CureZone.com   Educating Instead of Medicating Like CureZone website on Facebook
Home > Forums20619 visitors online now Add To Favorites Log On    Join/Sign Up    User Finder   Inbox New
The Best Favorites

Newsletter:

Search:
Forums BLogs FAQ Images Health Diseases Diet Foods Cleanse Convert

Expanded All Messages [16273] Posted by wombat, Sorted by Date Source: Mosaic: Messages Across All CureZone Forums & Blogs

Read This First:  Success  Educational  Failed  Warning  BSA  RN  ALL R  ~BSA  ~RN  RRR  Image Embedded  Video Embedded Audio Embedded   Images   Description   Rules
 29,203,651 page views     2,106 messages     479,443 topics     108 pages
New Message Posting Disabled  

Original Layout     Add To Favorites!
Last Message
5m ago
Search:   Top 300

All Messages [16273] Posted by wombat, Sorted by Date   Back To Standard Forum View

Like Mosaic on Facebook.com
Forum Pages
1  10  30  50  ...  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  107 108  
  • Re: Wombat warns against iodine!   by wombat  35d   217  Iodine VWT

Absolutely. Thank you Moreless! ... ... And I can’t help but notice moreless leanings in you, more or less :)   [End]

• Re: Dear Testing....   by wombat  35d   151  Fight Club

V is full of love. He told me so himself. He’s so full of love that he has to adhere to a rigorous exercise schedule just to disperse his love all the world over. ... ... I love V. Very much. ... ... V!!!! xxoo!!   [End]

• Re: Wombat warns against iodine!   by wombat  35d   208  Iodine VWT

I experimented with the Moreless drink a bit. It gave me a lot of energy, I recall drinking it after liver flushes which can be quite draining. Now I know that the ”energy” was due to the kelp. I had the same reaction to my first drop of lugol’s. ... ... There was a lot of debate here on curezone about the moreless drink(mostly because of the use of calcium hydroxide), and old moreless himself. Search the alkaline-acid debate forum, and just about any other debate forum:) If memory serves, there was even a debate about the name of the alkaline-acid debate forum. It was originally called the ac ...   [retrieve this message]

• Image Embedded Iodine History Iodine is so special that...   R Educational by wombat  35d   416  Iodine VWT

... ...it has an entire day commemorated to it. Well, commemorated to eliminating iodine deficiency anyway :) ... ... ... iodinehistory.blogspot.com/2014/03/global-iodine-deficiency-disorders-day.html ... ... ... ... Tuesday, March 11, 2014 ... ... ... ... ... Global Iodine Deficiency Disorders Day~ Oct 21 ... ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... 2001 India Postage Stamp commemorating Global Iodine Deficiency Disorders Day ... ... ... ... ... ... Yes, I know. I should publish this ON October 21. I just got this stamp though and it’s so lovely I just had to ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Video Embedded Re: And as an addition...   by wombat  36d   213  Fight Club

Tommy I think you meant this: ... ... [Video Embedded Here]   [End]

• Re: OT - Love ya all   by wombat  37d   221  Iodine VWT

I’m there. I see Norway in my future. Can we please take a side trip to Sweden, the home of my ancestors? I know that Sweden is but a province of Norway, by the way. I’ve written 100 sentences, as you instructed. xxoo   [End]

• Image Embedded Re: Wombat warns against iodine!   by wombat  37d   369  Iodine VWT

...  ok Nancy Drew, girl detective. This is not the first time that this has come up and I highly doubt that it will be the last. Holy crap. How far I’ve come in 8 years. Thank God I was willing to put up with some skin eruptions(no, it’s not acne) to heal my fibrocystic breast disease. Love you Jenifer. You have a very fine mind :) ... ... ...   ... ... ... Here’s a link to the whole thread:  ... ... ... curezone.org/forums/am.asp ... ... ... And, there’s more. We battled moreless endlessly. And barefoot. and all manner of trolls over the years. Just ask. I’ve never deleted my posts and I never will. I ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Re: OT - Love ya all   by wombat  39d   310  Iodine VWT

And we love you. That can be taken one of two ways, either I am referring to myself as ”we”, the royal we. I do have delusions of grandeur from time to time so that could be the we that be. ... Or, I could fancy myself the spokesperson for a lot of people. And I am. and do. speaketh. ... I love you so much. You have changed my life for the better. I love the way you choose your words in order to(I think)... get others to think. No easy answers. ... Love you love you love you. Don’t tell G. I heard y’all are doing ”it”. Or ”doing it”. I’m not quite sure which. ... ... xxoo   [End]

• Re: Question for everyone   by wombat  39d   230  Fight Club

Interesting question. Why would you ask ”everyone” though? Wouldn’t it be sensible, though, to ask ”V”, or ”G”?   [End]

• Re: I totally agree with you, Glaxony...........   by wombat  42d   389  Personal Conflict

