|CureZone.com Educating Instead of Medicating|
|Home > Forums||12359 visitors online now||Add To Favorites||Log On Join/Sign Up User Finder||Inbox||New|
Hypothyroid & Wilsonís Disease
A friend just called me about her 12 year old daughter's test results. The child has been diagnosed with subclinical hypothyroidism (although if my friend hadn't insisted that the Dr. check Free T4, the diagnosis wouldn't be subclinical). She definitely has something autoimmune going on. Can anyone shed some light on these test results?
TSH 8.883 (top of range is around 5)
Free T4 0.9 (.61-1.76)
Thyroxin 3.8 (4.5-12.0)
Thyroid Peroxidase Antibody 1,790 (0-34) high
Rheumatoid Factor 34.6 (0-13.9) high
Serum Phosphorous 5.7 (2.5-4.5) high
Alkaline Phosphatase 344 (25-165) high
The Dr. has suggested a pediatric endo and a pediatric rheumotologist but my friend is just beside herself and wants to make sure that these two will work together to figure out what is wrong.
Reply FCK TinyMCE
the body is producing more tsh because the end product from the thyroid is not working. this is called wilsons thyroid syndrome.
the naturepaths have a treatment for it, administering t-3 until the body "catches" and begins to work on its own. the treatment is withdrawn and the body allowed to seek its own level. sometimes it will take up to three or more times of this but then the effect is permanent(or so they say) and a cure is to be had.
i was qualified for the treatment at the alaska alternative clinic in anchorage with sandra denton. by the time i was scheduled for my first treatment, i already had my temp up to the level that i didnt qualify any more, so i never got them.
what did i do? everything i could to increase thyroid function. but unlike the medical doctors and their treatments of lifelong drug regimens, i sought the cause. i was able to pinpoint the culprits by focusing first on the triggers for the problem(at first i thought they WERE the problem) and then for the underlying cause of ill health.
really, you dont need a blood test to determine this. all you need is a thermometer. the hallmark of wilsons thyroid syndrome is body temp.
dont let anyone fool you, the body is supposed to be 98.6 degrees, not less. it could stand to be more. when mr. farhenheit made his scale of degrees of temperature, he set the scale for 100 degrees to be normal body temperature. that was at the beginning or just before the industrial revolution. this is one of the many reasons MH and myself believe that all tests are bad becasue there are no normal humans to use as controls. our environment has altered our body function. the air we breath has become so polluted, no one is exempt. a permanent haze now floats above us where none existed before, except for rare occasiona of volcanos going off. we have that now and its man-made, some of it on purpose!
at any rate, the body's internal temp should be at least 98.6. heres an allopathic website that gives basic temp info, including how to take the temperature in different ways. notice they pay no mind whatever to low temp and suggest treating high temp to bring it down. as with all allopathic medicine(ok, not 100%, but darn close), they have it bass ackwards.
much attention should be paid to low temp. the high temperatures are part of the normal immune function and should be assisted with a hot bath or tons of covers in a warm room so the spike in temp is suffecient to neutralize the infecting virus. bacterial infections not so much, but they usually cause a low grade temp in order to increase circulation and hopefully reaching the infection site for the bloods part in the immune response. temp rises with the severity of the infection, so you treat the temp by treating the infection. nature is beautiful that way.
here is the subjective temp scale from the cold body page:
A Subjective Temperature Scale
* Protein denaturation and other damage. Approx 105+ degrees. (40.5 C)
* Feverish stupor 103+ (39.4 C) temperature range.
* Feverish mental decline begins, probable 99.0, (37.2C) clinical fever.
* Feverish activity. Mania.
* Some enzymes "too loose" for efficient reaction kinetics.
* Breadth of activity! Too many things, too many ideas at once.
* High End of Normal Range
* Activity, Involvement, Community, Buoyant Optimism and Energy!
* Activity for the sake of enjoyment. Optimism. Probable 98.6 (varies with subject.)
* Activity for the sake of activity.
* Minor allergies may begin to show themselves
* Thought wins over emotion and activity. Diplomacy.
* Depth of thought, Lucidity, Eloquence! (vs action.)
* Willingness to think deeply, at length. Insight, a growing trace of genius.
* Low End of Normal Range, approx 98.2 F (36.77 C)
* Some enzymes become "too tight" for efficient reaction kinetics; mild allergies and chemical sensitivities begin to be noticed on occasion.
* Probable 98.0, (36.66 C,) varies considerably with subject.
* Allergies, especially chemical allergies, slowly grow more pronounced.
* Feeling that "engaging" in thought or activity changes/lifts the body
* Eloquence in expression begins to decline, mental horizons favor depth, not breadth.
* Vulcan logic begins a slow walk to center stage. Subhedonia.
* Initiation of new activities begins to drop sharply.
