There was no link to where this came from originally, but I found this:
>>Toxicity is one of the two causes of disease. Vitamin C works to neutralize the effects of toxins. Toxins harm us by producing free radicals that damage DNA and body tissues and also by depleting vitamin C. By depleting vitamin C, the patient dies of vitamin C deficiency. Vitamin C interacts with toxins to render them harmless and also helps repair damage done by toxins. Vitamin C is the treatment of choice for virtually any toxic problem, be it snakebite, spider bite, carbon monoxide poisoning, pesticide exposure, or heavy metal poisoning.
Vitamin C may be the most important molecule we can put into our bodies to get well, stay well, and maintain optimal health. Regardless of diagnosis, vitamin C is so basic to human biochemistry that obtaining adequate amounts of vitamin C should be the foundation of any wellness strategy. The challenge is to make sure you are getting enough. Always take vitamin C on a daily basis, and always be sure to take enough. Dr. Levy recommends a minimum of 6000 mg of vitamin C per day. (How much are you taking?) Most adults will need more than 6000, perhaps 10,000 or 12,000. Anyone with a health problem would be wise to take an amount called "bowel tolerance." To determine bowel tolerance, take vitamin C in divided doses throughout the day until excessive gas or loose stools are encountered. Reducing the dose to where this does not happen is bowel tolerance. In some people that might be 10,000 mg. In an acutely ill person, it might go as high as 100,000 mg or more.
In acute situations involving serious infections or toxic exposures, it may not be possible to obtain sufficient vitamin C orally. In these cases, intravenous vitamin C is necessary. Problems such as AIDS, cancer, carbon monoxide poisoning, hepatitis, mushroom poisoning, polio, SARS, Lyme disease, or West Nile disease all require large doses of both oral and intravenous vitamin C. Intravenous doses as high as 50,000 to 100,000 mg per day may be necessary to address these problems.
When taking large amounts of anything it is essential to make sure that what you are taking is very pure. Unfortunately, this means you cannot go out and just purchase vitamin C off the shelf at the health food store. Most vitamin C is made from corn. Corn is a major allergen, and for those who are allergic to corn, corn-based vitamin C may stress the immune system. In addition, most vitamin C products are not manufactured and handled with sufficient care; they often contain too much oxidized vitamin C, which can be harmful. Products such as Ester C contain as much as 10 percent oxidized vitamin C—not a good choice. I take and recommend Perque C because it is the purest I have found. To reverse disease and to achieve optimal health, optimal amounts of vitamin C are essential>>
A couple of things to also think about with the salt/C protocal though- is how is it affecting something else??
Large amounts of ascorbic acid will chelate Lead..but will also stir up copper.
The other thing I've thought about, is the electrolyte balance, which is from the adrenals. If large amounts of sodium are being taken--what does that do to the potassium?
Yes, I have had success killing stuff with the high ascorbic acid/sea salt--but from what I've read on the Lyme strategies group archives (which is the salt/c protocal), it's meant to be done for a long period of time- and that makes me wonder what other imbalances it causes when focusing on the "kill", without taking the other things into consideration.
Add To Favorites!