CureZone
Old Format -> CureZone.INFO
Re: vesicles~ watery "pimples"~ potassium/sodium balance?
Forum: Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team

• The smell of fluoride - detoxing fluoride   vermicella   7y
    • Vermicella, ... I have a spot with open skin ...   pattiecake   7y
    • Re: vesicles~ watery "pimples"~ potassium/sod...   RR wombat   7y  
      This is my avatar. Click here to see my profile.
      wombat
      Re: vesicles~ watery "pimples"~ potassium/sodium balance?
      PM     email
      Date: 9/9/2007 10:05:50 AM   ( 7y ago )
      Hits:   8845   Size: 3993 char.   Status:       RR [Message recommended by a moderator!]
      Already alerted!   Already alerted!
      ~warning~ a lot of conjecture here, possible bad Science alert...*just trying to figure it out* :) I'm wondering if the large amounts of sodium we're taking in is affecting this balance...I hope Newport chimes in on this one, he brought this up quite some time ago. I also hope LNdolls chimes in as she is now using potassium chloride, wonder if that's affected the makeup of her "zits"?

"I very offen have spots with open skin. Sharp egdes, watery center."

~ I've had this, so have others. Something that looks like a zit, but only watery fluid comes out....soooo.....this is what they are:

http://www.cvm.okstate.edu/instruction/mm_curr/dermatology/glossary.htm

"A vesicle is a well demarcated elevation of the superficial layers of the skin less than 1 cm in diameter. The skin elevation is due to accumulation of intercellular fluid beneath the roof of the vesicle. The fluid is usually serum or an inflammatory exudate. Vesicles as seen in viral diseases, irritant contact dermatitis and autoimmune disorders are often superficial; therefore the vesicles are often transient, with crusting and erosions common."

Cells are permeable, this is governed by osmotic pressure:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A686766

and what controls the osmotic pressure? Potassium/sodium balance. & many other factors, including insulin levels, blood pH, a hormone produced by the adrenals, aldosterone

on potassium/sodium balance(this link has to do with body-building, I thought it was a good, clear explanation, though):

http://chemo.net/sodium-.htm

"Sodium is the primary positively charged ion in extra-cellular fluid. Sodium
      regulates blood volume, acid-base balance, muscle and nerve function and
      ATP-hydrolyzing activity in skeletal muscle. Potassium is the primary
      positively charged ion in intracellular fluid. Potassium regulates intra-muscular
      fluid levels, muscle and nerve function and ATP-hydrolyzing activity in skeletal
      muscle.

As you can see, sodium and potassium perform very similar functions with the
      major difference being in the intra and extra-cellular fluid regulation. Most
      everyone is aware that sodium has an effect on subcutaneous (under the skin)
      fluid retention. Potassium has its effect on fluid inside the muscle cell. What
      most don’t realize is that these two minerals are constantly striving for
      equilibrium. When one gets out of line with the other your system will strive to
      adjust to the underlying situation.

When you cut your sodium intake, your body will quickly compensate by
      holding more sodium in and releasing potassium out thereby decreasing fluid
      inside the muscle cell. When you increase your sodium intake your body will
      compensate by holding more potassium in (increasing intra-muscular fluid) and
      increasing the excretion of sodium.

Sodium, potassium and the balance between the two can have a prominent
      impact on muscle size and anabolism (increased cellular fluid inside the muscle
      cell promotes an anabolic response in muscle tissue) as well as strength
      through increase joint leverage. Also, elevated sodium and potassium levels
      will tend to prevent soft tissue injuries so common in heavy training.

...Sodium and potassium are regulated by aldosterone. Aldosterone is produced
      in the adrenal cortex. Steroids have a direct influence on the adrenal cortex
      which also produces cortisol and other glucocorticoids..."

and everything you could ever want to know about potassium balance:

http://www.uhmc.sunysb.edu/internalmed/nephro/webpages/Part_D.htm

? :)

Your reply:
      Reply   CK  FCK  MCE
      Printer-friendly version of this page
      Email this message to a friend
      Bookmark this page/Add to Favorites or press Ctrl+D
      Alert Webmaster & Moderators
      Already alerted!  Already alerted!
      How do you feel about this message?     Like     Dislike       Hide this question

Attributes associated with this message:

You can PM     email

Find & Order All Messages Posted by wombat
      by
      DISCLAIMER
    • Re: The smell of fluoride - detoxing fluoride   jfh   7y

Donate to CureZone

Share:  Facebook  MySpace  Digg  Reddit  StumbleUpon  Furl this page  Delicious  BlinkList  dzone  Simpy.com  Fark.com  BlogMarks  Wists.com  Google

Translate This Page:

French    German    Spain    Italian    Dutch    Russian    Portuguese    Japanese    Korean    Arabic    Chinese Simplified

Guest Book - Liver Flush FAQ - News - Link Exchange - Add URL - How To Exchange Links? - About Global Directory

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules - Forum Trolls - Fair use notice

Homepages:  Owen - Wrenn - Maya

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Sponsors - Stats

Copyright 2014  curezone.com

fetched in 0.17 sec at 10/31/2014 11:33:53 AM, requested by 174.129.92.127, referred by http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=960354 , requested 1 pages during this session, y=2