Mr(s) Get it Clear: ... ... The reason that I ever asked was because I was not clear on the subject(s) of discussion and I wanted to ”get clear”, as it were. ... ... My concerns were addressed and answered satisfactorily. Please don’t bring my name into this discussion in an ”it got so bad that...” sense. It didn’t, in my opinion. You are misrepresenting my motivation. And the fact that I flat-out asked is a reflection of the fact that I have the utmost respect for the majority of the posters in Trapper’s forum. ... ... The subjects(referred to in this thread) discussed on T’s forum just don’t interest m ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: NEWPIE!!!!!!!   by wombat  44d   293  Ask Trapper

I am so glad that you are back, I was afraid that you were forever lost to the ether. I e-mailed you but the address was old and. Well, I haven’t checked the email I sent it from in a bit either. Anyway. Love you. ”Knowing” you has been a blessing. xxoo. MAD LOVE!!!!!!!!!!   [End]

• Re: Does food taste bad in your mouth?   by wombat  47d   203  Iodine VWT

Food is one of life’s greatest pleasures and indeed is a reward. There. I contradicted myself:) ... ... I guess that my allusion is to the thought process that says... ”ok, I really shouldn’t eat this but I’ve been so ”good” all week that I deserve these chocolate covered ho-ho slathery creamy cruncho nuggets. Oh thank God. I have been so deprived!”. ... ... It’s that we need to re-train our brains in reference to what is good, truly good, and what merely stimulates the pleasure centers in the brain. ... ... Therefore, yea. I’m not down with the weekly ”reward”. ... ... I dunno about you, but I am deeply offe ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Iodine History: Early Io-enthusiam. Salt.   by wombat  50d   221  Iodine VWT

The dusty halls of the cellars and basements of the web...I love google books. auction sites, ebay, etsy. Antique stores, thrift stores, flea markets. I love history. ... ... We can’t let history be replaced with the dialogue of today. Our attention spans need to be. VAST. Timeless. ... ...   [End]

• Re: Does food taste bad in your mouth?   by wombat  50d   246  Iodine VWT

I would try to look at the ”restrictions” differently. See those restrictions as opportunities for experimentation. ... I am guessing that you are in a phase now when you are recovering from eating that is determined by cravings and moving into a phase when your body will desire what you need to thrive. But still, those old cravings persist... ... ... I stopped consuming gluten three years ago and now I am happy to say that I no longer get cravings. I do not overeat, in fact I undereat. It feels absolutely phenomenal to have mastered my appetite. ... ... Wheat, in particular stimulates cravings. It s ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Borax, iodine in shampoo!   by wombat  51d   377  Iodine VWT

Me too, Ebay loves me :)   [End]

• Image Embedded Iodine History: Early Io-enthusiam. Salt.   by wombat  51d   298  Iodine VWT

...   iodinehistory.blogspot.com/2014/02/worcester-iodized-salt.html ... ... ... ... Sunday, February 23, 2014 ... ... ... ... ... Worcester Iodized Salt ... ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cover, Worcester Iodized ... Salt Pamphlet. ... ... ... ... ... I got my hands on  lovely little pamphlet enumerating the various benefits of "iodin" in salt. Iodization of salt began in the United States in 1924, for the purpose of eliminating goiter. I applaud the efforts of the powers-that-be(was) at the time for actually att ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Image Embedded Re: Borax, iodine in shampoo!   by wombat  52d   444  Iodine VWT

... Victorian Trade Card~ ... ... ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... ... [Image Embedded Here]   [End]

• Re: overdiagnosis and liability   by wombat  53d   167  Iodine VWT

... 171.67.112.51/content/117/1/19.full.pdf ... ... ... A story is told by Juan Rosai about an atypical ... melanocytic lesion sent to him in consultation from a patholo- ... gist friend in private practice. ... ... After a long study, Dr Rosai ... decided it was benign. His friend thanked him for his opinion, ... but told him that he was still going to diagnose it as malignant ... melanoma. He said that if he called it melanoma and it never ... came back, everyone would be happy that the patient was ... cured. If he called it benign and it came back, then he would ... end up in court. ... ... This is the dilemma that f ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: My goodness! You are on a century-old dietary cure :   by wombat  53d   262  Iodine VWT

I love it when people rediscover knowledge of the past. Digestive enzymes were not available at this time but buttermilk certainly was. And apples, of course:) ... ... http://iodinehistory.blogspot.com/2013/10/apples-and-buttermilk.html   [End]

• Re: Constipated   R by wombat  53d   271  Iodine VWT

Well another thing to consider is also your stress level, your worry, anger and fear. It sounds as though you are quite vigilant with your diet, you’ve educated yourself, you eat really well(for the most part, but fer cryin out loud,what’s wrong with the occasional treat?) . You exercise. ... ... And what the heck is up with people that eat like crap, don’t exercise and never get sick? And live to be 100? ... ... Bowel activity is one of the most intimate and personal functions of the body. It can be a source of embarrassment and worry. It can stem all the way back to when we were potty trained, int ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Constipated   by wombat  53d   252  Iodine VWT

