CureZone.com   Educating Instead of Medicating Like CureZone website on Facebook
Home > Forums6546 visitors online now Add To Favorites Log On    Join/Sign Up    User Finder   Inbox New
The Best Favorites

Newsletter:

Search:
Forums BLogs FAQ Images Health Diseases Diet Foods Cleanse Convert

Expanded All Messages [1089] Posted by happyfamily6, Sorted by Date Source: Mosaic: Messages Across All CureZone Forums & Blogs

Read This First:  Success  Educational  Failed  Warning  BSA  RN  ALL R  ~BSA  ~RN  RRR  Image Embedded  Video Embedded Audio Embedded   Images   Description   Rules
 29,296,184 page views     1,072 messages     480,015 topics     7 pages
New Message Posting Disabled  

Original Layout     Add To Favorites!
Last Message
3m ago
Search:   Top 300

All Messages [1089] Posted by happyfamily6, Sorted by Date   Back To Standard Forum View

Like Mosaic on Facebook.com
Forum Pages
1  2  3  4  5  6 7  
  • Re: It gets better! by happyfamily6  74d   649  Mirena IUD  

Thank you for sharing! Some people bounce back pretty fast, and some do not. I was one who did not. But itís important to remember that it can be fast and easier for some. I am over 4 years post and much, much better. I wish I could say my hair has grown back, but it hasnít. Itís not falling out as much but still getting thinner and thinner. Sigh. But I donít feel like I have MS anymore, which is a huge relief, although I do have lingering symptoms of that which come and go, but are much less severe. ... ... Keep healing everyone! ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Mirena Removed by happyfamily6  81d   952  Mirena IUD  Ü C Ü  

Yes, there is hope! Youíre on the right path now. But donít be alarmed if itís 2 steps forward, 1 step back. I had some crazy new symptoms that popped up AFTER removal when my hormones were in upheaval, and some issues that worsened, and some that went away. But I am 4 years post removal now and doing much better. Every year has brought improvement. Some people bounce back quickly, and some take longer, but having the IUD out is the first step. ... ... It can be a roller coaster ride, but hang on and youíll get through it just fine. ... ... Take care! ... Diana ...   [End]

• Re: Effects a year after removal by happyfamily6  83d   861  Mirena IUD  

I am just over 4 years post removal. I am still not back to normal but doing much better than I was during my first 3 years post removal. The first 3 years were especially rough. My symptoms were largely neurological, along with fatigue. I still have good and bad months, but I have entire days where I feel pretty normal and can function well. My remaining symptoms are muscle twitching, spacey head feeling, headaches, some dizziness, sleep problems, muscle weakness, shakiness/lack of coordination, random achy/sharp pains. All of these used to be much worse, and I used to have many mor ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena side effects by happyfamily6  5mo   1,422  Mirena IUD Problems  Ü C Ü  

Iím glad the IUD is out for you and that itís over :) ... ... I bled off and on after the procedure for a few days, but I think that was from the removal, not hormonal. I think I had a regular period about 3 weeks later and have been pretty regular for the last 4 years, although my cycles are very heavy for the first couple days and then taper off sharply. I rarely have a full week of bleeding, which was never normal for me before the IUD. I am 42, so perhaps Iím perimenopausal as well. ... ... I do have rough times where my dizziness/spacey head feeling comes back, along with pain in my wrists a ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena side effects by happyfamily6  5mo   1,462  Mirena IUD Problems  Ü C Ü  

You described your symptoms and story very well! I also have had most (truly almost all) of what you described. My reaction was heavily neurological. Nile gives the best advice, and I canít really add to her thoughts. I am 4 years post, and still not back to normal, but getting closer. In general every year has been better, but I still have some difficult times (this month for example). Reading your post brings back a lot of memories. ... ... My IUD was floating in my uterus, and it was a huge mess to get it out. I hope you can have yours removed very soon. ... ... This forum is not hi ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: My nightmare...pain, constant nausea, diarrhea, anxiety, kidney ston... by happyfamily6  8mo   1,458  Mirena IUD  

I had a lot of nausea issues for a period of time too, and I believe itís all related to the hormone fluctuations. You were right to have it out, but sometimes recovery is rocky while the body tries to rebalance. Sometimes new symptoms can crop up. It can be a real roller coaster. Just hang in there! There are so many women who can relate to what youíre going through. Keep posting! ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Hailey56 How is your daughter doing? by happyfamily6  8mo   644  Mirena IUD  

My levels are always around 35, which my Dr. says is fine. That result came after months of taking 2,000 IUs a day and being out in the sun. ... ... Yes, Iím anxious to hear how she does with the supplementation. ... ... Thanks again! ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Hailey56 How is your daughter doing? by happyfamily6  8mo   589  Mirena IUD  

Yippee!!!!!! This is the best news ever. I think Iím going to increase my vitamin D dosage. Do you remember what her levels were? ... ... Thanks for the report! ... Diana   [End]

• Re: New discharge since Mirena by happyfamily6  9mo   1,009  Mirena IUD  Ü C Ü  

Many of the women on this forum (including me) have had severe autoimmune and neurological reactions to the Mirena, along with massive hormonal disruption. I have had mine out for almost 4 years and am still not back to normal. Please consider having it removed just to protect your health! And feel free to spread the word. BTW, many doctors refuse to acknowledge the damage the IUD can do, although there are some who do. My Dr. tried to talk me into keeping it, but my instinct told me something was wrong. My body was not happy with it, even at the beginning when the symptoms were easy ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Hailey56 How is your daughter doing? by happyfamily6  9mo   692  Mirena IUD  

Same old things for me. Not too bad, but Iím in my better part of the month :). Iím having trouble with insomnia again, but I know it will get better at some point. I feel like Iím stuck at a 60-80% recovery (depending on the day) but hoping for better days ahead still.   [End]

• Re: Hailey56 How is your daughter doing? by happyfamily6  9mo   682  Mirena IUD  

I think about her a lot too, Cynthia.   [End]

• Re: I dont think I am ovulating? by happyfamily6  9mo   697  Mirena IUD  

Have you ever tried one of those ovulation kits at the store? Iím not sure how they work, or if imbalanced hormones would skew the results. I used one many years (pre-Mirena) ago because I thought I wasnít ovulating either, but I guess I was. ... ... Just a thought :)   [End]

• Re: Erin Brokovich by happyfamily6  9mo   862  Mirena IUD  

I remember you mamaj! You were a regular when I first joined this forum years ago. Great to hear from you again. I hope you are well.   [End]

• Re: How well are you performing at work post-mirena? by happyfamily6  9mo   862  Mirena IUD  

My first couple years of recovery were definitely NOT up to par. I was in survival mode, trying to keep it together as best I could. Very hard on my family and children. Doing laundry or making dinner was a major accomplishment. We ate a lot of cold cereal and toast and had not so clean clothes many a day. ... ... Iím sorry - I know itís so hard and frustrating. ... ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Adam's Apple. by happyfamily6  9mo   808  Mirena IUD  

Could it be a muscle twitching thing? Iíve had muscle twitches just about everywhere I think, and I think Iíve felt them in that area before. Iíve got them quite a bit right now as I get close to my period. Feeling spacey and uncoordinated as well. Are your other symptoms worse right now too?   [End]

• Re: Interesting info by happyfamily6  9mo   815  Mirena IUD  

Interesting link. Thanks for posting! It reminds me of what Iíve been studying about cultured foods lately and how they increase the good gut bacteria which help our body make serotonin. Cultured/fermented foods (veggies, kefir, kombucha) might be a good thing to try for people with mood issues. I love this website: culturedfoodlife.com   [End]

• Re: Could Mirena cause this? by happyfamily6  10mo   751  Mirena IUD  

I agree with nomirena: have it taken out before things get any worse. I did have joint pain and tendonitis, and many others have as well. The tendonitis and joint pain (mostly my left ring finger) were 90% improved within a month or so of removal. ... ... Please let us know how you do! ... Diana   [End]

• Re: 5 months post, each month poses different symptoms after ovulation a... by happyfamily6  10mo   841  Mirena IUD  

(I tried to post this response earlier, but it didnít work maybe. Sorry if this is a duplicate!) ... ... ... I actually felt like I got worse after removal for a couple months. Some symptoms backed off a bit, some continued without change, and some new ones appeared. My whole first year was a nightmare. A quick recovery after just a month is not the norm, in my opinion, even though some women do bounce back like that. Every year has been better for me in general however. Before the Mirena, I had never had any illness other than an occasional cold, a flu during one pregnancy; thatís it. Noth ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: 5 months post, each month poses different symptoms after ovulation a... by happyfamily6  10mo   826  Mirena IUD  

I actually felt like I got worse after removal for a couple months. Some symptoms backed off a bit, some continued without change, and some new ones appeared. My whole first year was a nightmare. A quick recovery after just a month is not the norm, in my opinion, even though some women do bounce back like that. Every year has been better for me in general however. Before the Mirena, I had never had any illness other than an occasional cold, a flu during one pregnancy; thatís it. Nothing that a week of bed rest wouldnít cure. To be sick day after day, month after month, is maddening. ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Scared and need advise- Mirena symptoms??? by happyfamily6  10mo   811  Mirena IUD  Ü C Ü  

I agree with EVERYTHING Cynthia has said on this thread. She and I have had similar reactions and are both still trying to get well. Like her, I truly thought I was dying when I began to react severely to the IUD. My family thought I was dying. My symptoms were heavily neurological. I was tested right away for MS. I was sure I had either MS, Parkinsons, ALS, or a blend of all of them. Absolutely everything you are experiencing sounds like a typical IUD reaction. When I first found this forum, I started reading old posts and threads especially from women who were having similar kin ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: 4 months post Mirena, hormone tests 'no further action required' but... by happyfamily6  11mo   1,496  Mirena IUD  Ü C Ü  

Interesting idea!   [End]

• Re: 4 months post Mirena, hormone tests 'no further action required' but... by happyfamily6  11mo   1,597  Mirena IUD  Ü C Ü  

