Add Blog To Your Favorites!”Mother Earth Heals” focuses on everyday ways that we can help the Earth by using home products that are healthy for us and for the environment; easy ways that we can be involved in action campaigns directed towards government and industry to address environmental and health issues; and my own personal experiences in nature that are helping me to heal in mind-body, heart and soul.… more...
Last Activity: 18 d ago
689 Messages Last message 18 d ago
481 Comments Last comment 21 d ago
viewed 1,732,431 times
Created: 9 y May 26 2005
Comments (10 of 481):
Re: Man Plants 3,0… Liora… 21 d
Re: Man Plants 3,0… albin… 34 d
Re: Organic Batter… Liora… 4 mon
Re: Organic Batter… Desti… 4 mon
Re: Chemicals Maki… Liora… 10 mon
Re: Chemicals Maki… zincs… 17 mon
Re: Photos:Human C… Liora… 21 mon
Re: Photos:Human C… Milla… 21 mon
Re: Photos:Human C… Liora… 21 mon
Re: Environmental … Liora… 31 mon
All Comments (481)
Blogs by Liora Leah (1):
Spirit Speaks 2 y (256)
Similar Blogs (10 of 185):
Men’s Health by #191786 14 h
Plant Your Dream! by YourEnchantedGardener 21 h
Ya’ think?? by kerminator 48 h
EarthSpirit by Mayah 49 h
Soul Evolution & Ho… by mona678 5 d
Psyche & Health by Chef JeM 5 d
Natural Vision Corn… by darmar 7 d
ProductReviews by #191593 7 d
Testosterone Propio… by steroidpowder 7 d
Eyes Pause by EyesPause 11 d
All Blogs (1,019)
- Ecosia:Plant Trees for FREE 18 d
I’ve made ECOSIA my default search engine. Since May 2014, I’ve helped to plant 414 trees. FAQs https://www.ecosia.org/faq#130 What is Ecosia and why should I use it? Ecosia is a search engine that plants trees. You can search and shop the web with Ecosia to help reforest the Brazilian Atlantic Forest in cooperation with The Nature Conservancy’s ”Plant a Billion Trees” program. Ecosia’s web search is also completely CO2 neutral. How much money does Ecosia earn? How much does it donate? Ecosia has two main sources of income, EcoAds and EcoLinks. We give 80 percent ... read more
- "Ecosia is a search engine that donates 80% of its income to a tree planting program in Brazil. By searching with Ecosia you can help the environment for free. Give it a try!"
- 50 Million Trees! 21 d
Dedicated to the goal of preserving the open road for future generations of riders, Harley-Davidson is mobilizing its riders worldwide to help plant 50 million trees by 2025. The initiative, called Renew the Ride and announced last week, is the latest global mission and call to action for Harley riders.
The Milwaukee-based motorcycle company is rallying its owners and dealers to dedicate time, donations and organizational efforts to help a new partner, The Nature Conservancy, reach the ambitious goal of its global Plant a Billion Trees program.
As part ... read more
- Harley-Davidson Mobilizes Bikers to Plant 50 Million Trees
- Man Plants 3,000 acres of TREES! 35 d
”At the age of 17, after witnessing hundreds of snakes dying from drought on his island in India, Jadav Payeng started to grow trees on what was barren land devastated by erosion. 35 years later a jungle of almost 3000 acres (1200 hectares) — larger than Central Park — has grown in the wasteland, thanks to his daily careful cultivation. Diverse animals, including Elephants, now enjoy his lush oasis. A documentary, Forest Man, shows how one person can change the course of nature.” http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/forest-man-of-india-film/ ”Since the 1970’s Majuli ... read more
- Man single-handedly plants 3,000 acres of trees in remote fresh water island of India to prevent erosion, bring back wildlife--fantastic!
- Scottish Renewable Energy Success! 42 d
The trade body has produced a video to highlight the benefits of renewable energy to Scotland.
The animation, which will be premiered at an international Commonwealth Games renewables event in Glasgow, highlights 30 key green energy points.
The video, and accompanying booklet, will be launched next week and is designed to communicate the key advantages of renewable energy to Scotland in terms of energy generation, the economy, our people and communities and the environment.
Scotland produces the equivalent of almost half its electricity demand from renewables, more than doubling o ... read more
- "The carbon dioxide removed from the atmosphere in Scotland by renewable energy projects since 2012 was the equivalent of halting every motor vehicle journey for an entire year, according to Scottish Renewables."
