The things that helped clear up my skin the most were:
1) oil pulling (visit the forum and read through the "R" posts
2) taking Iodine internally, which helps regulate/normalize thyroid/hormones, clean out the body
and 3) using iodine on the skin directly. Skin holds 20% of body's iodine stores, of which most people are remarkably depleted.
1) buy a bottle of organic unrefined sesame oil (Spectrum makes one). Visit the OP forum and
to learn how to do it. Do it. It's a great thing to do and will help not only your skin, but clears up sinuses, improves dental health, brightens teeth and eyes, and increases well-being. Easy to do for 20 minutes while you check e-mail, etc.
and get one ounce of 5% Lugol's solution (about $20, will last a long time). While it is being shipped, visit the VWT team's iodine supplementation forum and acquaint yourself with iodine deficiency, why we need iodine (especially women -- any cystic disorder i.e. breast, uterine will respond well to iodine supplementation.
3) I usually clean my face with a mixture of iodine and sesame oil, or iodine and sesame/coconut. Sesame is antibacterial (= no more topical antibacterials necessary). Oil cleans oil better than soap -- it may seem counterintuitive, but you will have a cleaner face if you don't use soap.
4) figure out a supplementation routine for iodine.
5) I apply iodine topically if and when I get a breakout these days, which is never that severe anyway. It's also great to use if you go out in the sun (iodine and sesame oil) as sesame has a SPF of 4 or so, and iodine protects the skin from harmful rays.
6) One of the doctors that treats with iodine said, "Iodine repairs skin from the inside out" -- it's good to use on any scars, skin tags, moles, etc.
7) The other things to get are Vitamin C and selenium and salt, to help your body get rid of the toxins it has stored. Iodine will get them out of hiding, the selenium, C, and salt will help escort them out of your body.
8) Skin problems indicate the need for internal cleansing. Think about some liver flushing. (You can also do coffee enemas, but some people are not OK with that. I was more OK with that than with worrying about my skin.
9) I think it took about 3-6 months for my skin to really clear up, although I think it would have been faster had I been more assiduous about it all. I have twin pre-schoolers and life can get a little hectic here. But I know these things are what finally helped me break the make-up barrier, so to speak -- and it is really nice after years of wearing it, to not need it any more!
Best of luck and come visit at OP. It is a remarkable therapy, and so is iodine.
Add To Favorites!