Many of the women here have normal hormone levels when tested, including me (after over 3 years post), and yet my symptoms are very real and hormonally related in some way. I try not to wonder why anymore and just move on with my life. I donít feel good about doing any kind of hormone supplementation either, even bio-identical or just prog. cream. My cycles are always 26-28 days long too (although the last couple months have been over 30 days long for some reason). Is seems to be common to have just a couple days of heavy bleeding, then tapering off - like a half period and thatís it. ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena by happyfamily6  11mo   494  Mirena IUD  

You have some great suggestions. Iíve also tried some homeopathic remedies that often help (some nights canít be helped by anything it seems): Calms Forte, Calc. Phos cell salts. Hylandís also has an Insomnia remedy, but I like the Calms Forte best. Sometimes I take a capsule or two of Glycine by Source Naturals (a calming amino acid). I keep all these things in my nightstand because itís a common need for me ;) ... ... Keep posting and take care, ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Mirena Horror Story by happyfamily6  11mo   947  Mirena IUD  Ü C Ü  

There are no words I can say. I am in tears. I am so sorry. ... ... With love, ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Just Checking In - 4 Years Post and Doing Well by happyfamily6  11mo   839  Mirena IUD  Ü C Ü  

It was delightful to read your update :) It gives us all hope. ... ... I can relate to being willing to try anything, and buying many things from the helpful health food store that I didnít need either. ... ... I agree that time seems to be the necessary thing. Also, I noticed steady improvement as well once I could start exercising more heavily. That was a rough transition, as I didnít start exercising because I had any extra energy or felt well enough to do it, but rather because I was desperately hopeful that it would help me to feel better. I remember coming home after going out on my fir ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: 5 years post-removal by happyfamily6  11mo   685  Mirena IUD  

Itís lovely to hear from you, Nile! What a great report. Gives hope to us all who are struggling. Yes, running has helped me tremendously. I had to give it up during the long, cold winter we just finished here, but Iím slowly trying to rebuild my strength again. I am 4 1/2 years post; maybe my next 6 months will be better too. ... ... Thanks for posting! ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Bruising? by happyfamily6  11mo   906  Mirena IUD  

I agree with Cynthia. So many strange and worrisome physical symptoms can happen with this IUD. It helps to have tests done to rule things out, so you can have peace of mind. Iíve worried about so many diseases, itís ridiculous. I can list over a dozen major diseases Iíve been sure I have. I still wonder on some days. ... ... Take care! ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Feeling out of breath. by happyfamily6  12mo   735  Mirena IUD  

Hi Friend :) ... I know youíve had lab work done over the last few years. Were your iron levels generally high? I know that when I started exercising last year (more than just my regular work around the house) by walking/jogging, I found that my housework made me less exhausted and out of breath. It was like my heart became stronger by really pushing myself, so the daily things werenít as taxing. During my first year or two post IUD, I spent so much time in bed, doing so little, I think my body became very weak. I donít know. Maybe heavier exercise would be too hard on you at this point ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena removed almost 2 months ago. Advice needed, please by happyfamily6  13mo   2,452  Mirena IUD  Ü C Ü  

I have no doubt the Mirena can do to someone what itís done to you (both of you)! My symptoms were a bit different (anxiety was mild but I had most of the symptoms of MS), and my hormones were considered ĒfineĒ by my Dr. I had several hundreds of dollars of lab work done, plus a brain MRI, and it was all normal. I was a mess for many months, almost incapacitated and in bed much of the time for the first year, but I felt definitely better every year. I am 3 1/2 years post-removal and doing much better. Many people less time to recover. ... ... There is a huge array of symptoms that can c ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: just had mirena removed today by happyfamily6  13mo   1,460  Mirena IUD  Ü C Ü  

Good for you! Keep us updated. ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Does no period make a difference? by happyfamily6  13mo   660  Mirena IUD  

I think a lot of women in their 40s have been pushed closer or into menopause by the Mirena. It certainly upsets the hormones, so itís no wonder itís confusing. Not fun. ... ... Take care! ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Vitamin D "issues" by happyfamily6  14mo   1,419  Mirena IUD  Ü C Ü  

I do have some issues with numbness, but not really connected to that searing pain. In fact, it usually hits me in the evening when Iím in bed or sleeping. It has awakened me before. Last night was fine though, so Iíll take things a day at a time :) ... ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Mirena removal - 15 days by happyfamily6  14mo   906  Mirena IUD  Ü C Ü  

Good question. I really have no idea. It might be best to use another form of control for a few months to be very sure you donít conceive right away. The IUD can cause some severe hormonal imbalances. Not a good way to start a pregnancy even if you did want to conceive right away (which you said you donít, of course). Maybe use condoms for a couple weeks before you try to remove it to be really sure? Iím sure someone else can give you a better answer than this :) ... ... At any rate, Iím glad to hear you are having it out. What issues are you having? ... ... Take care, ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Vitamin D "issues" by happyfamily6  14mo   1,438  Mirena IUD  Ü C Ü  

Interesting link, Cynthia. Sometimes I start increasing my dosage when Iím feeling worse with my symptoms, but sometimes it seems to aggravate things . I canít always tell. I had my levels checked last summer, at the END of the summer when I had a nice tan after being in the sun frequently. I had also been supplementing with 2,000 IUs a day. I was worried that I was too high, with all that sun exposure as well. My levels were only 35. They were 32 before with no sun and no real supplements. So, with all that work, I only was able to raise them up 3 points. I would be more aggressiv ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Hypoglycemia? by happyfamily6  14mo   992  Mirena IUD  Ü C Ü  

No, Iím about 3 1/2 years post-removal now. Iím so glad to be where I am now. I remember how hard that first year was though. And I am one who has had a rough time for a good 3 years, although each year has been better than the previous. Most women donít take as long to recover fortunately. I would that in general, I am 70% back to normal. Some days are as good as 95%. Most days are 85% or so. Some are 60%. But the worst days are not as bad as they used to be, and they are not as frequent. ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Hypoglycemia? by happyfamily6  14mo   912  Mirena IUD  Ü C Ü  

Iím so sorry - I know where you are. I didnít have blood sugar issues as much, but I did have some during my first year. I had other neurological problems that were frightening and debilitating. You are on the right path, and you will improve, but it CAN get worse before getting better. It happened often to me. I donít mean to scare you but to assure you that this is typical. I remember thinking, especially in the first 3 months, that things should be better now that the IUD was gone from my body, and yet I thought I was dying. My husband felt I was dying and was very upset. I hid ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Throbbing legs ?? by happyfamily6  14mo   894  Mirena IUD  

A throbbing pain in my upper right calf was one of my first symptoms before the rest of my health fell apart. It was in a fairly small area of my calf. Since removal, itís been better, but it does come back from time to time (I am over 3 years post-removal). I feared it was a blood clot for a long time. Nothing surprises me anymore with this Mirena stuff. Weird symptoms can come and go and pop for the first time MONTHS after removal. This has been my experience. ... ... I donít even want to talk about RLS. It was an issue before removal, and has continued to plague me since. I do have e ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Does no period make a difference? by happyfamily6  14mo   868  Mirena IUD  

Your symptoms are such classic Mirena symptoms! I also stopped my periods - probably a few months after insertion. I spent about 1 1/2 years without a cycle, although I had frequent spotting during that time (not enough to call a period). ... ... I had about half of your symptoms and many more. My reaction was quite severe. I donít know if there is a correlation between severity of reaction and presence of cycles. Good question! ... ... Glad you found the forum and have it removed! Keep posting. ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: NEW Scary symptom... by happyfamily6  14mo   686  Mirena IUD  

Hugs to you too, Cynthia! Iíll always be here for you. And if I ever fully recover and feel that itís time to leave this forum, weíll find another way to keep in touch. But since Iím NOT fully recovered, I still lurk here in the shadows... ;) ... ... Love, ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Remaining symptoms, 2 weeks since removal by happyfamily6  15mo   926  Mirena IUD  Ü C Ü  

Congratulations on being on the road to recovery! It is normal to have lingering symptoms after removal. It is also normal to have new ones crop up for the first time, and old ones which get worse. But overall, you will improve. For most of us, it is a 2 steps forward, 1 step back process. I had some months that felt like 2 steps forward, 3 steps back! But overall, there is improvement. I say this only so that you can be ready for anything that comes. Since youíre in your first month of removal, anything could happen, and the coming months might have a lot of variety for you. I ne ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: NEW Scary symptom... by happyfamily6  15mo   819  Mirena IUD  

I havenít really had the problem with my arms, but definitely with my legs, especially my right. Right now my arms are shaky and hard to control, but this is normal right before my period. It also makes my hands weak - especially my thumbs. It affects everything I do with my hands. ... ... Are you having regular periods? Where are you in your month, if I may ask? ... ... Iím sure youíll be fine! Hang in there - ... Love, ... Diana   [End]

• Re: My very long Mirena story....but hopefully helpful by happyfamily6  15mo   897  Mirena IUD  

What a great post! Thank you for sharing your story. I am so happy for your recovery! ... ... Diana   [End]

• Re: 3 1/3 years post, 32 weeks pregnant by happyfamily6  15mo   1,668  Mirena IUD  Ü C Ü  

I think itís okay and important that you keep posting, Cynthia, even if youíre still struggling. We care about you, and youíre not the only one with a long recovery. Just do the best you can. Itís so hard to be patient. ... ... Itís been a long winter. Hereís to hoping for better days in the spring for all of us!! ... ... Love, ... Diana   [End]

• Re: 3 1/3 years post, 32 weeks pregnant by happyfamily6  15mo   1,654  Mirena IUD  Ü C Ü  

Thatís for sure!   [End]

• Re: 3 1/3 years post, 32 weeks pregnant by happyfamily6  15mo   1,776  Mirena IUD  Ü C Ü  

Nile and Melanderso, thanks for the update. I wish the best for you ladies in your continued recovery! I always look forward to your posts. Iím hoping Cynthleal will recover soon too since having her post-Mirena baby. Itís amazing how long it can take us to recover. I was 3 years post last November. Still plugging along. ... ... Take care! ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Mirena COMING OUT!! by happyfamily6  15mo   847  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

