CureZone
Old Format -> CureZone.INFO
Re: Christianity and the sexua| abuse of children
Forum: Christianity Debate

• Christianity and the sexua| abuse of children   #136970   31mo  1,152
    • Image Embedded http://curezone.com/upload/Members/chavey/hol...   chavey   31mo  1,135
    • ”...I also know that it isn’t limited to the ...   joegrane   31mo  1,072  
      This is my avatar. Click here to see my profile.
      joegrane
      Re: Christianity and the sexua| abuse of children

Date: 4/22/2012 12:05:41 PM   ( 31mo ago )
      Hits:   1071   Size: 3880 char.   Bad Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This BAD Message   Good Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
      "...I also know that it isn't limited to the Christian Church either. The more "holy" a person or sect tries to portray themselves the more debauchery they have perpetuated becomes much clearer."

Then how do you account for all of the cases in public schools and elsewhere on society? I hear they have quite a case brewing in a public school district in California, including coverups. They don't seem to "holy" out in LA.

I'm from the Philly area. One of the accused was a high school and seminary classmate of mine. (I'm not a priest or ex-priest.) Msgr Lynn was on staff at the seminary when I was there and was well respected as a decent, ordinary guy. He was not a professor or intellectual. He was one of the "average joe" priests they seemed to want to have on staff that most of the guys could better identify with. He was not the "holy" type personality. He was a really nice guy who was hard not to like.

My classmate was certainly not a "holy" type personality. He was quite popular in high school and quite frankly liked to party--maybe a little too much. I was shocked when he went into the seminary. He was a popular guy with a great personality. There was no doubt he would end up in teen/young adult ministry since he just had the rare young-at-heart type of personality that would fit in with youth. I admired him quite a bit.

He had more than his share of difficulties too. He had at least one major surgery for cancer before age 25. I think he had multiple surgeries. He was probably lucky to have survived. There were difficulties in his family of origin. I was not close enough to him to have known what this was doing to him internally. Obviously this is never an excuse. We were clearly taught traditional Christian morality. sexua| activity with a minor was certainly a seriously immoral act. He should have gotten himself the help he needed--if he is actually guilty of the crime.

Almost no one knows this angle of the situation. Part of our pain is our knowledge of the GREAT POTENTIAL for good that these people had! We knew their talents. We knew them when they were at their best. It is so saddening to us that we have lost those talents--of course on top of the obvious deep sadness about the harm that was done to the young people and the opportunity it gives to those who are anti-Christian.

You probably have not heard that roughly 75% of the cases since 1950 occurred in the crazy 1960's, 70's and early 80's. There have been relatively few cases per year in the past decade, yet the old cases still get lots of attention in the media.

Those were crazy times in society and in the church too. Standards for accepting seminarians were lowered. Traditional Christian morality was not taught as strongly as in previous generations. Men with a stronger homosexual orientation were accepted who would not have been accepted in previous generations. Philly was actually one of the stricter seminaries in the nation at the time. Guys were being transferred in from other seminaries. We heard about crazy stuff going on in other seminaries. It was a crazy time in our society. It was bound to come back to bite us. Sin always does.

I'm sure you've never heard from the liberal-leaning media that 80% of these cases nationwide involved homosexual activity. Hmm, lots of homosexual sex abuse cases from guys who were accepted at a time when standards related to sexua| orientation had been changed. Pope John Paul II started a reform of seminaries in the mid 1980's. Now we have fewer cases after the stricter moral standards were put back in place, Hmm.

Now social liberals want homosexual marriage followed by adoption of children by homosexual couples. If you are going to criticize us for our well deserved mistakes, that is quite reasonable. However at least LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKES!!!

Reply   CK  FCK  MCE
      Your reply:
      Printer-friendly version of this page
      Email this message to a friend
      Bookmark this page/Add to Favorites or press Ctrl+D
      Alert Webmaster & Moderators
      Bad Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This BAD Message  Good Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
      How do you feel about this message?     Like     Dislike       Hide this question

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?
      How do you feel about this message?     Like     Dislike       Hide this question

Attributes associated with this message:

joegrane will be notified if you reply to this message!
      joegrane will be notified if you reply to any message in this thread!
      You can

Find & Order All Messages Posted by joegrane
      by
      DISCLAIMER

Medianet Ads
    • The hypocrisy of guilt by association   #143327   31mo  1,033
    • Re: sexua| abuse.   grassman   31mo  1,101

Medianet Ads

Selected Ads from CureZone Sponsors: Become a Sponsor

VIP

14 Liver Cleansing Foods
I would encourage you to incorporate these liver cleanse foods into ...
Stop The Skin Itch Now!
Laundry detergent may be reason why your skin is itchy all the time.
Reverse Type 2 Diabetes
In 3 simple steps, she nails what no one wants to reveal how type 2 d...
What is Inner Influencing?
Sessions via telephone or Skype anywhere in the world!

PLAT

Easy Colon Detox
All Natural Oxygen Cleanser. Works While You Sleep!
Epsom Salt Capsules
Hulda Clark Liver Cleanse
Official Dr. Clark Video Database
Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

GOLD

Proven medical anti-diabetic benefits
Electrolyzed drinking water significantly reduces blood...
Kitchen “Waste” Reduces Tumors by 500%
A compound in a food you probably throw away reduced t...
Colloidal Silver Free!
Buy $100 in Non-Colloidal Supplement Products & Get a Free Bottle of A...
Proven Parasite Diet
The Only Legitimate Diet for Destroying Parasites in 30 Days or Less

GOLD

Anti Cancer Medical Effect
Medical researchers confirm electrolyzed reduced water protects ag...
Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !
Natural Cancer Remedies

SILVER

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.
Reclaim Your Health
Restore your health today with our clinically proven Candida Cleanse
The Tesla Shield™
Transformational Technology For Mind Body And Soul.
The Best Years in Life
Naturally live longer, healthier and happier and avoid mainstream mana...

Back To Top How many people click on the sponsord links? Become a Sponsor

Donate to CureZone

Share:  Facebook  MySpace  Digg  Reddit  StumbleUpon  Furl this page  Delicious  BlinkList  dzone  Simpy.com  Fark.com  BlogMarks  Wists.com  Google
Translate This Page:

Guest Book - Liver Flush FAQ - News - Link Exchange - Add URL - How To Exchange Links? - About Global Directory

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules - Forum Trolls - Fair use notice

Homepages:  Owen - Wrenn - Maya

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Sponsors - Stats

Copyright 2014  curezone.com

fetched in 0.72 sec at 11/26/2014 10:18:43 AM, requested by 54.81.89.182, referred by http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1932221 , requested 1 pages during this session, y=2