- Printable Solar Panels! 42 d
Printable solar panels, developed by CSIRO and Melbourne universities, one step closer to market
By Emily Stewart
Updated 9 Sep 2014
Photo: CSIRO materials scientist Dr Scott Watkins holds a sheet of flexible solar cells. (Supplied: CSIRO)
Australian solar power scientists are one step closer to making available a cheaper and faster way to print solar cells onto plastic.
CSIRO’s senior research scientist Dr Fiona Scholes said the technology was almost at the commercialisation stage and could be used to power laptops to rooftops.
”iPad covers, laptop bags, skins o ... read more
- Australian solar power scientists are one step closer to making available a cheaper and faster way to print solar cells onto plastic.
- Organic Battery! 4 mon
A New Battery That’s Cheap, Clean, Rechargeable, and Organic by Good News Network - July 6, 2014
USC-battery-researcher-Sri-NarayanScientists at USC have developed a water-based organic battery that is long-lasting and built from cheap, eco-friendly components — no metals or toxic materials.
The new battery is intended for use in power plants, where it could make the energy grid more resilient and efficient by creating a large-scale means to store energy for use as ne ... read more
- A New Battery that's cheap, Clean, Rechargeable, and ORGANIC!
- Happy Earth Day! 7 mon
visit the page
- Beautiful video from a Tedtalk celebrating the amazing pollinators of our planet!
- Buses Run on Food Waste 9 mon
Oslo Turns Food Waste into Fuel for Buses
By Good News Network Sunday, February 16, 2014
A plant in Norway last week began converting household food waste into liquid biogas fuel to run the city’s 135 buses. As a result, carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions will be reduced by some 10,000 tons each year, and particulate matter cut, too.
The biogas liquefaction plant was brought online February 12 by a Norwegian specialist in bio-waste treatment. The City of Oslo and EGE (its Waste-to-Energy Agency) are now producing biomethane from the food waste that w ... read more
- 135 buses in Oslo, Norway, to run on biofuel made from food waste.
- "Green" Buddhist Chemistry 10 mon
Kham Thiphavong with his water based paint thinner in Vancouver, BC, January 15, 2014. Kham is a Buddhist chemist, originally from Laos. Water Based Solutions makes eco-friendly products, chief among which is an eco-friendly water-based paint stripper.
Photograph by: Arlen Redekop , PROVINCE
A Buddhist chemist quietly plying his trade in B.C.’s Fraser Valley may be on the verge of curing one of humanity’s most poisonous practices — stripping paint.
Kham Thiphavong of Maple Ridge has developed a water-based paint remov ... read more
- Buddhist Chemist creates eco-friendly paint stripper and other "green" industrial products
- Energy:Sugar Battery! 10 mon
Virginia Tech research means longer-lasting smartphones, tablets and consoles powered by sugar could be available soon
Researchers from Virginia Tech show off their new sugar battery that could power gadgets within three years. Photograph: Virginia Tech College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Scientists in the US have developed a sugar-powered "biobattery" that they say stores 10 times more energy than the equivalent-size lithium-ion batteries found in smartphones.
According to the team at Virginia Tech university, ... read more
- Sugar battery offers hope of green-powered gadgets within three years
- SCal Nuke Plant Shuts Down! 17 mon
San Onofre nuke plant to close after bitter fight
By Michael r. Blood, Associated Press | Associated Press – Sat, Jun 8, 2013 11:54 AM EDT
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The demise of California’s San Onofre nuclear power plant began with an attempt to fix it.
A $670 million equipment swap in 2009 and 2010 went haywire, leaving Southern California Edison on Friday with two idle reactors, more than $500 million in bills and a federal decision on a possible restart nowhere in sight.
The company decided to clos ... read more
- "Showdown over Calif's troubled San Onofre nuclear plant ends, reactors to close permanently"
- Plastic Bottle House! 19 mon
Uploaded on May 1, 2011
For more information on Samarpan Foundation: http://www.samarpanfoundation.org
"CONSTRUCTION WITH BOTTLES
Do you remember the last time you bought a drink in a plastic bottle? Chances are that you threw away the bottle, without a second thought, when you were done. That’s what most of us do. Plastic is one of the most disposable materials in the modern world. It makes up much of the street side litter in urban and rural areas. It is rapidly filli ... read more
- Samarpan Foundation in New Dehlhi uses hundreds of used plastic bottles instead of conventional bricks in creating functional living spaces and school buildings. FANTASTIC video!