Yea!!! ... ... It took me about 3 weeks to start my first cycle, FYI. There are no rules, and if there were, our bodies wouldnít necessarily follow them. ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Sorry to vent but I feel horrible. by happyfamily6  15mo   677  Mirena  

Oh, Cynthia. Do you think your hormones are shifting in a big way? Has your baby weaned or in the process of it? I would believe that shifting hormones can do anything. Especially if youíre having panic attacks. We old-timers are ready to be done with this. As Iíve told you before, this fall and winter have been hard on me too. So many symptoms worsening again. ... ... Iím so sorry!!! ... ... Hugs, ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Hailey56, how is your daughter doing? by happyfamily6  15mo   605  Mirena  

I was wondering the same thing Cynthia!   [End]

• Re: Has anyone else experienced these side effects of having the Mirena? by happyfamily6  15mo   1,479  Mirena IUD  Ü C Ü  

Strange - Iíve had the knuckle pain with some swelling. Only my left ring finger. It started long before removal and then improved after removal, but recently flared up again. Always that same knuckle. Just one. Weird :)   [End]

• Re: Tips & help needed badly..Horrible Cystic Acne!! Mirena user for 6yr... by happyfamily6  15mo   2,607  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

Dear Megs, Iím so sorry to see another Mirena victim! Having the IUD removed is generally not a big issue. Acne/chin hair are classic hormone imbalance issues. Itís not surprising that you have both. Please, please get the IUD out ASAP and PLEASE PLEASE never have a new one put in. There are other women here who can add to this advice. Iíve got the flu right now, so I canít say much more at this point. ... ... Keep posting, ... Take care, ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Has anyone else experienced these side effects of having the Mirena? by happyfamily6  15mo   1,751  Mirena IUD  Ü C Ü  

Your symptoms sound very Mirena-related. I did not experience the lumps, but did experience most of the others. Honestly, I would say that just about any strange, new health issue that shows up after having the IUD placed could be related to it. If youíre having more than one strange issue, then itís even more likely. ... ... If you were someone Iíd just met, and I learned you had the IUD and did NOT have any problems with it at all, I would still tell you my story and beg you to have it removed. Itís just not worth the gamble. I think every woman on this forum would agree. ... ... Keep posti ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena COMING OUT!! by happyfamily6  15mo   952  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

Iím cheering for you! So glad youíre having it out. I wish you the best and look forward to your future postings. ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Here we go again! by happyfamily6  17mo   855  Mirena  

It is so hard to start feeling worse after feeling better. And yet, I could have written your words. Iíve experienced such similar issues with a similar timeline (Iím 3 years post removal now), and I was still a mess at 4 months. I thought I was still dying, and Iím not sure Iíd had any real improvement, even for a couple weeks, at that time. ... ... Youíre on the right track - just hang there. The good times will come back! ... ... Take care, ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Is this Mirena Coil??? by happyfamily6  17mo   838  Mirena  

Itís so refreshing to hear about a Dr. who acknowledges the damage this device can cause! I am happy that youíll be getting it out and wish you the best in your recovery. It might take time, but you will improve! ... ... Keep posting! ... ... Take care, ... Diana   [End]

• Re: My Mirena story - lessons learned (experience with having Mirena for... by happyfamily6  17mo   1,606  Mirena  

Thank you for sharing your story! I appreciate all the detail. I wish you continued success in your recovery :) ... ... Diana   [End]

• Re: 10 days out, feel awful - any advice for naturopath visit? by happyfamily6  17mo   823  Mirena  

Iím sorry I donít have any specific advice, but I want you to know it will get better! Just grit your teeth and hang on. As your hormones start to rebalance, youíll have good days (and maybe some bad ones), but it will get better overall. It doesnít surprise me that you developed new symptoms AFTER removal - it happened to me too. But youíre on the right path now that itís gone. Even though I would start to feel worse during my periods, I learned to welcome each cycle because I knew it was a chance for my body to rebalance. ... ... Eat well, drink a lot, sleep as well as you can, and just ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Food allergy/ intolerance and Mirena by happyfamily6  17mo   1,309  Mirena  

I didnít really react to foods with the Mirena, but I did start reacting to metals for the first time in my life. I couldnít wear earrings especially. It only started to improve once the IUD was out. Now Iím back to normal (3 years post-removal ;). ... ... Take care!   [End]

• Re: 2 months post Mirena removal: chest pains, hip pain, and more. Anyon... by happyfamily6  18mo   4,261  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

Iím sorry! I know that the doctors will swear until the end that the IUD canít cause your issues, but trust your body and your instincts. I had my IUD out 3 years ago because I was having a whole range of frightening, bewildering symptoms (heart problems, joint pains, extreme fatigue, and some other neurological issues). AFTER I had it out, I developed problems with my blood vessels (similar to Raynaudís) which was a brand new symptom, as well as lymph node pain in my armpits, just as you described it. I also had swollen glands in my neck. I also developed severe shakiness in my whol ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Had Mirena removed yesterday! by happyfamily6  18mo   1,030  Mirena  

Iím so glad youíve had it removed, and that youíve found this forum! I believe Iíve heard of sinus issues with the IUD, although I didnít personally deal with it. But honestly, any kind of strange physical symptom associated with removal or occurring during obvious hormonal shifts (ie. period or ovulation) could be attributed to the IUD. The impact it can have on our bodies is huge. I developed some strange issues a month AFTER removal which Iíd never had previously, and I realize it was due to the radical shifts in hormones taking place. ... ... How are you doing now? ... ... Keep posting! Tak ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: My mirena warning by happyfamily6  18mo   1,184  Mirena  

A well-done, sincere video by a beautiful person! What a fantastic idea. ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Detox Bath for Mirena HELL, Peroxide/Ginger/Epsom Salt by happyfamily6  18mo   4,616  Mirena  

Thank you for that encouraging post! ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Negative! :) by happyfamily6  19mo   1,308  Mirena  

Iím relieved too :) Enjoy your day!   [End]

• Re: I cant take it anymore!!!!! by happyfamily6  19mo   1,644  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

Cynthia, my Dr. said that ANAs can appear and disappear and appear again. A friend of mine with Hashimotoís (autoimmune thyroiditis) says that hers come and go too. I wouldnít worry too much about the ANAs coming and going. Just hang in there and remember youíre not alone - that many others take a longer time to recover. I pray that better times are ahead for you. Keep posting, because I often wonder about you and how youíre doing! ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Thyroid tumor! by happyfamily6  19mo   1,285  Mirena  

Most certainly :)   [End]

• Re: CBS article - how sad by happyfamily6  19mo   939  Mirena  

I just saw this too, Nile, and it made me feel sick. My Dr. even recommended the Mirena/rod implant, or at least the pill, for my very young teenage daughter to help control her irregular cycles. I donít think so. ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Thyroid tumor! by happyfamily6  19mo   1,302  Mirena  

Except that if any of us have Hashimotos or thyroid issues due to autoimmunity (and this is a big issue with the Mirena reactions), iodine can aggravate our condition. Iodine is important, but I would only supplement with food sources (like kelp). Coconut oil is a good source too, I believe. I know of people who have messed up their health with iodine supplementation. Just something to be aware of when researching options.   [End]

• Re: Thyroid tumor! by happyfamily6  19mo   1,461  Mirena  

Oh Nile, Iím so anxious for you to get some answers. Definitely my positive thoughts and prayers will go to you. I know youíll keep us updated. Hang in there. ... ... Love, ... Diana   [End]

• Re: I cant take it anymore!!!!! by happyfamily6  19mo   1,592  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

You know Cynthia, even though Iím doing better in general, Iím having an awful month this month. It started with the herb supp I took with wild yam and vitex. I only took it for a couple days, and itís made me feel all weird. Iím going to steer clear of anything that might affect my hormones specifically. Iím feeling achy, like Iím running a fever, strange chills on my scalp today (for the first time since my first year post), horrible restlessness at night, distorted vision, and very spacey. And this is usually the GOOD time of my cycle, after ovulation and not quite to my period yet ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena, autoimmune disease, & side effects by happyfamily6  19mo   2,012  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

Iím sorry for what youíre dealing with! Your story sounds much like mine. Very similar symptoms. I also dealt with Raynaud-type issues, as well as erythromelalgia. It severely affected my lifestyle for a 1 1/2 years after removal, and now has gone away. I would spend hours every day with my feet elevated, with a fan blowing on them, to ease the heat flare-ups. Then it would push my feet back into chill mode, and they would turn pale again. My hands were also bothered, but my feet were the worst. My Dr. attributed it to autoimmune illness because I had ANAís, but nothing specific en ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: I cant take it anymore!!!!! by happyfamily6  19mo   1,575  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

Nile, Iím excited that youíre running! Like you, I notice that I feel worse if I back off. I just run 2-3 miles at a time, 3 times a week, and that seems to be a good balance. My shins bother me if I increase my distance or frequency. ... ... Cynthia, Oh, I feel for you! I was also wondering if youíd weaned yet. If so, that would explain it. If not (and trust me, I encourage long nursing with little ones), then maybe sheís decreasing her frequency or amount of milk. Maybe this is causing your hormones to shift. ... ... Here is something interesting to me: I started taking an herbal suppl ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Time for another dr. visit.... by happyfamily6  19mo   1,590  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

Life has been crazy since school started - havenít been able to get on here to post often, but I keep reading :) ... ... ... ... The restless leg thing has been a huge issue for me since the IUD was removed (3 years this November). There have been times over the last 3 years when it would disappear for up to a couple months, and then come back and plague me daily for a couple months! For the last 6 months or so, it has been off and on throughout the month. I can count on it either starting or stopping when I ovulate or start or stop my period. I canít find a definite pattern. But when my hormo ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: mirena and headaches by happyfamily6  19mo   1,910  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

Headaches and fuzzy brain feeling were a definite Mirena issue for me. Actually, they are a hormonal problem for me. The Mirena didnít help, and it brought on far more serious problems than the headaches. It canít do you any good! I suggest you have it out ASAP!!! ... ... Keep us updated, ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Getting periods back to normal? by happyfamily6  20mo   926  Mirena  

