I have had excellent results with using a sodium chlorite solution as a mouthwash. If your mouth is in poor condition you should start with an activated solution, then you can simply use sodium chlorite in water to maintain good oral health.
There is one problem...
When you mix MMS
and citric acid
you form chlorous acid. Rinsing your mouth with an acid may not be the best thing to do. Chlorous acid can pit the enamel on the teeth, but this does not always happen.
To protect your teeth against this, add some baking soda to the solution to neutralize the acid.
I have had good results with this mix.
In a container that holds 500 ml of water put 5 drops of MMS and add 1 drop of 50% citric acid. Let this activate for 10 minutes, then add 500 ml of water. This will keep for several weeks if you keep it away from UV light.
To use, pour yourself a shot of the solution and add 1/8 teaspoon baking power and mix to dissolve. If it doesn't completely dissolve that is fine.
Take a mouthful and swish for 30 - 60 seconds, then spit it out. Continue until you use up the whole shot. I usually get two swishes with it. You want to do this twice a day. This will give you around 4 days of using the activated solution.
The normal mouthwash is made by putting 500 ml of water into the bottle and adding 3.5 ml of MMS to the water. 3.5 ml is around 60 drops.