CureZone
Old Format -> CureZone.INFO
Re: palm oil vs coconut oil....
Forum: Coconut Oil Forum

• palm oil vs coconut oil....   johng   9y  1,958
    • I buy on line. My suggestion is TropicalTrad...   journ   9y  1,478
    • Here’s something I found about palm oil. I a...   happydog   9y  11,850  
      This is my avatar. Click here to see my profile.
      happydog
      Re: palm oil vs coconut oil....

Date: 6/15/2005 8:33:16 PM   ( 9y ago )
      Hits:   11849   Size: 5866 char.   Bad Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This BAD Message   Good Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
      Here's something I found about palm oil. I also bought some from WFN and I use it mainly for cooking when I don't want a sweet or coconut taste. It's pretty tastless. I love the rich golden color it gives to rice dishes or navy bean soup. It makes food look rich and meaty (or golden buttery) and helps me disguise the fact that there's very little meat these days in our dinner :)

Palm Oil

One problem with oils is that they eventually go rancid. Some are more stable than others. Castor oil has a very long shelf life. Flax oil will turn rancid in fifteen minutes at room temperature. Coconut oil lasts about five years, but just after three years you can taste a difference. Partially Hydrogenated oils have a very long shelf life too. This is one reason the food industry uses these trans fats in many processed foods; the shelf life is artificially extended.

Olive oil will last longer if you store it in the refrigerator. Some nutritionists have even recommended putting a little BHT into your olive oil to keep it from turning rancid. BHT is an antioxidant. Antioxidants are preservatives . Whether BHT is dangerous or not, I do not know. There is really bad Science on both sides of that issue, but we know that oils last longer when antioxidants are added to them.

Palm oil comes with its own antioxidants. Fact is, palm oil is “highly charged” with antioxidants.

We’ve all heard of beta-carotene; a precursor to vitamin A. What you might not know is that there are some 600 compounds that make up the entire family we call carotenoids.

Besides beta-carotene, there is alpha, gamma, and delta-carotene. Also in this family are lycopene, lutein, zeanxanthin, and many, many more.

These photochemicals (plant chemicals) are also responsible for the colors in the vegetables and fruits in which they are found.

Is it any surprise to find carotenoids in a carrot? A bright orange carrot at that. We also have winter squash, cantaloupe, tomatoes, sweet potatoes and yams. Carotenoids exist in other dark green vegetables, but it’s the chlorophyll that creates the green in these veggies that overwhelms the poor carotenoids.

Carotenoids are protective. They are powerful antioxidants that protect us from free radicals which can damage our DNA and open the door to cancer and chronic illness. If you’ve read our book, Bypassing Bypass, you know that cholesterol does not cause heart disease; it is rancid cholesterol that causes heart disease. Antioxidants protect your cholesterol from going rancid. We have all heard that carrots are good for your eyes. Carotenes are responsible for protecting your vision. (Did I ever tell you about the fellow who ate so many carrots he couldn’t go to sleep at nights because he could see through his eyelids?)

Natural palm oil is a bright red/orange. It is filled with natural carotenoids, and is a very healthful oil.

Beyond the carotenoids, palm oil also contains a complete form of vitamin E.

As we have talked about in our December 04 newsletter, real vitamin E is a complex substance consisting of mixed tocopherols and mixed tocotrienols. Natural palm oil contains alpha, beta, gamma, and delta-tocopherols and alpha, beta, gamma, and delta-tocotrienols. No other source contains this much vitamin E.

Palm oil also contains phytosterols (which prevent cholesterol absorption) and another powerful antioxidant: squalene.

Palm oil is 40% saturated and 60% unsaturated. The unsaturated portion of palm oil is a monounsaturated oil, just like olive oil. But unlike olive oil, palm oil’s natural resistance to oxidation makes it a healthier and safer oil for cooking or deep-frying. If used for cooking, some of the antioxidants will be destroyed in the cooking, but still, palm oil is at least ten times better for cooking than olive oil.

Despite all of the benefits detailed above, in the 80s when the soybean interests slandered coconut oil calling it “unhealthy,” they also attacked palm oil. Suddenly products appeared on the shelves stamped “No tropical oils.”

The food industry switched to partially hydrogenated soy bean oil and we all suffered from it. Palm oil and coconut oil added to foods increases their shelf lives and are good for you. Sadly, the moneyed interests won out, and the people lost.