Psyllium can certainly be used as a short term solution but the problem with fiber-based supplements is that they cause dependence and destroy intestinal bacteria. ... ... http://www.fibermenace.com/gutsense/transition.html ... ... So use it sparingly and wisely. Fiber can certainly provide relief, short-term, but will cause lots of problems long term. Better to be sure that you are getting fiber in the form of fruits and vegetables on a daily basis. No ”extra” fiber beyond that. Just say no to bran anything :)   [End]

• Re: Constipated   by wombat  53d   266  Iodine VWT

The thyroid and eliminative function are intimately connected. The old doctors knew that all manner of ills could be ascribed to intestinal ”toxemia” ... including goiter and lumpy breasts. The fact that your constipation has gotten worse illustrates Dr. David Brownstein’s observance that hyper or hypothyroid symptoms may become temporarily worse with iodine supplementation. ... ... So, if you have always had trouble with your digestive system, that REALLY needs to be addressed. In my opinion, Konstantin Monastyrsky knows the digestive system . Have a look at his site: ... ... http://www.gutsense.or ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Wombats Wild Salve   by wombat  54d   361  Iodine VWT

testing. ... ... Did webbie fix it? wooooooooo   [End]

• Re: Wombats Wild Salve   by wombat  54d   367  Iodine VWT

subject line subject line subject line subject line subject line ... ... I love you. ... ... I wanted the message to be a surprise :)   [End]

• Re: Wombats Iodine Salve   by wombat  54d   409  Iodine VWT

Grizz I don’t care if you post the salve recipe all over the web, salve-making is easy. (That’s not my current recipe anyway). But the cream recipe is really not good, it’s not a stable emulsion(amongst other problems). Would you please just let it die a slow death in CZ’s archives ? I appreciate your enthusiasm, I really do, but OMG things change over time. I’m in deep doo-doo if you start pulling up my posts from 7 years ago and presenting them as current information/opinions. Love and kisses. Wombatino.   [End]

• I think yall will like this   by wombat  55d   495  V and G

https://www.adbusters.org/magazine/99/nicholas-carr.html   [End]

• Re: I miss the old CZ.   by wombat  55d   132  Webmaster

I don’t care for the subject line being changed to our response. I much prefer re:whatever. The forums look a mess, sez G-girl, and I agree. The changing subject line is confusing and annoying. ... ... Please change it back, webbie. Everything else is wonderful. I love curezone, I love you! ... ... I especially love Cora. :-*   [End]

• Re: Wombats Iodine Salve   by wombat  55d   456  Iodine VWT

Holy Moley Grizz, I was not expecting that! What a lot of work(that’s why I have not done it:) Yes, I have more, and since you have been so kind as to gather them for me, I’ll pull others out of CZ, my email and pms. Sooon... hahaha. Can you do me a favor please? The ”ordering info” post that you linking too is two years old. Prices have gone up. I also have new products. Also, please, I know what a good communicator you are so please make it clear that I brew on a cyclical basis and people can e-mail me to be added to my customer list but NOT necessarily to order. This is important. I’m ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Iodine History: Iodized Cigarettes   by wombat  57d   290  Iodine VWT

Not to my knowledge but some scotches are reputed to taste of iodine. :)   [End]

• Re: Iodine History: Iodized Cigarettes   by wombat  58d   404  Iodine VWT

Sweetheart, there’s a ton of info out there on that. I’ve pulled up a little: ... ... http://iodinehistory.blogspot.com/search/label/tuberculosis   [End]

• Re: Iodine History: Iodized Cigarettes   by wombat  58d   415  Iodine VWT

Thanks Grizz. :) And YOU are amazing for keeping the io-light burning brightly! Thank you for all you do, and have done:) ... ... Shortly after we started this forum in ’07, the DEA made it illegal to purchase lugol’s 5% in quantities greater than 1 oz: ... ... http://www.jcrows.com/iodinealert.html ... ... The reason being that iodine is used in methamphetamine production. Never mind that a lot of substances are used in metamphetamine production, the DEA chose to target iodine, an element vital for health. ... ... Let’s also ignore the fact that thousands die each year at the hands of doctors and pharmaceut ...   [retrieve this message]

• Image Embedded Iodine History: Iodized Cigarettes   RR by wombat  58d   512  Iodine VWT

...   ... ... ... iodinehistory.blogspot.com/2014/02/iodized-cigarettes.html ... ... ... ... Sunday, February 16, 2014 ... ... ... ... ... Iodized Cigarettes. ... ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Camel cigarette ad, 1935 McCall’s magazine ... ... ... ... ... ... Yep. Iodized Cigarettes and Cigars. Experimentation with inhalation of vapors of iodine was very common in the 1800s. Various means of inhalation are documented, by means of special apparatuses developed especially for that purpose, placing iodine crystals on a heated plate,  pastille ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Skin dehydrated bruised? tips please   by wombat  58d   257  Iodine VWT

