CureZone.com   Educating Instead of Medicating Like CureZone website on Facebook
Home > Forums7943 visitors online now Add To Favorites Log On    Join/Sign Up    User Finder   Inbox New

Re: I知 growing more MOLD than WHEATGRASS!!!

Forum: Wheatgrass
  Home
   Forums
      Wheatgrass, Barleygrass & Superfoods Forum
Search CureZone:

• I知 growing more MOLD than WHEATGRASS!!!   minnie90   8y
    • ok when i first started growing wheatgrass i was getting lo...   Holographic   8y
      This is NOT my avatar. This is just randomly assigned image, until I upload my own avatar. Click here to see my profile.
      Holographic
      Re: I知 growing more MOLD than WHEATGRASS!!!
      PM Holographic
      Date: 4/28/2006 1:07:33 PM   ( 8y ago )
      Hits:   28861   Size: 4247 char.  
      URL:   http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=98776
      Bad Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This BAD Message   Good Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
      ok when i first started growing wheatgrass i was getting lots of mold just like you, i was also getting poor yield from my grass, by that i mean i wasnt getting much juice from the grass. I have now found a solution to both problems which works extremely well for me. i now never get mold and i get lots of juice from my wheatgrass. this is exactly what i do -

1 - i weigh about 250 - 300g of wheatgrass seed (now i am using barelygrass seed because i prefer the taste)

2 - i transfer the seeds to a stainless steel saucepan and cover with filtered water and leave overnight, very important you use filtered water not just tap water. (i am now experimenting with soaking the seeds longer rather than just overnight, to get better germination results and to use less seeds as they expand more when soaked longer)

3 - once the seeds have been soaked overnight i take the seeds and transfer them to a drainer, which is basically something with small holes in it that i can use to rinse my seeds. i rinse the seeds under tap water and full pressure for a few minutes making sure they recieve a good wash.

4 - now my seeds are ready i get my seed tray and the first thing i do is line the bottom with 2 kitchen paper towels to stop the soil falling out the bottom of the holes in the tray

5 - I now add soil to the tray and also used green and white tea leaves (optional). I fill the soil about 3/4 the way up the tray not to the top. Pat down the soil with the back of your hand or fingers so that the soil is smooth and even.

6 - Now here is what i think has helped me the most. I spread the seeds that i have just washed over the soil in a thin layer, its better if they dont overlap but if they do it doesnt matter, Just make it look like a carpet of seeds covering the soil.

What i used to do was cover the seeds with soil, i find this is not good. Instead all i do is water gently the seeds, just enough to wet them and the soil, dont over soak. Take the tray and cover it so the seeds remain dark. I just put a sheet of newspaper over the top of the tray.

7 - It is best to keep the seeds wet while they are germinating, so every day or every 2 days you can give the seeds a bit of water, just enough to keep them wet, do not soak.

8 - Within 2 or 3 days you will see that they are begining to sprout, keep watering and keep the newspaper on top. Soon they will grow tall and lift the top of the newspaper up. When they do this you can put them out in the sun. I put them on my windowsill in my bedroom. This is good because as they are growing they give off lots of fresh oxygen and act as natural air filters.

This is VERY IMPORTANT - i have found that to avoid mold and get the best yield you need to water from the bottom and not the top when you put them in the sun. To do this i use a 'gravel tray' which is basically a tray without holes that i put under my tray, you can use this or baking tray, anything that will fit under your wheatgrass tray and act as a water reservior.
      plastic tray would be better

Now if you were to look at the bottom of your tray when you first put it on the windowsill you will see that there are roots starting to emerge from the holes at the bottom of the tray. When you first put your tray in the sun fill up your gravel tray with filtered water. Do not fill this tray before you put your wheatgrass out in the sun.

