Forum: Atheism Debate Forum

• There's no such thing as God.   ichiro   9y
    • I Posted an eye witness account by Joseph Smi...   Swing71   9y
      • gibberish!   Chaz   9y
        • You wrote, bunch of double speak to fool the ...   Swing71   9y
          • How do you know that the unbearably long pass...   #42412   9y
            • these guys are not looking for guidence they ...   ff.   9y
              • Then get writing. When you consider this stor...   Swing71   9y
                This is NOT my avatar. This is just randomly assigned image, until I upload my own avatar. Click here to see my profile.
                Swing71
                Re: gibberish!
                PM
                Date: 5/21/2005 12:59:32 PM   ( 9y ago )
                Hits:   638   Size: 2248 char.   Bad Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This BAD Message   Good Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
                Then get writing. When you consider this story you will write consider this why I believe the Prophet Joseph Smith was a prophet because he did many superhuman things. One was translating the Book of Mormon. Some people will not agree, but I submit to you that the Prophet Joseph Smith in translating the Book of Mormon did a superhuman work. I ask you to undertake to write a story on the ancient inhabitants of America, to write as he did without any source of material. Include in your story 54 chapters dealing with wars, 21 historical chapters, and 55 chapters on visions and prophecies. And, remember, when you begin to write on visions and prophecies, you must have your record agree meticulously with the Bible. You must write 71 chapters on doctrine and exhortation, and here, too, you must check every statement with the scriptures or you will be proven to be a fraud. You must write 21 chapters on the ministry of Christ, and everything you claim He said and did and every testimony you write in your book about Him must agree absolutely with the New Testament.

I ask you, would you like to undertake such a task? I would suggest to you too that you must employ figures of speech, similes, metaphors, narrations, exposition, description, oratory, epic, lyric, logic, and parables. Undertake that, will you?

I ask you to remember that the man who translated the Book of Mormon was a young man who hadn’t had the opportunity of schooling that you have had, and yet he dictated that book in just a little over two months and made very few, if any, corrections. For over one hundred and fifty years some of the best students and scholars of the world have been trying to prove from the Bible that the Book of Mormon is false, but not one of them has been able to prove that anything he wrote was not in strict harmony with the scriptures—with the Bible and with the word of God.

The Book of Mormon not only declares on the title page that its purpose is to convince Jew and Gentile that Jesus is the Christ, the Eternal God, but this truth is the burden of its message. In 3 Nephi it is recorded that multitudes of people testified, “We saw Him. We felt of His hands and His side. We know He is the Christ” (see 3 Nephi 11:14–15).
                Your reply:
                Reply   CK  FCK  MCE
                Printer-friendly version of this page
                Email this message to a friend
                Bookmark this page/Add to Favorites or press Ctrl+D
                Alert Webmaster & Moderators
                Bad Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This BAD Message  Good Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
                How do you feel about this message?     Like     Dislike       Hide this question

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?
                How do you feel about this message?     Like     Dislike       Hide this question

Find & Order All Messages Posted by Swing71
                by
                DISCLAIMER
                Medianet Ads
        • Who is this true and living Prophet on earth ...   simplify   7y
    • Re: There's no such thing as God.   simplify   7y

Medianet Ads

Selected Ads from CureZone Sponsors: Become a Sponsor

VIP

All Natural Colon Cleanse
I Did A Complete Colon Cleanse In Just 4 Short Days!
Candida Treatment
Finally a safe & simple method that helps you remove Candida fungus.
High Blood Pressure?
3 easy exercises drop blood pressure below 120/80 as soon as today
Natural Arthritis Treatment
ArthroWell transdermal creme provides fast pain-relief and rebuil...

PLAT

Liver Cleanse
Eliminate any foreign substances that may be trapped in your liver.
Parasite Cleanse Kit
Hulda Clark Cleanses
Free Clark DVD!
Order this free DVD that includes a testimonial by former State Representativ...
Natural Cancer Remedies

GOLD

Proven medical anti-diabetic benefits
Electrolyzed drinking water significantly reduces blood...
Utopia Silver Supplements
Enhance Nutrient Absorption with Digestive Enzymes- Bromelain, Enzy...
Destroy Parasites Quickly
Learn How to Destroy Parasites And Be Free of Your Unbearable Sympt...

GOLD

Medically Proven Anti-Cancer Benefits
Medical researchers confirm electrolyzed reduced water ...

SILVER

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solution
Best Candida Cleanse
100% Effective Candida Cleanse
The Tesla Shield™
Transformational Technology For Mind Body And Soul.
Tbyil Supplement Catalog
The Best Years in Life’s hand picked top quality natural health comp...

Back To Top How many people click on the sponsord links? Become a Sponsor

Donate to CureZone

Share:  Facebook  MySpace  Digg  Reddit  StumbleUpon  Furl this page  Delicious  BlinkList  dzone  Simpy.com  Fark.com  BlogMarks  Wists.com  Google

Translate This Page:

French    German    Spain    Italian    Dutch    Russian    Portuguese    Japanese    Korean    Arabic    Chinese Simplified

Guest Book - Liver Flush FAQ - News - Link Exchange - Add URL - How To Exchange Links? - About Global Directory

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules - Forum Trolls - Fair use notice

Homepages:  Owen - Wrenn - Maya

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Sponsors - Stats

Copyright 2014  curezone.com

fetched in 0.28 sec at 10/20/2014 5:51:18 PM, requested by 54.87.123.99, referred by http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=270520 , requested 1 pages during this session, y=2