“Raw foods or cooked foods, which are healthier for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?”
Around the world there is a new movement in nutrition which encourages people to eat a diet of exclusively raw foods avoiding any cooked food. This movement claims that raw foods are mankind’s natural diet and that a diet of all raw foods cures every disease imaginable. This movement also claims that cooked food is poison for health. This is a total MYTH.
Dangers of eating only a raw food diet
1.Eating only a raw food diet is a form a food fanaticism. To obsess about eating only raw food at any cost is not only socially non-practical but also creates a neurotic mind state that fixates on food.
2. According to traditional healing systems like Ayurveda, raw foods are considered as cold in nature and harder to digest then cooked foods. This is very dangerous for people with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, because people with CFS have a much weakened digestive system which needs nourishing, easily digestible, warming foods. Eating raw foods will simply slow down an already weakened digestion further, staving the body from absorbing the nutrients from the foods. But Ayurveda claims that fresh raw fruits are excellent to take raw and can be easily digested.
3. According to Ayurvedic Medicine when foods are not digested fully within the body they turn into toxins. This toxic residue creates countless diseases and is involved in blocking the channels within the body leading to chronic exhaustion. A diet of freshly cooked food is pre-digested by the fire of the cooking stove. This saves your body from expending energy to digest cold, hard foods like raw vegetables.
4. Raw foods are mostly tasteless with the exception of fresh fruits (which is one raw food we should eat). Where as cooked foods provide delicious taste and flavour. Human beings thrive on delicious, tasty healthy nutrition. To eat bland tasteless food causes unhappiness within the mind and body.
5. The longest living cultures on earth like the hunzakuts that live up to the age of 100-145 disease free, in prime health eat a diet of freshly cooked, natural, organic, whole foods with raw fruits. They also eat small amounts of very well cooked white organic meats. The hunzas live disease free. Cancer, heart disease, heart attacks, high or low blood pressure and childhood diseases are virtually unknown to the hunzas. The hunzas are a real life human example of what diet works, where as the raw food movement is based on theoretical ideologies, it is not time tested.
6. Raw foodists claim that within all nature man is the only creature to eat his food cooked. But god also gave man control of the element of fire. Fire is the gift from god for mankind to be used to digest and cook our food as well as endless other activities in life.
Clearly an all raw food diet isn’t mankind’s natural diet. Short term use of a all raw food diet will not have a negative effect on most healthy people but long term an all raw food diet will weaken digestion, cause emaciation, bloating, coldness, weakness and create chronic fatigue.
People with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome should avoid at all cost an all raw food diet as it’s detrimental to their health.
What’s the best diet for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
During my healing journey through Chronic Fatigue Syndrome I experimented with many diet systems these included raw food diets, vegan diets, lacto- vegetarian diets, meat eating diets, macrobiotics and others.
Through such experimentation I finally found the most perfect system that explained diet in completeness. This was found in the time tested, 5000 year old healing Science known as Ayurvedic Medicine.
My healing diet derived from ayurvedic medicine had many vitally import elements that contributed to my healing. Firstly the diet was very digestible. Because my digestion was so weakened it was vital I ate foods I could absorb.
Secondly it consisted of specific fruits, grains, proteins, vegetables, spices/herbs, fats/oils and raw sugars. These specific foods corrected the root cause of my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which was an imbalance within my body elements known as a vata imbalance in Ayurvedic Medicine.
This diet also increased my vitality and immunity. It consisted of foods that build immunity termed as ojas in Ayurvedic Medicine. This was important to nourish my cerebrospinal fluid and rejuvenate my nervous system and brain.
My diet was also very energy efficient because meals were simple and quick to prepare. Another important feature of this healing diet was that it had variety and was tasty so I could stick to it long term.
hi I just wanted to respond to your message because I was a little upset about it. First of all I learned about the success of the raw food diet through my friend which I saw first hand heal herself with a raw food diet and exercise. She no longer has CFS and severe asthma so I do not know where you are getting your facts from
Thanks for this post, Jeremy. I was been diagnosed with MCS/CFIDS many years ago. I tried a raw foods vegan diet for one week and had chronic diarrhea. My Spirit Guides actually laughed when I asked them if I had to be a raw foods vegan--they said for me, I had to eat foods that were cooked as my body viewed warm foods as "love" and would more readily digest it, whereas cold, raw foods just went "right through" me. They also told me it was ok to eat meat. The thing they emphasized was to bless my food before I ate it, as this would make it more energetically compatible with my body. My concern would be that a "one size fits all" approach doesn't work for people with chronic illness of any kind--each person needs to explore what works best for their individual body--whether it's diet or other healing modalities. Some folks with CFIDS may do well with raw vegan, others not. Each individual has the responsibility to explore all options, like you did for yourself.