CureZone.com   Educating Instead of Medicating Like CureZone website on Facebook
Home > Forums-4153 visitors online now Add To Favorites Log On    Join/Sign Up    User Finder   Inbox New
The Best Favorites

Newsletter:

Search:
Forums BLogs FAQ Images Health Diseases Diet Foods Cleanse Convert

Expanded All Messages [2166] , Sorted by Value Source: IUD Malfunctions Forum

Read This First:  Success  Educational  Failed  Warning  BSA  RN  ALL R  ~BSA  ~RN  RRR  Image Embedded  Video Embedded Audio Embedded   Images   Description   Books   Rules
 148,663 page views     2,179 messages     393 topics     14 pages
Post New Message  Post new topic message to this forum by using a plain text editor  Post new topic message to this forum by using advanced HTML text editor called FCK  Post new topic message to this forum by using advanced HTML text editor called Tiny MCE 

Original Layout     Add To Favorites!
Last Message
3mo ago
Search:   Top 300
Forum: IUD Malfunctions     All Forums 

All Messages [2166] , Sorted by Value   Back To Standard Forum View

Like IUD Malfunctions Forum on Facebook.com
Forum Pages
1  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 14  
  • Mirena IUD Side Effects by MM1960  4y   11,089  Ü C Ü   BSA WARNING

I feel so angry and sad reading what all of these women are going through, most certainly caused by the Mirena IUD. I am a 50 year old female attorney who is very fit and normal weight. After the birth of my youngest daughter when I was 42 years old, my OBGYN talked me into using the Mirena IUD for birth control. ... ... I thought it was great, because I basically stopped having periods. I also started having many other side-effects, but did not initially attribute them to the Mirena IUD (I sure wish I had done my research before having it inserted). ... ... Only after almost seven years of Z ...   [retrieve this message]

• Mirena IUD Side Effects by turtlemom95  11y   67,457  Ü C Ü   BSA WARNING

I was wondering if anyone has had similar problems with the Mirena IUD that I have experienced. ... ... I had the IUD inserted on May 23, 2003. It is now 3 months after the insertion. ... ... I went back to the doctor on June 20 to have it checked (their normal practice.) At that time all, appeared fine. The only complaint I had on that 1 month check up was bleeding. ... ... Well, here I am 2 months later (total 3 months) and I am still bleeding much more than expected. I cannot even ascertain when my last period was. I have probably had about 3 weeks of no bleeding in the entire time. This is not ...   [retrieve this message]

• My Mirena Hell....and what I'm doing by ProudMomma  4y   1,622  Ü C Ü   RN SUCCESS

(My Mirena storyóWhat I finally posted on forums) ... ... Hey ladies, ... ... Iím finally writing all of this down because I know how desperately Iíve been looking for any sort of answer regarding what in the WORLD is happening to my body due to the Mirena. I apologize in advance for the long post, but I figure it may give some woman out there some information that she is searching for. If not, at least it is just one more post to show the world that we are not crazy here. We are very sick...and we are desperately trying to get better. ... ... I was actually one of those women who had the Mirena put i ...   [retrieve this message]

• My Mirena nightmare... by imajika  6y   88,414  Ü C Ü   RN

Hello everyone. I just wanted to share my Mirena horror story with the group. I realize some women might think this is a wonderful form of birth control but it was a nightmare for me. I just wanted to post my story so any woman that is thinking about Mirena can make an informed decision. ... ... In July of 2005, my doctor inserted my Mirena IUD. I have always wanted a tubal ligation but my doctor would not perform the procedure (even though I have known for YEARS that I never wanted to have children). He recommended the Mirena IUD for me instead. He advised that I was a good candidate for it si ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena IUD Side Effects by ceese  9y   25,331   RN

I was experiencing many of the same symptoms. I got mine put in 2 years ago and didnít have most of my most severe symptoms until a couple of months ago. I had it removed on the 3rd of this month. It took a few days but I feel normal again. It didnít hurt at all. It was just like having a tampon removed. Iíve already had a regular period and everything. I told my dr. about the symptoms and these boards. He brushed it off. I really love my dr. but I think they just donít know how widespread this is. If you are having problems and you think it is the IUD by all means my advice is ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena IUD Side Effects by #53543  9y   47,479   RN

Seems strange to be a guy in this site... but frankly merina effects not just the wearer but all who love her as well. My partner has had the iud for just on 10 weeks and while I wont try to tell you I know whats going on insider head (right now she wont even discuss the weather with me), I can clearly speak of how she has turned from a sweet independant career woman/mother/partner to someone I was vaguely considering calling it quits with (until I found this site!!!!). ... ... That may sound strange or even shallow but our life has been hell from a few days after it was fitted. it was like a s ...   [retrieve this message]

• My own Mirena horror story PLS READ! by KTSmith  9y   29,942   RN

I became pregnant with Mirena, miscarried and went in to have Mirena surgically removed since it was embedded in my uterus. It wouldnít come out. I have to undergo a myomectomy/laparotomy and possibly lose my uterus. ... ... Write to Berlex and tell your doctors. They are out to sell, the same as the makers of Dalkon Shield, so of course they will not tell the negatives about this horrible product. ... ... Keshia ... http://www.keshiaskeepsakes.net/Mirena.html   [End]

• Wow! I almost ended my marriage and I see why! by TonyaT11  4y   5,042  Ü C Ü   RR

I can not believe I didnít do my research before getting my Mirena iud put in! I got mine put in around Jan/Feb 2010 and it is now June. I have been going to the same ob/gyn for 10 years and when he said IUD and it lasting 5 years I was all for it, because he knew me....right? I am 26 years old and have two children and a new marriage (1 yr in July) the kids are 6 yrs and 9 months. Since the insertion I have had the following symptoms (from begining to now) which I thought was because of lifes changes. ... ... BLEEDING for 3-4 months straight ... VAGINAL INFECTIONS- chunky discharge, musky smell ( ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: My Mirena nightmare... by madmommy  6y   80,270   RR

I feel for you...  Iím going though hell right now myself.  My doctor thought my first one fell out (or my body "expelled" it) a week after inserted and there were no strings.  She put another one in a few months later. Now I have two, neither of which is in my uterus.  One is floating around in my pelvis and one is somewhere in my right abdomen near my appendix.  Iím having a CT next week and will have surgery sometime later in September.  Know you are not the only one...   [End]

• Re: mirena removal by hailey56  28mo   1,631   R

My daughter had the Mirena for over 2 years, and it now 2 months post removal. She had horrible side effects and was unable to function for a very long time, and suffered horribly. As bad as it can get - thatís how bad it was for her. For the first month after removal her symptoms did not really improve and I was very concerned it wasnít going to, but at the 5 and 6 week mark after removal she got sooo much better all of a sudden. She is still experiencing some symptoms, but overall she is back to her old self. The important thing is to get it out, and donít expect to get better immedi ...   [retrieve this message]

• The importance of a detox by ProudMomma  30mo   725  Ü C Ü   R

Hi everyone, ... ... I am getting a lot of questions emailed to me regarding the detox, and whether or not it is necessary because the doctor told you that your blood tests were normal, etc. I responded to this below, but I wanted to make sure that it wasnít lost way down there and that you all can see my answer. Here was my response: ... ... You are more than welcome! Iím so glad to hear that you are doing better! Please let me know as you continue with your healing! ... ... In response to the question whether or not the detox is necessary. My answer is a resounding YES! Your body really had nothing ...   [retrieve this message]

• My Mirena Hell....and what I'm doing by ProudMomma  4y   10,421  Ü C Ü   R

Hey ladies, ... ... Iím finally writing all of this down because I know how desperately Iíve been looking for any sort of answer regarding what in the WORLD is happening to my body due to the Mirena. I apologize in advance for the long post, but I figure it may give some woman out there some information that she is searching for. If not, at least it is just one more post to show the world that we are not crazy here. We are very sick...and we are desperately trying to get better. ... ... I was actually one of those women who had the Mirena put in after the birth of my first child and had no proble ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Problems and serious side effects with IUD Mirena! by madjenta28  5y   4,123   R

HI there i have never used a blog sight before but i feel i owe it to all women who are considering a merina to tell my story. ... Please be carefull before you get one in your body.i am getting mine removed tomorrow and its the best decision i have made in my life. ... In the past 12 months i have had non stop bleeding,pain,dizziness,depression,lack of sex drive and have almost left my husband that i have been with for 20 yrs and 2 wonderfull boys,i have been going crazy. ... I have gained 20lbs,i have spent 3 months staving myself to loose it but i keep gaining,i am 36 and for the first time i ha ...   [retrieve this message]

• Pseudotumour Cerebri - Headaches, Vision Loss/Double Vision, Body pain. by Airiin  6y   5,697  Ü C Ü   R

Hi everyone, ... ... I have been recently diagnosed with Pseudotumour cerebri and have been on the Mirena IUD for a year now. ... ... Iím wondering if anyone else has been diagnosed with this while on Mirena, or have had some of the same - if not all of the symptoms I have had. ... ... Pseudotumour cerebri is a condition where your body cannot absorb cerebrospinal fluid properly, it then builds up in your brain/skull causing pressure on your entire body and all itís vital organs. ... ... The symptoms are all the same as if youíd have a brain tumour: ... ... Headaches (Unbearable - beyond Migranes) ... Vision Loss ... Do ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena to self pull or not to self pull? by Kabel  7y   25,325   R

i do understand your frustration at both the mirena and the medical profession, and i know it seems like you are between a rock and a hard place right now, but please do not attempt to pull out the iud - if it IS embedded you can do untold damage to yourself if you attempt to move it yourself. ... I would insist on them taking it out - tell them you are not prepared to wait, you want it out at the first available appointment date, full stop! - to keep it in against your will, surely must be a violation of your human rights?? And would amount to physical abuse. Throw that at them and see them ...   [retrieve this message]

• 6 months post removal and not feeling so great by Bass81  5y   2,436  Ü C Ü  

Hey there, ... ... I am six months post removal and just finished my 5th post-removal period. Yikes! Iím glad that I am ovulating, and know that with every period my body is getting well, but ever since getting Mirena removed, my periods have been really heavy and painful, seem to last forever, and the PMS has been ridiculous! ... ... Anyways, feeling pretty frustrated. Things were going really well until right before this period. Not sure if itís the hormones or something I ate, but my IBS returned with a vengeance a couple weeks before this period and hasnít really improved. Which means Iím consta ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: they can't get it out!!! by beterraba  5y   1,192  

thanks. they arenít taking it out during the ultrasound, iím going for that at 9, then to the doctor later in the morning, and sheís going to look at the US and decide whatís next. I just donít want it to be like the insertion! but i guess if thatís how itís going to be, and itíll be OUT, that ok! ... ... just curious about otherís experience. i just hope i get it out and feel better!   [End]

• they can't get it out!!! by #116874  5y   1,587  Ü C Ü  

i went in friday to see a new practitioner, who was super sweet and really helpful. she attempted to find my strings with the pap smear swab thingy and with the iud hook, with no luck!!! she is sending me monday for ANOTHER ultrasound and then to see a physician in the practice about the next step. ... ... she said the doctor might be more aggressive and go up further with the hook, or the ultrasound might indicate i need to have it surgically removed. ... ... can the ultrasound show it is embedded or stuck or something? Iím freaked!   [End]

• Re: My Mirena nightmare... (update: photos) by imajika  6y   85,343  

As requested, here are a few of the pictures of my punctured uterus due to a Mirena IUD. PLEASE do not look at these pictures if you are sensitive. They are surgery photos and you can clearly see the íarmsí of the Mirena IUD sticking all the way out of my uterus on both sides. ... ... The yellow ímucousí you see in the photos had to be surgically removed by my doctor. My body was attempting to protect my other organs from being damaged so it created this ímucousí in an attempt to protect me. ... ... Here is a link to the photos: ... ... ...   [End]

• Re: Bipolar and Mirena-Should I swtich to Paragard? by deannaB  6y   3,582  

hope_this_helps, several years ago I suffered from severe anxiety and panic attacks. Even though my disorder is different than yours, my disorder was absolutely dormant until after I had Mirena put in. ... ... I had Mirena inserted in September 07 and within 3 weeks of having it I suffered from a MAJOR panic attack and after that I never really felt like I was here. Like my head was in the clouds or even in a box. I couldnít grasp the fact that I was actually in existence when it all felt like a dream (these were just a couple of my symptoms....my list goes on and on - you can learn about my ...   [retrieve this message]

• If they say it's not the IUD... by mom2donny  6y   2,210  Ü C Ü  

I donít know why itís never occurred to me to mention this before, but for those of you who have gone to your doctor with your complaints of side-effects or are now seeing doctors for the same reason, only to be told that the Mirena is not the cause, go to the mirena website. Click on ĒPhysician InformationĒ to read the pamphlet printed for the doctors who put these IUDís in. Besides listing all our most common side-effects under the more severe adverse reactions, there are also many of us for which this device would be contraindicated. Those with history of ectopic pregnancies, severe men ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena causing thyroid problems? by Kabel  7y   2,115  

hi, we have had quite a few women on here over the last few pages who have had thyroid type symptoms, hair loss, lack of energy etc. some have had it even get worse since mirena came out, so i do think there is some link between thyroid and mirena and that maybe the chemical in mirena mucks up some peopleís systems in the long term - there has been no official testing, to my knowledge, of what effects mirena has on thyroid, but there are too many people who have similar things happen for it to be coincidence, i feel. the light headedness is a definate side effect of mirena, as is the lack ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena IUD Side Effects by tatertots3  7y   23,547  

