|CureZone.com Educating Instead of Medicating|
|Home > Forums||15536 visitors online now||Add To Favorites||Log On Join/Sign Up User Finder||Inbox||New|
TYPES OF RAW FOOD DIETS: A BRIEF SURVEY
PM #70083 email #70083
Date: 12/17/2007 12:38:59 PM ( 6 year ago )
Hits: 4236 Size: 3706 char.
by Tom Billings
There are many types of raw food diets. A list, with descriptions, follows.
* Sproutarian - one whose diet is predominantly sprouts. Those eating only sprouts are extremely rare; most sproutarians have a varied raw food diet.
* Living Fooder - version of sproutarianism. The Ann Wigmore-style living fooder has a vegan diet centered on sprouts, raw fermented foods, and raw blended foods. Hippocrates Institute (Brian Clement) and Gabriel Cousens teach similar, yet slightly different, versions of living foods diets.
* Natural Hygiene - natural hygienists disagree sharply among themselves regarding the details of natural hygiene. A diet of raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds. The diet is usually vegan, but Tilden (co-founder of natural hygiene in modern times) encouraged use of non-vegetarian foods. Following high (%) fruit diets is discouraged by most hygienists. However, some who consider themselves to be hygienists, do advocate high fruit diets. There is very wide variation in diet and health practices among hygienists; e.g. disagreements on the use of sprouts, seaweeds, dried fruit, etc. Some otherwise "orthodox" hygienists make occasional use of raw milk/cheese/eggs in their diet (this is discussed by Ward Nicholson in the January 1997 issue of the "Health & Beyond" newsletter). The American Natural Hygiene Society reportedly promotes a predominantly raw diet, but advocates a place for cooked grains and steamed vegetables in the diet. (Note: the preceding remarks are intended to show the wide diversity of hygienic views; it is not meant as criticism.)
* Instinctive Eating (Anopsology) - sequential mono-eating, guided by the senses (smell, and taste change = signal to stop eating). In practice, instincto diet often centers on raw fruit, seafood, meat, with some vegetables, and excludes dairy and grains. Some instinctos eat very little seafood/meat. A similar diet, the Paleolithic diet, has recently become more popular in raw food circles.
* Essene - one whose diet is based on the Essene Gospels of Peace, which claims that Jesus was a member of the Essene sect, and a raw food vegetarian. Diet consists of raw sprouts, wheatgrass, vegetables, and fruit. Use of raw dairy is explicitly authorized by the Essene gospels, so the diet is often lacto-vegetarian rather than vegan. Many Essenes use fermented dairy products, specifically yogurt.
* Fruitarian - one whose diet is predominantly fruit. As a standard, suggest using 75+% fruit as the marker for using the term fruitarian. Here 'fruit' usually conforms to the common usage of the term - the reproductive product of trees, vines, bushes, rather than the botanical definition. Some fruitarians do eat small amounts of sprouts, and many fruitarians (but not all) do eat leafy greens.
* Liquidarian - one who consumes only liquids/juices. Usually a short-term cleansing diet, extremely rare as a long term diet.
* Breatharian. Not really a diet; one who does not eat but gets energy from the air.(me:???????) A rare practice of an obscure Tantric sect. If you want to be a breatharian, you should go to India and try to find a genuine teacher. (This is a difficult/dangerous path - not to be pursued for frivolous reasons!)
* (Generic) Raw Fooder - one whose diet is raw foods but who doesn't fit so neatly into a category, or prefers to not be categorized. Generally a vegan diet, but can be lacto-vegetarian (those who consume raw dairy), or non- vegetarian. Suggest that the diet should be 75+% raw before using the term 'raw fooder'.
For those who "need to know" --I just didn't make it up :). Ahh yes, curezone people.
Reply to This Message
Alert Webmaster & Moderators
How do you feel about this message?
Hide this question
Attributes associated with this message:
#70083 will be notified if you reply to this message!
You can PM #70083 email #70083
TYPES OF RAW FOOD DIETS: A BRIEF SURVEY
|Back To Top||Selected Ads from CureZone Sponsors:||Become a Sponsor|
Donate to CureZone
Guest Book - Liver Flush FAQ - News - Link Exchange - Add URL - How To Exchange Links? - About Global Directory
Staff's pages: Owen - Wrenn - Maya
CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com
Contact Us - About - Donors - Stats
Copyright 1996 - 2012 curezone.com
fetched in 0.33 sec at 6/18/2013 1:04:25 AM, requested by 184.108.40.206, referred by http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1064727 , requested 1 pages in this session, y=2