MMS - Sodium Chlorite Content Simplified
MMS, as manufactured to the specifications described in Jim Humble’s book, is not 28% sodium chlorite but rather 22.4%. This is explained in Part II Chapter 15.
The sodium chlorite used in the manufacturing process is technical grade 80%. As stated in Thomas Lee Hesselink, MD’s overview, “On the Mechanisms of Oxidation of Chlorine Oxides”, the remaining 20% is a mixture of the usual excipients necessary in the manufacture and stabilization of sodium chlorite powder or flake.
MMS is therefore not simply sodium chlorite and distilled water but more precisely:
~ 72% distilled water (H2O)
~ 22.4% sodium chlorite (NaClO2)
< 5.32% sodium chloride (NaCl - table salt
< 0.28% sodium hydroxide (NaOH - lye)
< 0.28% sodium chlorate (NaClO3)
It is important that the actual sodium chlorite content of MMS
NOT be overstated and the actual ingredients of MMS not be understated. The trace quantities of the remaining sodium chemicals listed above are considered nontoxic.
Further, 22.4% sodium chlorite in 4oz aqueous solution of distilled water is not a “hazmet” (hazardous materials) chemical. This is important to understand when assumedly educated individuals refer to MMS as “hazmet” while either naively or disingenuously referring to regulations surrounding the transfer of bulk, concentrated/non-diluted sodium chlorite powder.