* Slightly glazed to the outside world.
* Things begin to accumulate in corners and small piles.
* Immune system slows and falters. Allergies and colds more common.
* Persistence, dogged tenaciousness in pursuit of a purpose, a train of thought. (Oft mistaken for Genius.)
* Vulcan logic begins a slow, and increasingly faltering meander away from center stage.
* The sink sporadically fills, clean utensils become scarce despite the dishwasher.
* Mental horizons begin to shrink. (Oft mistaken for Expert.)
* Anhedonia, the interest in pleasure begins to evaporate.
* Chemical Sensitivities become increasingly serious problems as enzymatic pathways slow and clog.
* Procrastination of deeper thought for better times of day.
* Cycles reveal themselves. Several naps, the daily norm.
* Mental agility soon reveals it's slow and gradual decline to others.
* The desk, the workbench, the coffee table all begin to congeal as piles grow.
* Tenaciousness of opinion begins to win out over thought or logic.
* Anti-hedonia, avoidance of pleasure, and sometimes excitement.
* Stepping over things. The mess becomes "Convenience at hand".
* Change becomes the mind's enemy; yet past genius oft remains potent ammunition in argument.
* Drifting quietly, irrationally clinging to old ways, old memories, old angers.
* Argument and anger for the sake of adrenaline. bindging on sweets for energy.
* Grasping for control of life.
* "The Engine Sputters".
* Temperature spikes and falls with excitement, anger.
* On/Off behavior patterns, black and white views of the world.
* Possible 96.0 - 95.0 (35.5 - 35.0 C) temperature range; varies with time, nutrition, sleep.
* Urgent Medical Condition: HYPOTHERMIA
* Erratic behaviors come to the fore. Collisions with walls. Defensive postures, stark views of the world.
* Depression and foreboding gain hold. Hopelessness. Adrift.
* Passive acceptance, stark apathy.
* Medical Emergency 92 F, 33.3 C
* Possible risk of death during further nocturnal temperature drops.
* Heart problems, Severe confusion, Amnesia, Stupor
* Death: "heart failure", "natural causes", "unknown causes".
the lowest temp i ever recorded was 95.9, taken internally. i cant tell you how miserable i was. this temp would come and go, but i then ended up staying just above hypothermic for several years. i was always in a panic, always felt at the end of my rope, and, at one point, i felt for all the world that i could exhale and expire just in one fell swoop, one everlasting moment of surrender. i was that beaten down. this was after i spent months in bed in a fetal position and weeping constantly.
well, i could go on and on about the particulars of this story, but i want to give you the straight stuff. hopefully i have set some credibility before me on this.
fluoride. any sane person will investigate fluoride thoroughly. it is everywhere and in every thing and causes brown brittle teeth and osteoporosis and hypothyroidism.
the way it causes HT is that fluoride is analogous to iodine. it is a halide along with chlorine. chlorine is bad enough, but it is metabolized by the body and does not last too long. but fluoride gets absorbed into the thyroid and stored as it would iodine. it is then utilized in making the hormones which govern metabolism. by the time these hormones, made with fluoride instead of iodine, reach the cells, they do not have the ability to do their job. the blood tests sow plenty of hormones and the doctors say, "nothing wrong with your thyroid" because, heck, what do you know about what is going on with your body? your body temp is low, but hey, thats normal too. see ya!
what i did to get rid of the fluoride is basically remove all sources of fluoride and ingest iodine. i experimented with all kinds of iodine, but the best is getting it from plants. kelp is what most people use. there is also Edgar Cayce s atomodine, but one must be careful - too much Iodine at once will shut the thyroid down. and if you think youre cold when the thyroid is on line, imagine having it knocked off line completely. yep, i done that, too. dont do it! to get away from all fluoride i drank only distilled water, ate only certified organic food, threw out all the teflon cookware, and avoided all the other products out there that contain fluoride or fluoridated compounds. you wouldnt believe how many there are, including many prescription drugs.
second phase was mercury. i diednt get much better until i found the curezone, did some liver flushes, corrected my diet more, and got all the mercury fillings out of my mouth. the latter made all the difference in the world. i have been healing up nicely since i got them all out.
the other thing that goes hand in hand with all of this is candida. i had it and in my condition, i dont know how it could have been avoided without foreknowledge. among other things, it makes your temp go down and your gut swell up.
see if there is low temp in this kid. if there is, thats all you need to know to proceed.
Reply FCK TinyMCE
Thanks for your response!
In doing research, we have figured out that her bloodwork is indicative of celiac disease. She will be getting tested for that and, if positive, will go on a gluten free diet. According to the research, after 3 - 6 months on the diet, her antibodies should decrease and her thyroid function should return to normal.
