Re: Why Vegetarianism is Wrong - Edit
Forum: Vegetarian/Vegan Debate Forum

• Why Vegetarianism is Wrong   OmniV   5y
    • actually, i think the only truly moral thing ...   icky   5y
    • This is why vegetarianism, although I conside...   VeryGnawty   5y
      • Re: Why Vegetarianism is Wrong - Edit   #69242   5y
         Re: Why Vegetarianism is Wrong - Edit

Date: 6/17/2009 1:24:12 AM   ( 5y ago )
        Hits:   5828   Size: 3376 char.   Bad Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This BAD Message   Good Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
        I don't see any logic in anything you just posted.

"Less demand for animals means less domestication. Less domestication means less population".

Yeah, but what you forgot is that for the most part you are talking about chickens and cattle, two species that don't really survive on their own, or contribute to any ecosystems.

" Consider for example the number of domesticated cats versus the number of feral cats that were born in the wild. The populations of wild cats in many areas are not too good."

What does that have anything to do with what we are talking about? Feral cats are a problem in many areas, for better or for worse. Doesn't relate anything to the topic at hand.

"Vegetarianism is a very poor excuse to save animals. A better way to save animals is to educate people about ecosystems and develop habitat for animals. An omnivore who did this would be helping animals more than a vegetarian who didn't."

You still seem to have no clue on what "animal rights" vegetarians are saying. And I separate out different branches of vegetarianism - could be for many reasons - health, religion, or animal rights. But again, what does boycotting the eating of mainly chickens and cattle have anything to do with protecting herd populations or species??? We ain't over in Africa on the Serengheti protecting wild game herds - we are for the most part talking the consumption of factory raised animals in the U.S. And I don't consider a factory farm in Arkansas to resemble any semblence of an "ecosystem".

"The most respectable animal lover I've ever met was a hardcore hunter. He owns a local gun shop. He hunts animals, but he also recognizes the natural order of the food chain. There is a natural balance to the world. It is this balance, and not the number of animals slain or consumed, which must be maintained. Predation is a fact of this planet, regardless of how many humans choose to become vegetarians"

Finally I can come close to agreeing with you on something, although I do think that some of the most dedicated animal lovers have been those that don't kill or eat them, although I have done both. But what does killing deer or wild turkey or rabbit have anything to do with the subject at hand. Game species are game species......People in this country eat factory raised animals. A completely different animal, pardon the pun. You seem to be comparing deer to factory raised chickens to lions roaming the plains of Africa all in one fell swoop.

Edit -I can see the vague point that you are making here. That ecosystems need to be protected. But very few actually do it. Hunters donate money to buy land to protect habitat of species that they kill, usually birds. They aren't giving money to protect African savannahs that don't allow hunting. People need to do more, that is understood. But I will give you this analogy. Some people are ardently opposed to abortion. I am not going to tell them that if they really want to protect children they should donate and get involved in outfits that help disadvantaged children and not worry about abortion. Yeah, it would be great if they or anyone did it, but they have a moral problem with abortion so all of the other issues are really just side issues to them. Same with people who don't eat animals for moral reasons. Whether they are involved in protecting habitat or not.

Your reply:
        Reply   CK  FCK  MCE
        Printer-friendly version of this page
        Email this message to a friend
        Bookmark this page/Add to Favorites or press Ctrl+D
        Alert Webmaster & Moderators
        Bad Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This BAD Message  Good Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
        How do you feel about this message?     Like     Dislike       Hide this question

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?
        How do you feel about this message?     Like     Dislike       Hide this question

DISCLAIMER
        Medianet Ads
      • Re: Why Vegetarianism is Right   didget123   5y
    • Re: Why Vegetarianism is Wrong   #115014   5y
    • Re: Why Vegetarianism is Wrong   theothevegan   5y

Medianet Ads

Selected Ads from CureZone Sponsors: Become a Sponsor

VIP

Best Iodine Supplements
Dr Group Analyzes the 3 Best Kinds! Lugols, Potassium, & Nascent Iodi...
Stay Hydrated With Adya Clarity
Breakthrough technology shows you why you might fee thirsty a...
Heal Type 2 Diabetes
Simple, 3-step natural approach heals diabetes within a month. No side e...
Natural Arthritis Treatment
ArthroWell transdermal creme provides fast pain-relief and rebuil...

PLAT

Easy Colon Detox
All Natural Oxygen Cleanser. Works While You Sleep!
Kidney Cleanse
Hulda Clark Cleanse Kits
Free Book by Dr. Clark!
Bestselling author Dr. Hulda Clark claims to have cured cancer. Is sh...
Natural Cancer Remedies

GOLD

Proven medical anti-diabetic benefits
Electrolyzed drinking water significantly reduces blood...
Cancer’s Natural Enemy
Opc Oleander, 15% Discount With Curezone Discount Code Of Lr001
Destroy Parasites Quickly
Learn How to Destroy Parasites And Be Free of Your Unbearable Sympt...

GOLD

Alkaline Ionized Water
Are there health benefits? What are people reporting?

SILVER

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.
Em-Pro Probiotic
2/3 of your immune system reside in your gut
The Tesla Shield™
Transformational Technology For Mind Body And Soul.
$5 off at Iherb.com
Use referral code X0T949 to get $5 off your first order from iherb.com

Back To Top How many people click on the sponsord links? Become a Sponsor

Donate to CureZone

Share:  Facebook  MySpace  Digg  Reddit  StumbleUpon  Furl this page  Delicious  BlinkList  dzone  Simpy.com  Fark.com  BlogMarks  Wists.com  Google

Translate This Page:

French    German    Spain    Italian    Dutch    Russian    Portuguese    Japanese    Korean    Arabic    Chinese Simplified

Guest Book - Liver Flush FAQ - News - Link Exchange - Add URL - How To Exchange Links? - About Global Directory

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules - Forum Trolls - Fair use notice

Homepages:  Owen - Wrenn - Maya

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Sponsors - Stats

Copyright 2014  curezone.com

fetched in 0.41 sec at 10/23/2014 5:15:01 AM, requested by 54.198.42.105, referred by http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1439677 , requested 1 pages during this session, y=2