- Recycled Plastic Floor Mat! 21 mon
My recycled plastic kitchen Mad Mat photo b ... read more
- UPDATED! I've had my large kitchen floor mat made of recycled plastic for years and it's held up very well. Just be careful where you put your feet!
- Organic Laundry Detergent 21 mon
Whole Foods Market Organic Green Mission liquid laundry detergent
My laundry products: energy and water saving front loading washer, organic liquid laundry detergent, baking soda as laundry booster/deodorizer, hydrogen peroxide to break down stains, apple cider vinegar in rinse to get out any remaining soap residues and also serves as a mild astringent to keep mold from growing in the washer.
The Whole Foods GREEN MISSION Organic Laundry Detergent label reads as follows:
No chlorine, phosphates, or petrochemicals. USDA Organic. H ... read more
- I was very pleased to find this non-toxic laundry detergent in my local Whole Foods Market! This goes one big step beyond the other non-toxic laundry detergents I have used in that almost all of the ingredients are ORGANIC!
- Toxic RoundUP Exposure Today 21 mon
As I write this I am feeling the effects of having been “RoundUpped” this afternoon: my head is throbbing, my lips and tongue are tingling, and I feel exhausted. These are symptoms I get when I’m on “toxic overload”, having been exposed to chemicals that my body, as a person with multiple chemical sensitivity*, has a hard time detoxifiying.
This afternoon I took a walk at one of my favorite 2 mile trails that parallels a river channel, hidden in the midst of a Southern California suburban neighborhood. As I headed back to my car on the return route I spotted a man w ... read more
- I am suffering the effects of toxic exposure from RoundUp this afternoon. A product developed by Monsanto, RoundUp is touted as a "safe" herbicide, yet there is a growing body of scientific research that says otherwise.
- Photos:Human Canaries 21 mon
The Air Is Poison
By David Rosenberg
Feb 1, 2013
Photographer Thilde Jensen began photographing her series “Canaries” a year after coming down with what is known as multiple chemical sensitivity (or MCS), a painful and debilitating condition that radically changed her life.
Many people’s only exposure to this condition is the Todd Haynes 1995 film Safe .
Although not recognized by the American Medical Association, multipl ... read more
- Multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS) is a chronic condition in which the immune and central nervous systems are affected by daily exposure to the toxic chemicals that dominate modern society such as perfume and scented products; cleaning products; car exhaust, synthetic fabric, vinyl, pesticides, and other petrochemical products; building materials, furniture, formaldehyde, among many others. Photographer Thilde Jensen began photographing her series "Canaries" a year after developing MCS.
- GMO=MORE Herbicide Use! 21 mon
Genetically Modified Crops Have Led To Pesticide Increase, Study Finds
By Carey Gillam
Reuters | By Carey Gillam Posted: 10/01/2012 9:18 pm
(Reuters) - U.S. farmers are using more hazardous pesticides to fight weeds and insects due largely to heavy adoption of genetically modified crop technologies that are sparking a rise of ”superweeds” and hard-to-kill insects, according to a newly released study.
Genetically engineered crops have led to an increase in o ... read more
- As "superweeds" develop in resistance to herbicides in GMO crops such as soybeans, herbicide use in the United States has increased by 537 million pounds over a 16 year period, new study shows. While overall insecticide use has decreased during the same time period, it is now on the rise as insects are now becoming resistant to the toxins expressed in GMO corn and other GMO crops.
- The Four "R's" 24 mon
Yesterday and today were fix-it days for some of the things I own:
-I FINALLY had two pieces of 10” X 12” glass cut for two picture frames I put together myself several years ago, and found out from the shop owner that they fix broken window cranks and window screens. My house is 53 years old with equally old window cranks—3 of which are broken, and window screens that are getting rather “holey”.
-While waiting for the glass to be cut, I took my 46 year old brass lamp in for repair at the lamp experts next door to the glass dealer; I also bought four new 3-foot long tube florescent ... read more
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and REPAIR!
- BedNets for Malaria 24 mon
DONATION CAMPAIGN: http://www.indiegogo.com/drbronners
Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps is raising $25,000 to provide life-saving mosquito nets for thousands of families to fight the spread of malaria in the region surrounding Asuom, Ghana. We will proudly match each dollar raised.