Personally, I wouldnít be worried. I had my first period post removal about a month later. It kind of depends on where you were in your bodyís cycle when it was removed (and it can be hard to really know the answer to that). Your hormones have been a mixture of synthetic and natural since having the IUD placed, and now your body needs to adjust. Anything could happen, so I would just relax and take notes on a calendar when you start. Hopefully a pattern will emerge sooner than later so you can predict things. Your body is programmed to regulate its cycles, but the IUD messed with tha ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: 2 weeks post Mirena Removal by happyfamily6  20mo   2,998  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

Itís so hard when youíve had the IUD out and feel better and then feel bad again. Itís a roller coaster, and it can happen again and again. I donít mean to be negative, but try not to let it freak you out when you feel better and then slide back. Itís worse for some women than others, but itís typical. Itís easy to start thinking that maybe it wasnít the Mirena after all, but itís not true. Itís just that the Mirena can throw other body systems out of whack, and for some reason our hormones are intricately involved, so we end up on the roller coaster. Like you, Iíve sworn off ALL hor ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: mirena anxiety it gets better by happyfamily6  20mo   1,849  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

Wow - your story made me cry. It makes me happy to hear how far youíve come. What sweet children you have to help take care of you! Mine also had to step up and help keep the household running while was in bed much of the day for almost a year, feeling like I was dying. ... ... Thank you for sharing your story - keep feeling better! ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: long recovery, "insult" to body, food reactions by happyfamily6  20mo   1,641  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

We could call ourselves ĒSuper Survivors.Ē ... ... ;) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Mirena hair loss after 18 months? by happyfamily6  20mo   3,135  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

Sadly, my hair loss has continued post-removal, but I think itís just my hormone imbalance, caused by the IUD as well as many years of the pill. Itís doesnít come out quickly in handfuls or anything - just slow, steady shedding. It was doing better for awhile but is starting up again. ... ... Iíve got to get my little ones into bed right now, so I donít have time to get into my long, sad Mirena story (there are many long, sad Mirena stories here!), but you can click on my user name (and anyone elseís) to read all my past posts. I have quite a few, but you can go to my earlier ones if youíd l ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Four and a half months post by happyfamily6  21mo   1,075  Mirena  

My dizziness is always worse during my period, and Iím almost 3 years post. I donít know why either, but itís pretty predictable. In fact, it starts about a day before the period actually starts. While I had the IUD in, and for about a year after removal dizziness and vertigo happened all throughout the month. The vertigo is gone now, but the dizziness creeps back during my period. It comes with a tingling/buzzing feeling in my head often as well. Itís quite lovely. ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Mirena hair loss after 18 months? by happyfamily6  21mo   3,024  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

Yes, the Mirena caused me to start shedding hair after about a year of having it in. Itís a pretty universal problem, I would say. Please have the IUD removed! Hair loss has been frustrating for me but not nearly as scary as the other problems Iíve developed from the IUD. ... ... Keep us updated! ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: TSH level by happyfamily6  21mo   853  Mirena  

Liz, thatís great to know. I live in central Utah (moved here from San Diego a few years ago), so I definitely should increase my dosage. Especially in the winter, I donít get out at all. ... ... So - just to make sure I understand you: you take 2,000 daily and then 4,000 a few times a week? Iíd love to get my levels up to the 40s too. ... ... Iíve considered using a light box this winter that offers some exposure to UV. Do you know anything about those? ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Hair loss round 2 by happyfamily6  21mo   966  Mirena  

Thatís a great link. ... ... I started taking Loestrin when I was 22 and stayed on it until I had the Mirena placed at 36. (Well, I came off the pill when I had my 4 children obviously, but then went back on it because it was the only pill that didnít make me extremely nauseated.) ... ... I didnít know it was a high-androgen pill. This must be why my hair doesnít shed as badly with the special shampoo/hair treatments (Bosley/Nioxin). These are geared for androgen-related hair loss. ... ... Iíd begun to wean off the shampoos last month because the shedding was improving. As of this week, Iím losi ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: hives by happyfamily6  21mo   2,434  Mirena  

Glad to hear that itís coming out :) That makes my day! ... ... Keep us updated on your RECOVERY - itís wonderful that youíre on your way to healing. ... ... Diana   [End]

• Re: hives by happyfamily6  21mo   2,407  Mirena  

Iíve wondering about you and your daughter! Iím so happy to hear that she is recovering. Your daughterís case has been more extreme than others perhaps, but it gives us all validation. If she was healthy before the IUD, and then ended up in her condition, and is improving now, that says something undeniable. ... ... Take care!!! ... Diana   [End]

• Re: How long to let Diatomaceous Earth settle before drinking? by happyfamily6  21mo   3,287  The Truth in Medicin  

Thank you for that clear summary! Iíve decided to get my DE out and start up a jug. ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: hives by happyfamily6  21mo   2,589  Mirena  

There are many urticarias, and they are related to dysfunction of the immune system. I had exercise urticaria (mild) for a little while last year but it went away after a couple months. I do know, by experience and from what Iíve learned on this forum, that the Mirena can mess with the immune system big time. Weíve all had our health ruined by the Mirena, and allergic reactions are just one of the many issues women have developed. I would suggest you have it out ASAP. Many of us had odd symptoms that came on gradually with the IUD, which we did not link to the IUD at first. For me, t ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: TSH level by happyfamily6  21mo   983  Mirena  

50 - thatís what I remember being optimal too. Do you supplement with 2,000 IUs every day, year round? I started at 32, and now am at 35, so I have room to increase. Iíd stopped at summer since I was getting more sun, but maybe I should keep up on it. I just didnít want to overdo it. ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Any suggestions please. by happyfamily6  21mo   981  Mirena  

For me, it started one month after removal and lasted for a good year and a half. I was having these flushing episodes daily, sometimes many times a day, accompanied sometimes by nerve pain. They were sometimes unbearable. I could only relieve it by elevating my feet and blowing a fan on them while misting them. I still remember watching my 3 year old daughter playing with her dollhouse and keeping the mommy doll in her bed all day with her feet under a pillow, because that was all she could remember me doing! I was in bed most of the time for a year. It wasnít just because of the fl ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: TSH level by happyfamily6  21mo   883  Mirena  

Mirena Diabolicalitis. There, weíve identified it and named it!   [End]

• Re: Any suggestions please. by happyfamily6  21mo   1,028  Mirena  

This has happened to me too :) I learned recently that there is an edit feature on each post up at the top. You can edit your message or cut out duplicate info if you want. I think that only a moderator can delete a message. The Edit option doesnít last forever, but it works for awhile (at least a day) when youíre likely to want to edit. ... ... Take care! ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Anyone else having ligament issues with mirena in? by happyfamily6  21mo   1,979  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

Dear Emily, Iím so sorry about your battle! I am 100% sure that the IUD has upset your health. Please have it removed. I didnít read ONE thing in your post that did NOT sound like an IUD reaction. I had horrible tendonitis issues with the IUD in. They improved almost immediately after removal. Of course, that was just one of my many issues that have needed time to resolve! ... ... Keep posting and hang in there! ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Any suggestions please. by happyfamily6  21mo   1,081  Mirena  

Youíre at a rough stage of recovery, I think. I remember being in my first year and feeling somewhat better than I had around removal of the IUD, but still pretty lousy. Itís so hard for this to drag out when youíre not used to chronic illness. Before the IUD, Iíd never had anything worse than bad colds and morning sickness (which was bad, but not anxiety-causing!). There are so many symptoms Iíve had (and some still lingering) that are so bizarre - like the Ēhot legsĒ you mentioned. These are symptoms that donít seem to be specific enough to give a good diagnosis, that make the Drs. ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: TSH level by happyfamily6  21mo   908  Mirena  

Hi! Thanks for your kind words and support :) I agree with the trip to Egypt thing. In my case, I donít want to travel, I just want to do some home improvement and serious landscaping. A new refrigerator, car... Goodness, with 4 kids, it costs enough to keep everyone going anyway. ... ... He didnít say anything about my nails and hair loss. I did bring them up specifically, but he just didnít know what to say. He said that if I wanted to throw enough money into it, he could recommend more tests and specialists to see so I could track my remaining symptoms down. So, I guess Iím still on ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Hair Loss AFTER Removal??? Please help! by happyfamily6  21mo   984  Mirena  

Iím going there today - Thanks!   [End]

• Re: Hair Loss AFTER Removal??? Please help! by happyfamily6  21mo   1,061  Mirena  

Hair loss has been a sad issue for me. Iíve used Bosley/Nioxin hair products to help slow the loss, and these work as long as I keep using them. Iíve been weaning off the shampoos a bit lately, and my hair loss increased but then slowed down again. Maybe itís leveling off at last. I donít feel like Iím losing as much now, but I donít feel like Iím growing/replacing any either. Iím using the hair products in hope that it will buy me some time (help me keep some of my hair) until my hormones start behaving themselves. ... ... Godismyrefuge, any particular hair,nails,skin supp you would rec ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: My Mirena experience by happyfamily6  21mo   1,950  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

My joint pain improved after removal too, especially in my finger joints where I had a couple sore, swollen ones. My joint pain wasnít terrible - I had more problems with tendonitis in my wrist. But this was 90% better within a month after removal, and it had been going on for a couple years before that while the IUD was in (not even improving with a cortisone shot). It would flare up from time to time in the year AFTER removal, but only for a few days or so. I used a Bone and Joint herbal formula with a lot of anti-inflammatory herbs, and this helped things settle down. I have no iss ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: TSH level by happyfamily6  21mo   1,042  Mirena  

To Melanderso (and others who are interested!), ... My TSH has gone up slightly to 1.01. This is what it was when I first started reacting to the IUD in 2009, and then it went down below 1 for awhile. My Dr. says this isnít a huge increase and that our TSH levels vary during the day anyway, so it doesnít tell me much. ... ... Take care!   [End]