It was the fact that her rheumetoid factor was elevated along with the antibodies and her thyroid function decreased that pointed directly to celiac disease.
Reply FCK TinyMCE
Taking virgin coconut oil increases temperature as well. Bruce Fife's book Eat fat...? explains how this works. People have been cured of wilsons in a few weeks or months.
Reply FCK TinyMCE Notifications
I've been reading an old post of yours. I've just started on the kelp and joined a Iodine forum. I seem to be travelling down the same path as you did. My temperature is a bit better and more stable since taking the virgin coconut oil. I was interested in the bit about candidia. My stomach swells up a lot. I've been taking a probiotic but it still does that. How do you know for sure if you have candidia. I hadn't suspected that at all until i read your post. I've cut out most sugars anyway. I also have a mouthful of Amalgam fillings i want to get removed but unfortunately can't afford to do that just yet. Coconut oil is supposed to help kill off candidia as well. I also looked into liver flushing etc and they don't recommend that until fillings have been removed. If the oil works i'll let everyone know. I only bought a new teflon saucepan yesterday would you believe. I did not associate that with flouride. I've already changed toothpaste to healthfood shop one with no flouride.
Anyway any other advice for wilson's, which i think i've got, would be gratefully received.
Reply FCK TinyMCE Notifications
I've got fluoride in my tap water. I don't drink it but I have to shower in it. I've got a filer on my shower to filer out the Chlorine but I can't find a filter for the fluoride. So what can I do about taking a shower in the water?
Also, did you do anything to remove the mercury after you had your silver filling removed?
Did you take any hormones until you got better?
Reply FCK TinyMCE
Hi. It is great that you are so pro-active in getting the proper diagnosis for your 12 year old. Please ignore the previous comment by the person who blindly diagnosed Wilson's. your message gave NO reason to state that diagnosis. I also want to point out that your child may or may not have something autoimmune going on. But having said that, it is good that you are on the lookout for that (which would be apparant by the rhuematoid factor, which may change over time--it can get lower, OR higher.
Based on the information you gave your child is definitely hypo. As you begin pursuing treaatment options, which include synthroid or Armour, begin monitoring your child's temperature. If your child continuously has a low temperature (in my experience 98.2 - 99 is pretty normal), especially in the morning and three hours after waking, only then would I consider Wilson's. If it is Wilson's then T3 protocol should be administered. In my opinion you should pursue this first because you can treat Wilson's--it is not permanent.
In addition, definitely take your child to a rheumatologist for allergy tests. Look for wheat, dairy and corn allergies. I say to take the time and energy in finding a rheumatologist because then your child will have an established relationship with him or her and that MD will keep an eye on that rheumatoid factor for you.
As I wait for results of allergies and while tracking body temperature--start to eliminate wheat and dairy as a precaution. Not completely--but drastically. Remember that meat and green are your friends and bread is not your friend! For some reason Wilson's and hypothyroid patients respond to this diet and it is a lifelong wellness diet.
I am 38 and have been hypo for over ten years. In this time I have taken both synthroid and Armour, and honestly, I really don't psych myself out about "natural" things, therefore skewing my honest opinion of these drugs. In my opinion they are both very good, neither give ill effects. I also have a rheumatoid autoimmune disorder in my back and I take a pill for it--it has changed my life. So I don't knock drugs! Believe me---I've don it all: veganism, no nightshades (for inflammation), liver flush, had my mercury fillings out....Sometimes it really is all in your head. Sometimes. If you are comfortable with trying something then it will feel right no matter what. But don't discount what your MD can offer. I have found that if I am persistent my MD will work with me. The numbers DO mean something.
Clearly, with TSH above 8 your child is hypo. If you bring that down with synthroid and your child still has symptoms and a low temperature THEN you will ahve a better idea if it is Wilson's. A person with Wilson's will have normal range TSH and still have symptoms and consistent, very low temperatures. That is when you add the T3, or witch to Armour, whcih contains T3.
When a person responds with the all-or-nothing approach with a hint of "ooga-booga" I question that person's intelligence. Your last respondant seemd out ther in left field. Full of good intentions, undoubtedly, but not coming entirely from a place of logic. You gave no information that would logically lead to a diagnosis of Wilson's. People love to project their own issues onto other people. Just be careful and use your best judgement.
I wish you the best in getting your child help. Good luck.
Reply FCK TinyMCE
Donate to CureZone
Guest Book - Liver Flush FAQ - News - Link Exchange - Add URL - How To Exchange Links? - About Global Directory
Staff's pages: Owen - Wrenn - Maya
CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com
Contact Us - About - Donors - Stats
Copyright 1996 - 2012 curezone.com
fetched in 0.47 sec at 6/18/2013 11:21:34 PM, requested by 220.127.116.11, referred by http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=17708 , requested 1 pages in this session, y=1