How are your kidneys? ... ... The reason I ask is that the two foods that you mention in this post are high in oxalates, which can contribute to the formation of kidney stones. If you read this article, there is controversy surrounding this issue...: ... ... http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=george&dbid=48 ... ... I see by your posts that you are a type 1 diabetic. Diabetes and kidney disease are linked. What are you doing for your diabetes? ... ...   [End]

• Re: Gratitude   by wombat  61d   241  Iodine VWT

“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.” ... ... ... ― Cicero ... ... I think that we are all driven by the gratitude that comes of being given the chance to take hold of our health and our lives. Vibrant health is our most basic birthright and something that has eluded us for a variety of reasons. We have all been impacted in one way or another by wrong food choices, lifestyle choices, toxins, medical care etc. We have also seen our loved ones suffer needlessly and die premature deaths at the hands of the western medical system. ... ... When we are given that ch ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: the trick is   by wombat  61d   266  Iodine VWT

I agree wholeheartedly with that. Ginagirl not only brought new life to the forum, but she has sustained that life. And the lives of those she has touched. She is our strength. ... ... I LOVE YOU GINAGIRL!!!!! :)   [End]

• Image Embedded Iodine History: Io-eyes   by wombat  61d   422  Iodine VWT

...  A member of the facebook Iodine group is having trouble with the soft tissue around her eyes swelling so I remembered this gem I dug up a while ago, also the efficacy of povidone iodine in blepharitis, also Orlee’s assertation that ”sleepies” are a symptom of iodine deficiency... ... ... ... Making connections. It’s well known that the NIS(sodium iodide symporter) is present in the lacrimal glands(tear ducts). What role iodine plays in the meibomian(tiny oil glands along the lash line) glands is not clear. ... ... ... iodinehistory.blogspot.com/2014/02/io-eyes.html ... ... ... ... Thursday, February 13, 20 ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• offon topic. Connection between gluten intolerance and Sjogrens syndrome   RR Educational by wombat  62d   380  Iodine VWT

On topic because many peeps w/hashi’s also have celiac disease/gluten intolerance. ... ... Off topic cuz there’s nothing in here on iodine. ... ...   [End]

• Re: Iodine History- Large Doses   by wombat  62d   376  Iodine VWT

... ... ... test. this new format is kind of annoying atm and I wanted to see if the subject line would be blank if I put lotsa space up top.   [End]

• Re: Iodine History- Large Doses   by wombat  62d   374  Iodine VWT

Easy fer yo iodized arse ta say :)   [End]

• Re: the reason you cant go all natural   by wombat  62d   235  Iodine VWT

I wish I could read that without having to register at the site.... :(   [End]

• Image Embedded Iodine History- Large Doses   RR by wombat  62d   447  Iodine VWT

...  After reviewing recent posts on the forum it seems timely to repost this.  ... ... ...   ... ... ... http://iodinehistory.blogspot.com/2012/01/iodism-debunked-1922.html ... ... ... ... Saturday, January 21, 2012 ... ... ... ... ... "iodism" debunked, 1922 ... ... ...   ... ... ... ... source: "Life Shortening Habits and Rejuvenation", by Arnold Lorand, 1922 ... ... ... ... "...When iodides are given in certain quantities the symptoms of intolerance may present themselves, constituting a condition we term iodism. ... ... These symptoms are due very probably to an exaggeration of thyroid acti ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Hello, Welcome, and Thank You to Everybody   by wombat  62d   177  Iodine VWT

Welcome!!! Such a nice introduction:) Glad to have you:)   [End]

• Re: Information to back Iodine in high dosages..   R Educational by wombat  62d   248  Iodine VWT

Wolff-Chaikoff effect: ... ... http://www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/IOD-04/IOD_04.html ... ... This document explains why iodine has been demonized. That’ll give you some background...   [End]

• Re: First Dose Lugols 5   by wombat  64d   387  Iodine VWT

Salut! ... ... When I had that first drop(yes, drop, I was ... cautious), I KNEW that my body needed it. I felt waves of energy going through my body & my head... felt like I was waking up. ... ... Detox comes in waves. Hang on :)   [End]

• Re: Iodine Promotes a Tan in fair skinned people   by wombat  71d   497  Iodine VWT

read the part about melanin synthesis: ... ... http://anthropology.ua.edu/bindon/ant475/Skincolor/SKINCOLOR.PDF   [End]

• Re: V Forum morph   by wombat  80d   462  The V and G Forum

aaaawwwwwwwwwww congrats! ... ... xxxxxooooo   [End]

• Re:lugols saved my life   by wombat  81d   510  Webmaster Debate

lugol’s solution very likely saved my life. At the very least, it cured a long-standing fibrocystic breast condition. BTW, FBD IS a precursor to breast cancer. ... ... I loves me some lugol’s :) xxxxxxx ... ...   [End]