The Bronner family has been making soap for 5 generations. The goal of this generation is to carry on the social and environmental ideals of our grandfather, Dr. Bronner. One of the ways we do this is by doing right by the farmers and workers who produce the raw materials in our soaps, which includes suppor ... read more
- BED NETS FOR MALARIA IN GHANA. We know Dr. Bronner's as the company that makes great soap from organic and fair trade ingredients. Now Dr. Bronner's is sponsoring a campaign to combat malaria in Eastern Ghana. Help Dr. Bronner's raise funds; every $10 donated buys a bed net. Dr. Bronner's matches funds dollar for dollar. Go to IndieGoGo for the donation campaign, donate and help save lives.
- Chemicals Making You Sick? 27 mon
Are Chemicals Making You Sick? The Hidden Health Problem of Chemical Sensitivity
Posted: 08/01/2012 5:46 pm
Leo Galland, M.D.
The Huffington Post
People who are intolerant of chemicals in everyday products or the environment often find their problems ignored or brushed aside by other people, even their doctors.
Over the past 30 years I’ve routinely asked patients about intolerance to chemicals, foods and drugs and found a normal bell-shaped curve of distribution: Most people in my medical pract ... read more
- Toxic chemicals are ubiquitous in our 21st century Western environment. Over 20% of people who are chronically ill have chemical sensitivity, often undiagnosed.
- Energy:Solar FILM! 27 mon
A new transparent solar film developed by UCLA researchers, laid over a piece of glass, is nearly invisible. The breakthrough makes possible windows that generate electricity and many other inexpensive applications. ( UCLA)
By Dean Kuipers
July 28, 2012 , 6:00 a.m.
Los Angeles Times
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/environment/la-me-gs-ucla-transparent-solar-film-could-be-gamechanger-20120727,0,4271267.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_m ... read more
- Revolutionary breakthrough: solar cells a transparent film that can be applied to anything--windows, buildings, cars, you name it!!
- Majestic Plastic Bag 28 mon
visit the page
- Narrated by Academy Award-winner Jeremy Irons, this "mockumentary" video, hammers home the stark reality of California's plastic bag pollution situation.
- Label GMO's in California! 30 mon
SUPPORT LABELING OF GMO’S IN CALIFORNIA!
If voters pass the initiative, food sellers would be required to use a label identifying foods grown from genetically engineered seeds or containing genetically engineered ingredients. The initiative would also outlaw the routine industry practice of marketing GMO-tainted foods as “natural.”
It’s only a matter of time before Monsanto trys to defeat this initiative. Between May 1 and May 26, a broad coalition of food, farm, health, public interest, and environmental groups all over the country, joined by leading organic food com ... read more
- California Right to Know Genetically Engineered Food Act, a citizen's ballot initiative to label GMOs, has qualified for the California State Ballot in November!
- Generous Garden Project 31 mon
Uploaded by Bus52videos on Feb 16, 2012
Behind a small health food store in Greenville, SC lies a large unused plot of land. That is, it was unoccupied until Bo Cable’s desire to help his community resulted in the creation of The Generous Garden Project. Now it is the site of a flurry of activity and a very successful vegetable garden.
After a life spent in the publishing industry, Bo started The Generous Garden Project after a simple idea he wrote down just would not go away. After being drawn to Greenville becau ... read more
- The Generous Garden Project in South Carolina started in April 2011 and in its first year, it grew and distributed 32,000 lbs of organic produce, the equivalent of over 21,000 meals. ALL of the 100% organic produce goes to local food banks, shelters and single-parent families.
- CALIF Nukes All Down! 31 mon
ALL CALIFORNIA NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS ARE CURRENTLY DOWN!
April 27, 2012/Jelly fish shut down Diablo Canyon Nuclear power plant:
San Onofre Nuclear Power plants two units have been shut down since Janurary 2012 because of a radiation leak and extensive wear in tubing carrying radioactive water: http://sciencedude.ocregister.com/2012/02/02/nuclear-leak-damage-to-both-reactor-units/167503/
P ... read more
- ALL CALIFORNIANS! As of today, April 30, 2012, all of California's nuclear power plants are shut down! TAKE ACTION to KEEP THEM SHUT DOWN!
- Nuke KO'd by Fish! 31 mon
Diablo Canyon nuclear plant in California knocked offline by jellyfish-like creature called salp
Diablo Canyon Power Plant / AP
This photo provided by the Diablo Canyon Power Plant on Friday shows salp, a gelatinous sea creature, at a nuclear reactor intake structure.
By James Eng, msnbc.com
In Japan, it was a monstrous earthquake and tsunami that brought down the Fukushima nuclear plant. In California, it’s a tiny ... read more
- Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant in California shut down because of jelly fish invasion! This makes me happy. Thank you, Mother Nature!
- Previous Page, Page 39