• update - new labs by happyfamily6  21mo   1,330  Mirena  

Hello friends, ... I had a ton of bloodwork and labs done recently (the bill hasnít come yet but it will be huge). Just got the results from my Dr. a few minutes ago. ... ... Everything looks normal. Even my ANA is gone - it says ĒNone Detected.Ē My Dr. said it might show up now and then, but for now itís gone - yahoo! I still donít feel normal - still have neurological issues - some dizziness, definite shakiness/tremors that are always worse around my cycle, pretty severe restless legs/body especially around period and ovulation, thin hair, brittle ridge in my nails that like to split vertica ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena the device from He** by happyfamily6  21mo   931  Mirena  

I completely agree - it sounds like you have adrenal issues. I came to the same conclusion with myself early in my recovery. I started taking Adrenal Tonic by Mountain Mist Botanicals a couple years ago and am still taking a maintenance dose. It helped me more than any other supplement I tried. I very rarely get sick now. I highly recommend it if you want to use adaptogenic herbs. It has a great combination of herbs as well as sources of B and C vitamins, which the adrenals need. ... ... Hang in there! Keep taking care of yourself. You will get better. ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Should I have a Mirena fitted? by happyfamily6  22mo   926  Mirena  

I donít think anyone here will advise to have the IUD placed. :) ... ... There are many women who seem to do fine with it, at least initially. But it can completely overthrow your health, and itís just not worth the gamble. I would NEVER, NEVER do it if I could go back in time. ... ... I have sympathy for your bleeding issues. I pray you can find another solution. ... ... If you decide not to do the IUD, and let us know, I guarantee there will many women cheering for you!!! ... ... Best wishes, ... Diana   [End]

• Re: update by happyfamily6  22mo   774  Mirena  

Hi Cynthia, ... Iím glad your Dr. doesnít think you have lupus! Iím sorry you still donít have an answer. Keep hanging in there. You might need more time than I have because your hormones are in a different state after having a baby. ... ... I agree that just walking is a great thing for you. Just be sure to start out slow and build up very slowly and gradually as youíre able to. I started in December when it was colder because heat intolerance has been such a struggle for me. I can tell that the heat doesnít bother me now as much as it used to, even though itís very hot. I am building up ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: update by happyfamily6  22mo   790  Mirena  

Hi! I had the Mirena placed October 2007. It was removed November 2009 (after about 2 years in). So my 5 year date would be this fall, I guess. Interesting. ... ... I started running by only going around my block, mostly walking with a bit of jogging. I would come home feeling dizzy and spacey (at least more so than I had before I left). I didnít feel like it was helping me really, but a voice inside me has been telling me to do this. So I just kept doing it, 2-3 times a week, increasing as I was able to. Sometimes I would go out feeling lousy with my symptoms and come back feeling no b ...   [retrieve this message]

• update by happyfamily6  22mo   980  Mirena  

I just finished a good month and half of feeling quite good! At 2 1/2 years post, itís been my longest, strongest stretch of time yet. Iíve been running about 15 miles per week (about 3 miles at a time), and it has seemed to help more than anything. Iíve been working up to this level of exercise for the last 5 months, very slowly but surely. I felt 70-90% normal most days. I didnít feel very bad when my period came in there somewhere during that time. ... ... However, right now Iím ovulating, and Iím being hit with the worst restless leg/body problems ever. Also feeling a bit shakier than ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: How to contact Hv by happyfamily6  22mo   1,413  The Truth in Medicin  

Running right now... ... ... Thanks much! ... Diana   [End]

• Re: About Hv by happyfamily6  22mo   2,262  The Truth in Medicin  

Hey Marci, ... Now that Iím getting over wanting to cry, Iím trying to do as you said in saving the forum. Will I still be able to access the files from over the years even if itís deleted on CZ? Iím not very computer savvy. Like you, I was cutting and pasting individual posts that were relevant to me, but then I got lazy. I fear that saving it the way I am is just a way of bookmarking it, which wonít help if the info is gone later. ... ... The only reason I ever came to CZ was for this forum and the Mirena Support. It just stinks, ya know? ... ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Nausea 7 months after removal? by happyfamily6  22mo   1,608  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

Have you been tested for h.pylori? This can cause gastritis. The breath test is the most accurate. Mastic gum is effective against gastritis, if you want to avoid antibiotics. My daughter (13yo with stomach issues) takes mastic and finds it helps. ... ... I had recurrent strep infections around the time I started reacting to the IUD. I had repeated antibiotics (which I avoid like the plague now), and I wonder if these infections were the final straw for my immune system. Soon after that I started having my neurological symptoms. I use pau díarco tea now for myself and kids when we have ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Its been a while by happyfamily6  22mo   603  Mirena  

Iím sorry youíre still struggling! Itís so hard. How long post-removal are you? How did they determine that your thyroid was ĒfastĒ? Many of us have wacky thyroid issues too. Please let us know your appts. go with the specialists. ... ... Hang in there! ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Change.org petition - sign it and make Bayer start putting REAL side... by happyfamily6  22mo   1,291  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

Me too :)   [End]

• Re: Thyme May Be Better for Acne Than Prescription Creams by happyfamily6  22mo   1,467  The Truth in Medicin  

Great! Iím going to try it. Iíll try coconut oil first, since I have that on hand. The tea tree doesnít help their acne much, so weíll give the thyme a go. ... ... Thanks again ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Thyme May Be Better for Acne Than Prescription Creams by happyfamily6  22mo   1,513  The Truth in Medicin  

How about thyme essential oil?   [End]

• Re: Ozone Application by happyfamily6  22mo   694  The Truth in Medicin  

Interesting. A clean pillowcase at night would probably help too then. I have 2 teens, so this is good to know. ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Mirena has destroyed my body.... I want ME back by happyfamily6  22mo   2,590  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

My heart just kind of aches when I check this forum and see a new name with a post! Iím so sorry! Your story sounds classic. We all have a bewildering array of symptoms, usually not all of the time all at the same time, and some that come and go, and some that appear for the first time later in our recovery. Bizarre and frustrating. I second every word spoken by Godismyrefuge. This forum has been my sanity. I read heavily and daily for 3 months before I first started posted. I would laugh with disbelief and cry. ... ... Youíre on the road to recovery, and donít be freaked out if you s ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: If you spent more time helping people than attacking others...... by happyfamily6  22mo   1,077  The Truth in Medicin  

Nicely put LongNhi :)   [End]

• Re: for happyfamily by happyfamily6  22mo   656  Mirena  

Oh, thank you for saying that! Your words have made my day. I feel the same way about so many others on this forum. We all need each other. Sisters look out for each other. God bless you too :) ... ... Love, ... Diana   [End]

• Re: positive ANA again after 2 years. by happyfamily6  22mo   1,563  Mirena  

Iím so sorry, Cynthia. I wish I knew more about the blood results. I am curious about some of them that you mentioned and am going to research a bit. Yes, your ANA is high, which is signaling autoimmune, but I canít remember exactly what it all means. I guess youíre playing the waiting game again until you can talk to your rheum. Only now youíre scared because you have a little more info about your blood results. A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. But youíll get through this. If itís lupus, I know several people with lupus who all lead pretty normal lives once they get on ...   [retrieve this message]

• Yes, that does help! Thanks :) N/M by happyfamily6  22mo   457  The Truth in Medicin  

• Re: Environmental effects on insomnia by happyfamily6  22mo   456  The Truth in Medicin  

James, by any chance, do you have a you-tube video showing how to do this? What the parts look like, etc. Donít get me wrong - your explanation is quite clear. But sometimes a picture is worth 1000 words for us visual learners ;)   [End]

• Re: positive ANA again after 2 years. by happyfamily6  22mo   1,680  Mirena  

My ANA was positive in Nov. 2009 and 2010. My Dr. didnít have me tested last Nov., but Iím going to have some more work done soon, mostly to check my thyroid. Iím not sure Iíll have the ANA checked again because itís probably still positive, and the test was part of a whole arthritis panel that was very expensive. Maybe I should though. Still deciding. ... ... What a pain to have to wait! ANAs are just autoimmune antibodies. Probably created because we had a foreign object in us. So, has your titer changed at all? Is there a pattern mentioned for the ANA? Was there anything else abnor ...   [retrieve this message]

• Great info - thanks so very much! N/M by happyfamily6  23mo   511  The Truth in Medicin  

• loss of taste by happyfamily6  23mo   568  The Truth in Medicin  

Hi James, ... My mother has some strange things going on with her. Hereís some background info that may or may not be relevant: ... ... Several months ago, she stopped taking Dilantin (for hormone-related seizures that she doesnít have anymore since she in menopause) but had been on it for a 2 decades up to that point. ... ... She recently had a hysterectomy. ... ... She has been under a huge amount of stress since retirement last summer, move to a new state, and building a new home (which has been fraught with problems). ... ... Starting a couple years ago, she began having some numbness/tingling in parts ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Hate this by happyfamily6  23mo   704  Mirena  

We all understand, sweetie :)   [End]

• Re: Bumpy nails Mirena side effect? by happyfamily6  23mo   3,766  Mirena  

I still wonder, Cynthia, if your nursing is holding your recovery back a bit, just because of the hormone levels. That said, I encourage the nursing (I nursed all of my children for a long time), but maybe just realize that your timetable for recovery is taking longer because of that. And when you do finally wean, you might see some changes. I donít know. I only say that because I can tell that my hormones are still doing strange things. ... ... So yes, I feel like Iím improving, although the remaining symptoms still plague me and can be miserable (some muscle weakness, tremors, twitching ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Hate this by happyfamily6  23mo   785  Mirena  

I know - itís so hard. Sliding back after feeling better is emotionally and mentally defeating. Not too fun physically either. And it seems to happen to just about everybody. Even after the IUD is gone. It has a way of spawning fears and anxiety like nothing else. For some reason, when Iím struggling after a period of feeling better, I get stuck thinking that Iíll never go back to feeling better again - that Iíll just keep going downhill until I die early. But good days do come back, although itís hard not knowing how long it will take. ... ... Hang in there!!!! ... ... Love, ... Diana   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Bumpy nails Mirena side effect? by happyfamily6  23mo   3,837  Mirena  

Thank you!!!!! Same to you :)   [End]

• Re: OB thinks is's autoimmue, not hormones by happyfamily6  23mo   1,477  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