• Re: forum description   by wombat  81d   530  Webmaster Debate

forum description, written by none other than our dear webmeister: ... ... http://curezone.com/forums/description.asp?f=815 ... ... So go eat seaweed. Just pick it outa yer teeth before speaking in public next time. ... ...   [End]

• Re: Iodine History: Iodine and Methuselah   by wombat  84d   309  Iodine Supplementati

Are you remembering this ? :)   [End]

• Image Embedded Iodine History: Iodine and Methuselah   RR by wombat  85d   420  Iodine Supplementati

...   iodinehistory.blogspot.com/2014/01/iodine-and-methuselah.html ... ... ... ... Monday, January 20, 2014 ... ... ... ... ... Iodine and Methuselah ... ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... Nice little paragraph, pure conjecture of course, written by A. Judson Quimby, who attributed his good health, despite his career in rontgenology(the use of X-rays), to the use of iodine. More from him  here ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Methuselah, image source, wiki commons ... ... ... ... ... ... Could we be daring enough to give an additional reason other than the numerous o ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Evidence for intestinal malabsorption of iodine in protein-calorie m...   by wombat  87d   500  Iodine Supplementati

...  I really wish that there was another study out there that I could post here besides this one because I find it exceedingly cruel and heartless to dose third world children with radioactive iodine in order to prove a medical hypotheses. Sigh. This is a subject that needs to be studied further... ... ... ... ajcn.nutrition.org/content/26/12/1323.abstract ... ... ... ... ... Evidence for intestinal malabsorption of iodine in protein-calorie malnutrition ... ... ... ... Y. Ingenbleek 1 and  ... ... C. Beckers 2 ... ... ... +Author Affiliations ... ... ... ... 1 Institut Clinique de Nutrition In ...   [retrieve this message]

• Image Embedded Re: The Thyroid-Gut Connection, by Chris Kesser   RRR by wombat  87d   659  Iodine Supplementati

...  BTW, Steph, feel free to post links here, embed videos. The only time we worry about it is when a new poster repeatedly links to a commercial site. ... ... ... chriskresser.com/the-thyroid-gut-connection ... ... ... ... ... The Thyroid-Gut Connection ... ... by  CHRIS KRESSER  52  comments ... ... ...   3  ... ... ...   ...   ... ... ... ... ...   Buffer 4 ... ... ... This article is part of a special report on Thyroid Disorders. To see the other articles in this series,  click here. ... ... Hippocrates said: “All disease begins in the gut.” 2,500 years later we’re ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Sufficiency reached but still taking high dosages of Iodoral ?   by wombat  87d   481  Iodine Supplementati

I don’t think that large doses of iodine is what’s needed to repair her health. vegan diabetic, think about it...   [End]

• Re: Bath revisited   by wombat  89d   271  Iodine Supplementati

Therapeutic bathing has a long illustrious history, from hot springs to physician prescribed baths. Lugol himself was a proponent of ”ioduretted” baths. ... ... :)   [End]

• Re: one of the greatest minds i have ever known   by wombat  89d   355  Ask Trapper

I wish they would come back.   [End]

• Re: What kind of Sports do you do? HOw does it affect you? And what is u...   by wombat  89d   375  Iodine Supplementati

Hi Stephy :) ... ... Yes, if you’re exercising heavily you need more iodine because yes, you sweat it out. RE: sore breasts ... I would imagine that you’re wearing a sports bra. I know that this is a necessity when running but please, wear a non-restricting or no bra ... whenever possible. ... ... http://www.healingcancernaturally.com/breast-cancer-bras-lymph-nodes.html ... ... No, I did not read your past posts either. I did not have to because I read Kristina’s excellent response. I’m guessing that part of your problem is dietary. It takes a lot of commitment to be sure that you are getting proper nutrit ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: salt   by wombat  3mo   247  Iodine Supplementati

I had a sole habit when I started supping so that’s what I did and it seemed to work just fine. :) Search the term ”sole” within this forum, you’ll get lots of hits.   [End]

• Image Embedded Brew Time!!! :)   RRR by wombat  3mo   468  Iodine Supplementati

...   Getting lots of emails and PMs  so I guess it’s time:) ...orders in by Saturday, Jan 18, 6pm PST please, will ship Tuesday, Jan 21. ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... I have a new product, a 1.45 oz balm in a cute little hinged tin(the larger tin in the pic below). This product was inspired by some fantastic African fair trade shea butter and by a VERY blissful friend o’ mine:) The scent is earthy, luxurious and rich and the shea is the finest I’ve found. This balm is a fantastic "wherever" balm for parched winter skin. ... ...   ... ... ... ... ...   ... ...   ... ... paypal to lau ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Iodine History: Iodine, the great restorative, 1922   R by wombat  3mo   652  Iodine Supplementati

