Add Blog To Your Favorites!”Mother Earth Heals” focuses on everyday ways that we can help the Earth by using home products that are healthy for us and for the environment; easy ways that we can be involved in action campaigns directed towards government and industry to address environmental and health issues; and my own personal experiences in nature that are helping me to heal in mind-body, heart and soul.… more...
Last Activity: 53 d ago
684 Messages Last message 56 d ago
479 Comments Last comment 53 d ago
viewed 1,684,554 times
Created: 9 y May 26 2005
Comments (10 of 479):
Re: Organic Batter… Liora… 53 d
Re: Organic Batter… Desti… 53 d
Re: Chemicals Maki… Liora… 8 mon
Re: Chemicals Maki… zincs… 15 mon
Re: Photos:Human C… Liora… 19 mon
Re: Photos:Human C… Milla… 19 mon
Re: Photos:Human C… Liora… 19 mon
Re: Environmental … Liora… 29 mon
Re: Environmental … Liora… 29 mon
Re: Environmental … mu-sh… 29 mon
All Comments (479)
Blogs by Liora Leah (1):
Spirit Speaks 32 mon (256)
Similar Blogs (10 of 185):
Ya’ think?? by kerminator 14 h
Plant Your Dream! by YourEnchantedGardener 14 h
30 day water fast!!… by dezi20 20 h
Cheeta: Cultural He… by Chef JeM 30 h
Psyche & Health by Chef JeM 4 d
Codependency: The C… by randigfine 4 d
EarthSpirit by Mayah 5 d
how i cure hiv aids by puratata 6 d
Water fast journey. by lmat18 7 d
“No More Cellulite:… by JoanneSohn123 9 d
All Blogs (1,019)
- Organic Battery! 56 d
A New Battery That’s Cheap, Clean, Rechargeable, and Organic by Good News Network - July 6, 2014
USC-battery-researcher-Sri-NarayanScientists at USC have developed a water-based organic battery that is long-lasting and built from cheap, eco-friendly components — no metals or toxic materials.
The new battery is intended for use in power plants, where it could make the energy grid more resilient and efficient by creating a large-scale means to store energy for use as ne ... read more
- A New Battery that's cheap, Clean, Rechargeable, and ORGANIC!
- Happy Earth Day! 5 mon
visit the page
- Beautiful video from a Tedtalk celebrating the amazing pollinators of our planet!
- Buses Run on Food Waste 7 mon
Oslo Turns Food Waste into Fuel for Buses
By Good News Network Sunday, February 16, 2014
A plant in Norway last week began converting household food waste into liquid biogas fuel to run the city’s 135 buses. As a result, carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions will be reduced by some 10,000 tons each year, and particulate matter cut, too.
The biogas liquefaction plant was brought online February 12 by a Norwegian specialist in bio-waste treatment. The City of Oslo and EGE (its Waste-to-Energy Agency) are now producing biomethane from the food waste that w ... read more
- 135 buses in Oslo, Norway, to run on biofuel made from food waste.
- "Green" Buddhist Chemistry 8 mon
Kham Thiphavong with his water based paint thinner in Vancouver, BC, January 15, 2014. Kham is a Buddhist chemist, originally from Laos. Water Based Solutions makes eco-friendly products, chief among which is an eco-friendly water-based paint stripper.
Photograph by: Arlen Redekop , PROVINCE
A Buddhist chemist quietly plying his trade in B.C.’s Fraser Valley may be on the verge of curing one of humanity’s most poisonous practices — stripping paint.
Kham Thiphavong of Maple Ridge has developed a water-based paint remov ... read more
- Buddhist Chemist creates eco-friendly paint stripper and other "green" industrial products
- Energy:Sugar Battery! 8 mon
Virginia Tech research means longer-lasting smartphones, tablets and consoles powered by sugar could be available soon
Researchers from Virginia Tech show off their new sugar battery that could power gadgets within three years. Photograph: Virginia Tech College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Scientists in the US have developed a sugar-powered "biobattery" that they say stores 10 times more energy than the equivalent-size lithium-ion batteries found in smartphones.
According to the team at Virginia Tech university, ... read more
- Sugar battery offers hope of green-powered gadgets within three years
- SCal Nuke Plant Shuts Down! 15 mon
San Onofre nuke plant to close after bitter fight
By Michael r. Blood, Associated Press | Associated Press – Sat, Jun 8, 2013 11:54 AM EDT
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The demise of California’s San Onofre nuclear power plant began with an attempt to fix it.
A $670 million equipment swap in 2009 and 2010 went haywire, leaving Southern California Edison on Friday with two idle reactors, more than $500 million in bills and a federal decision on a possible restart nowhere in sight.
