I actually went to a plastic surgeon in desperation a few years back. I just sat with them for a few minutes discussing my condition and they told me straight out that they didn’t think there was any point in doing any surgery on them. And I would definitely agree with that now all these years later. I think it would be a waste of time.
I’ve been doing a lot of research in recent times on the immune system (see different post on "immune system theory..." below in forum), and it sounds like your particular condition is inflammation related. Your immune system is potentially overreacting and releasing pro-inflammatory immune chemicals on the lips of the skin. These chemicals can cause stinging/burning sensations and redness. The immune system overreaction could be caused by a number of factors, potentially a toxic overload in the body, caused by an interior health problem. In other words it’s related to some internal problem.
If this is the case, then you have got to find out what the immune system is overreacting to/what it has become highly sensitive to. I mention in the “immune system theory…” post elsewhere on the forum that it’s potentially the chemicals in products such as toothpaste, soap, mouthwash, makeup, deodorant, etc. It may even be a certain food.
Here’s what I recommended in the other post. I’ll mention it again here, as the last thing you want to do is spend a lot of money on plastic surgery only for the condition to arise again after the procedure.
For a period of weeks (6-8), try this, i've had amazing results with my lip condition, after only less than a couple of months (if it works for you then obviously continue it, along with more intensive detox):
Firstly, stop using all products containing chemicals, such as toothpaste, makeup, mouthwash, soap, sprays, etc. This may be hard, especially for females, but try it for a few weeks and see. Buy bicarbonate of soda in the supermarket, (i.e. baking soda/bread soda (containing 100% bicarbonate of soda), along with fine 100% Sea Salt
(already ground). Mix some of the salt into the bicarbonate of soda and dip your toothbrush into this and use instead of toothpaste each day ( the taste takes a bit of getting used to). If you absolutely have to use some hair product or whatever, then go to a health store and buy one that’s 100% natural and organic (or as close as), making sure there are no chemicals such as Sodium Lauryl Sulphate in it. And use as little as possible. (Obviously if you are being exposed to chemicals in other ways, through a job or whatever, then you should look into getting away from these chemicals also)
As well as eliminating potential chemical exposure from products, also try these things below for the few weeks to help remove toxins from the skin on you lips and your overall system:
1) Oil chewing/oil pulling: Buy Organic virgin Sunflower Oil/ or Organic virgin Vegetable Oil( Make sure it’s cold pressed/first cold pressing) in a health food store. Each morning before breakfast put two tablespoons of this into your mouth and swish it, chew on it, gargle it, swash it around the mouth. Then after the 15 mins spit it out into the sink and wash your mouth thoroughly. This may seem silly, but it is a method of removing toxins from the mouth, gums and skin. Certain oils are known to be good at drawing toxins in.
2) Buy products that can help remove toxins from your system. I use Chlorella( a green algae) tablets and Resveratrol (an antioxidant) capsules. Also evening primrose oil capsules.
3) Buy a good multivitamin (I use Immunace)
4) Get plenty of sunshine, exercise, water, healthy food, and reduce/cut-out crap food, caffeine-containing products, alcohol, etc.
5) In your case, and for those whose skin condition may be more pain-related, with redness, stinging, etc, it is worth going to an alternative healthcare practitioner that specializes in food intolerance/allergy testing to see if your lips are reacting to some food allergen/other allergen.
Now you might be thinking that it can’t be the cleaning/healthcare products or whatever, that other people use them no problem, but their immune systems may not be compromised and their overall toxic burden in the body may not be at the levels of some people with certain conditions. And obviously many people, especially women have strong attachments to using certain products and makeup, but like I said in the other post, if you want it badly enough you’ll give it a try for a few weeks and stop using them ALL.
I hope this helps you. If it does, then like I mention in the other post, start looking into ways of detoxing chemicals/poisons from your body in the long term (detoxification), and your immune system may no longer overreact.
Add To Favorites!