- Vinegar for Toenail Fungus
Vinegar is probably the most important natural cure for nail fungus
. It has been used for the treatment of fungal infections for thousands of years and with great success. Still we can find a huge number of toenail fungus cases, that fail to respond to medical treatments and finally recovered with vinegar. One of the benefits of vinegar is that it also treats athlete foot, hence for persons suffering from toenail fungus and athlete foot, this is the collective remedy. Other benefits are that it is cheap, free from side effects and easily available. For this purpose any type of vinegar can be used but apple cider vinegar and white vinegar are usually recommended.
Fungus Nail treatment with vinegar alone:
Vinegar itself is a strong remedy against toenail fungus. It can be used in following ways:
Vinegar in combination remedies
- As a 50/50 solution with water to soak the fungal nail for 15 to 30 minutes twice a day. Whole foot can be soaked, this method is especially good for people with athlete foot because that will also be cured.
- Sometimes undiluted vinegar is also used as a soak, this depends upon the severity of condition.
- In spite of soaking the whole nail into the basin, cotton balls or bandages soaked in the acid are also used to keep the fungal nail covered for required time.
- Two to three drops of undiluted ACV or white vinegars can be poured directly on the nails as well as on the under surface, again twice a day.
- Some people recommend white vinegar for topical applications combined with two table spoons of ACV twice daily to enhance the effect.
Vinegar can be mixed with a number of other natural ingredients that have proven anti fungal properties to speed up the procedure.
- Coconut oil: Surely, coconut oil has antifungal effects either taken orally or applied topically. You can massage coconut oil around the nail and also pour under the nail with a dropper after completing vinegar treatment and drying the nail or alternatively oral intake of VCO along with topical application of vinegar will also work.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil also has a place in home remedies for nail fungus and is used with white vinegar in the same way as coconut oil.
- Hydrogen Peroxide: Some hydrogen peroxide is added to 50/50 solution of vinegar/water but be careful it may damage the skin.
- Essential Oils: Oils like that of lavender, tea tree, rosemary or oregano are also effective against treating fungus in nails, hence these can be either poured on the matrix with a dropper or massaged on the surrounding skin and nails after vinegar soaks.
- Another way is to make a mixture of vinegar with one or more of these oils and put it in a dropper. Pour a couple of these drops on the base of fungal nails and also under them. Again applications are required twice a day for a long period.
No matter which method you prefer, the important is to apply it thoroughly and consistently. You will see the results as early as two weeks when the yellowness of the nail will start decreasing. However it is not until six weeks that you can see a thin clear nail growth at the base. After about six months whole new nail will have replaced the old yellow one. Once the nail grows out, the treatment is continued for about three more months. It can take from nine months to two years for complete cure. Besides its effectiveness, vinegar is probably the cheapest of all remedies, totally safe and a complete cure for nail fungus.
Alert Webmaster & Moderators|
1 readers agree with this message. Hide votes What is this?
How do you feel about this message?
Hide this question
Attributes associated with this message:
Annie5 will be notified if you reply to this message!
Annie5 will be notified if you reply to any message in this thread!