YES. SCORE!!!! I’ve got more from him, stay tuned. ... ... I like this: ... ... ”The first subjective symptoms that the individual has, following iodine administration, when there is a need for this element, is a sense of well being and of comfort, with a tendency to increase in exuberance of spirit and ambitions. The respiratory action is more active, and sensations somewhat similar to those experienced when oxygen or ozone is inhaled, occur. This is so characteristic that I have frequently heard it so expressed by patients, and have experienced it myself.” ... ... My experience EXACTLY. ... ... ...   [retrieve this message]

• Iodine History: Iodine, the great restorative, 1922   RRR Educational by wombat  3mo   765  Iodine Supplementati

Kind of a long read but so worth it!  ... ...   ... ... iodinehistory.blogspot.com/2014/01/iodine-great-restorative.html ... ... ... iodine the great restorative ... ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Physiological Iodine * ... ... ... Iodine as an Essential Element in the Animal Organism: Its Influence on Normal Metabolism: Its Relation to Glandular Activity, Control of Blood Pressure and Senility ... ... By A. JUDSON QUIMBY, M.D., New York. ... ... Iodine is one of the elements, widely distributed in nature and usually found in the form of salts or organic combination. It is one of the halogen group. It i ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Isnt the elemental iodine in Lugols toxic?   by wombat  3mo   403  Iodine Supplementati

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1309607#i   [End]

• Re: Eli Lilly is doin a happy dance!   by wombat  3mo   585  Iodine Supplementati

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raloxifene ... ... tamoxifen’s patent expired. Raloxifene will be a money maker for sure though! woot! ... ... gaaah nice side effects.   [End]

• Image Embedded Re: I wish Obama would pay for my iodine.   by wombat  3mo   651  Iodine Supplementati

... ... Breasts need ioDINE, aka elemental iodine, aka I2, aka molecular iodine      RRR  by   wombat   6 year   3,386 ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...     Just wanted to stress the importance of I2 intake for those that are dealing with FBD, PCOS, any hormonally-dr ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Obamacare To Cover Breast Cancer Prevention Drugs   by wombat  3mo   589  Iodine Supplementati

I recall reading years ago that ”chemopreventative” drugs were the future of cancer treatment. Let’s call a spade a spade here, shall we? These drugs treat fear of cancer, which, indeed, is prevalent. AAAAAAKKKKKKKKK!!!!!! ... ... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/09/obamac... ... ... WASHINGTON -- Certain medications that are intended to prevent breast cancer will be fully covered under Obamacare, in new guidance set to be issued by the Department of Health and Human Services Thursday morning. ... ... Women at increased risk of breast cancer can receive so-called chemoprevention drugs, including ta ...   [retrieve this message]

• Image Embedded Re: Repost- Avoiding hysterectomy, endometriosis, vitamin A   by wombat  3mo   844  Iodine Supplementati

curezone.com/forums/fm.asp ... ... ... ... ... ... ... wombat ... ... Women’s health- endometriosis, avoiding hysterectomy, vitamin A ... PM wombat      email wombat ... Date: 9/21/2009 12:01:25 PM   (  5 year ago ) ... Hits:    7402   Size: 22739 char.     Replies:   17  ... URL:    http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1494195 ... Status:        RRR [ ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Iodine History: I-Candy: Iodine pastilles. Experiment #1   by wombat  3mo   377  Iodine Supplementati

TY for your kind words Grizz and yes, I do like that history. Nice overview and the author is quite witty :)   [End]

• Image Embedded Iodine History: I-Candy: Iodine pastilles. Experiment #1   RR by wombat  3mo   528  Iodine Supplementati

iodinehistory.blogspot.com/2014/01/i-candy-iodine-pastilles-experiment-1.html ... ... ... Sunday, January 5, 2014 ... ... ... ... ... I-Candy: Iodine pastilles. Experiment #1 ... ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... ...   ... ...   ... ...   ... ...   ... ...   ... ...   ... ...   ... ...   ... ...   ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Iodine Cranberry Pates des fruits ... ...   ... ... I was inspired to do some experimentation with iodine cookery upon acquisition of this tin, Crooke’s Iodine and Black Currant Past ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Re: DON'T DO IT   by wombat  3mo   682  Iodine Supplementati

lolololololol   [End]

• Re: OMG! VWT has 404'd!!   by wombat  3mo   402  Iodine Supplementati

omg I remember when everyone was asking for a protocol, there was no protocol! We were all experimenting and reading... and the info I linked in that post was just about all there was. Now google iodine, iodine supplementation, iodine breast, iodine deficiency, iodine anything and there are zillions of results. I feel very blessed to have met all of you and having been able to contribute to this body of knowledge. xxoo!!!!!!   [End]

• Re: Hypertrophic scar on nose - possible to get rid of with iodine pleas...   by wombat  3mo   1,053  Iodine Supplementati

