|CureZone.com Educating Instead of Medicating|
|Home > Forums||12006 visitors online now||Add To Favorites||Log On Join/Sign Up User Finder||Inbox||New|
Russell James Ice Cream
Cacao Pistachio Florentine & Mint Ice Cream Sandwich
PM plzchuckle email plzchuckle
Date: 6/22/2010 9:48:31 PM ( 3 year ago )
Hits: 2444 Size: 3403 char.
1/2c coconut butter/oil
1/4c agave nectar
1 vanilla pod
1c almond milk*
1t lemon juice
1/2c tightly-packed fresh mint leaves
- Scrape the inside of the vanilla pod, and discard the outer part. Alternatively, you can leave the outer part in water to infuse, making ‘vanilla water’.
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Pour mixture into 4, round, equal-sized moulds and place in the freezer to set. I used metal rings with plastic film stretched over the base of them.
3T cacao powder
1/4c melted cacao butter
1/2t lemon juice
3T agave nectar
1/4c almond milk
1/4c cacao nibs
1/2c pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- Blend all ingredients, with the exception of the cacao nibs and pistachio nuts, in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in the cacao nibs and pistachios.
- Use a spoon to form 8 Florentines (circles as big as the ice cream moulds you used) on some non-stick paper and place in the freezer to set. If you haven’t got enough room in your freezer to lay them out flat, you can put them in the fridge first, until they are firm enough to stack up in the freezer.
- Remove the ice cream and Florentines from the freezer 1 - 2 hours before serving.
- Assemble the sandwiches with one Florentine on the bottom, and one on the top, of the ice cream that you removed from the moulds.
- Decorate the outside of the mint ice cream with some more chopped pistachio nuts.
* The almond milk you need for this recipe can be be made by blending 1c soaked almonds in 2c of pure water. You should then strain the mixture through a nut milk bag, or a sieve if you don’t have a nut milk bag.
Did you like this recipe? You can sign-up for Russell's eZine here to be put on the list for more great recipes like this, plus tips and all sorts of advice to help you become a raw food culinary artist!
You can also sign-up for updates from his site here, so when he posts you’ll automatically receive an email…it’s so easy to stay ‘in the loop’!
Reply to This Message
Alert Webmaster & Moderators
How do you feel about this message?
Hide this question
Attributes associated with this message:
plzchuckle will be notified if you reply to this message!
You can PM plzchuckle email plzchuckle
|Back To Top||Selected Ads from CureZone Sponsors:||Become a Sponsor|
Donate to CureZone
Guest Book - Liver Flush FAQ - News - Link Exchange - Add URL - How To Exchange Links? - About Global Directory
Staff's pages: Owen - Wrenn - Maya
CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com
Contact Us - About - Donors - Stats
Copyright 1996 - 2012 curezone.com
fetched in 0.42 sec at 6/18/2013 7:48:01 PM, requested by 188.8.131.52, referred by http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1641711 , requested 1 pages in this session, y=2