I have had my mirena since Feb 2005. I have had a lot of the symptoms everyone else has/had. I donít so much have mood swings and I have had only 1 10 day bleeding episode the whole time. Since insertion I have had horrible abdominal pain that I have been to the ER for about 10 times. The strings on my mirena can be felt but they seem to get longer and shorter with each month. They do nothing but try to give me painkillers and send me home. I know something is wrong but no one will listen. I have been to my doctor 6 times to have it removed but like some of the others she refuses to take i ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Need some advice! by 2and2  7y   992  

Well, I can tell you that I got pregnant two months after I had mine removed. It was a big suprize. As far as a period, I started with a true period about two to three weeks after removal. I passed two HUGE clots then everything was normal. I think my uterus was just cleansing itself. Iím sorry I canít help you more.   [End]

• Re: Mirena IUD- Possible class action lawsuit- please stop by - ALL MY S... by chandra5130  8y   24,040  

Ok, this time I took the time to list everything so I donít leave anything out. Here it is in a nutshell: my problems during the 90 days on Mirena... ... ... WEIGHT GAIN ... ACNE ... HAIR LOSS ... HAIR GAIN (ON MY FRIGGIN CHIN!!!) ... HEADACHES ... MOOD SWINGS (HAPPY ONE SEC THEN CRYING OR ANGRY THE NEXT) ... FITS OF ABSOLUTE RAGE ... INCREASED APPETITE (EATING LIKE A PREGNANT PERSON) ... FATIQUE (SO TIRED ALL THE TIME...DIDNíT WANT TO DO ANYTHING...DIDNíT WANT TO GET OUT OF BED, DIDNíT WANT TO TAKE CARE OF MY BABY...is this a sign of depression) ... BLOATING (one waitress even asked me when my baby was due!!!) ... FORGETF ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena IUD Side Effects by jaclali2  9y   24,867  

I have had the Mirena IUD for 2 years. At first I did not have any side effects that were noticeable. In the last 8 months or so I have experienced bloating, weight gain, fatigue, and major skin problems on my face and back. The symptoms are progressively getting worse. I work out 5-6 days a week and have a good diet, but this does not help. I simply feel awefull. I have had several tests done and my doctor can find nothing wrong. I have been trying to research Mirena side effects, but canít seem to find any official information that confirms what I am feeling. I canít help but bel ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena IUD Side Effects by tideb  10y   24,005  

Funny I never made the connection with the itching. I had the mirena inserted back in 2/02. Iíve really nothing to complain about. I used to have really heavy and long periods and now nothing more than a panty shield. Got to love it, but not knowing when its coming is another thing. Iíve also had lots of discharge which is a pain. But the itching, I thought somehow I had gotten jock itch. Now Iím gonna have to go see the dr. I was too embarrassed to say anything, about the itch. Only thing that has been scaring me is that, I keep feeling a flutter in my stomach just below my belly b ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena IUD Side Effects : wow so I'm not wrong by #14087  10y   24,695  

Hi there, ... ... I have had the Mirena IUD for a little over a year now. I have been thinking of having it removed because of various side effects. So, I came here for some info on side effects that you donít hear from your doctor. My periods are very random. Then in between periods I get this very yellow discharge. As someone stated oral sex has been out of the question because I never know what I might be excreting at any given moment. ... My sex drive is very low, next to none, and with busy schedules sex is almost non-existant because Iím never in the mood. I keep getting yeast infections al ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena IUD Side Effects by BarbJ  11y   25,686  

Iím so glad to find Iím not crazy! Iíve had the ... Mirena IUD for about a year. Had very long periods for about 2 months, and they were only about 2 weeks apart. Then it slowed quite a lot, until now I donít get them at all. Which isnít the problem, (donít really miss them,lol.) The problem is I have NO sex drive. NONE. My husband is starting to feel unattractive, even tho I tell him heís just as cute(he is too!). I just donít want to have sex. ... Seems like whatís the point of wearing an IUD if we hardly ever do it anyway. I read up on this IUD before to find out specifically if thi ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena IUD Side Effects by rileysmomma  9y   23,817  

I had the mirena put in 3 mo ago and have been uncomfortable about since. At first I had heavy bleeding for 2mo straight! I was changing the super tampon almost every 30min to an hour! Not only was the bleeding bad but I also had really bad cramping and backaches, I felt like I was in labor all over again. Iíve also had REALLY bad nausea and dizziness, I had to take a pregnancy test just to make sure because with my son I felt the same...nausea day and night. I just made an appointment to have it removed and I know that theyíre going to try and convince me that I should keep it in and that ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Do these symptoms sound like a Mirena issue? by jlh0422  5d   193  

I wanted to also add that low libido and depression/anxiety could definitely be related!! Iíve struggled tremendously with all of these.   [End]

• Re: Do these symptoms sound like a Mirena issue? by jlh0422  5d   69  

Hi there, ... ... I think it could be related. Prior to being on mirena I would occasionally experience some back pain while ovulating. After the mirena was in I experienced some significant back pain on and off. I would take ibuprofen but it seemed to just come and go as it pleased. Nothing really caused it. ... ... After having mirena out I have experienced numerous other issues. Including some GI stuff...they found that my gall bladder had a lower ejection fraction however concluded that it wasnít so low that it needed removed and in the grand scheme of things I had other GI issues that may have ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena hell: does it cause stress/urge incontinence? by GlacialHealth  6d   254  

Wow, Jenny, Iím so sorry to hear about these problems. I almost considered a Mirena - it was being pushed by my OBGYN as a safe, easy thing. Reading these posts make me glad I held off! ... ... The progesterone cream is a good suggestion. You may also want to check out Pomegranate Healthís BalancePom which uses pomegranate extracts (fruit, seed oil and skin) to help restore hormonal balance. Iíve heard itís helped many women dealing with birth control induced hormonal issues: ... ... http://www.pomegranatehealth.com/Hormonal-Balance_c_9.html ... ... Also, I drink a lot of nettle tea in the spring. Itís n ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Water Rentention/side effects after Mirena removal? by glebron  9d   349  

Iíve had mine Mirena out for 5 months now and I have gain so much weight in my stomach and my face is getting so fat, I had it remove so I can have another baby and Iím not having any luck. I am very upset about...what do I do   [End]

• Do these symptoms sound like a Mirena issue? by bkem  14d   361  Ü C Ü  

I had twins 13 months ago and had a Mirena inserted at my 6 week follow-up appointment. Initially, I had no issues, other than ones that Iíve also had on other BC (lack of drive, little bit of depression). Iíve struggled to lose weight even when eating fairly healthy, but Iím also in my 30s now, so maybe thatís all just normal or maybe a thyroid issue. ... ... Hereís what Iím really concerned about. In the last 5-6 weeks, Iíve had fairly significant lower abdominal pain and some back pain. Often it just feels like an ache, but at other times it gets painful enough that I need to take Advi ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Water Rentention/side effects after Mirena removal? by kc89  20d   420  

Any update on this? ... Did your bloating ever go away?   [End]

• Re: Could Mirena IUD cause M.S. multiple Sclerosis by SLucy  31d   302  

I havenít looked into this but I just had a fairly major episode of psychosis which I fully attribute to the Mirena IUD; while MS is generally considered a ímedicalí issue there is some debate as to whether it is better classified as a mental health disorder and the diagnosis between bi-polar disorder and MS is often confused (with individuals being initially diagnosed with bi-polar and later reassessed as having MS). I was diagnosed as bi-polar II, 3 years ago so I should not have been so stupid as to realize the IUD was a terrible idea for me but i didnít think it through. ... ... Anyway i ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena IUD & repeat cervical abnormalities... by Kawaii22  59d   2,813  

I just got tested a couple months ago. I am 23 and may have cervical cancer now. I am terrified. I have the IUD as well. I have had it since I was 20. I have no kids or anything.   [End]

• Re: 2 months post Mirena, still itching all over by Aminicolee  60d   833  

Google autoimmune progesterone dermatitis ...   [End]

• Re: Could Mirena IUD cause M.S. multiple Sclerosis by disneygal  60d   601  

I canít answer about whether it causes MS, but I can certainly say it does seem to cause symptoms that mimic it. Tongue tingling was one of my symptoms that drove me to the doctor. My PCP immediately sent me for a brain scan, but fortunately there were no lesions and a follow-up visit with specialists determined that my symptoms were not clustering enough to suggest MS. ... ... It is terribly scary, though. I hope you can have the Mirena removed ASAP. I have had lingering side effects, but nowhere near what I encountered toward the end when I had it in. Good luck   [End]

• Re: Could Mirena IUD cause M.S. multiple Sclerosis by nile  63d   905  

I know a lot of us have been tested for MS (myself included) because of the similarities, and at least one had brain lesions, but I canít remember anyone on this board who actually got diagnosed with MS. All the symptoms you describe are Mirena symptoms - you need to get it removed ASAP! And recovery may take a while. You definitely want to get tested for MS however, to hopefully rule it out. Many have had low Vitamin D levels and Thyroid, and many get their hormone levels tested as well. You might try some of the private Facebook groups, there are a lot of women on there you could as ...   [retrieve this message]

• Could Mirena IUD cause M.S. multiple Sclerosis by kimberenee82  65d   850  Ü C Ü  

I had my first IUD placed back in October. I have been spotting or bleeding since but thought that was somewhat normal. then recently in the past month I feel my life has been turned upside down. I started having strange numbing tingling in my left foot and toes. then it moved to my left arm, hands and fingers. I also had a lot of joint pain (more than normal- have had joint pain for several years) I had a sore neck, and I felt like i had knots all over my back. so I went to the doctor and to a chiropractor. the chiropractor thought I should see a neurologist - thought I might have somethi ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: My update--lesions found by mirena77  69d   213  

• Re: My Mirena nightmare... by greengirl0117  74d   9,208  

did you also have some sort of a buring sensation on the side that was bothering you... i have most of the same symptoms you have and now i have a burning sensation on that side... have and appt in the morning. but of coarse after reading this i am starting to worry if i should go to the er.... ...   [End]

• Re: Pseudotumour Cerebri - Headaches, Vision Loss/Double Vision, Body pa... by Ohhsocrazy8987  3mo   566  

This may as well have been me writing this. I am 28, had mirena put in late sep. after my second baby. It has caused me nothing but horrible problems!!!! I had the same vision problems and symptoms you described plus some. I had it taken out in Dec. and the headaches almost immediately went away. The vision problems remain. The eye pain, still here. Not as fatigued but itís been over a month and it effects my day to day very much. I used to be super mom, and now I can hardly manage to get everything (basic things) done. My MRI is scheduled for tomorrow, and theyíve been doing a lot of blo ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Pseudotumour Cerebri - Headaches, Vision Loss/Double Vision, Body pa... by Carolinewood10  3mo   646  

Hi, I am 28 and had the mirena put in in September 2013, after my second baby was born. I started having neuropathy in my extremities, which eventually spread all over. I have experienced numbness throughout and changes in my vision. I have been to a neurologist and had an MRI of the brain to rule out MS. So far, nothing abnormal has shown up. I can barely work and it is difficult to take care of my children due to the immense fatigue, eye pain, headaches, and nausea that I feel constantly. I plan to have the IUD out soon. Hopefully the symptoms will subside. We should educate other woman ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Seriously confused Depression was serious! by stephakaannie  3mo   3,327  

thank you so much i thought i was alone and was so scared that the weight gain and acne would stay i am contacting to have mine out asap as my gp has told me it has now started to poison my blood i feel awful always in pain and felt so alone   [End]

• Re: Vitamin D by Semenske0928  5mo   654  

I am so surprise to read all of these things on the mirena , I recently started to have symptoms of depression, anxiety, weight gain. I thought I was pregnant and I wasnít abdominal severe pain and back pain. And I still have the mirena and threw all the tests I have had I got in the mail of my test results that I have vitamin d deviancy. And I am reading that some women have it after the mirena? As I am doing my research I have the mirena still inside me and finding this all out. I had the mirena twice I am only 27 scared out of my mind. And as I am feeling all the thoughts going threw my ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Gas mask to help protect from indoor environmental air toxins/allerg... by bevraf  5mo   344  

gas mask might help but not always, it can at least protect you from toxic smell and dusts. you have to clean your surroundings too, frequent vacuuming especially the carpets and dusts around.do you use air purifier? it might help in filtering dusts and kills bacteria around.   [End]

• Re: My Mirena nightmare... by BCTalk  6mo   24,605  

Iím so sorry to hear this happened to you. Youíre definitely not alone. I manage the Birth Control Talk Facebook group, and I have spoken to many other women who have experienced similar problems and needed surgery to locate/remove their IUD from somewhere in their bodies. Itís an awful device that needs to be removed from the market. If you or anyone else in this thread is interested, I would love to see you stop by, share your experience, and spread the word about the serious risks of IUD perforation and migration. There are a lot of Mirena users on our page who have questions and concer ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena removed almost 2 months ago. Advice needed, please by Krsaek8386  6mo   1,201  