This link discusses what to do when piercings go wrong resulting in hypertrophic scarring. Perhaps some help here as well... ... ... http://awfulmodifications.tumblr.com/post/24396727636/the-dreaded-bump-hypertrophic-scarring-and-how-to ... ...   [End]

• Image Embedded Re: Hypertrophic scar on nose - possible to get rid of with iodine pleas...   by wombat  3mo   1,112  Iodine Supplementati

thyroid.about.com/library/derry/bl2a.htm ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Dr. David Derry Answers Reader Questions ... Brought to you by  Mary Shomon, Your Thyroid Guide ... Index of Q&As with Dr. David Derry ... ... ... ... ... Topic: Disappearing Iodine Test ... ... A Reader Writes: ... ... A friend of mine was just diagnosed with a possible thyroid disorder (her test was in the form of a drop of iodine on her arm and watching how fast it disappeared). Her chiropractor suggested she start off by taking something called Thyroid Helper which can be found at ..... Have you ever heard of this and do yo ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Hypertrophic scar on nose - possible to get rid of with iodine pleas...   by wombat  3mo   1,190  Iodine Supplementati

Hi Salenai:) ... ... First of all, do you have a less visible spot upon which to experiment so that you can familiarize yourself with iodine painting? For instance, I removed a suspicious-loooking mole years ago by painting 5% lugol’s on it. That process involved repeated painting. The mole absorbed the iodine, it dried up, raised up and fell off. I would paint oh I guess 3 or 4 times a day. The entire process took a week- 10 days or so. This was on my arm, though, and it was a mole. ... ... A friend of mine removed a keloid from her ear using the same process. That took a few months as the ke ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Patent and Proprietary Medicines.5328. Ayer's Sarsaparilla   by wombat  3mo   814  Iodine Supplementati

I wonder what is meant by fluid extract though? Would that be a tincture(alcohol)? Cool info tho, thx !! ... ... I’m going to add that info to my blog post. xxoo!! ...   [End]

• Re: Iodine History: Ayer's Sarsaparilla   by wombat  3mo   893  Iodine Supplementati

K babe we’ve got to brew some of this up. I’m quite sure I have most of the ingredients. It’s just about time for a spring tonic. What say you ? :) ... ... I am continually amazed at the variety of ways/means people used to get their daily dose. Stay tuned... :)   [End]

• Re: Iodine History: Ayer's Sarsaparilla   by wombat  3mo   827  Iodine Supplementati

That I don’t know, I have not found any info on ratios, measures, etc. ... ... I think we’ll add this to our list of experiments to be done though. People were so much more creative back in the day! :)   [End]

• Image Embedded Iodine History: Ayer's Sarsaparilla   RR by wombat  3mo   1,028  Iodine Supplementati

iodinehistory.blogspot.com/2014/01/ayers-sarsaparilla.html ... ... ... Ayer’s Sarsaparilla ... ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Ayer’s Sarsaparilla Victorian Trade Card ... ... ... ... ... Ayer’s Sarsaparilla was an extremely popular patent medicine sold in the United States in the 1800s. It was an all-around "tonic" medicine, reputed to be good for whatever ails you.  ... ... The widely held opinion now is that formulations such as these were "quack" medicines. I don’t know the exact sales numbers on Aye ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Millions wrongly diagnosed with cancer   by wombat  3mo   518  Ask Trapper

great post, you should post on io-sup :)   [End]

• Re: Not sure If I'm sold on megadosing iodine   by wombat  4mo   546  Iodine Supplementati

Dang I could’ve written that myself. RRRRRRRR   [End]

• Re: Hey Womby!   by wombat  4mo   312  Iodine Supplementati

Hell yeah! :) xxxxxooooo   [End]

• Glitchiness   by wombat  4mo   451  Iodine Supplementati

I’m having a really hard time posting replies in the thread below so I’ll just make a new post. Here are the replies: ... ... 1) I love you more ... ... 2) you are the coolest ever ... ... 3) thank you so much for stopping by! xxoo ... ... 4) Does it have a drop seat? :) ... ... 5) Here are wishes for a new year filled with abundant health, grace and prosperity ... ... Pick the one you like best, that’s yours! :)   [End]

• Re: Happy Holidays everyone!   by wombat  4mo   311  Iodine Supplementati

Lol no. Show me, plz?   [End]

• Happy Holidays everyone!   by wombat  4mo   385  Iodine Supplementati

Much love to you and yours this Holiday season! ... ... That is all :) ... ... xxoo   [End]

• Re: The Internet   by wombat  4mo   204  The V Forum

I knew it :) xxoo   [End]

• Re: The Internet   by wombat  4mo   215  The V Forum

yeah ya got to find me, too :)   [End]

• Re: Excellent Summary   by wombat  4mo   1,073  Iodine Supplementati

That is an excellent summary and I think that the author’s premise on why so many folks have a hard time supplementing iodine is right on. here, here! ... ... As far as nascent goes, it’s not my iodine supplement of choice but I understand that there are those that like it. ... ... Trapper’s Lugol’s w/magnets is the best iodine I’ve ever had. Smooth, a hint of oak and salt air. :))))   [End]