Points to ponder:

Palm oil has been used safely for over 5000 years.
      Palm oil has is consumed all over the world.
      Palm oil is an excellent dietary energy source.
      Palm oil does not require hydrogenation to extend its shelf life.
      Palm oil is rich in carotenoids.
      Palm oil is a good source for vitamin E.
      Palm oil’s fatty acids are well balanced.
      Palm oil provides linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid (omega-6).
      Palm oil is anti-thrombotic (reduces tendency for blood clots) and cardio-protective.
      Palm oil inhibits cancer growth.
      However, if you smoke, you should avoid anything that contains beta-carotene. Smokers and beta-carotene do not mix; this combination shortens your life even more than just smoking.

For the best palm oil in the industry, we recommend you go to our friends at Wilderness Family Naturals (right here in Finlayson, Minnesota on Lake Superior).

References and Further Reading

The Tocotrienol.org Website

The American Palm Oil Board

http://www.palmoilworld.org

http://www.americanpalmoil.com/palmtruth.html

http://www.mpob.gov.my/nut_12fact.htm

Here's the link to the above article: http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/nutrition/palm.htm

Reply   CK  FCK  MCE
      Your reply:
      Printer-friendly version of this page
      Email this message to a friend
      Bookmark this page/Add to Favorites or press Ctrl+D
      Alert Webmaster & Moderators
      Bad Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This BAD Message  Good Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
      How do you feel about this message?     Like     Dislike       Hide this question

1 readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?
      How do you feel about this message?     Like     Dislike       Hide this question

Attributes associated with this message:

happydog will be notified if you reply to this message!
      happydog will be notified if you reply to any message in this thread!
      You can

Find & Order All Messages Posted by happydog
      by
      DISCLAIMER

Medianet Ads

Medianet Ads

Selected Ads from CureZone Sponsors: Become a Sponsor

VIP

Liver/Gall Cleanse
Eliminate any foreign substances that may be trapped in your liver. In jus...
Shocking Facts About Laundry Detergent
Free eBook reveals the no.1 harmful chemical in your h...
High Blood Pressure?
3 easy exercises drop blood pressure below 120/80 as soon as today
Wow! Thanks a lot Stephen!
You made my day! This is what i really wanted.

PLAT

Easy Colon Detox
All Natural Oxygen Cleanser. Works While You Sleep!
Wormwood Parasites Cleanse
Hulda Clark Cleanses
Free Clark DVD!
A rare interview with Dr. Hulda Clark on DVD for FREE. Patients give their te...
Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

GOLD

Proven medical anti-diabetic benefits
Electrolyzed drinking water significantly reduces blood...
7 Breakthrough Cancer Cures
These safe, natural treatments cured lung cancer, breast cancer, ...
Utopia Silver Supplements
Colloidal Silver Testimonials. Read comments and opinions by users ...
I Feel Healthy Again!
Learn How to Destroy Parasites And Be Free of Your Unbearable Symptoms ...

GOLD

Anti Cancer Medical Effect
Medical researchers confirm electrolyzed reduced water protects ag...
Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !
Natural Cancer Remedies

SILVER

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.
Ccws™ Candida Cell Wall Suppressor
Find out why we are the worlds no 1 Treatment for Yeast In...
The Tesla Shield™
The #1 Personal Energy Enhancement Device. Transformational Technology For ...
Tbyil Supplement Catalog
The Best Years in Life’s hand picked top quality natural health comp...

Back To Top How many people click on the sponsord links? Become a Sponsor

Donate to CureZone

Share:  Facebook  MySpace  Digg  Reddit  StumbleUpon  Furl this page  Delicious  BlinkList  dzone  Simpy.com  Fark.com  BlogMarks  Wists.com  Google
Translate This Page:

Guest Book - Liver Flush FAQ - News - Link Exchange - Add URL - How To Exchange Links? - About Global Directory

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules - Forum Trolls - Fair use notice

Homepages:  Owen - Wrenn - Maya

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Sponsors - Stats

Copyright 2014  curezone.com

fetched in 0.69 sec at 11/28/2014 12:57:53 AM, requested by 54.83.82.191, referred by http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=662860 , requested 1 pages during this session, y=3