Iím excited that youíre having all these tests, Cynthia! I pray they will bring you an answer or peace of mind. Iím saving up to go in and have some more labs done too. ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Bumpy nails Mirena side effect? by happyfamily6  23mo   3,832  Mirena  

My nails are somewhat better. Now I just have vertical ridges that like to split. They arenít distorted anymore. ... ... I am doing better lately. I after a difficult fall and winter (about 6 bad months in a row), I have had 2 better months. I wonder if itís because Iím out in the sun more. Iíve increased my exercise level too (jogging, bike-riding), and this seems to help. I am not symptom free though. I still struggle with general shakiness and tremors. My hands especially are still shaky, and I can see the ĒflutteringĒ in my fingers when I use them. I have a strange weakness in my h ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Bumpy nails Mirena side effect? by happyfamily6  23mo   4,266  Mirena  

Cynthia, yes my nails are rather a mess now since I became ill. I didnít notice anything during my first 2 years while I had the IUD in and was not reacting to it. ... ... Tell me more about your nails - the bumps you see. ... ... I have vertical ridges that have formed on my nails that split easily. I have to keep my nails pretty short. Last year I had a horizontal ĒditchĒ (Beauís lines) in my nails that gave them a distorted appearance for most of the year. That is better now, and I think it was related to a week of severe fever that Iíd had (no other symptoms - no sign of infection). The ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Abnormal Pap Smear by happyfamily6  23mo   2,000  Mirena  

Wow - this is good info for every woman to have. ... ... Great to see you on this forum again Hv! ... ... Diana ...   [End]

• Re: OB thinks is's autoimmue, not hormones by happyfamily6  23mo   1,563  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

Iím thinking maybe I should redo those tests too. ... ... And Iím not I agree either with the idea that having periods means your hormones are balanced. Iím sure itís true on a base level, but I think hormones are far more complicated than that. ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: either preg while on mirena or it fell out by happyfamily6  23mo   1,075  Mirena  

Just please, please, please donít have another Mirena placed in the future :) ... ... ... Take care! ... Diana   [End]

• Thank you :) N/M by happyfamily6  23mo   579  The Truth in Medicin  

• Great! Thanks James N/M by happyfamily6  23mo   1,180  The Truth in Medicin  

• Re: Ovarian Cysts?? by happyfamily6  23mo   787  Mirena  

Melanderso, did you have your CRP and sed rate tested in your blood work? Since these are indicators of inflammation in the body, and you have so much inflammation, I was just wondering. My results were normal even though I donít feel normal. ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• mastic gum/resins/kidney issues - quick question by happyfamily6  23mo   1,389  The Truth in Medicin  

Hi James, ... My daughter with the frequent nausea and GI problems has found that the mastic gum you suggested helps. It hasnít stopped it, but cuts it down considerably. She took mastic 2-3 times/day for a couple months and then stopped, since resins are hard on kidneys. ... ... However, her symptoms have crept back. So she is taking mastic once per day and finds it helps enough. I would call this a maintenance dose, I guess. ... ... Will this still be hard on her kidneys - one capsule per day? She is 12 (about 115 lb). Can she continue this indefinitely or until her issues resolve? ... ... Than ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: It's out, still suffering by happyfamily6  23mo   1,156  Mirena  

I have frequently had symptoms of blood sugar problems - classic symptoms, but my levels are always normal. This is the curse! I have clear symptoms of thyroid problems, but my levels are normal (although my TSH is at the very bottom of the normal range). Itís amazing how normal we can be when weíre feeling anything but normal. ... ... I wish you luck in talking to your doctor! Iím curious to see how it goes. ... ... Keep taking care of yourself. Itís true that dealing with these IUD reactions brings a level of uncertainty in our lives. For a couple years, I couldnít make any commitments b ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Another Mirena victim by happyfamily6  23mo   1,085  Mirena  

Welcome to the forum! Itís always eerie to read someone elseís experience when itís so similar to mine. I can say that my skin was somewhat better at about 6 months post. By 1 1/2 years post, it was awesome. Iíve had adult acne my whole life, and it is clear for the first time ever now that Iím off of the pill and the IUD. Sadly, I have many other neurological issues and problems that have resulted (Iíve been tested for the same things you mentioned), but my skin is great! My hair doesnít fall out as much as it used to, but that only improved after using the Bosley Revive products on ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: It's out, still suffering by happyfamily6  23mo   1,286  Mirena   R

Iím so sorry about your experience. Weíve all had horrible reactions, and there are so many women on this forum who can identify with your fear and suffering. There are some women who have had almost instant reactions, like yours. It took me a couple years to start reacting. Iím so glad youíve had it out! That is the first step to recovery, and you are on the right path. It can only get better, but it can be a roller coaster ride. Iíve often felt that it was 2 steps forward, 1 step back for me. ... ... It is normal to still feel symptoms, even though itís out. This can be frightening, ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Hveragerthi!!! anti-fungal eye wash by happyfamily6  23mo   747  The Truth in Medicin  

I found the thread I was thinking about that talks about eye infections: ... ... http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1703744   [End]

• Re: Hveragerthi!!! anti-fungal eye wash by happyfamily6  23mo   616  The Truth in Medicin  

I can only speak for myself, but James has given me so much free advice thatís helped me, I think he deserves any buck he makes. Thereís a wealth of information on this forum, free for the reading. I think he has to have a life (and make a living) beyond spending hours giving free advice. ... ... Just my thoughts :)   [End]

• Re: Hveragerthi!!! anti-fungal eye wash by happyfamily6  23mo   628  The Truth in Medicin  

It seems to me that Iíve heard it suggested to wash the eye with cooled pau díarco tea thatís been boiled for 20 minutes previously. Iíve never tried it. Maybe search on this forum under eye infection or pink eye and see if some advice is there. It might work for fungi too (?). ... ... Diana ... ...   [End]

• Re: Are you guys symptom free when u have "Good Day"? by happyfamily6  24mo   822  Mirena  

I donít think Iíve ever had a totally symptom free day. Iíve had days (not in a long time sadly) when my head hasnít been as dizzy, buzzing, or foggy, with no pains, aches, or malaise. But there is usually still something there still thatís not right: some shakiness, muscle weakness maybe. But on my best days, even these have been slight enough that I donít notice them. Some days I have energy and stamina, but the muscle tremors and whole-body shakiness are worse. Some days I feel achy like I have the flu. Some days I have sharp, needle pains in my toes or am exhausted. I never hav ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Anyone have this symptom? by happyfamily6  24mo   995  Mirena  

I have had pain in that navel area before, but it didnít last quite as long as it has for you. But I have a pain that comes and goes in my liver area that sometimes radiates to my ovary. Sometimes I feel it in my right kidney area in my back. Itís always the same pain, and sometimes I can feel it in all 3 places simultaneously. Sometimes itís more of an ache, sometimes a burning. Iíve had it since removal in Nov. 2009. My Dr. canít figure out what it is, but last time suggested that it might be endometriosis. Iíve noticed that it often coincides with my cycle, or the week before. S ...   [retrieve this message]

• Air Hunger by happyfamily6  24mo   1,018  Mirena  

Iím researching this problem. I found this site: ... ... http://airhunger.co.uk/ ... ... It has some info and forum comments that were helpful. Iím going to increase my magnesium dosage. ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Great to hear from you - thanks! N/M by happyfamily6  24mo   877  The Truth in Medicin  

• Re: Mirena is not always bad by happyfamily6  24mo   812  Mirena  

Well put ladies!   [End]

• Re: So frustrated...... by happyfamily6  24mo   1,010  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

Hi Kristi, ... How is your air hunger symptom doing? After explaining that my breathing problem is different (and it was at first), now I have to eat my words and say that Iím having the classic problem you describe. I just canít get a full, satisfying breath in. I do the deep breathing, the huffing, and get a bit dizzy, but still feel like Iím not getting enough air. I havenít had this for a long time. Strangely enough, the Ēforgetting to breatheĒ is not quite as bad, although it happens a few times during the night, but the air hunger, has taken itís place. Iím not sleeping. I have a ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: OMG,thank God I got it out tonight. by happyfamily6  24mo   854  Mirena  

I have a big smile on my face! Iím so happy for you :) Please keep us updated on your recovery. Good for you!!! ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: So frustrated...... by happyfamily6  24mo   975  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

Sure, hereís the link. Itís about one inch below this post of mine (on my screen). I havenít read it in detail - just skimmed it. Iíll try to find the post by the woman whose Dr. told her she was allergic to her own progesterone. ... ... :) ... Diana ... ... http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1928748#i   [End]

• Re: So frustrated...... by happyfamily6  24mo   1,032  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

Yes Kristi, I think weíve both been at this long enough :) Thank you for your prayers and caring. It really means a lot to me. Caring is so powerful. ... ... Iíll be getting on FB soon! ... ... I very rarely have the air hunger as you describe it, but I have had it before, although it was not with the Mirena. Maybe during pregnancy, I think. I know how it feels. In fact, my teenage kids (a boy and a girl) have had it before, so Iím wondering if itís just a puberty/hormone thing (?) ... ... My air problem lately and usually is with the forgetting to breathe just as Iím falling asleep. I breathe ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: So frustrated...... by happyfamily6  24mo   1,143  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

I noticed you hadnít posted in awhile, and I was actually wondering about you recently. Iím sorry youíre struggling again! Iím sure youíve read my recent ĒcomplainingĒ posts since Iím relasping again. Iíve been in a 5 month crash, I feel. I havenít had a good month in a long time. Hang in there! ... ... Love, ... Diana   [End]

• Re: 2 unrelated questions (vagus nerve and Adrenal Tonic) by happyfamily6  24mo   818  The Truth in Medicin  

Iím reading through posts on Jamesís MMB message board, and I found the answer to my question about the Adrenal tonic formula. ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: been looking for answers by happyfamily6  24mo   814  Mirena  

I canít tell you how many times Iíve been with someone like that, feeling like I was going to pass out or explode - sometimes struggling to even focus on their face - but hiding it all the time! It happened yesterday in fact. ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: been looking for answers by happyfamily6  24mo   779  Mirena  

Youíre a sweetheart :) Thank you, and it does help to be reminded that Iím not alone. I pray that you will start to recover soon too! ... ... Love, ... Diana   [End]