Hello, ... ... I just want to thank you for telling me your story about the mirena. It always makes me feel better knowing I am not the only one who suffered this way when I got the mirena. It has ruined my life and now I am determined to find a way to get my life back. I had the worst depression, panic attacks, hair loss, weight loss, exhaustion, dizziness and I thought I was going crazy. I simply just did not understand how after two months of being on mirena would it make me not able to function for two months. Luckily I had my boyfriend help me and my friends and family. I just wanted to ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: My Mirena nightmare... (update: photos) by Krsaek8386  7mo   30,861  

I just donít understand why they have the mirena on the market. It is just disgusting that women do not know the side effects it has on some women. I am now on meds because it caused me panic attacks and depression and now I will have to move in with Dad because of lack of funds. I could not function for two months and I now could see why women wanted to kill themselves.   [End]

• Re: My Mirena nightmare... by laurenashl  7mo   31,346  

I wouId like to see pictuers. I fear that mine is embedding it was horribly painful when I got it inserted. I also never had children and want my tubes tied but they recommend this instead. I switched over from the depo to this about a month ago, and at times I have horrible pain in my uterus almost like a pinching. You can send them or reply in an e-mail since I donít really know how to use this site in my phone.   [End]

• Gas mask to help protect from indoor environmental air toxins/allergies? by #139029  7mo   537  Ü C Ü  

i suffer from alot of allergies and i also believe i may have molds in my home, in addition to other environmental toxins like dusts and etc. one particular room smells musty and it seems dangerous. i have no ability to fix the root of the problem but i was wondering what anyone might think of a band-aid solution to using a gas mask? lol... ... ... it sounds ridiculous i guess, but i noticed gas masks are super cheap. like 10 bucks on ebay for a variety of types. i always get sick when the heater comes on. it makes me nauseus and sometimes i cannot even sleep. since the winter months are c ...   [retrieve this message]

• mirena wierd side effect or not by wiccacinderflame  7mo   640  Ü C Ü  

ok i gt the mirena 2 weeks ago and i am bleedng it started right after i had sex and my fiance said he could feel the dtrings we had sex later and he said it was ok he could handle it but yesterday we had sex and everytime he entered me he was ok then suddendly he would lose it its been going on for 2 days now is it a wierd side effect of the mirena or his antibiotic anyone have this problem please let me know cause its ruining our sex life   [End]

• Re: My Mirena is lost inside me, not in my uterus by tvproducer  7mo   1,861  

Hello, ... ... I am a TV producer working on a story about problems with the Mirena IUD. I am wondering if you would be willing to share your story to help warn others about the potential problems with this device. ... ... Iím so sorry about the suffering you have endured. ... ... I would love to hear from you. ... ... Elsie Nolan ... 617-787-7352 ... etnolan@wbztv.com ... ...   [End]

• Re: My Mirena Hell....and what I'm doing by llanarth  10mo   3,571  

I have mild epilepsy, and I rarely (once or twice a year) if ever had a seizure. I began to have weekly seizures with this IUD which I have had taken out now. My heart beat is still heavy, although the adrenaline rushes which you have described have now gone though I believe I have severe hormone imbalances which I hope will get better with the various supplements I am taking. It is awful to read about the problems and time it takes for people to get better.   [End]

• Re: Scared and need advise- Mirena symptoms??? by llanarth  10mo   759  

No, youíre not crazy. Yes, it is probably Mirena related. ... ... With the Mirena, I have had seizures, anxiety, adrenal problems...Iíve had it removed for a week, and just had my period....Iíve never been so happy. My advice is to get it removed pronto, it really isnít worth the health risks-I wish I had had it removed sooner!   [End]

• Re: Scared and need advise- Mirena symptoms??? by cynthleal  10mo   768  

OK Iím glad to hear that you a little better. Yes this is nuts :(. I got to go to bed now but I will check here tomorrow to see if you need something. I hope you have a better day tomorrow.   [End]

• Re: Scared and need advise- Mirena symptoms??? by cynthleal  10mo   756  

Aww Iím sorry I wish I could help you more, I know how terrible you feel but please dont give up you need to stay positive although your body tells you the opposite. If it helps when i was at my worst with the anxiety and panic attacks, I took a benadryl because i felt like i was going crazy. It helped. I also started taking supplements to help with the anxiety. Try to drink lots of water, camomille teas, and if you can detox do that too. Avoid all kinds of sodas, coffee, alcohol, excessive sugar and if possible, do a vegetable only diet to help your body detox from all the toxins from m ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Scared and need advise- Mirena symptoms??? by Hamin123  10mo   745  

Thank you. Iím starting to believe it is IUD. Today has been much better. Iíve only had a few bouts of anxiety and nothing that I wasnít able to come back from quickly. I am so grateful for the support and advise here and Facebook. Iím glad you are doing better too. This is nuts!   [End]

• Re: Scared and need advise- Mirena symptoms??? by happyfamily6  10mo   803  

I agree with EVERYTHING Cynthia has said on this thread. She and I have had similar reactions and are both still trying to get well. Like her, I truly thought I was dying when I began to react severely to the IUD. My family thought I was dying. My symptoms were heavily neurological. I was tested right away for MS. I was sure I had either MS, Parkinsons, ALS, or a blend of all of them. Absolutely everything you are experiencing sounds like a typical IUD reaction. When I first found this forum, I started reading old posts and threads especially from women who were having similar kin ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Scared and need advise- Mirena symptoms??? by Hamin123  10mo   779  

Iíve requested to join them all. Thank you again.   [End]

• Re: Scared and need advise- Mirena symptoms??? by Hamin123  10mo   825  

Thank you! Itís 3 am and Iím sitting up crying and spiraling again. Just to know someone hears me helps. I will look for the FB pages now. I am so glad you are feeling relief. Iím struggling to follow the order of these blogs and get frustrated with that too. I am getting help with my boys. I almost want to say the physical symptoms are trailing but this anxiety is awful. Thank you again.   [End]

• Re: Scared and need advise- Mirena symptoms??? by cynthleal  10mo   855  

If you like to check the Facebook groups. one is called: BAN mirena IUD, Mirena (Levonova) Side Effects & Injuries, Women with Mirena IUD Side Effects Support Group. I hope this helps and if you have any more question let me know. You wil find me too on the FB groups if you decide to join.   [End]

• Re: Scared and need advise- Mirena symptoms??? by cynthleal  10mo   1,053  

I would say that it definitely is mirena related, and Iím not surprised at all that your Dr tells you that your symptoms are not related to the IUD because that was what I was told for 4 years and I blindly believe them until my health went down the drain and I started searching for answers. I thought I was dying and felt hopeless but thanks to this group and many and others I found out that mirena was killing me slowly. I like you never had any health problems until I months after i got my forst mirena. I started having small but weird symptoms that i didnt pay much attention to until I s ...   [retrieve this message]

• Scared and need advise- Mirena symptoms??? by Hamin123  10mo   1,428  Ü C Ü  

I think I have a hormone imbalance causing issues due to the mirena. I got it in march and didnít begin to believe anything was wrong untill a few days ago. When I got it I had a solid period for 3 months w just a random day here or there . My doctor told me heavy was normal and would get better. About 3 wks ago the bleeding stopped. Last week I started feeling tingles and numbness on my left side at 10 days after the bleeding stopped. I worried and scheduled w my pcp. She examined and said I checked out neurotically but could do a ct scan on a slight chance something wrong. I will have th ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Any success stories? Recovering from Mirena IUD, depression, anxiety... by karlozz  11mo   1,529  

you feel free to consult your doctor as well, but for this I am using kratom that help me a lot.   [End]

• Re: Mirena Horror Story by happyfamily6  11mo   941  

There are no words I can say. I am in tears. I am so sorry. ... ... With love, ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Mirena IUD & repeat cervical abnormalities... by pvan32  11mo   12,062  

Hi I am new to this forum so glad to have read this.I am a mother of 2 kids had my IUD inserted 3 yeras ago. It has been ok with the side effects that normally are said until mid last year. I havenít got periods for over 2 years now. May be some spotting sometimes but thatís it. I have been experiencing bleeding after sex sometimes. It also hurts during sex in some positions. Do I need to be worried the sympyoms that I am having are scaring me. ... ... I have been wanting to get my IUD out for a while now. Last doc I saw she couldnt find the IUD and sent me for a scan. Reports show it was in ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena Horror Story by thebrokenrecordmachine  11mo   955  

I am so sorry for your loss. I hate hearing stories like this. This happened to my friend on the Paragard. Nothing good comes out of any BC. I hope you are doing well and please take care of yourself. ... I wish you the best of luck, health and happiness!   [End]

• Re: Am I the only one?!! by mzflyy22  11mo   832  

i have the same thing going on too i thought i was the only one   [End]

• Re: Mirena Horror Story by CLEW  11mo   934  

You poor thing, what an awful lot to go through... Iíve never heard not one good thing about Mirena! And how could they miss the fact you didnít even need it! ... ...   [End]

• Re: Mirena Horror Story by sd2345  11mo   1,042  

Iím so sorry for your loss. I canít imagine the pain you must feel. Someday you will hold her again.   [End]

• Mirena Horror Story by #171958  11mo   2,114  Ü C Ü  

I wasnít feeling well and didnít understand why. I do know that my periods were about 17 days apart and definitely not normal so i went to 3 different doctors for help. The first sent me away because at the time was without insurance and it would have cost too much money to do the testing they needed, mind you, not even offering a pregnancy test. The second couldnít get me in for 3 weeks. The third doctor i went to sent me to a larger hospital for a couple different ultrasounds. They guessed it was a cyst on my ovary finally bursting. Due to the diagnosis and because my periods were not no ...   [retrieve this message]

• mirena iud removal advice by msdevious  11mo   1,076  Ü C Ü  

Yup, im riding the hossey to the mountains folks! Went shopping for food and... well I bought more lettuce lol... and im so content! Forgot to add that I smudged the house and car, just in case yo ...   [End]

• Re: Mirena removed almost 2 months ago. Advice needed, please by Fizzlestick  11mo   1,889  

Hi I wrote a long mail about menstrual problems and recovery from Mirena to another poster. You didnít say your age, but if youíre over 40, you may have palpitations etc due to peri menopause onset. ... ... The palpitations I had were severe when I had the Mirena removed. I was breathless and my abdomen had swollen, I was depressed, low, anxious and lethargic, brain in a fog with sensitivity to light and migrane feeling. When I had it taken out, I did feel better, but the low mood persisted and lack of energy. My body was sort of in the habit of being inactive and feeling cra**y. ... ... Fish oil s ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena removed almost 2 months ago. Advice needed, please by Fizzlestick  11mo   1,870  

I feel very sorry for you. Doctors seem to be pawing around in the dark and that Mirena is causing some women dreadful suffering. I donít know if you had the dirty smelly light bloody discharge for the time you had the Mirena in, but I had, it was not something I could live with. I also had all the symptoms you had, lying on the couch, thinking I was going nuts, go out for a walk, breathless walking and feeling like a very old woman. Seriously it was terrifying and all the gloomy thoughts. Iím not exactly Pollyanna, but this was ridiculous. I cannot believe ladies are expected to go throug ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: My Mirena nightmare... (update: photos) by fluffycakes101  11mo   51,757  

i would liketo see the photos please   [End]

• Re: Am I the only one?!! by proudmama6106  12mo   1,024  

Oh, I do have other symptoms; however I wasnít sure if they were Mirena related or not. For instance, I have chronic headaches which I thought was because of my eyes, so I went to the eye doctors and got glasses and they havenít helped. Also, I have problems with my hip, knees, and ankles, anxiety (which I have NEVER had before), major mood swings, false pregnancy symptoms, unable to lose weight, foggy almost disoriented brain and the list goes on...but the brown bleeding has me feeling like it could have expelled thru my cervix and into my adominal wall or something. After having rrad eve ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Am I the only one?!! by cynthleal  12mo   976  

Hmmm If I was you after seeing all the horror stories here I would run and get it removed. Mirena can damage your health like you dont imagine, If I was you I would run and get it removed. You are lucky to not have other symptoms Yet.   [End]

• Re: Am I the only one?!! by cynthleal  12mo   1,058  

Hmmm If I was you after seeing all the horror stories here I would run and get it removed. Mirena can damage your health like you dont imagine, If I was you I would run and get it removed.   [End]

• Am I the only one?!! by proudmama6106  12mo   1,526  Ü C Ü  

I had the mirena inserted 6 weeks post partum and have had it now for right at 9 months. I bled heavy to spotting for about 6 weeks after insertion. Since then, I have had my regular period every month until about 4 months ago. I started having a normal period which lasted approx. a week and then a week AFTER my period, I bleed this dark brown sometimes black looking blood for about a week. Has anyone else experienced this?? Should I be concerned??!!   [End]