The company decided to clos ... read more
- "Showdown over Calif's troubled San Onofre nuclear plant ends, reactors to close permanently"
- Plastic Bottle House! 17 mon
Uploaded on May 1, 2011
For more information on Samarpan Foundation: http://www.samarpanfoundation.org
"CONSTRUCTION WITH BOTTLES
Do you remember the last time you bought a drink in a plastic bottle? Chances are that you threw away the bottle, without a second thought, when you were done. That’s what most of us do. Plastic is one of the most disposable materials in the modern world. It makes up much of the street side litter in urban and rural areas. It is rapidly filli ... read more
- Samarpan Foundation in New Dehlhi uses hundreds of used plastic bottles instead of conventional bricks in creating functional living spaces and school buildings. FANTASTIC video!
- Recycled Plastic Floor Mat! 19 mon
My recycled plastic kitchen Mad Mat photo b ... read more
- UPDATED! I've had my large kitchen floor mat made of recycled plastic for years and it's held up very well. Just be careful where you put your feet!
- Organic Laundry Detergent 19 mon
Whole Foods Market Organic Green Mission liquid laundry detergent
My laundry products: energy and water saving front loading washer, organic liquid laundry detergent, baking soda as laundry booster/deodorizer, hydrogen peroxide to break down stains, apple cider vinegar in rinse to get out any remaining soap residues and also serves as a mild astringent to keep mold from growing in the washer.
The Whole Foods GREEN MISSION Organic Laundry Detergent label reads as follows:
No chlorine, phosphates, or petrochemicals. USDA Organic. H ... read more
- I was very pleased to find this non-toxic laundry detergent in my local Whole Foods Market! This goes one big step beyond the other non-toxic laundry detergents I have used in that almost all of the ingredients are ORGANIC!
- Toxic RoundUP Exposure Today 19 mon
As I write this I am feeling the effects of having been “RoundUpped” this afternoon: my head is throbbing, my lips and tongue are tingling, and I feel exhausted. These are symptoms I get when I’m on “toxic overload”, having been exposed to chemicals that my body, as a person with multiple chemical sensitivity*, has a hard time detoxifiying.
This afternoon I took a walk at one of my favorite 2 mile trails that parallels a river channel, hidden in the midst of a Southern California suburban neighborhood. As I headed back to my car on the return route I spotted a man w ... read more
- I am suffering the effects of toxic exposure from RoundUp this afternoon. A product developed by Monsanto, RoundUp is touted as a "safe" herbicide, yet there is a growing body of scientific research that says otherwise.
- Photos:Human Canaries 19 mon
The Air Is Poison
By David Rosenberg
Feb 1, 2013
Photographer Thilde Jensen began photographing her series “Canaries” a year after coming down with what is known as multiple chemical sensitivity (or MCS), a painful and debilitating condition that radically changed her life.
Many people’s only exposure to this condition is the Todd Haynes 1995 film Safe .
Although not recognized by the American Medical Association, multipl ... read more
- Multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS) is a chronic condition in which the immune and central nervous systems are affected by daily exposure to the toxic chemicals that dominate modern society such as perfume and scented products; cleaning products; car exhaust, synthetic fabric, vinyl, pesticides, and other petrochemical products; building materials, furniture, formaldehyde, among many others. Photographer Thilde Jensen began photographing her series "Canaries" a year after developing MCS.
- GMO=MORE Herbicide Use! 19 mon
Genetically Modified Crops Have Led To Pesticide Increase, Study Finds
By Carey Gillam
Reuters | By Carey Gillam Posted: 10/01/2012 9:18 pm
(Reuters) - U.S. farmers are using more hazardous pesticides to fight weeds and insects due largely to heavy adoption of genetically modified crop technologies that are sparking a rise of ”superweeds” and hard-to-kill insects, according to a newly released study.
Genetically engineered crops have led to an increase in o ... read more
- As "superweeds" develop in resistance to herbicides in GMO crops such as soybeans, herbicide use in the United States has increased by 537 million pounds over a 16 year period, new study shows. While overall insecticide use has decreased during the same time period, it is now on the rise as insects are now becoming resistant to the toxins expressed in GMO corn and other GMO crops.
- The Four "R's" 22 mon
Yesterday and today were fix-it days for some of the things I own:
-I FINALLY had two pieces of 10” X 12” glass cut for two picture frames I put together myself several years ago, and found out from the shop owner that they fix broken window cranks and window screens. My house is 53 years old with equally old window cranks—3 of which are broken, and window screens that are getting rather “holey”.
-While waiting for the glass to be cut, I took my 46 year old brass lamp in for repair at the lamp experts next door to the glass dealer; I also bought four new 3-foot long tube florescent ... read more
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and REPAIR!
- BedNets for Malaria 22 mon
DONATION CAMPAIGN: http://www.indiegogo.com/drbronners
Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps is raising $25,000 to provide life-saving mosquito nets for thousands of families to fight the spread of malaria in the region surrounding Asuom, Ghana. We will proudly match each dollar raised.
