Hi Kakie -
I took several rounds of antibiotics for sinus problems last year. HUGE mistake. Docs left me with a SEVERE candida infection.. and I mean SEVERE. I could not even drink a sip of lemon water without feeling die-off. I had a high metal load at the time, so every time I killed off candida, metal (I believe) would get released into my body, as I felt numbness in my extremities and all over when this happened. I think it was more than just candida die-off. At this time, I had to adhere to a strict anti-candida diet or I would feel really ill.
Unknown to me, my immune system was very depressed due to many factors, and I was showering in a mold-filled showerhead at this time and DIDN'T KNOW IT. This mold infected the pores of my skin from head to toe. I didn't know it until I started cleansing for the yeast, had 2 colonics, and finally started to see black specks purging out of my skin.
I was a walking mold and yeast factory, and made people itch when they were around me. I also started attracted bugs, like collembola/springtails, gnats and their larvae. pretty disgusting! I had crawling, stinging, rashes, biting, etc. I was pretty miserable. I also felt like crap!
I hung out on the morgellons forums and picked up a lot of treatment info. I used lots of topicals for my skin - ESP botanicals soap, ESP balm, DSP cream, my own oil mixtures, DE, etc. I also took lots of baths with Epsom Salts , baking soda, vinegar, salt, ESP bath soak, etc. I used selsun blue mixed with salt in the shower at times.
The best body treatment I used though was a barley treatment. Barley apparently contains chitinase, which breaks down chitin, what many fungi are made of. I did many, many, many of these treatements, and they really helped. My skin became a normal color again and the stinging stopped and most of the bugs left.
What helped me the most was correcting my terrain. I found an ND, and then soon after, a holistic MD. We found many issues with me. Key for me was Vitamin B12 - I was severely deficient, and likely was a big contributor to my immune system depression. When I took B12 injections, I herxed for 2 months. I take lots of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, probiotics, vitamin C, etc etc....I detoxed out metals as well.
So, I am must better today. I was fortunate that my house didn't have a mold problem.. it was isolated to my shower.. But because I was generating mold spores off my skin and into the environment, and I had a very high candida load, I would get really sick just doing basic cleaning in my house (as it stirred up the spores)... I bought an Ozone generator (the one you use to shock the environment) and it helped tremendously.
Today, I still have some mold in the sinuses.. I use a nettipot and a xylitol spray. I also still have a little mold in the skin left.. but its SOOOOO much better.
My mold turned out to be cladosporium, so definitely not a very toxic mold. So, I was very fortunate.
My biggest issue right now is Leaky Gut and food intolerances.
That's my story! :)
Add To Favorites!