Oh my gosh mickeysweet I love you haha, seriously, listen to this guy everyone, everything he said is true! I've suffered from severe OCD, anxiety of all sorts for many years (as well as depression for about 3 years because of OCD) and after a lot of therapy I've been completely OCD free now for half a year! Honestly the thing that made the biggest different is DIET and EXERCISE, after a lot of experimentation here's all the thing's I've found out about what works and what doesn't:
- STAY AWAY from alcohol, caffeine and smoking or any kind of drugs
- DAIRY can cause and aggravate depression, irritability and anxiety. Effects for me last about 48 hours
- GLUTEN can cause and aggravate depression, irritability, and anxiety, personally wheat makes me very on edge and irritable, almost bipolar! I snap at everything and very easily if I eat wheat. Effects for me last about 24 hours
- STAY AWAY from supplements unless they're absolutely necessary for you, as in you're going to die or become ill if you do not take them. Supplements are NOT natural! Food in nature is perfectly balanced, it is not made to be broken down on a molecular level then extract single, specific, nutrients and consume them in high doses. Your body will not know what to do with it and can cause damage to your health and body. I think it's obvious why! Personally I used to take whey, VERY VERY bad. Not only did it kill my digestive track in the long term, it causes extreme mood swings and irritability and aggravated depression! I've also taken Omega 3 supplements in the past, I believe it was Wild Salmon, and it seemed fine at first though it ended up causing me A LOT of anxiety and panic attacks, and an overall huge lack of control emotionally. It also made me lightheaded.
- STAY AWAY from refined sugars and white flour!
- Legumes are fine every once in a while such as beans and cashews, though peanuts for me causes mood swings and irritability. The only legume that doesn't seem to cause me any problems at all are red kidney beans haha!
So to sum it all up, just stick to food that naturally grows on this planet or live on this planet, and if your budget can allow it, stick to organic.
Peace and love.
Add To Favorites!