• Re: Vitamin D "issues" by PocketLady  12mo   1,265  

I had my Mirena removed nearly 18 months ago and have had Candida (yeast) issues ever since. When I had blood tests done my Vitamin D came back very low and I was advised to start supplementing. I did for a few days and initially felt better - my mood in particular. But then all my symptoms started to get worse so I stopped supplementing. It turns out Candida steals all your vitamin d in order to build itís cell walls. Also can cause many of the issues post-Mirena sufferers seem to have. ... ... Check out my story: ... ... http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=2053367   [End]

• Re: Liver Flush by Kellyc180  13mo   1,588  

After looking it up I am very scared to try it. ... ... I had undiagnosed agonising stomach pain and food poisoning symptoms last summer and has left me on a very ísafeí diet in order to avoid being in pain like that again. ... ... I donít think I can handle the physical and emotional stress of a liver flush after the pain I was in last year :-S   [End]

• Re: Liver Flush by Kellyc180  13mo   1,541  

I shall do some research and give it a go. ... ... Thank you for your advice :)   [End]

• Liver Flush by White Shark  13mo   1,686  

One thing left to do: ... ... Liver Flush ... ... Liver helps our body flush excdess hormones. All your symptoms point to hormonal imballance. You need to flush your liver at least 6 times (every 2 - 3 weeks.) ... ... White Shark   [End]

• Re: Any success stories? Recovering from Mirena IUD, depression, anxiety... by Kellyc180  13mo   1,915  

Hi Whiteshark ... ... Thank you for your reply. I am already on a diet given to me by a naturopath, itís no wheat, dairy, caffeine, alcohol, excess sugar, salt and fat. I am sticking to this along side drinking chamomile tea, fish oil, magnesium and pantothenic acid sups. ... ... The reason why I feel so rubbish is because I am doing everything I am being told to do but still have episodes of debilitating depression and anxietyv- this is so far from my normal self! ... ... I also am starting counselling again and having acupuncture, I will try anything to get over this, itís horrible and I donít want to ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena IUD Side Effects by Kellyc180  13mo   4,310  

How long did it take for you to feel normal again?   [End]

• Re: Any success stories? Recovering from Mirena IUD, depression, anxiety... by White Shark  13mo   1,995  

What is your diet like? ... ... Eliminating from your diet processed sugar, alcohol, vinegar and food additives like preservatives, artificial colors, and making sure food you eat is made from scratch so you really know what you are eating can be of a great help for eliminating symptoms of depression, anxiety and any other mental and emotional imbalance. ... ... Another thing that can help a lot is to cleanse your liver and your bowel. You can read about it on the liver flush forum and bowel cleanse forum. ... ... To locate success stories, click on the Ē RN Ē and Ē BSA Ē links at the top of every for ...   [retrieve this message]

• Any success stories? Recovering from Mirena IUD, depression, anxiety and... by Kellyc180  13mo   2,577  Ü C Ü  

I have posted another topic on this forum and had lots of responses, thank you very much, I appreciate everyoneís feedback very much. ... ... My anxiety and depression after a mirena removal (2 months ago) has been through the roof. To the point where I feel like I donít love my partner! When I know deep down I do, and when I feel normal and happy I am so in love with him. ... ... I have never had anxiety or depression before having the Mirena. ... ... I need someone to tell me that they have recovered from the Mirena anxiety and depression, and give me some time frames and advice. Please ... ... I feel like ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena removed almost 2 months ago. Advice needed, please by Ganae8  13mo   2,407  

The end of June 2013 will mark my 2 year anniversary of having the Mirena(Devil) removed. I donít come on here very often but I like to check in and share my experiences with others who are suffering at the hands of this stupid device. I would love to say Iím 100% but sadly I still suffer from bad days but luckily now it is usually before or during my period. As I read peoples posts month after month, I swear it sounds like I could have written them, yours included. I too suffered from horrible debilitating anxiety/panic attacks and at first I thought I was dying because I never had them p ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena removed almost 2 months ago. Advice needed, please by SB1108  13mo   2,233  

ĒMy belief is that there Iisalways an answer for ill health and that masking it does NOTHING.Ē ... ... You are so right! I completely agree!!!   [End]

• Re: Mirena removed almost 2 months ago. Advice needed, please by Kellyc180  13mo   2,229  

Hi ... ... Thank you everyone for your input, there are lots of thing on here I am going to try - fingers crossed. ... ... I really hope it doesnít take too long to recover as I have been ill for such a long time and the fact that I have no answers makes my anxiety and depression 100 times worse! ... ... I am starting to feel like maybe I donít love my boyfriend and I think the reason behind this is that I have nothing else to blame my depression and anxiety on since having it removed! I really am always trying to find an answer and cure because I feel so unlike myself. ... ... I am scared I am going to break ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena removed almost 2 months ago. Advice needed, please by SB1108  13mo   2,292  

Nile - I definitely wish the ladies in the Mirena forum would give this a shot because the side effect of the Mirena and the Paragard are so similar and I know this has helped me substantially (notice I didnít say ĒcuredĒ). But I just wish that someone with the Mirena side effects would be the guinea pig and give it a chance. Especially everyone that talks about their anxiety... because that was one of my main complaints.   [End]

• Re: Mirena removed almost 2 months ago. Advice needed, please by SB1108  13mo   2,283  

I hope you find acupuncture more useful than I found it. I went for about six sessions but I did not notice any improvements. ... ... I started detoxing about a year ago. I started feeling better at about the 8 month mark. Months 1-6 were absolutely terrible. I felt much worse from the amount of detox that the supplements caused me. In full disclosure... Iím not 100% better but I went from bedridden to almost normal.. Id say about 70% normal. So thats impressive, I think! ... ... Do you take the B vitamins in their active form? Methylcobalamin, Methyltetrahydrofolate, and Pyridoxal-5-phosphate?   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena removed almost 2 months ago. Advice needed, please by nile  13mo   2,324  

SB1108, I find Dr Myhill article interesting - especially the part where they talk about symptoms while detoxing. I can identify with most of these symptoms (although Iíve been feeling better lately, but I still have blah days). Often I would feel like I had the flu, without the sore throat and fever. Maybe the symptoms Iíve been feeling are from my body detoxing itself! Although I wonder how long a body needs to detox Mirena. Itís been a long time for me. ... ... ... ... The following reported symptoms, also gathered from various PWCs trying this simplified treatment approach, are those that ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena removed almost 2 months ago. Advice needed, please by Kellyc180  13mo   2,308  

Thank you for your reply and all that information, I really appreciate it. ... ... I am taking e supplements you suggested already and have been for 3 weeks now, I have seen some good results definitely, the hot flashes, sweats, heat intolerance, have gone and the panic attacks are getting a little bit better. ... ... I am seeing a therapist on Tuesday to talk about so e issues that seem to arise when I feel depressed around ovulation and during period, in hope that the depression wonít be as bad if I canít dwell on issues. ... ... The panic attacks now only happen when I wake up from a bad dream, and th ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena removed almost 2 months ago. Advice needed, please by SB1108  13mo   2,414  

I never had Mirena, but I had the copper IUD/paragard. I personally think the side effects of the two are almost identical. ... http://www.mothering.com/community/t/916122/copper-iud-and-side-effects ... ... I developed every symptom you listed, except for sensitivity to heat. I had sensitivity to cold. ... ... Iíve been trying to detox the copper from the IUD with a various assortment of supplements but Iíve realized that the protocol that I am using to detox the copper is very similar to the protocol they recommend to unblock the Methylation cycle. The methylation cycle is important for detoxificati ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena removed almost 2 months ago. Advice needed, please by thebrokenrecordmachine  13mo   2,340  

Hi Kelly, ... ... Yes I like that idea of giving each other updates. I think it will be beneficial/therapeutic. It seems like we are one day apart in terms of having our Mirena removed,m ine was on Jan 24th. ... I have only had one cycle so far I think I am due to have one sometime in the begining of April. I have PCOS so my cycles can be erratic. But I did notice before my period that I had major anxiety and hot flashes. ... I have read that usually the anxiety is worsened around ovulation and period time, lucky for us lol! ... But I have charted down my cycle so far, I think I recently ovulated bu ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: 9 Weeks post Mirena Removal and Sever Panic Attacks by thebrokenrecordmachine  13mo   1,194  

Hi Cynthia, ... Thanks for your insight. Because I had the IUD for almost the full 5 years, I have a feeling it will take me longer to recover. There are some moments through out the day, where I think ĒWow I feel normalĒ. And Night time rolls around and its maddening. ... I called Bayer yesterday and reported my symptoms. ... Apparently nervousness was reported in 1% of those on Mirena so it is listed as a side effect. ... Who I blame for giving me this awful thing, is my former OBGYN who is male. He said that ĒMirena is what they use for BC.Ē Wish someone would have explained the side effects. ... Bec ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena removed almost 2 months ago. Advice needed, please by Kellyc180  13mo   3,208  

Thank you for your message, I am glad you are finally feeling better. ... ... I had the Mirena when I was 17 and had no problems at all! I had it put in at 23 and its has ruined me. The depression and anxiety is unbearable at times. ... ... I am hoping some counselling will help me relax and make my recovery a bit more bearable as I wake up every morning thinking about it, that continued through to bed-time. Even forcing myself to go to work doesnít distract my mind enough. ... ... When I have an episode I feel like I am going mental as it is so out of my control. How did you deal with your symptoms? ... ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena removed almost 2 months ago. Advice needed, please by happyfamily6  13mo   2,435  

I have no doubt the Mirena can do to someone what itís done to you (both of you)! My symptoms were a bit different (anxiety was mild but I had most of the symptoms of MS), and my hormones were considered ĒfineĒ by my Dr. I had several hundreds of dollars of lab work done, plus a brain MRI, and it was all normal. I was a mess for many months, almost incapacitated and in bed much of the time for the first year, but I felt definitely better every year. I am 3 1/2 years post-removal and doing much better. Many people less time to recover. ... ... There is a huge array of symptoms that can c ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: 9 Weeks post Mirena Removal and Sever Panic Attacks by cynthleal  13mo   1,056  

Iím sorry to hear your story. Iíve been there and to be honest, it took me quite a long time to see improvement but everyone is different. I know of others that took them a few weeks, months and others like me that for some reason had taken us longer. I wish I could help you more. I also took and did so many things to try to improve this but it seems like only time can repair the damage that this evil thing has caused on our bodies. Not sure if you are interested in this but Iím trying acupuncture an it seems to be helping a little bit with the anxiety. ... ... I hope you get better soon ... Cy ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena removed almost 2 months ago. Advice needed, please by Kellyc180  13mo   2,574  

Thank you for your reply. ... ... it is a very difficult thing to go through, and I hope it starts to clear up for the both of us. I think it would be a good idea to keep in touch to give each other progress reports and support to get through it. ... ... Have you noticed a cycle with your symptoms and ovulation, and during/before your period? ... ... I have found that doing a diary of my symptoms has helped me establish a pattern between hormone fluctuations and my anxiety/depression. ... ... I agree with you, keeping busy seems to be the best method, however sometimes the depression and anxiety overwhelms me ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena removed almost 2 months ago. Advice needed, please by thebrokenrecordmachine  13mo   2,566  

Hi Kelly, ... Everything you explained above is what I am currently going thru. I am 2 months post removal and yes the mirena does consume,my mind as well. It is hard for it not too. ... We go thru periods of feeling normal to feeling panicky/anxiety ridden(that is what happens to me anyways). ... From my research so far,the levongestrel is the same hormone found in the Norplant Implant(which was recalled and taken off the shelves in the US mid 90ís and again in 2001 under the name,Jadelle: Women were complaining of anxiety and also,it ruptured their reproductive organs). ... I also read online, ...   [retrieve this message]

• Mirena removed almost 2 months ago. Advice needed, please by Kellyc180  13mo   3,388  Ü C Ü  

I will try to make this as short as possible, I really need some positive or at least accurate advice with regards to the Mirena and hormones. ... ... I have had a laparoscopy for endometriosis 3 times, each time it was treated. the most recent laparoscopy was on 25th August 2012, it was then that I had the Mirena inserted. ... ... Summer 2012 I was getting random dizzy spells that doctors couldnít give me answers for, this caused stress as I was off work for 3 months with dizziness, fuzzy head, fatigue and worry. At this time I was on Microgynon 30. I then had laparoscopy and Mirena was fitted, as ...   [retrieve this message]

• 9 Weeks post Mirena Removal and Severe Panic Attacks by thebrokenrecordmachine  13mo   1,328  Ü C Ü  

Hello, ... I had my Mirena in for just over 4 years.In October of 2012, I started to get Anxiety Attacks. I didnt know where this was coming from, I tried the Gluten Free Diet, Vitamin B12, smoking(even though Im not a smoker) anything to get rid of this chronic nervousness. I did some research and came to find that Mirena, has to be the culprit. ... The Drs dont believe you. I have heart palpitations. ... Anyays, I got it removed jan 24th 2013 and im still dealing with this panic. Yesterday I was up at 11:30pm then again at 337am. I cant calm myself down and I feel like Im going to die. It is sca ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Vitamin D "issues" by hailey56  13mo   1,434  