The Bronner family has been making soap for 5 generations. The goal of this generation is to carry on the social and environmental ideals of our grandfather, Dr. Bronner. One of the ways we do this is by doing right by the farmers and workers who produce the raw materials in our soaps, which includes suppor ... read more
- BED NETS FOR MALARIA IN GHANA. We know Dr. Bronner's as the company that makes great soap from organic and fair trade ingredients. Now Dr. Bronner's is sponsoring a campaign to combat malaria in Eastern Ghana. Help Dr. Bronner's raise funds; every $10 donated buys a bed net. Dr. Bronner's matches funds dollar for dollar. Go to IndieGoGo for the donation campaign, donate and help save lives.
- Chemicals Making You Sick? 25 mon
Are Chemicals Making You Sick? The Hidden Health Problem of Chemical Sensitivity
Posted: 08/01/2012 5:46 pm
Leo Galland, M.D.
The Huffington Post
People who are intolerant of chemicals in everyday products or the environment often find their problems ignored or brushed aside by other people, even their doctors.
Over the past 30 years I’ve routinely asked patients about intolerance to chemicals, foods and drugs and found a normal bell-shaped curve of distribution: Most people in my medical pract ... read more
- Toxic chemicals are ubiquitous in our 21st century Western environment. Over 20% of people who are chronically ill have chemical sensitivity, often undiagnosed.
- Energy:Solar FILM! 25 mon
A new transparent solar film developed by UCLA researchers, laid over a piece of glass, is nearly invisible. The breakthrough makes possible windows that generate electricity and many other inexpensive applications. ( UCLA)
By Dean Kuipers
July 28, 2012 , 6:00 a.m.
Los Angeles Times
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/environment/la-me-gs-ucla-transparent-solar-film-could-be-gamechanger-20120727,0,4271267.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_m ... read more
- Revolutionary breakthrough: solar cells a transparent film that can be applied to anything--windows, buildings, cars, you name it!!
- Majestic Plastic Bag 26 mon
visit the page
- Narrated by Academy Award-winner Jeremy Irons, this "mockumentary" video, hammers home the stark reality of California's plastic bag pollution situation.
- Label GMO's in California! 28 mon
SUPPORT LABELING OF GMO’S IN CALIFORNIA!
If voters pass the initiative, food sellers would be required to use a label identifying foods grown from genetically engineered seeds or containing genetically engineered ingredients. The initiative would also outlaw the routine industry practice of marketing GMO-tainted foods as “natural.”
It’s only a matter of time before Monsanto trys to defeat this initiative. Between May 1 and May 26, a broad coalition of food, farm, health, public interest, and environmental groups all over the country, joined by leading organic food com ... read more
- California Right to Know Genetically Engineered Food Act, a citizen's ballot initiative to label GMOs, has qualified for the California State Ballot in November!
- Generous Garden Project 29 mon
Uploaded by Bus52videos on Feb 16, 2012
Behind a small health food store in Greenville, SC lies a large unused plot of land. That is, it was unoccupied until Bo Cable’s desire to help his community resulted in the creation of The Generous Garden Project. Now it is the site of a flurry of activity and a very successful vegetable garden.
After a life spent in the publishing industry, Bo started The Generous Garden Project after a simple idea he wrote down just would not go away. After being drawn to Greenville becau ... read more
- The Generous Garden Project in South Carolina started in April 2011 and in its first year, it grew and distributed 32,000 lbs of organic produce, the equivalent of over 21,000 meals. ALL of the 100% organic produce goes to local food banks, shelters and single-parent families.
- CALIF Nukes All Down! 29 mon
ALL CALIFORNIA NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS ARE CURRENTLY DOWN!
April 27, 2012/Jelly fish shut down Diablo Canyon Nuclear power plant:
San Onofre Nuclear Power plants two units have been shut down since Janurary 2012 because of a radiation leak and extensive wear in tubing carrying radioactive water: http://sciencedude.ocregister.com/2012/02/02/nuclear-leak-damage-to-both-reactor-units/167503/
P ... read more
- ALL CALIFORNIANS! As of today, April 30, 2012, all of California's nuclear power plants are shut down! TAKE ACTION to KEEP THEM SHUT DOWN!
- Nuke KO'd by Fish! 29 mon
Diablo Canyon nuclear plant in California knocked offline by jellyfish-like creature called salp
Diablo Canyon Power Plant / AP
This photo provided by the Diablo Canyon Power Plant on Friday shows salp, a gelatinous sea creature, at a nuclear reactor intake structure.
By James Eng, msnbc.com
In Japan, it was a monstrous earthquake and tsunami that brought down the Fukushima nuclear plant. In California, it’s a tiny ... read more
- Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant in California shut down because of jelly fish invasion! This makes me happy. Thank you, Mother Nature!
- Previous Page, Page 39