You will find that within a few hours your wheatgrass has used up all of this water which has been soaked into the soil and by the roots. Fill up this tray every 2 days with water. I have found that wheatgrass is very thirsty and requires alot of water. but when you water from the top you get lots of mold. if you let the wheatgrass soak up the water it wants by itself the very top remains dry so you dont get mold.

this also makes watering ALOT easier, because when the wheatgrass has grown quite tall watering it all becomes difficult. with a water tray you can just fill it up every 2 days and the wheatgrass will be very juicy when you juice it because it has taken up the water it needs. you will see how quickly it uses up this water and if hot it will use it even faster.

this method has helped me very much, i hope it will help you too.
      Reply to This Message   Post a Reply to this message by using a plain text editor  Post a Reply to this message by using an advanced HTML text processor called CK Editor  Post a Reply to this message by using an advanced HTML text processor called FCK Editor  Post a Reply to this message by using an advanced HTML text processor called Tiny MCE Editor
      Printer-friendly version of this page
      Email this message to a friend
      Bookmark this page/Add to Favorites or press Ctrl+D
      Alert Webmaster & Moderators
      Bad Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This BAD Message  Good Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
      How do you feel about this message?     Like     Dislike       Hide this question

4 readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?
      How do you feel about this message?     Like     Dislike       Hide this question

Find & Order All Messages Posted by Holographic
      by
      DISCLAIMER Information available on this page and on CureZone is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for the advice provided by a healthcare professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on CureZone for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing any medication or other treatment. Answers, comments and opinions provided on CureZone are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. CureZone does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in messages, comments or articles on CureZone. Your use of this website indicates your agreement to these terms and those published here. Read more ...
      Medianet Ads
    • Re: I知 growing more MOLD than WHEATGRASS!!!   jennyjenny   6y

Medianet Ads

Selected Ads from CureZone Sponsors: Become a Sponsor

VIP

All Natural Oxy-Powder
Buy Direct. Same or Next Day Shipping. Rated Best Colon Cleansing Prod...
I regained my life!
I no longer worry about having Herpes outbreaks
High Blood Pressure?
3 easy exercises drop blood pressure below 120/80 as soon as today

PLAT

Did you poop today?
All natural constipation relief!
Tools, Tools, Tools!
Tools for Healing is specialized in alternative medicine devices of all ...

GOLD

Proven medical anti-diabetic benefits
Electrolyzed drinking water significantly reduces blood...
Proven Candida Diet
The Only Legitimate Diet for Treating Candida in 30 Days
Rose Laurel OPC Capsules
15% Off With Curezone Discount Code Of Lr001
Proven Parasite Diet
The Only Legitimate Diet for Destroying Parasites in 30 Days or Less

GOLD

Royal Tea
祢 saw results almost immediately, losing 52 pounds between September and December....
Alkaline Ionized Water
Are there health benefits? What are people reporting?
Get 5% off Right Now!
Get 5% off anything in our homeopathic health store using the coupon co...
Natural Cancer Remedies

SILVER

Lugol痴 Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow痴ョ Lugol痴 Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.
Bad Breath Tests
Bad Breath Tests, how to test bad breath
Life Technology
Transformational Technology For Mind Body And Soul.
Oasis Advanced Wellness
Premium natural health supplements including intraMAX superior organi...

Back To Top How many people click on the sponsord links? Become a Sponsor

Donate to CureZone

Share:  Facebook  MySpace  Digg  Reddit  StumbleUpon  Furl this page  Delicious  BlinkList  dzone  Simpy.com  Fark.com  BlogMarks  Wists.com  Google

Translate This Page:

French    German    Spain    Italian    Dutch    Russian    Portuguese    Japanese    Korean    Arabic    Chinese Simplified

Guest Book - Liver Flush FAQ - News - Link Exchange - Add URL - How To Exchange Links? - About Global Directory

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules - Forum Trolls - Fair use notice

Staff's pages:  Owen - Wrenn - Maya

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Donors - Stats

Copyright 2014  curezone.com

fetched in 0.38 sec at 4/18/2014 8:58:40 PM, requested by 54.204.66.38, referred by http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=98776 , requested 1 pages during this session, y=2