price
You can also read from this chapter in "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration" on... read more
- An excerpt on "Primitive control of caries" from "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration" by Weston A. Price
plus links to several other Chef Jem blogs on Butter!
- "Instead of Throwing It Out or Just Feeding It To The Pigs, Madison Avenue Steps In."5 y
One of the very best pieces I've read on: "The Magic Bean":
I have laughed over "Soy Pepsi?"
I also had to refer to this with it's refe... read more
- "Program(ing) people to think that this artificial food waste was actually a complete food in itself"
- Almond Growers and Handlers File Federal Lawsuit Seeking to End “Adulteration” of Raw Nuts5 y
Almond Growers and Handlers File Federal Lawsuit Seeking to End “Adulteration” of Raw Nuts
http://www.cornucopia.org/2008/09/almond-growers-and-handlers-file-federal-lawsuit-seeking-to-end-adult... read more
- WASHINGTON, D.C. A group of fifteen American almond growers and wholesale nut handlers filed a lawsuit in the Washington, D.C. federal court on Tuesday, September 9 seeking to repeal a controversial USDA-mandated treatment program for California-grown raw almonds.
Add Blog To Your Favorites!News, Notices, Conversations and other Communications Regarding The Recovery of Our Food Sovereignty in America. more...
Last Activity: 3 mon ago
234 Messages Last message 3 mon ago
23 Comments Last comment 24 mon ago
viewed 285,142 times
Created: 5 y Oct 06 2008
Comments (10 of 23):
Re: FDA & The Pent… refre… 24 mon
19 Related Blogs R… Chef … 24 mon
Re: Traditional Fo… trimn… 26 mon
Re: "Perhaps The V… ren 31 mon
Re: Weston Price's… loops… 3 y
Re: Hunza Babies Chef JeM 3 y
Re: The China Study CaitS… 3 y
Re: Hunza Babies kerminat… 3 y
Re: Breast Cancer … Dquix… 3 y
Re: Overcoming Pro… Anja 3 y
All Comments (23)
Blogs by chef jem (3):
Raw Milk: The Whole Truth 3 mon (248)
The U-n-I-Verse 7 mon (19)
Evolving Nutrition Awareness … 6 mon (10)
Similar Blogs (10 of 185):
Blue Pastry by bluepastry 39 h
The Whey, The Truth… by Mixologi… 57 h
Path of my Life by Karlin 11 d
Delish! by Creativelyhealed1 13 mon
The Non-Diet by marley2461 14 mon
seborrheic dermatit… by montavis… 19 mon
Low Amine Recipes by lowaminerec… 20 mon
Devotion to the Hol… by Archange… 26 mon
Health, Nutrition a… by techsneha 3 y
My 14 day juice fas… by shergold 3 y
All Blogs (1,019)