• Re: hormone test after prog. cream by happyfamily6  24mo   618  Mirena  

My GP said I could have my hormones tested (I asked him about it), and he said I could, but he didnít have much faith in the accuracy of the results. He said theyíre constantly fluctuating, and whatís normal for one might be off for another. So, Iíve put off having them tested, although I sometimes get desperate and consider it again! I just know that at 2 1/2 years post, Iím still adjusting. My cycles vary quite a bit in length and Ēstyle.Ē But Iím afraid to use anything synthetic or even bio-identical to supplement. ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Looking for a good introductory book to herbal medicine.. by happyfamily6  24mo   740  The Truth in Medicin  

On the main page of his website, James has some recommendations: ... ... http://www.mountainmistbotanicals.com/ ... ...   [End]

• Re: been looking for answers by happyfamily6  24mo   799  Mirena  

What bugs me is that Iíve started up with these symptoms again after not having them for a year. But something is brewing with my hormones, because all of my symptoms are off the charts this month. Last night I was up until almost 3am with the whole Ēforgetting to breatheĒ thing. Itís been happening quite a bit this month. I am easily chilled and overheated. Anxiety is bothering me, which is never been much of a problem. Itís like my autonomic system is going haywire. I also have tremors, twitching, and a tight headache. Itís hard to focus. ... ... Just needed to vent a bit there. Ií ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: One year anniversary by happyfamily6  24mo   678  Mirena  

One year! Thatís a wonderful milestone, and Iím delighted that youíre doing so well. ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: my IUD story by happyfamily6  24mo   591  Mirena  

Thank you for posting your story! We are all benefited by each othersí experiences. Iím so sorry for what youíve been through. It sounds like you still have the IUD (?) - if so, please have it removed ASAP. GI problems and pain are classic issues for Mirena victims. ... ... Please keep us updated! Wishing you better days ahead... ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: My 2 yr Mirena Nightmare!! by happyfamily6  24mo   711  Mirena  

I ditto your comments 100%! ... ... I would add to your 2 reasons for crying when we found this forum: #3 We knew we werenít alone. ... ... Take care, ... Diana   [End]

• Re: been looking for answers by happyfamily6  24mo   893  Mirena  

May I ask what you mean by flu-like? I have had episodes of bad malaise where I feel achy, sometimes chilled, and feverish. Often I run a low fever during these episodes. I generally donít have any other symptoms that would suggest a virus. I usually donít have a big appetite, but Iím not nauseated either. I had this problem before the IUD was removed as well as after. It comes and goes for me still. Not sure why. ... ... Is that how you would describe it? ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: How can I contact James? by happyfamily6  24mo   635  The Truth in Medicin  

I might be wrong, but it sure seems to me that James still posts here, as often as anywhere else, but he is busy and it can take awhile. I think I just read a response down below on the page which he wrote 10 hours ago.   [End]

• 2 unrelated questions (vagus nerve and Adrenal Tonic) by happyfamily6  24mo   813  The Truth in Medicin  

Hi James, ... Is stimulation of the vagus nerve ever NOT a good idea? Can it exacerbate any conditions? ... ... I believe you once posted about your reasons for altering your AT formula, but I canít find it with search feature. I have some of your old bulk powder formula (which I recently ordered) as well as some of your new capsules. Why the new ingredients in the capsules, and why did you drop any of the old (like the Siberian ginseng, if I remember correctly)? ... ... Thanks! ... Diana   [End]

• Re: dreams and symptoms by happyfamily6  25mo   846  Mirena  

Thanks for your support, Melanderso! I did some research and found that increased progesterone levels often cause intense, vivid dreaming. I wonder if prog. increases before starting a period. I started my period yesterday (finally) and did NOT have the intense dreams all night long last night. It was nice. But I did have trouble with very restless legs, which I havenít had for awhile. Also, today I donít have the headache/nausea that I had last week. I feel better now that Iíve started my period, which is backwards. Strange. ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• dreams and symptoms by happyfamily6  25mo   1,126  Mirena  

Okay, Iíve been having a rough time for the last 5 ... months, but the last month has been really bad, which is why I havenít posted much. Iím hoping that some sunlight will help once itís warm enough to go outside again. Iím inside the house all winter unless Iím shoveling snow. ... ... Iím almost 2 1/2 years post now. Way too long to not be back to normal, I feel. But I am stronger and functioning much better. I just want to be all the way better. ... ... Iím due to start my period - in fact Iím 4 days late - which has only happened 2 other times during the last 6 months. I was never late durin ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: hair thining,has anybody else had this? by happyfamily6  25mo   507  Mirena  

Iím going to look into it. Thank you :)   [End]

• Re: Or Excess Copper? by happyfamily6  25mo   2,334  The Truth in Medicin  

ĒLine upon lineĒ for everything! ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Or Excess Copper? by happyfamily6  25mo   2,369  The Truth in Medicin  

Thanks for another link about copper! Thatís the focus of my study right now. ... ... My issues are largely neurological: some dizziness, spacey head feeling, shakiness/tremors, erythromelalgia/flushing disorder, mild anxiety, trouble sleeping, pressure in my head, which tweaks my vision somehow, sensitivity to loud sounds and lights, hair loss, and some others, but those are the main ones. I do have autoimmune antibodies, but all of my other tests, including MRI to rule out MS, are normal. My issues stem from a reaction to the Mirena, and Iím about 70% recovered, but hoping for even bette ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Or Excess Copper? by happyfamily6  25mo   2,432  The Truth in Medicin  

I was just reading on the Mirena forum where someone posted this article: ... ... http://drlwilson.com/articles/copper_toxicity_syndrome.htm ... ... ... Iím in the middle of reading it and trying to figure out if itís accurate, true, etc. Itís not very scholarly, and not very well edited. But the main idea might be right. Any thoughts, anyone? ... ... Iím starting to wonder if this is related to my problems. The very next post I read, after the link, was yours on this forum, so it makes me wonder even more. ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: hair thining,has anybody else had this? by happyfamily6  25mo   556  Mirena  

Iím interested in your product! I use the Bosely products which do the same thing, but they are pricey. Do you have a scalp treatment or just the shampoo/cond? Do you have to buy them through a salon? ... ... Thanks, ... Diana   [End]

• Re: webanswers.com by happyfamily6  25mo   999  The Truth in Medicin  

Maybe this is why I would try to look at your answer to a question, and then it would say that the question was unanswered (even though the previous screen had said there was an answer.) ... ...   [End]

• Re: Praying for a miracle! by happyfamily6  25mo   554  Mirena  

Iíve decided that immediate healings, which can and do happen, are Ēfaith-strengtheningĒ experiences. When we donít have the immediate healing we pray for, and we have to continue to struggle and trust in God, then we are having a Ēfaith-perfectingĒ experience. God gives us the type of experience we need the most to help us become like Him. Suffering helps us develop empathy for the suffering of others, patience, and the ability to hope when there is no reason to hope. His eyes are always on us. I know for a fact that if I had recovered quickly, I wouldnít have embarked on my quest to ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Mirena has made an impact on my life by happyfamily6  25mo   585  Mirena  

Welcome to the forum! Iím glad youíre having it out, and I hope you recover quickly. ... ... Please keep us updated on how youíre doing! ... ... :) ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Twitching in my chest. Anyone else had this? by happyfamily6  25mo   9,200  Mirena  

When I start to twitch (it happens some months and not others) itís usually in my leg muscles (a particular place in my thigh and my upper calf) or my mid-chest area right at the bottom of my sternum, slightly to the right, kind of in the muscle above my lower rib cage. Almost near my diaphragm. It feels really strange, and has been really bad during some months (happening all night long for instance). ... ... On you, does it affect the heart beat/rate itself? Do you think itís actually the heart muscle, or a muscle near it? ... ... Earlier in my recovery (in my first 2 years), the twitching was ...   [retrieve this message]

• Thanks friends! by happyfamily6  25mo   994  The Truth in Medicin  

Thank you everyone for the suggestions! Iíve passed them on to my friend. Hanna, I knew there had to be a link like that - just couldnít find it. ... ... I hope she gets on the probiotics. Itís hard to see her health being ruined like this. She hates to do it too, but itís hard to be sick with a bacterial infection at the doctorís office and say ĒnoĒ to the inevitable Rx. ... ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Thyroid Testing-PLease post your TSH results by happyfamily6  25mo   2,793  Mirena  

My TSH was .8 and .7, as I recall, but I havenít had it checked for 1 1/2 years. Iím thinking of checking it again. Iím developing fine tremors in my hands, and itís really bothering me. ... ... My last couple months have been really bad, I admit. But I was also starting my cycles later than normal, and they were lasting longer, which was very weird. I just finished my period, and it was more normal (normal for post-Mirena that is). This month seems to be starting out a bit better. ... ... Those old fears of Ēmaybe I have an undiagnosed neurological diseaseĒ have been cropping up again! ... ... ...   [retrieve this message]

• increasing breastmilk supply by happyfamily6  25mo   1,012  The Truth in Medicin  

A friend of mine with a 2 month old baby is struggling with a dwindling milk supply. The mother has had antibiotics regularly over the last 4-5 months for respiratory infections and then (mostly recently) a UTI and mastitis. She just had an allergic reaction to the most recent antibiotic, and Iím worried about her. Are the Adrenal Tonic herbs safe for a nursing mother? I think she needs to rebuild her immune system. Are the Big 3 (pau díarco, andographis, and chaparral) okay with nursing? Any suggestions to increase milk supply? ... ... Iíve been searching past posts for answers and will ...   [retrieve this message]

• Thank you James!!!! n/m by happyfamily6  25mo   679  The Truth in Medicin  

• Re: Detox suggestions by happyfamily6  26mo   851  Mirena  

Sorry to take so long getting back to you. Our family has been visited by a flu bug for the last few weeks. ... ... Here are the alcohol-free bitters I use: ... http://www.vitacost.com/Flora-Floradix-Gallexier-Herbal-Bitters ... ... You can also buy grape bitters, swedish bitters, and chinese bitters. ... ... Iím not sure how it works exactly, but they are recommended for better liver function and improved digestion. ... ... Hereís a site with some info: ... ... http://evenstaronline.com/articles/bitters.html ... ... It confirms what Iíve read generally about them. ... ... :) ... Diana   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Detox suggestions by happyfamily6  26mo   841  Mirena  