Wow this was very interesting. Thank you all so much for sharing. My daughter continues to struggle a year and a half post mirena removal. Her main symptoms continue to be life altering, she still suffers from extreme fatigue, brain fog, neuropathy pain and numbness and burning sensations in legs, arms, hands and feet, migraines, vision problems, sleep difficulty and anxiety. I am sure I am forgetting some others! Well I remembered her Doctor saying her vitamin d was low months ago but he never told her to take supplements or anything or told us the number. She does take multivitamins an ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: just had mirena removed today by happyfamily6  13mo   1,450  

Good for you! Keep us updated. ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: just had mirena removed today by cynthleal  13mo   1,470  

Iím glad to hear everything went well and that you are feeling better.   [End]

• Re: just had mirena removed today by yvonne31  13mo   1,466  

Hey so just wanted to update. I had the Mirena removed fri 3/1 today is 3/5 i actually went down a pants size!!! I am down 3 lbs. I noticed when i wash my hair nothing is coming out. I also have not had a headache. I must say i did feel so lost buying femine products and canít believe what they have today! So many diff choices. lol. I feel like a new women. My Doctor did give me a hard time about the weight gain and basically said i need to stop being lazy. So i just changed the subject and said we wanted to have another baby. Its a sick healthcare world out there. I swear she wasnít going ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: just had mirena removed today by luvmykidz  13mo   1,588  

Thanks! Good luck to you. I have 100+ pounds to lose.   [End]

• Re: 2 months post Mirena, still itching all over by Djsimpsonblog  13mo   2,470  

PM Momma630, what have you done for the itching and have you been diagnosed with CU, like me? Itís an auto immune disease(I know triggered by Mirena) in which I am allergic to my own sweat/yeast they believe. I get hot, then start itching. Itís awful and Iím still dealing with it. I donít know what to do. My worst itching is during ovulation...do you see a trend with yours?   [End]

• Re: Vitamin D "issues" by Djsimpsonblog  13mo   1,427  

I took the 50,000 units pill once a week for 8 weeks and loved it. You can back and read all my posts, but I havenít felt as good since I got off the vitamins D prescription. I take 2000 units a day now off and on. I feel better the days I take it. We are so low on vitamin D because of Mirena, that we NEED an extra D supplement and because we are so low, I think it would take a lot to make us sick.   [End]

• Re: just had mirena removed today by yvonne31  14mo   1,576  

Iím so happy for you that you had it removed. I go tomorrow to get it removed. I recently have had health problems. G1 Problems. Iíve also gained a lot of weight in 3 yrs. I went from 150lbs to 200lbs. I look preganant. Iíve tried every diet out there. Nothing worked. I do blame it on the mirena. I recently did a whole body cleanse and it did get rid of my bloating. Now, iím doing a parasite cleanse and wouldnít believe the stuff that is inside of you. Iím hoping that this is the start to my weightloss. Espcially once it comes out tom. I wish you the best of luck and better health.   [End]

• just had mirena removed today by luvmykidz  14mo   2,344  Ü C Ü  

I had my mirena placed August 2008, 12 weeks after my first child. I have had health problems my whole life and had terrible reactions to other birth control before conceiving my daughter. I was so happy to get the mirena, since pills and the ring were no longer options. However, I have had illness after illness, spent a majority of the last four years on antibiotics, steroids, and all kinds of other meds for various and sundry things, all weird, but explainable. However, my husband and I decided to have it removed after gaining 50 lbs. in the last few weeks, yes weeks!!! And yes, 50- f ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: My Mirena Hell....and what I'm doing by sawsem  14mo   4,846  

I just wanted to briefly share that I believe I have been suffering from seizures due to the mirena Iud. I had my first Iud inserted in Dec 2007. I accidentally pulled that out about dec 2009 and had a new one inserted in jan 2010. I had a grand mal seizure in my sleep in March 2010. I started have what I refer to as episodes of confusion throughout the year and 2011. I was put on seizure meds in September 2011 due to the episodes. This seemed to stop everything but then I had a grand mal dec 2011 and a few more grand mals as well as breakthrough episodes. I went off the meds 6/28 because ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Seizure and Mirena IUD by sawsem  14mo   1,113  

I just had 2 more grand mal seizures on 2/20 and got my first period since having the IUD removed on 2/22. I decided to start taking Keppra because I just canít handle having these seizures.   [End]

• Re: Seizure and Mirena IUD by sawsem  14mo   1,048  

I just had 2 grand mals on 2/20 and just got my first period since being off the Mirena on 2/22. I decided to start on a seizure medication for now because I just canít take having grand mal seizrues.   [End]

• Re: Vitamin D "issues" by happyfamily6  14mo   1,410  

I do have some issues with numbness, but not really connected to that searing pain. In fact, it usually hits me in the evening when Iím in bed or sleeping. It has awakened me before. Last night was fine though, so Iíll take things a day at a time :) ... ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Vitamin D "issues" by cynthleal  14mo   1,403  

OH you know I for got to mention that I just had my yearly physical and I asked the Dr to re-check my ANA and again itís negative, but with the specialist keeps coming back positive. I dont know why or what in the world is going on. Both of the labs are known to be good labs. Last year my Vit-D was 68.3 and at that time I was taking beween 6000-8000 IUís, and now that Iím only taking 4000 Iím @ 43.0.   [End]

• Re: Vitamin D "issues" by cynthleal  14mo   1,406  

Omg Diana, I do get that pain but only on my big toe only and I noticed that it gets worse when I walk or Iím on my feet for a while. They also feel numb but I can still feel the pain. ... ... Do your toes feel numb too?   [End]

• Re: Mirena removal - 15 days by happyfamily6  14mo   903  

Good question. I really have no idea. It might be best to use another form of control for a few months to be very sure you donít conceive right away. The IUD can cause some severe hormonal imbalances. Not a good way to start a pregnancy even if you did want to conceive right away (which you said you donít, of course). Maybe use condoms for a couple weeks before you try to remove it to be really sure? Iím sure someone else can give you a better answer than this :) ... ... At any rate, Iím glad to hear you are having it out. What issues are you having? ... ... Take care, ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Vitamin D "issues" by happyfamily6  14mo   1,429  

Interesting link, Cynthia. Sometimes I start increasing my dosage when Iím feeling worse with my symptoms, but sometimes it seems to aggravate things . I canít always tell. I had my levels checked last summer, at the END of the summer when I had a nice tan after being in the sun frequently. I had also been supplementing with 2,000 IUs a day. I was worried that I was too high, with all that sun exposure as well. My levels were only 35. They were 32 before with no sun and no real supplements. So, with all that work, I only was able to raise them up 3 points. I would be more aggressiv ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena removal - 15 days by vbp90  14mo   876  

I know this is a bit off subject, but Im having issues since Ive gotten IUD in 2010 after my first born. Im 22 now, and ready to get it out, I read on here women take them out on their own. But in some cases women get pregnant when they take their mirena out. I want to take mine out {try to take it out on my own} But I do not want to get preggers immediately Does anyone know how long you should wait after having sex before taking out your IUD??   [End]

• Re: Vitamin D "issues" by cynthleal  14mo   1,490  

I hope it works now. ... ... http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/06/28/if-you-choose-to-take-oral-vitamin-d-how-much-should-you-take.aspx   [End]

• Re: Vitamin D "issues" by cynthleal  14mo   1,470  

Not sure if you were taking the Vit D3 but for what I heard is the best. I use Carlson and i started taking 6000 iu 3 years ago. Now that my level is @optimal I take 2000 or 4000 somedays depending if i been around sick people. The Article below may help you a little bit with info about Vict D3. ... ... Iím glad to hear that youíre doing so much better. ... ... ... http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/06/28/if-you-choose-to-take-oral-vitamin-d-how-much-should-you-take.as   [End]

• Re: Vitamin D "issues" by nile  14mo   1,500  

Low Vit D levels seem to be a common theme for us. I had low levels, and am taking 2000 in the morning and 2000 in the evening. I have almost gotten my levels to optimal. Will probably have it checked again in a few months. I just ran across this article the other day, which is concerning, that the levels on the bottle arenít always accurate. Maybe you could try switching brands for a few months and see if it helps? ... ... http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/02/11/vitamin-d-supplement-labeling/1909603/   [End]

• Re: Vitamin D "issues" by nomirena  14mo   1,493  

My vitamin D level was round 25 when I had it checked post Mirena just over two years ago. I took 2000 a day and got it up to 32. I went up to about 5000 a day and got my level up to 42. As I understand, 50 is optimum. My Dr sent me for a bone scan after my first test and I was very close to osteopenia in the femor neck...spelling ? It took an adjustment for me to go from 2000 to 5000, I canít imagine taking 100k without tapering on to it. I will also have to take it the rest of my life. My Dr says to go out in the sun for fifteen minutes a day, the dermatologist says not too. Who ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Vitamin D "issues" by illysmanx  14mo   1,555  

I use 5,000 iu/day without an issue, with a little magnesium. ... ... When your blood levels of vitamin D3 wonít change, some CoQ10 or Ubiquinol will help the intestines absorb it- itís a little-known cofactor. ... ... Also, always take your D3 together with a meal with some sort of fats. If your stomach goes runny when ingesting fats, you need a little niacin with your meals (less than 100 mgs, non-deposit tablets).   [End]

• Vitamin D "issues" by ProudMomma  14mo   1,938  Ü C Ü  

Hey everyone. I just wanted to post an update for everyone. ... ... Let me begin by saying that I am almost 2 1/2 years post Mirena, and I am doing far better than I once was. Iím not at 100%....I may never be....but I am much better. I can only pray that I continue to improve. ... ... Hereís my latest experience. I had about four months where I was feeling great, and then, in October, I had a relapse of some sort that lasted about 10 days. It wasnít as bad as those crashes that you have in that first year to year and a half, but it was still scary. Had a hard time thinking, my hands wouldnít ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Seizure and Mirena IUD by chirontherainbowbridge  14mo   1,311  

I am past the need for birth control, but this one sounds especially horrific. Please do post again, further on, and update with your condition, for those who are younger. ... ... ... In keep wondering why we donít practise, globally I mean, something sane--like birth control using the intuitive faculties. These have been so denied, deplored and dismissed for way too long. But I think a change is coming. If people get off drugs and fluoride, the poisons in food,and start to really be able to function, great potential from within will start coming íonlineí again. Birth control then, according to o ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Seizure and Mirena IUD by cynthleal  14mo   1,156  

Wow, do you have any other symptoms?   [End]

• Seizure and Mirena IUD by sawsem  14mo   1,371  Ü C Ü  

I had my IUD inserted in December of 07. After accidentally pulling it out in December of 09 I had one reinserted in January 2010. I had my first seizure in March í10 while sleeping. After that I had a series of ĒblackoutsĒ basically i would start talking about things unrelated to the conversation I was having. I ended up on seizure meds (Lamictal) in September of 2011. Things seemed to be getting better but then I started having grand mals. I had 1 December 2011 and then some more in May 2012 and finally 1 in June 2012. I stopped taking the seizure medication. The grand mals went ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena and Lupus by nile  14mo   2,687  

Hi, you may want to private message her, since the thread is 32 months old. But even though the doctors will say Mirena is not the issue, she should INSIST on getting it removed. So many women have had issues with it, it would make sense to remove that variable that is most likely the cause. Iím sure by now youíve looked around enough to realize all the issues women have been having with it. If you want feedback from a larger group of women, I would suggest joining the Facebook group ĒBAN Mirena IUDĒ or ĒWomen with Mirena IUD Side Effects Support GroupĒ. There are a LOT of women on th ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena and Lupus by fairsjk  14mo   2,468  

Hi Jane123 just wanting to know your experience with the Mirena. My wife is a lupus sufferer and has had 4 flares since the implant in October. Could be a coincidence but wanting to make sure. She is in hospital now. ...   [End]

• Re: 2 months post Mirena, still itching all over by Djsimpsonblog  14mo   2,588  

I am almost 4 months post Mirena now and been through hell trying to figure out why I am itching. To give everyone an update: Iíve been to a dermatologist, allergist, gynecologist, and general doctor trying to figure this out. All my blood work including,, hormones and antibodies (to check for lupus) have all came out normal and on paper, I am extremely healthy. The only thing low is my vitamin D levels. I can tell you being on a vitamin D supplement DOES help! I hear all Mirena users post removal are vitamin D deficient! Thanks Mirena! ... ... However, I was finally diagnosed today. I have an ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena removal - 15 days by nomirena  14mo   1,088  

It seems like most people feel a little relief and then the crash comes around 4-7 days. I had just about the same symptoms as you after removal. It took a few months but with each cycle I had relief. I chose not to add any more hormones into the mix. ... ... Hope you are feeling better !   [End]

• Mirena removal - 15 days by mirenafightr  15mo   1,820  Ü C Ü  

I got mirena 5 years ago as of last August. I just had my first child, I was married, and my doctor suggested mirena. All I was told was itís great! No daily routine to remember, low dosages of horomones, no weight gain, no other issues thanks to the low doses of horomones. I canít really recall when my issues started.... I took up smoking not long after giving birth-I said due to stress of being a young mom. I gained weight significantly-Iím hypothyroid and Iíd had a baby recently. I had issues sleeping-normal stress, or maybe too much cafeine. I had mood swings/anxiety/irritibity-again s ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: mirena and hair loss???? help by nile  15mo   10,334  

