CureZone
Old Format -> CureZone.INFO
Autism & Mold
Forum: Ask Microbe Detectives

• Autism & Mold   rabbitears   7y
    This is my avatar. Click here to see my profile.
    rabbitears
    Autism & Mold
    PM     email
    Date: 9/28/2007 4:18:42 PM   ( 7y ago )
    Hits:   6101   Size: 4427 char.   Already alerted!   Already alerted!

http://www.neighborhoodsforqualityhomes.org/haynes_mold.html

This is where the Autism/mold connection occurs. I’m not a doctor, and I can’t explain this as well as the experts. This is the article that helped me understand (note the reference to mold!): THE ARTICLE The Candida Yeast-Autism Connection by Stephen M. Edelson, Ph.D., Center for the Study of Autism, Salem, Oregon. There is a great deal of evidence that a form of yeast, candida (rhymes with "Canada") albicans, may cause autism and may exacerbate many behavior and health problems in autistic individuals, especially those with late-onset autism. Scenario. Candida albicans belongs to the yeast family and is a single-cell fungus. This form of yeast is located in various parts of the body including the digestive tract. Generally speaking, benign microbes limit the amount of yeast in the intestinal tract, and thus, keep the yeast under control. However, exposure to antibiotics, especially repeated exposure, can destroy these microbes. This can result in an overgrowth of candida albicans. When the yeast multiplies, it releases toxins in the body; and these toxins are known to impair the central nervous system and the immune system. Some of the behavior problems which have been linked to an overgrowth of candida albicans include: confusion, hyperactivity, short attention span, lethargy, irritability, and aggression. Health problems can include: headaches, stomachaches, constipation, gas pains, fatigue, and depression. These problems are often worse during damp and/or muggy days and in moldy places. Additionally, exposure to perfumes and insecticides can worsen the condition.

Dr. William Shaw has been conducting important research on yeast and its effects on autistic individuals. He recently discovered unusual microbial metabolites in the urine of autistic children who responded remarkably well to anti-fungal treatments. Dr. Shaw and his colleagues observed a decrease in urinary organic acids as well as decreases in hyperactivity and self-stimulatory, stereotyped behavior; and increases in eye contact, vocalization, and concentration. There are many safe methods to treat yeast overgrowth, such as taking nutritional supplements which replenish the intestinal tract with 'good' microbes (e.g., acidophilus) and/or taking anti-fungal medications (e.g., Nystatin, Ketoconosal, Diflucan).

It is also recommended that the person be placed on a special diet, low in sugar and other foods on which yeasts thrive. Interestingly, if the candida albicans is causing health and behavior problems, a person will often become quite ill for a few days after receiving a treatment to kill the excess yeast. The yeast is destroyed and the debris is circulated through the body until it is excreted. Thus, a person who displays negative behaviors soon after receiving treatment for candida albicans (the Herxheimer reaction) is likely to have a good prognosis. Please note: treatment for candida albicans infrequently results in a cure for autism. However, if the person is suffering from this problem, his/her health and behavior should improve following the therapy.

CLOSER TO HOME My knowledge of mold gained from Drs. Gray and Marinkovich told me that mold attacked the gut the same way that antibiotics do (note that one of the major molds we were exposed to was “Penicillium”... sound familiar?). So I searched the DAN website to find individuals who understood and acknowledged this brain/gut connection and found the name of Dr. Jennifer Reid, ND. At the same time, I was contacting Autism support groups and was again given her name by the father of a boy with Asperger’s. Dr. Reid changed our lives. My oldest went from one hour a day at school to seven hours a day within weeks.

WHAT’S NEXT I’m still learning all the time. What angers me is that people all over the world are suffering from mold exposure and being misdiagnosed... it looks like Autism, it looks like MS, it’s all in your head, or if a doctor can’t figure out what it is, he might call it “irritable bowel syndrome.” I just love those blanket diagnoses that require some perscription to hide the symptom of a much bigger problem. I think it’s significant that neurological diagnoses of MS and Autism are growing exponentially in the northwest.
    Your reply:
    Reply   CK  FCK  MCE
    Printer-friendly version of this page
    Email this message to a friend
    Bookmark this page/Add to Favorites or press Ctrl+D
    Alert Webmaster & Moderators
    Already alerted!  Already alerted!
    How do you feel about this message?     Like     Dislike       Hide this question

Attributes associated with this message:

You can PM     email

Find & Order All Messages Posted by rabbitears
    by
    DISCLAIMER
    Medianet Ads

Medianet Ads

Selected Ads from CureZone Sponsors: Become a Sponsor

VIP

14 Liver Cleansing Foods
I would encourage you to incorporate these liver cleanse foods into ...
Water Crisis
Don’t drink another glass of water until you read this.
Reverse Type 2 Diabetes
Learn The Real Cause Type 2 Diabetes…And How To Turn It On Its Head I...
When moving hurts...
ArthroWell restores mobility - fast and all natural !

PLAT

Discount Colon Cleanse
I Got The Best Colon Cleanse, Shipped To My House For Free! Hurry Befo...
Bowel Cleanse Kit
Turmeric Capsules
Free Clark DVD!
A rare interview with Dr. Hulda Clark on DVD for FREE. Patients give their te...
Natural Cancer Remedies

GOLD

Alkaline Water Benefits?
Can you get health benefits from drinking alkaline ionized water? Wh...
Utopia Silver Supplements
Enhance Nutrient Absorption with Digestive Enzymes- Bromelain, Enzy...
Destroy Parasites Quickly
Learn How to Destroy Parasites And Be Free of Your Unbearable Sympt...

GOLD

Alkaline Ionized Water
Are there health benefits? What are people reporting?

SILVER

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.
Zeoco Detox Support
Zeolites for absorbing toxins as part of candida cleanse
The Tesla Shield™
Transformational Technology For Mind Body And Soul.
Tbyil Supplement Catalog
The Best Years in Life’s hand picked top quality natural health comp...

Back To Top How many people click on the sponsord links? Become a Sponsor

Donate to CureZone

Share:  Facebook  MySpace  Digg  Reddit  StumbleUpon  Furl this page  Delicious  BlinkList  dzone  Simpy.com  Fark.com  BlogMarks  Wists.com  Google

Translate This Page:

French    German    Spain    Italian    Dutch    Russian    Portuguese    Japanese    Korean    Arabic    Chinese Simplified

Guest Book - Liver Flush FAQ - News - Link Exchange - Add URL - How To Exchange Links? - About Global Directory

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules - Forum Trolls - Fair use notice

Homepages:  Owen - Wrenn - Maya

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Sponsors - Stats

Copyright 2014  curezone.com

fetched in 0.37 sec at 10/22/2014 11:45:47 PM, requested by 54.166.108.167, referred by http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1009440 , requested 1 pages during this session, y=2