I found this about GB3 on Analytical Research labs.
Why We Are Recommending Additional GB-3
Recently, we have begun recommending GB-3 as the digestive aid for all slow oxidizers. Many considerations prompted this change:
1. An Antidote for Copper Toxicity. In our experience, all slow oxidizers have excess copper in their tissues. While not always revealed on the initial test, an elevated hair calcium level, a low sodium/potassium ratio, a low potassium level, mercury toxicity or a copper level less than 1.0 mg% in a slow oxidizer are indicators of hidden copper toxicity. If an individual follows a nutritional balancing program, excess copper will eventually begin to be eliminated. Weak adrenal glandular activity is the underlying cause of the copper imbalance.
GB-3 is specifically designed to help eliminate copper. It contains Russian black radish, an excellent source of organic sulfur and an excellent copper antagonist. Ox bile, dehydrocholic acid and pancreatin in the product assist liver activity to help mobilize copper from the liver. Kelp found in GB-3 helps bind toxic metals.
2. Liver Support. With the proliferation of toxic chemicals and toxic metals in the environment, everyone may have some degree of liver toxicity. Slow oxidizers in particular develop sluggish liver activity due to weak adrenal and thyroid glandular activity.
GB-3 is a liver support formula that helps the body eliminate not only copper but many other toxic metals and chemicals from the liver. Alginates found in kelp in GB-3 also bind toxic metals and radioactive particles, another toxicity problem.
3. The Use of Pancreatin Enzymes. Based on national health statistics, at least one-third of all Americans will be diagnosed with cancer. According to medical studies, on average an individual has had cancer three to five years before it is diagnosed. If the cancer can be stopped at an early, pre-clinical stage, it is far easier and less traumatic for the patient.
Pancreatic enzymes help destroy cancer cells. This was shown originally by Dr. John Beard, author of The Trophoblastic Theory of Cancer. In fact, the use of pancreatic enzymes is the cornerstone of the Kelley enzyme treatment for cancer. This program has been shown to produce excellent results. Liver detoxification and copper elimination through the use of GB-3 may help reduce the risk of cancer.
By including GB-3 in the nutritional supplement programs, we are providing an inexpensive but potentially effective aid to preventing and even ameliorating subclinical cancer. We do not mean to imply that everyone tested has cancer. However, prevention never hurts and fits our paradigm of preventive health care through scientific nutrition.
4. A Superior Digestive Aid. GB-3 is a superior digestive aid compared to HCL-pepsin or vegetable enzymes. Its pancreatin and ox bile are needed by many people, especially those in the exhaustion stage of stress or slow oxidation.
Most slow oxidizers have some degree of intestinal dysbiosis, including chronic candida albicans infection due to copper imbalance. Many have other parasites as well. Pancreatin and ox bile in GB-3 help get rid of these organisms. In some cases, other anti-candida products may be needed as well. However, GB-3 is an excellent beginning to correct the intestinal flora and improve overall digestion. Those who experience discomfort from GB-3 are usually those with intestinal dysbiosis. They need to begin with a smaller dosage.
5. Thyroid Support. GB-3 contains kelp. This rich source of minerals is helpful for many people, especially slow oxidizers whose thyroid glands are underactive. Some are concerned about taking Iodine
found in kelp. However, in Japan, where people live the longest of any industrial nation, people consume up to ten times as much iodine as Americans in the form of fish and sea vegetables without harm. In rare cases of hyperthyroidism, kelp will cause a reaction.
6. A Sympathetic Inhibitor. An important part of nutritional balancing programs is to correct the balance of the autonomic nervous system. Most people have exhausted their sympathetic or fight-or-flight nervous system. Most are in a parasympathetic state of slow oxidation. However, many are yet what we call sympathetic dominant. That means they retain the mental patterns such as fear and worry that pushed them into an exhaustion state. Pancreatin, dehydrocholic acid, ox bile and Russian black radish all inhibit the sympathetic nervous system, helping it rest and rebuild. Other parasympathetic products include Paramin, zinc, Endo-Pan and L-taurine.
Reactions And Cautions With GB-3
Upon starting GB-3, some people report diarrhea or stomach upset. This occurs because pancreatin and ox bile digest candida organisms, parasites, bacteria and debris in the intestines. The solution is to reduce the dosage at first, as low as Ĺ tablet per day, and then slowly increase the dosage. In a few cases of hyperthyroidism, kelp in GB-3 will cause a reaction. Also, if one has diarrhea from any cause, slow oxidizers may prefer HCL-pepsin over GB-3.