Hi Jlittlestorm, ... I happened to notice your post, but since it is an older one, you might get more responses making a new post. Also, there are a couple Facebook pages that have a lot of traffic. ĒBAN Mirena IUDĒ and ĒWomen with Mirena Side Effects Support GroupĒ are two private ones that are my faves. Iím sure youíve searched around and noticed that MANY women have the same issue you did with Mirena. I am thankful that this was a side effect I didnít have (had many others). I just saw a post by someone on BAN Mirena IUD on FB that stated the following: ... ĒI am not posting this to se ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: mirena and hair loss???? help by jlittlestorm  15mo   10,273  

I haved experienced horrible side effects from the Mirena IUD. I am angry with myself that it took so long to figure out that it was this little 2 inch piece of plastic that was ruining my life. As far as hair loss, I have lost probably 2/3 of my hair. It is extremly noticable and very embarassing. I try everything to hide it without damaging it even more. As soon as I realized it was the mirena causing me the slew of problems I was dealing with. I had it removed within days. My hair loss has slowed down somewhat but my Dr. told me it would take 3 to 4 weeks for it to be out of my system. ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: 2 months post Mirena, still itching all over by Momma630  15mo   2,655  

I had the mirena put in in August of 2009 after my son was born. I had it in for 4 years. With the last year I started getting the worst problems. I started itching in January 2012 and the cramps they started getting worse with my periods, than with my ovulation cycles and than it was almost everyday. It was out around August or September 2012 and though most of the symptoms are gone, I canít stop itching. ... ... I will never recomened this to anyone.   [End]

• Re: 2 months post Mirena, still itching all over by Momma630  15mo   2,568  

I had the Mirena in 4 years. With the last year it seemed more painful than ever. The cramps were so unbareable. At first if was just with my period than with my period and ovulation cycle than it became almost everyday. The itching started around January 2012 and hasnít been as bad since I no longer have it in but some days are worse than ever. I have to use my Sandy foot scrub at least once a week all over my body and lotion myself everday. It helps but doesnít stop it. Zertec is the only allergy medication that stops the itching. I know longer know what to do. Doctors say that none of t ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Has anyone else experienced these side effects of having the Mirena? by happyfamily6  15mo   1,471  

Strange - Iíve had the knuckle pain with some swelling. Only my left ring finger. It started long before removal and then improved after removal, but recently flared up again. Always that same knuckle. Just one. Weird :)   [End]

• Re: Has anyone else experienced these side effects of having the Mirena? by ravensinger  15mo   1,443  

I canít say Iíve had the lumps. However, the seemingly random joint pain yes! ... ... I had my mirena for 5 years, and upon removal I suddenly had right hip and knee pain, as well as left knuckle pain in ONE knuckle. Itís lasted months. ... ... The most distressing symptom iíve had is constant right sided chest/back pain. Count yourself severely lucky. Iíve had the chest pain for the 4 months since removal with no relief in sight. It seems to feel like a type of musculoskeletal joint issue, except in the ribs. Before anyone asks, itís not costochondritis. Iíve been through the gamete of tests, with ...   [retrieve this message]

• Mirena iud lawsuit by Dest 1992  15mo   604  Ü C Ü  

So ive had an iud in for about 6 months now. I started having pains a month after I got it in. so I finally had ultrasound done and come to fund out that it had embedded itself into my cervix. It was a btch to get out and it was the worst pain ever. She had to numb my vag just so she could yank it out. If she couldnt get it that way I would have gad to take me to the OR.. My question is, can i get a lawsuit out of this?   [End]

• Re: Has anyone else experienced these side effects of having the Mirena? by happyfamily6  15mo   1,743  

Your symptoms sound very Mirena-related. I did not experience the lumps, but did experience most of the others. Honestly, I would say that just about any strange, new health issue that shows up after having the IUD placed could be related to it. If youíre having more than one strange issue, then itís even more likely. ... ... If you were someone Iíd just met, and I learned you had the IUD and did NOT have any problems with it at all, I would still tell you my story and beg you to have it removed. Itís just not worth the gamble. I think every woman on this forum would agree. ... ... Keep posti ...   [retrieve this message]

• Has anyone else experienced these side effects of having the Mirena? by minimog  15mo   2,484  Ü C Ü  

I got Mirena put in sometime in April 2012. I have had no problems with it that I knew of until November. Unfortunate for me it happened on Thanksgiving day. I woke up with bad joint pain in my left knee and my right elbow. I thought it was how I slept so I ignored it. Well days went by and the pain did not go away; in fact, a new symptom came up. ... ... I noticed a lump on my left shin. It was skin colored and felt like a bruise. I called the doctor and made an appointment. During this time, more lumps started appearing on my left leg and even some on my right leg. The doctor thought it was ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: 2 months post Mirena, still itching all over by Djsimpsonblog  16mo   2,766  

Well, I am almost 3 months post Mirena and waiting on my second period next week hopefully. My symptoms have been much better after my first period post removal. However, they are still there, just less faint. Matter of fact better to the point of my husband noticing I hadnít complained about itching or being up all night. ... ... Well it must be time for my period because I am beginning to itching pretty heavily again. I am trying not to freak out, but now the dizziness has come back, so now I am a little worried. I donít want another attack that leads me to another hospital visit. Will keep y ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Anyone tried Sam-e, St.John's Wort or Panicyl? by Mary Anne S.  16mo   1,708  

I am still using panicyl and having great success with it for my anxiety and depression problems. Great stuff.   [End]

• Re: Mirena isn't the only IUD that sickens your body. The Paragard has t... by SB1108  17mo   1,500  

OutofWhack - I am so sorry to hear all the problems you have gone through with the copper IUD. I too had the Paragard in 2008 and have spent a very long time trying to recover from its adverse effects. You can view my post history for more information on what Iíve done. Definitely take a look at these messages that I previously posted on curezone: ... ... http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1964884 ... http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1560510 ... ... More than anything I encourage you to join our yahoo group where we discuss our protocols for detoxing copper: ... ... http://health.groups.yahoo.com/grou ...   [retrieve this message]

• Mirena isn't the only IUD that sickens your body. The Paragard has the s... by Outofwhack  17mo   1,975  Ü C Ü  

I got the Copper IUD after my fifth child in June 2010 and I have not been the same health wise. I just had it removed on Nov 19 2012. I feel like crap. The entire time that I had the IUD I had extremely heavy bleeding for 6 out of the 8 days that I would get my menstruation. On top of that I would get severe headaches that lasted from the time that I would start my menstruation until 5 days into having it. Even if I had any sugar outside of sugar naturally in foods, I would get a massive headache with nausea. Then I had severe hair loss, fatigue, bloating, constipation, dizziness, leg cra ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: 2 months post Mirena, still itching all over by steph19812006  17mo   2,857  

Hi I am curious if you have been tested for progesterone allergy? I was diagnosed last year with being allergic to my own progesterone Caused by MIRENA.http://www.facebook.com/livingwithAutoimmuneProgesteroneDermatitis   [End]

• Re: 2 months post Mirena, still itching all over by Djsimpsonblog  17mo   2,795  

The Epsom salt baths seem to work, but all allergy medicines and cortisone creams donít. Only aloe lotions works to help lock in moisture because there is no alcohol to dry out my skin. When did the itching start and has it gone away? ... ... How long did you have the Mirena in? I seem to think that our symptoms are worse the longer we had it in. I had mine in for about 2 years.   [End]

• Re: 2 months post Mirena, still itching all over by Djsimpsonblog  17mo   2,818  

Thanks for the replies. I definitely think its hormonal, hands down. I have tried all allergy medicines and all kinds of creams from the dermatologist and nothing seems to help. I have now been put on a prescription Vitamin D supplement that seems to be helping and now trying the Epsom salt baths at night before bed. These two things are the only things that help...oh and aloe lotion after the baths and showers. Of all the lotions Iíve tried, it helps the best because there is no alcohol in it. ... ... I also just had my first period since removal, which seems to have take the intensity of the ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: 2 months post Mirena, still itching all over by Warrebe  17mo   2,790  

Iíve had mine removed for about 6 weeks now. I do not have the itching all over or all the time. But every now and then I get the prickly, tingly, itchy feeling in the very middle of my back. Right on my skin. Almost just like an allergy skin prick test. Lasts a few seconds- minute. If it lasted longer than that, Iíd try Benadryl maybe at night time. Then put some cortisone cream on wherever it itches. ... ... Try doing a detox bath to help push the toxins out of your system. Followed by a Benadryl and some cortisone cream. Just make sure not to use an anti histamine and an anti histamine crea ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: 2 months post Mirena, still itching all over by karita  17mo   2,938  

Have you tried any seasonal allergy medication? It has helped me over the last few years and does not make you as sleepy as Benadryl. I do believe itís the hormones trying to even themselves out. I know after I had my last baby I itched for a couple weeks straight. It was definitely hormonal. I hope it goes away soon. ...   [End]

• 2 months post Mirena, still itching all over by Djsimpsonblog  17mo   3,350  Ü C Ü  

I wanted to share my Mirena story and see if anyone else has or had the same issues, especially with the itching. ... ... I had the Mirena placed in November 2010 after the birth of my first child. I experienced some anxiety by December 2010 and dizziness spells by August 2011. However the horrible itching all over my body started in May 2012. I went to allergists and dermatologists and no one could help me. After lots of thought, I discussed it with my husband and he suggested it might be the Mirena, so at my wits end...I had it removed September 2012. Itís been removed for 2 months now and I ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: My update--lesions found by mom22girlz  17mo   1,200  

I also had lesions found. Non-MS. I had my first MRI a couple of years ago where they found 6 lesions. I had another one 6 months later, and then another one at a year. They had not increased. Well, duh, Mirena was removed 3 years ago.   [End]

• Re: My update--lesions found by cindylou37  18mo   1,418  

Hi Proudmomma, ... ... I am almost two years post removal also. My neourologist has done many MRIís on me since all my systoms started and they suspected MS also. My MRIís showed multiple lesions on the brain but they could not tell me for sure if it is MS or not. They are not consistant with where MS patients typically are. However they have not ruled it out. I have been having MRI every year to see if more appear. They have not since having the Mirena removed. I have a total of 11 and im 39. Honestly most of my symtoms have gotten better now and I have stoped going to doctors about the ones I ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: My update--lesions found by JasonMChicago  18mo   1,425  

Consider finding an ĒLLMDĒ Lyme Literate Medical Doctor to see if Lyme may be a culprit. ... ... Please note Lyme tests are not accurate. You need to see a LLMD.   [End]

• Re: Mirena IUD & repeat cervical abnormalities... by Edge1982  18mo   18,340  

So my gf had a mirena IUD put in in may of this year. Before she had to paps done and all came back normal. After 2 weeks having it in we resumed sexua| activity. She would bleed evetytime and after a few weeks it got worse. Her gyno said it was normal for someone that never had kids. So we let it go for a little while. Kept getting worse so she went back in again and they did a pelvic scan and saw what they called an Ēangry bumpĒ. She had it biopsied in 5 areas. 2 weeks later results came back as full blown cancer. She saw a oncologist and he told her the same and had to have a pa ...   [retrieve this message]

• My update--lesions found by ProudMomma  18mo   1,797  Ü C Ü  

Hey all--Here is a link to my update from my MRI results. I just put it in my blog. I would love to hear from anyone who had lesions found on their brain after having their Mirena. They found six on mine (I am 36). They canít confirm or rule out MS at this time, but by what I am reading online, it is only ĒnormalĒ to have 1 lesion per decade of your age...that would only be three for me. Iím double that, and so now Iím worried. ... ... Here are my results, and I would love to hear from anyone who DID have lesions found on their MRI, and what has happened with you so far. ... ... http://www.myli ...   [retrieve this message]

• Three biggest cons against birth control pills and IUD by Me235  18mo   841  Ü C Ü  

The birth control pill, the birth control patch, the IUD and similar birth control products work in three ways: ... ... 1. They can prevent the release of an egg from the ovary (ovulation). However, while using such products, women can and do experience breakthrough ovulation, meaning that an egg is released from the ovary and is available to be fertilized by the sperm. ... ... 2. They also cause the cervical mucus to thicken, making it difficult for the sperm to reach the egg. However, it is still possible for the sperm to break through the mucus and fertilize the egg. ... ... 3. They also change the l ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: mirena and headaches by Venliak  19mo   1,788  

Some head ache may lead to several diseases.So do not neglect in case of head ache. Courchevel Ski School ...   [End]

• Re: Copper and Mirena Similarities by SB1108  19mo   2,773  

I guess Iím not the first person that has thought this... ... ... http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1560510   [End]

• Re: I cant take it anymore!!!!! by happyfamily6  19mo   1,639  

Cynthia, my Dr. said that ANAs can appear and disappear and appear again. A friend of mine with Hashimotoís (autoimmune thyroiditis) says that hers come and go too. I wouldnít worry too much about the ANAs coming and going. Just hang in there and remember youíre not alone - that many others take a longer time to recover. I pray that better times are ahead for you. Keep posting, because I often wonder about you and how youíre doing! ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: I cant take it anymore!!!!! by cynthleal  19mo   1,842  