You can always just use digestive bitters before meals. Not as fancy as the other protocol, but itís a gentle way to detox. Start with one meal a day and slowly work up to three, drinking lots of water to flush out toxins as theyíre released by the liver. Since the liver breaks down excess hormones, itís also a gentle way to regain hormone balance. Most bitters are alcoholic (Grape bitters are popular), but you only need 1/4 of a dropper -just enough to taste them, which stimulates the vagus nerve. I use non-alcoholic bitters for personal reasons. (This is not my brilliant idea, but ...   [retrieve this message]

• psoriatic arthritis by happyfamily6  26mo   844  The Truth in Medicin  

A friend of mine (female, late 30s) was just diagnosed with this. She has swelling in her fingers and mild skin psoriasis in a couple areas which is helped by steroid cream. Her real complaint is the psoric arthritis. Her labs are pretty normal except for elevated ESR. ... ... Her Dr. put her on prednisone, which she has finished, and now has her on methotrexate. Iíve told her my view of treating autoimmune illness this way and gave her some links to your articles and products on MMB. She has decided not to continue with high doses of NSAIDS (which sheís had on top of the other drugs) sinc ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: webanswers.com by happyfamily6  26mo   1,179  The Truth in Medicin  

Sorry if I asked my questions too blatantly :)   [End]

• Re: webanswers.com by happyfamily6  26mo   1,231  The Truth in Medicin  

Thatís just what I wanted to know! ... ... Thanks, ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Losing my mind! by happyfamily6  26mo   543  Mirena  

Shira shira, I recorded my symptoms too. For 2 whole years! Itís a great idea. I bought a cheap calendar, dedicated only to my hormonal issues, and recorded ovulation, cycles, symptoms, and good/bad days. I was obsessive about it. For a whole year, I rated each day on a scale of 1-10. Most of my days were 4s or 5s. I occasionally referred back to them to see if certain issues were happening at certain times. It was also just therapeutic to write it down. I guess itís a good sign that I havenít recorded anything, except for when I start my period for about 6 months now. I naturall ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Losing my mind! by happyfamily6  26mo   615  Mirena  

Hang in there Ashley! 4 month crashes are pretty normal. They can happen any time, but I remember when I first joined this forum (2009) that there was a lot of talk about the 4 month crash. A crash is just when your symptoms, whatever they were, surge back with a vengeance after youíve been feeling better. For some, itís anxiety and panic, for others it can be neurological or physical pain. There seems to be no end to the variety LOL! ... ... I have definitely had crash months where it seemed to last the whole month until I had another cycle. I donít mean to be discouraging, and it might ...   [retrieve this message]

• webanswers.com by happyfamily6  26mo   1,395  The Truth in Medicin  

Iíve been poking around on the site. Your link goes to a general page, but is there a more specific link that would take us to your ĒpageĒ or a place where you post specifically? Iím not very experienced with forums (CZ was my first and only so far), but it seems like anyone can post a question about anything and anyone can answer it. Is there a recommended way to navigate the site? ... ... Probably a dumb question. ... ... Thanks! ... Diana   [End]

• Re: Update - narrowed it down to dairy by happyfamily6  26mo   14,303  The Truth in Medicin  

And James (Hveragerthi) has a great prebiotic product even though he didnít suggest it: ... ... http://www.mountainmistbotanicals.com/formulas/flora.htm ... ... Diana   [End]

• Re: exercise! by happyfamily6  26mo   1,390  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

I too am glad to know Iím not alone with the speech thing. Everyone says itís because I have 4 kids and am so busy, but it really wasnít an issue for me until I started my general reaction to the IUD. ... ... I also felt too exhausted to exercise for a long time. I was pushed into it unwillingly when we moved to a new home last summer. The house we were moving into needed to be scoured (Iím a clean freak), and I only had a couple days to do it. I pushed myself beyond my limits considerably. I had no choice. I felt awful by the end of each day. But, to my honest surprise, it didnít kill ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: 4 months post !!! by happyfamily6  26mo   974  Mirena  

Ooh, I want to read that article! ... ... My Dr. recommended fish oil for dry eyes, which is a good idea for us anyway. I know that my dry eye problem has improved tremendously over the last couple years since removal. I always struggled with dry eyes anyway while on the pill, but it worsened with the IUD. I was trying different brands of soft lenses meant to work with dry eyes (while on the IUD) but it didnít help. Also I used an eye drop called Soothe XP by Baush and Lomb with mineral oil. It seemed to help better than other drops. I use it only once a month or so on average now, whic ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: My update on the pseudo turnor cerebri by happyfamily6  26mo   1,427  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

You know, just thinking about meeting people on this forum at a group gathering makes me get teary! What empathy and understanding we would share immediately. ... ... I would say that the main problems I still have consistently are a shakiness in my hands (like a tremor I see when Iím reaching for something - not a resting tremor); a feeling of lack of coordination sometimes when Iím moving around quickly; a feeling of pressure in my head thatís sensitive to certain lighting and that makes my vision feel ĒtweakedĒ somehow, though not exactly blurry; brain fog (but better than it used to be); s ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: My update on the pseudo turnor cerebri by happyfamily6  26mo   1,486  Mirena  Ü C Ü  

Iíve been wondering about your PTC quest, and itís great to have that info. I really appreciate your attitude in your post (youíve always had an inspiring attitude!). Iíve had a rough week with this period, especially after it ended 3 days ago. Since it stopped, Iíve had a resurgence of symptoms I havenít really had for 9 months: partial numbness in my right arm and leg, severe leg/body restlessness at night, heart palps, tingling in my forearms and brain, some twitching, very spacey head (carbonated brain ;). I guess this is a setback, but truly Iíd had a very long time of feeling go ...   [retrieve this message]

Forum Pages
1  2  3  4  5  6 7  

Filter Messages: order by

Selected Ads from CureZone Sponsors: Become a Sponsor

VIP

Colon Cleanse
Safely relieve bloating and constipation associated with an unhealthy colon.
I regained my life!
I no longer worry about having Herpes outbreaks
High Blood Pressure?
3 easy exercises drop blood pressure below 120/80 as soon as today
Proven Mirena Detox
Has Mirena Made Your Life Hell? Treat Side Effects Naturally & Quickly in...

PLAT

Liver Cleanse
Eliminate any foreign substances that may be trapped in your liver.
Free Book by Dr. Clark!
Bestselling author Dr. Hulda Clark claims to have cured cancer

GOLD

Proven medical anti-diabetic benefits
Electrolyzed drinking water significantly reduces blood...
Opc Oleander Capsules
HIV and Cancer Support, 15% discount with CZ discount code of LR001
Destroy Parasites Quickly
Learn How to Destroy Parasites And Be Free of Your Unbearable Sympt...

GOLD

The Ultimate Lemonade Cleanse
For the first time ever, we have created a complete Lemonade Cl...
Detoxify and Cleanse Naturally
Drink ionized alkaline waters medically proven health benefits...
Clark Magnetic Pulser
Introducing the most advanced magnetic pulser on the market today!
Natural Cancer Remedies

SILVER

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.
Oraltech Labs
Oraltech Labs is the largest independent researcher covering halitosis, bad Ora...
The Tesla Shieldô
Transformational Technology For Mind Body And Soul.
Tbyil Supplement Catalog
The Best Years in Lifeís hand picked top quality natural health comp...

Back To Top How many people click on the sponsord links? Become a Sponsor

Add This Forum To Your Favorites!

Share:  Facebook  MySpace  Digg  Reddit  StumbleUpon  Furl this page  Delicious  BlinkList  dzone  Simpy.com  Fark.com  BlogMarks  Wists.com  Google

Translate This Page:

French    German    Spain    Italian    Dutch    Russian    Portuguese    Japanese    Korean    Arabic    Chinese Simplified

1,072 messages, 480,015 topics, topics per page limited to: 150, average number of messages per page: 153, 7 pages,  29,296,184 page views

"Know yourself. Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
~ Ann Landers

Image Galler Mosaic Image Gallery         Image Galler Last 30 Uploads
Medianet Ads

Herpes Cure?
It certainly is a major breakthrough in how Herpes is Treated

High Blood Pressure?

$10 off Oxy-Powderģ
A special discount for all CureZone members!

Proven Mirena Detox
The Only Legitimate Detox for Treating Mirena Side Effects in 30 Days o...

Iodine Supports Thyroid Health
#1 Rated Iodine Supplement! 180-Day Money Back Guarantee. Fr...

Electrolyzed drinking water significantly reduces blo...

Scientist prove anti-diabetic benefits
Electrolyzed drinking water significantly reduces bl...

Learn How to Destroy Parasites And Be Rid of Your Unbearable Symp...

Dr. Clark: Best Prices You Will Find!
Tools for Healing is the number one source for produc...

Cancerís Natural Enemy
Opc Oleander, 15% Discount With Curezone Discount Code Of Lr001

Natural Cancer Remedies

Royal Supreme Flax Hull Lignans
Flax is a well-established source of the essential fatty ac...

Herpes Cure?

High Blood Pressure?

$10 off Oxy-Powderģ

Proven Mirena Detox

Cancerís Natural Enemy

Natural Cancer Remedies

Herpes Cure?

High Blood Pressure?

$10 off Oxy-Powderģ

Proven Mirena Detox

Cancerís Natural Enemy

Natural Cancer Remedies

Donate to CureZone

Guest Book - Liver Flush FAQ - News - Link Exchange - Add URL - How To Exchange Links? - About Global Directory

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules - Forum Trolls - Fair use notice

Staff's pages:  Owen - Wrenn - Maya

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Donors - Stats

Copyright 2014  curezone.com

fetched in 1.48 sec at 4/24/2014 3:11:11 PM, requested by 54.243.13.30, referred by http://curezone.com/forums/s2.asp?f=762&c=0&ob=d&m=happyfamily6 , requested 1 pages during this session, y=8