I am not sure what make of herbs you bought, I have been brewing Essiac
and Pau d'arco for four years and have never had a problem, The instructions I use are below, these are for the HerbCare version of Essiac...the amount of water would depend on the quantity of herbs used so it may be different for the amount you purchased.
Incidently I just got the results back from my February CT scan, no cancer anywhere...it will be four years in May...not bad for somone given 8 months ( stage 4 adenocarcinoma of the stomach, spread to the liver)...
I have posted here many times and urge anyone to at least consider taking Essiac and Pau d'arco...they are the main things I took and still do, they are both relativly inexpensive which is a big factor for many of us ( I am sure that some of the more elaborate methods are beneficial as well but are out of reach price wise for a lot of people)....I also strongly advocate fresh juicing....
On another note...
I am becoming concerned at the number of scans I have been receiving, I read that one CT scan has the same amount of radiation as 400 chest xrays !! I have been urging the Oncologist to cut them down and he has now agreed a CT every 6 months with a chest X-Ray and ultrasound in between..
Should I be pushing for less testing...its nice to know that everything is Okay but not at the risk of causing more problems....anyone got any input on CT's etc....
Thanks and Healthy Wishes to All.
HerbCares Essiac Blend Brewing Instructions
1. Pour 1 Gallon of water into a stainless steel or glass pot.
2. Bring water to a rolling boil with lid on.
3. Stir one bag of Essiac Blend herbs into boiling water.
4. Replace lid and continue gentle boiling at a reduced heat for 10 minutes.
5. Turn off stove. Scrape down sides of pot and stir mixture thoroughly.
6. Replace lid and let pot sit undisturbed for 12 hrs or overnight.
7. Reheat to steaming hot but do not let boil.
8. Turn off heat and allow herbs to settle and liquid to cool
9. Pour cooled liquid into tall sterilized glass containers such as juice jugs.
10. Refrigerate for 10 hours undisturbed to allow herb sediment to settle to bottom.
11. Carefully pour off liquid into sterilized glass bottles (preferably amber or dark green) using a funnel and tea strainer, discarding sludge at bottom. (10 minutes in oven at 225 will sterilize bottles).
12. Cap and Refrigerate.
This will make enough tea to fill approximately three 32 ounce quart
Discard if Mold develops ...there are no preservatives in Essiac.