Wow Diana I cant believe that this is taking so much of our lives. Thank you for making me feel that Iím not alone, because thats exactly how I feel after so long and not seeing the end or much progress. ... I also was having some Ok weeks but this month itís been so hard to the point that some times I fear that I may get back to were I was 3 years ago. Interesting that like you I started getting symptoms that I didnít have since months ago.,why I donít know but itís so stressful to live with the fear of never having my life back. ... ... Diana If Iím not wrong I think you mentioned befor ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: I cant take it anymore!!!!! by happyfamily6  19mo   1,587  

You know Cynthia, even though Iím doing better in general, Iím having an awful month this month. It started with the herb supp I took with wild yam and vitex. I only took it for a couple days, and itís made me feel all weird. Iím going to steer clear of anything that might affect my hormones specifically. Iím feeling achy, like Iím running a fever, strange chills on my scalp today (for the first time since my first year post), horrible restlessness at night, distorted vision, and very spacey. And this is usually the GOOD time of my cycle, after ovulation and not quite to my period yet ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: I cant take it anymore!!!!! by cynthleal  19mo   1,466  

Thank you Diana and Nile. I have not weaned yet. Iím nursing her full time and I eat pretty healthy plus I take very good supplements. My cycle is much closer to normal. I did had some Ok days but itís been like two weeks that I feel like itís getting pretty bad again. Iím so discouraged. ... ... Iím happy for for you that are doing much better, I wish I could say the same thing. Iím so impressed to hear that you guys are running, thatís awesome. I dont know if i will ever be able to do that again but if i can walk without feeling weak or dizzy all the time that will be a blessing. ... ... Thank y ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Celiaís Search for those ďSafeĒ Contraceptives: Pills, IUD or Tubal ... by adamson77  19mo   1,635  

thanks I posted it to my fb page. itís true one little pill can lead any woman down the wrong road. the bc pill even used properly can make a woman choose to fix everything by getting a hysterectomy. the www.hersfoundation.com has shown me a lot. ... ... i canít figure out why the birth control pill takers have lawyer commercials and we donít.   [End]

• Re: I cant take it anymore!!!!! by adamson77  19mo   1,463  

it was kind of sad to read that but you will get better. i tried a few things to see what would make me feel better. i know one symptoms leads to all of them and you feel like you at rock bottom again. you have to remember what makes you feel better. exercise made me feel great i also tried wild yam root capsules also vitex. i just canít trust gyn right now and i donít have one. i know itís been over 7 or 8 years since i had the mirena but for some reason iím mad about it all over again. mirena has screwed up my life and i canít get pregnant. iím highly upset. i finally met the love of my ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: I cant take it anymore!!!!! by happyfamily6  19mo   1,571  

Nile, Iím excited that youíre running! Like you, I notice that I feel worse if I back off. I just run 2-3 miles at a time, 3 times a week, and that seems to be a good balance. My shins bother me if I increase my distance or frequency. ... ... Cynthia, Oh, I feel for you! I was also wondering if youíd weaned yet. If so, that would explain it. If not (and trust me, I encourage long nursing with little ones), then maybe sheís decreasing her frequency or amount of milk. Maybe this is causing your hormones to shift. ... ... Here is something interesting to me: I started taking an herbal suppl ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: I cant take it anymore!!!!! by nile  19mo   1,752  

So sorry to hear youíre not feeling better at this point. 3 years seems like such a long time. I was feeling the same way at 3 years, heck even a couple months ago (Iím 4 1/2 yrs). Have you weaned yet? I was FBíing with Karita and she pointed out that breastfeeding suppresses both estrogen and progesterone. And I ran across an article that bfeeding is actually harder on your body than pregnancy! Iíve been cutting back on it with my little one, hoping to wean slowly. Iím worried about any sudden changes to my body. I added an extra vitamin D and fish oil, and have been more consiste ...   [retrieve this message]

• I cant take it anymore!!!!! by cynthleal  19mo   2,088  Ü C Ü  

I will be 3 years post removal by the end of this month and my symptoms seem to start coming back. I dont know what to do any more, I want to cry but I donít want to cry any more. This is driving me insane I feel like I will die soon or I will end up in a mental hospital. Sorry for this negative post but i feel lonely and just want it to express my feelings to someone that might understand me. I feel so lonely and lost.   [End]

• Re: Time for another dr. visit.... by AJ22  19mo   1,586  

nomirena and Diana, thankyou so very much for your responses its good to know I am not alone with these unusal feelings that I have complained about for nearly a year now. The burning, tingling and numb legs and arms get very distressing at times and make it very hard to concentrate. I am unable to work out a pattern, like Diana it can be away for a while and then be there constantly for days on end. I am due for my thyroid bloods again soon as I am getting closer to an over active thyroid leading to autoimmune, I have no doubt that these fluctuating hormones are the cause just getting peo ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena IUD Side Effects by Aussie-Net  19mo   11,443  

I started a help page,feel free to have a look ... ... ... http://www.squidoo.com/Mirena-Side-Effects ...   [End]

• Re: Time for another dr. visit.... by happyfamily6  19mo   1,583  

Life has been crazy since school started - havenít been able to get on here to post often, but I keep reading :) ... ... ... ... The restless leg thing has been a huge issue for me since the IUD was removed (3 years this November). There have been times over the last 3 years when it would disappear for up to a couple months, and then come back and plague me daily for a couple months! For the last 6 months or so, it has been off and on throughout the month. I can count on it either starting or stopping when I ovulate or start or stop my period. I canít find a definite pattern. But when my hormo ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: mirena and headaches by happyfamily6  19mo   1,904  

Headaches and fuzzy brain feeling were a definite Mirena issue for me. Actually, they are a hormonal problem for me. The Mirena didnít help, and it brought on far more serious problems than the headaches. It canít do you any good! I suggest you have it out ASAP!!! ... ... Keep us updated, ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Time for another dr. visit.... by nomirena  19mo   1,516  

The restless legs was diagnosed when I was pregnant. I did not ever take anything for it but other people on this forum have taken natural remedies and it has helped. I take the following everyday; 1 whole food multi vitamin, magnesium, Omega 3, Vitamin D and B6. I did a lot of experimenting with herbs and other vitamins, this was the best mix for me. The other thing that helped me immensely was acupuncture. I have had about five treatments overall and it brought my life back to me. ... ... If it is any help, I started to feel better about nine months post. I had terrible brain fog but i ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Time for another dr. visit.... by AJ22  19mo   1,581  

Hi nomirena, thankyou for your response, my mirena coil has been out for 9 months now, I did suffer with this before the mirena was removed then went down the ms path, as well as my legs I also get it on my arms and a band around my tummy under my boobs (strange but thats where it always is) I read somewhere that restless legs can also affect arms and torso as well as legs, I am not expecting my nerve conduction test to show anything either, were you diagnosed by a doctor for your restless legs or is it something you had to work out yourself (like we all do) just wondering what supplements ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Celiaís Search for those ďSafeĒ Contraceptives: Pills, IUD or Tubal ... by nile  19mo   1,647  

Dude, appreciate what youíre trying to do, but all of us here already found out the hard way about IUDís and artificial birth control, so instead of adding insult to injury, can you find a site where everyone is saying how much they love their IUDs and post there? Thanks   [End]

• Celiaís Search for those ďSafeĒ Contraceptives: Pills, IUD or Tubal Liga... by goodsamaritan55  19mo   1,734  Ü C Ü  

* All names had been changed to protect the identities of the people involved. * This is a true story of a young woman in search of happiness in a free country with all the choices legal and affordable for her ďreproductive healthĒ. Celia is a highly intelligent woman, educated in the top schools and has the money to afford all the plethora of contraceptive choices the 21st century has to offer. ... ... Celia was a married, happy doting mother of 2 children and she decided it was time to take a break from pregnancy. She sought out her choices and began with oral contraceptive pillsÖ ... ... http://w ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Time for another dr. visit.... by Melanderso  19mo   1,530  

I had a nerve conduction test for my legs, which was negative. The left foot/ankle periodically goes numb. I also had a chest X-ray for problems with lung capacity, but it didnít show anything. The pulmonary function test said Iím only at 70%. The allergistís breathing test guesses my lung age at 69. ... My leg pain has been much better since I got out of the moldy classroom, but my lungs havenít improved yet. I canít tell what is Mirena itself and what was caused after Mirena mutilated my immune system. ... Please, ladies, post your test results when you get them. Thanks!   [End]

• Re: Time for another dr. visit.... by nomirena  19mo   1,481  

I forgot to mention that I had an EKG also, found nothing.   [End]

• Re: Time for another dr. visit.... by nomirena  19mo   1,494  

Hi Aj22, ... ... For me, when it is time to go to bed, my legs feel like they want to run a marathon. I canít get comfortable and have to keep moving them around. Nothing seems to help. ... ... I had it horribly when I was pregnant and then after I had Mirena removed so I know it is related to hormones. It had been better over the past few months but the legs went crazy last night. I was off my supplements for a couple of weeks as I was out of town for a death in my family. It could be that or stress that brought back the symptoms. ... ... I would think about getting the Mirena out. My initial probl ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Time for another dr. visit.... by AJ22  19mo   1,591  

Hi nomirena, Can I please ask you about your restless legs, I have had really burning, tingling, numb legs for nearly a year now and also cramps at the back of my calves, as usual no explained answers, I have had my mirena coil out now for 9 months, the other day I decided to look up restless leg syndrome and it sounds a lot like me, I also read that there is usually an underlying problem and one of them is thyroid disease which I am having problems with also at the moment I am heading towards the autoimmune ĒgravesĒ more bloods shortly,I have an appoinment in a few weeks for a nerve condu ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Time for another dr. visit.... by nomirena  19mo   1,565  

Hi ProudMomma, ... ... I still have the air hunger thing as well. I saw my GP for it and she thought it was allergies. I did have a chest x ray too. After really paying attention to it, I think it might be food related. It only last hours for me though. ... ... I have restless legs tonight, it has been a while for that one ! ...   [End]

• Re: Time for another dr. visit.... by nile  19mo   2,037  

Sorry to hear thatís still bugging you. I mentioned it to my dr a couple weeks ago, and he seemed to think it was normal. Then again, he thought all my symptoms were normal, which we all know is a crock. ... ... Back when I first got Mirena out and was at my worst, I had to use my kidís inhaler (Xopenex) a couple times and that seemed to help. It hasnít been bad enough for me to do that lately, just an annoyance, but is that anything youíd be able to try? ... ... Let us know how the xray goes, curious to hear if they find anything... ... ... -nile   [End]

• Time for another dr. visit.... by ProudMomma  20mo   2,442  Ü C Ü  

After this holiday weekend, I am going to set up an appointment with my GP to let him know that I want to have my lungs X-Rayed. Iím so over this stupid air hunger. I am two years post in only three days, and that is one symptom that is just not getting any better. Iím so sick of huffing in big gasps of air just to feel like Iím getting a good breath. Iím going on day six of struggling with my breathing, and--after it lasting that long--it starts messing with my head. I start thinking about the connection between Levonorgestrel and pulmonary embolisms, and it makes me worried that I may ha ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: mirena and headaches by cynthleal  20mo   2,087  

I will say that yes itís mirena. It doesnít surprise me that your Dr denies that mirena is the culprit. Save your self more pain, stress and money and get the thing out before it gets worse.   [End]

• mirena and headaches by pinkmermiad  20mo   2,214  Ü C Ü  

I got the Mirena IUD on 8/2/12 and began having weird headaches about a week later. I feel like I am in a fog and canít concentrate. These headache are daily, lasting 6 hours or more, and no over the counter meds offer any relief. I called my OB, she said it is not likely the IUD (even though I read that I should call my provider if I have persistant headaches?!) So I made an appointment with my general DR.She gave me an antibiotic and said if I still have headaches in a week to give her a call. (antibiotics for sphenoid sinus infection possibly?) Gave her a call and had a CT scan - looks ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Women on Hormonal Birth Control Lose Out in Attractiveness to Normal... by nerd999  20mo   1,582  

I find that not surprising, after all, birth control is - from a purely biological perspective - a method which diminishes the most natural function of females and thus their attractiveness to men ... might sound very basic, but thatís it.   [End]

• Image Embedded Women on Hormonal Birth Control Lose Out in Attractiveness to Normal Wom... by goodsamaritan55  20mo   2,310  Ü C Ü  

Women on Hormonal Birth Control (Pills, Patch, IUD, Shots) Lose Out in Attractiveness ... ... Just stating the obvious scientific study and observable facts.  Men, raise your hand if you are attracted to pregnant women, to woo them, to pursue them, to ask them out on dates, to court them.  Obviously not.  Somebody else has already knocked her up, right? (Her body thinks that it is already pregnant. She may be taking other pharmaceutical drugs on a regular basis as well… she is on that paradigm, right?)  Men might then be more attracted to a young lady… a ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Re: PMS struggle by Melanderso  20mo   1,388  

On the back pain, did you have have an X-rays or anything? I had both MRI and X-ray in 2009/2010 for wretched low back pain. It said I had degeneration and stenosis. But really, that ĒdiagnoisisĒ did nothing to help because the surgeon just referred me to pain management. ... ... Well, I hate pain management--so I went to PT instead. That didnít help either (and I was sure it would, since it helped so much after my upper back surgery 10 years ago). Anyway, thatís how I ended up in belly dance class. It still took a year of strenghting (I am a slow learner, apparently) but my low back has ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: PMS struggle by Godismyrefuge  20mo   1,293  

