Just another use for the ubiquitous MOM...
I have been out energetically hunting wild mushrooms this year, which requires going off-trail.
Poison oak has lost its leaves for the most part, but the bare sticks are wicked for causing bad cases of the accursed rash, especially if one is scratched by them. The inevitable happened yesterday. About 12 hours after one of these adventures, burning, itching and weepy sores began breaking out on my right hand.
Remembering a discussion of the alkalising effect being responsible for the efficacy of calamine lotion, I tried applying some Milk of Magnesia. The itching went away entirely, the pain/burning was nearly eliminated, and there were no weepy sores to spread the problem.
I only seem to need reapplication every 8-12 m hours, or if I thoroughly wash it off.
Basis acid/alkaline principles taught here would indicate that the same will hold true for any weepy sore or hive.
Anyone else had similar experiences????
Di AKA the Mad Mushroom Momma!
BTW, The mushrooms, suphur shelf/chicken of the woods and oyster varieties were SOOOOO worth it! The Moreless protocol is a major reason that I had enough strength and energy to find them, let alone treat the rash!