Sorry friend. I donít get on here as often as I used to. I know EXACTLY how you feel! I have had that happen to me my last SEVERAL periods. I get so angry at EVERY little thing, and then, I get angry for getting angry. I also feel VERY unfocused and disconnected....like everything is floating around me. I just tell myself how far Iíve come and I cling to the hope that one day, I will be 100 % healthy again. Iím not really going to do ANYTHING else (take pills, get poked or prodded) except drink tons of water and stay active and try to get enough sleep. I am almost certain that my I ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: PMS struggle by ProudMomma  20mo   1,158  

Nobody has any thoughts on this? ...   [End]

• PMS struggle by ProudMomma  20mo   1,538  Ü C Ü  

Hey ladies, ... ... Well, my two year post removal anniversary is next month. As much as I have greatly improved, I still have some issues that continue to smack me around. For me, my vision loss never returned, I have lower back pain, I have days where I still have the Ēair hungerĒ and have to huff in big gasps of air, etc. ... ... If those three thing never improve, I can live like that. Itís not fun, but it isnít debilitating like my previous symptoms were. However, I am still having a terrible time during my PMS weeks on some months, and I am really trying to figure out how to improve it. F ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Copper and Mirena Similarities by SB1108  21mo   3,075  

I actually received my results back early and I was extremely excited to see that I had an elevated copper level! So my body is actually eliminating the copper now instead of holding on to it! Soooo happy - the five months of chelation is paying off!! ... ... I am chelating by taking Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Zinc and several others. I am about to switch my approach to be more holistic through ĒNutritional BalancingĒ - So I will be taking more supplements soon. Thats why I just did another hair analysis. ... ... I have felt some better physically but I have not felt better mentally. My anxiety is u ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Copper and Mirena Similarities by nile  21mo   3,132  

Please, please, pretty please post back your results! :) Have you felt any better with the chelating and balancing? What is your method for balancing? Is it through you diet? Iíve tried so many different things - given up alcohol, caffeine, diet pop (which I loved) and most artificial sweeteners, any food/product containing silicone, tried gluten free for a short time. The caffeine and alcohol have been the only things Iíve given up where Iíve noticed improvement. But if thereís some other diet out there that can help, Iíd give it a go. ... ... Hope to hear back, and thanks for posting h ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Copper and Mirena Similarities by SB1108  21mo   3,001  

I wouldnít waste your money (or blood) on the copper/zinc serum testing. You HAVE TO get the hair analysis. ARL Labs is one of the few that does not wash the hair prior to testing, which is imperative for accurate results. Serum testing only shows the amounts in your blood... not what is stored in your tissue. ... ... Iíve had one hair analysis which showed low (or hidden) copper overload. I just sent off for my second hair analysis after trying to chelate/balance out the copper for about 5 months. I am hoping that it will show that I am eliminating copper now. Should get the results back i ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Copper and Mirena Similarities by nile  21mo   3,139  

I spent a good few hours last night reading thru all the stories, and OMG, they are the same as ours!! It gives me hope that maybe itís not the silicone after all (boy, Iíd love to go back to my silicone-containing beauty products). Seems most women got back to normal fairly quickly after removing their copper IUD. A few on there took more time, like me and some others here. (Iíve had mine out over 4 years ago). I think Iíll see if my Dr will let me test my copper and zinc levels next time I go in. Iím due in a couple months to get my TSH levels checked again. ... ... The site by Dr. Wi ...   [retrieve this message]

• Copper and Mirena Similarities by SB1108  21mo   4,083  Ü C Ü  

I got a copper IUD in December of 2008 because I could not tolerate hormonal birth control (I had tried multiple pills and even the NuvaRing over a 10 year time period). I researched it pretty thoroughly before I had it placed and never found anything related to the symptoms I experienced (until recently). After six months of having the IUD, I began to develop an alcohol intolerance. I also developed acne like I had never seen before. It was more like boils under my skin rather than typical acne. I became extremely tired and began having severe depression/anxiety (especially during PMS). A ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Facebook page if you are interested by ProudMomma  22mo   1,377  

Get a Facebook page and then search for the page called ĒBan Mirena IUDĒ ... ... Hope to see you there! ...   [End]

• Re: What to do after Mirena? by keelerlakemama  22mo   1,762  

Thank you for the website. I will definitely take it into consideration.   [End]

• Re: What to do after Mirena? by Nimbus.Dreamer  22mo   1,805  

Hereís a site that might get you looking in the right direction and asking your doctor some new questions. ... ... http://familydoctor.org/familydoctor/en/prevention-wellness/sex-birth-control/birth-control/progestin-only-contraceptives.html ... ... I hope you find what youíre looking for. :)   [End]

• Re: What to do after Mirena? by keelerlakemama  22mo   1,927  

Thanks!! That is definitely something I will be looking into. I react to certain metals in jewelery though, so am a little nervous about the copper. Keep the ideas coming though please. ...   [End]

• Re: What to do after Mirena? by Melanderso  22mo   2,084  

The copper IUD doesnít have hormones and lasts for 10 years. It wouldnít regulate the cycle, but it IS supposed to make you bleed more heavily. Itís horrible that women donít have safe, effective choices. We have been on condoms for 3 years because Iíll never take hormones again. Good luck!!!   [End]

• Re: Mirena IUD & repeat cervical abnormalities... by lacey05g  22mo   20,511  

I Had the Mirena for about 4 years. I had some side effects but nothing bad. I then had a bad pap, my first bad pap EVER, and had to have a colposcopy which is a biopsy of the affected spots of the cervix. The results came back that I had high and middle-grade pre-cancerous cells. I then had to have a cold-knife conization of the cervix and had my doctor remove the Mirena. He tried to convince me that mirena could not have caused it and wanted me to keep it. I still donít understand why because itís my decision and my body. After having it removed I had to had a pap every 3 months for a ye ...   [retrieve this message]

• What to do after Mirena? by keelerlakemama  22mo   2,477  Ü C Ü  

I need some advice. I am 33 years old and have been married for 13 years. We have two beautiful boys and do not plan on having any more as I have a hard time getting pregnant and am extremely uncomfortable during pregnancy because of scoliosis. I have had a Mirena IUD for over 4 years. I have always had irregular periods and the doctors told me that doubt I ovulate more than a couple times a year which is why I started on Mirena to keep my uterus cleaned out to ward off pre-cancerous cells. In the last year I have noticed extreme vaginal dryness and irritation and monthly migraines ri ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Facebook page if you are interested by mek27  22mo   1,459  

Hello, ... ... I would really like to be added to the Facebook page. What can I do to make it happen? ... ... Thanks in advance for your help! ... ... Best, ... mek27   [End]

• Re: Nausea 7 months after removal? by happyfamily6  22mo   1,600  

Have you been tested for h.pylori? This can cause gastritis. The breath test is the most accurate. Mastic gum is effective against gastritis, if you want to avoid antibiotics. My daughter (13yo with stomach issues) takes mastic and finds it helps. ... ... I had recurrent strep infections around the time I started reacting to the IUD. I had repeated antibiotics (which I avoid like the plague now), and I wonder if these infections were the final straw for my immune system. Soon after that I started having my neurological symptoms. I use pau díarco tea now for myself and kids when we have ...   [retrieve this message]

• Nausea 7 months after removal? by lupusinvictus  22mo   1,888  Ü C Ü  

I have seen so many posts by people who are about to have the IUD removed or have recently had it removed. Iíd like to hear more about some of you who have had it removed for a while. ... ... I had my IUD inserted Sept 2012, three months post partum. I experienced acne, mood swings, depression, and decreased sex drive. I also bled the entire time. I didnít think much of it because this is how I have reacted to other birth controls in the past. ... ... I decided to have it removed in mid-December 2012 because I didnít like the mood swings. ... ... I experienced a severe mood crash a few days later - like ...   [retrieve this message]

• Question regarding back pain by ProudMomma  23mo   939  Ü C Ü  

Has anyone who has dealt with consistent lower back pain since their Mirena ever gone to have a back X-ray done? I feel like I am THIS close. My lower back hurts almost all the time....and some days, I canít bend forward at ALL. ... ... Iím starting to wonder if something would show up on an X-Ray. There was a post on a website back in 2002 that I saw where a woman had terrible back pain and they found out that her lumbar was punctured during insertion. I also just heard from a woman this week who has been diagnosed with a degenerative joint disease that the doctors canít explain (her back ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Lower back pain by Melanderso  23mo   2,449  

My lower back pain started 2 1/2 years after insertion, and it was led me to have the back X-ray that showed the IUD had perforated. . .(although no doctor actually noticed the X-ray--I had to look at it myself months later to find out.) The low back pain continued pretty much all the time for a year and a half after that. I still have it, but it is much beter now that I do dance class every week. Donít laugh--itís belly dancing class. It was the only thing that helped the back pain--and I tried a bunch of things! I have to drag myself there but itís worth it. My back MRI did show degener ...   [retrieve this message]

Forum Pages
1  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 14  

Filter Messages: order by

Selected Ads from CureZone Sponsors: Become a Sponsor

VIP

Liver Cleanse
Eliminate any foreign substances that may be trapped in your liver.
I regained my life!
I no longer worry about having Herpes outbreaks
Suffering Arthritis?
Ready to learn the real cause of arthritis and how to naturally get rid ...
Proven Candida Diet
The Only Legitimate Diet for Treating Candida in 30 Days

PLAT

Did you poop today?
All natural constipation relief!
Hulda Clark Cleanses
Parasite Cleanse, Kidney Cleanse, Liver Flush, Bowel Program according t...

GOLD

Proven medical anti-diabetic benefits
Electrolyzed drinking water significantly reduces blood...
Utopia Silver Supplements
Silver Bulletin e-News Magazine, ĒWhat the Coming Food Collapse Mea...
Proven Parasite Diet
The Only Legitimate Diet for Destroying Parasites in 30 Days or Less

GOLD

Royal Tea
ĒThis tea literally saved my life.Ē - Ricky
Detoxify and Cleanse Naturally
Drink ionized alkaline waters medically proven health benefits...
What Ails You?
It doesnít matter - this can help.
Natural Cancer Remedies

SILVER

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.
Oraltech Labs
Oraltech Labs Bad Breath Cure
Life Technologyô
Transformational Technology For Mind Body And Soul.
Tbyil Supplement Catalog
The Best Years in Lifeís hand picked top quality natural health comp...

Back To Top How many people click on the sponsord links? Become a Sponsor

Add This Forum To Your Favorites!

Share:  Facebook  MySpace  Digg  Reddit  StumbleUpon  Furl this page  Delicious  BlinkList  dzone  Simpy.com  Fark.com  BlogMarks  Wists.com  Google

Translate This Page:

French    German    Spain    Italian    Dutch    Russian    Portuguese    Japanese    Korean    Arabic    Chinese Simplified

2,179 messages, 393 topics, topics per page limited to: 150, average number of messages per page: 156, 14 pages,  148,663 page views

"Vitamin C is a very effective immune booster and probably the safest first line of defense for infection."
~ Lendon Smith, M.D.

Image Galler IUD Malfunctions Image Gallery         Image Galler Last 30 Uploads
Medianet Ads

High Blood Pressure?
3 easy exercises drop blood pressure below 120/80 as soon as today

Eliminate Herpes
Information on the revolutionary Dynamiclear Combat Kit

Proven Mirena Detox
Treat All Mirena Side Effects Naturally & Quickly in 30 Days or Less

Iodine Supports Thyroid Health
#1 Rated Iodine Supplement! 180-Day Money Back Guarantee. Fr...

Tools, Tools, Tools!
Tools for Healing is specialized in alternative medicine devices of al...

Drink ionized alkaline waters medically proven health benefi...

Medically research anti-diabetic effects
Electrolyzed drinking water significantly reduces ...

Proven Parasite Diet

Tools, Tools, Tools!

Hydrazine Sulfate - Cancer Support
Hydrazine Sulfateís Original Proponent, Dr. Joseph Gold ...

Natural Cancer Remedies

Opc Oleander Capsules
HIV and Cancer Support, 15% discount with CZ discount code of LR001

High Blood Pressure?

Eliminate Herpes

Proven Mirena Detox

Tools, Tools, Tools!

Proven Parasite Diet

Tools, Tools, Tools!

Natural Cancer Remedies

Opc Oleander Capsules

High Blood Pressure?

Eliminate Herpes

Proven Mirena Detox

Tools, Tools, Tools!

Proven Parasite Diet

Tools, Tools, Tools!

Natural Cancer Remedies

Opc Oleander Capsules

Donate to CureZone

Guest Book - Liver Flush FAQ - News - Link Exchange - Add URL - How To Exchange Links? - About Global Directory

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules - Forum Trolls - Fair use notice

Staff's pages:  Owen - Wrenn - Maya

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Donors - Stats

Copyright 2014  curezone.com

fetched in 1.52 sec at 4/21/2014 9:51:51 AM, requested by 54.205.160.82, referred by http://curezone.com/forums/s2.asp?f=653 , requested 1 pages during this session, y=8