• Re:lol Glax! :) n/m   by wombat  4mo   1,625  Iodine Supplementati

• Image Embedded Re: a debate from over a century ago...   RR Educational by wombat  4mo   1,741  Iodine Supplementati

..and an accusation that we were met with on Curezone in the early days of this forum was that iodine caused disappearing/shrunken testicles and breasts. ... ...   ... ... I’m not arguing with you, Sir. :) Just sayin... ... ...   ... ... iodinehistory.blogspot.com/2012/01/mythbusting-1853-disappearing-testicles.html ... ...   ... ... ... Wednesday, January 11, 2012 ... ... ... ... ... Mythbusting 1853~ disappearing testicles and breasts due to iodine ... ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... I have found wasting/disappearance of breasts and testicles referred to in old literature although it is always referenced, no firs ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Image Embedded Edit_ ordering closed, thank you all!! :)   RRR by wombat  4mo   460  Iodine Supplementati

Getting lots of emails so I guess it’s time:) ...orders in by Saturday, Dec 7, 6pm PST please, will ship Tuesday, December 10. ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... I have a new product, a 1.45 oz balm in a cute little hinged tin(the larger tin in the pic below). This product was inspired by some fantastic African fair trade shea butter and by a VERY blissful friend o’ mine:) The scent is earthy, luxurious and rich and the shea is the finest I’ve found. This balm is a fantastic ”wherever” balm for parched winter skin. ... ...   ... ... ... ... ...   ... ...   ... ... paypal to laurasorganics@gmail.com . Shipping included. inte ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Iodine At Borderline Among Childbearing Women, CDC   by wombat  5mo   381  Iodine Supplementati

www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/243815.php ... ... ... Young American women of childbearing age have borderline levels of iodine, that is only just above what would be regarded as iodine deficiency, according to a new report released this week by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). ... ... This age group (20 to 39 years of age) also had the lowest iodine levels of any age group of women, according to the CDC’s Second National Report on Biochemical Indicators of Diet and Nutrition. ... ... Iodine is an essential nutrient that the body needs for healthy functioning of the ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Maternal-Fetal Thyroid Function at the Time of Birth and Its Relatio...   by wombat  5mo   376  Iodine Supplementati

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23763592 ... ... ... ... 1. Thyroid. 2013 Sep 4. [Epub ahead of print] ... ... Maternal-Fetal Thyroid Function at the Time of Birth and Its Relation with Iodine ... Intake. ... ... Velasco I, Martín J, Gallego M, Gutiérrez-Repiso C, Santiago P, López-Siguero JP, ... Mesa EG, Peral JH, Pérez V, García-Fuentes E, Soriguer F. ... ... 1 Gynecology & Obstetrics Service, Riotinto Hospital, Huelva, Spain . ... ... Background: The effects of moderate variations in dietary iodine intake on ... maternal and fetal thyroid function are poorly understood. Recent st ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Maternal, Infant, and Delivery Factors Associated with Neonatal Thyr...   by wombat  5mo   365  Iodine Supplementati

online.liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/thy.2007.0180 ... ... ... Maternal, Infant, and Delivery Factors Associated with Neonatal Thyroid Hormone Status ... ... To cite this article: ... Julie Herbstman, Benjamin J. Apelberg, Frank R. Witter, Susan Panny, and Lynn R. Goldman. Thyroid. January 2008, 18(1): 67-76. doi:10.1089/thy.2007.0180. ... ... Published in Volume: 18 Issue 1: January 28, 2008 ... Online Ahead of Print: December 6, 2007 ... ... ... Full Text PDF (14,904.7 KB) ... ...   ... Full Text PDF with Links (424.1 KB) ... ... ... ... ... Author information ... ... ... ... Julie Herbs ...   [retrieve this message]

• The Impact of Transient Hypothyroidism on the Increasing Rate of Congeni...   by wombat  5mo   373  Iodine Supplementati

Just putting the info out there...: ... ...   ... ... pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/125/Supplement_2/S54.abstract ... ... ... ... SUPPLEMENT ARTICLE ... ... ... ... The Impact of Transient Hypothyroidism on the Increasing Rate of Congenital Hypothyroidism in the United States ... ... ... ... John S. Parks , MD, PhD a ,  ... ... Michelle Lin , MD a ,  ... ... Scott D. Grosse , PhD b , ... ... Cynthia F. Hinton , PhD, MS, MPH b ,  ... ... Margaret Drummond-Borg , MD c , d , ... ... Lynette Borgfeld , MT c ,  ... ... Kevin M. Sullivan , PhD, MPH, MHA e ... ... ... +Author Affi ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Iodine History- Iodine and skin eruptions   by wombat  5mo   748  Iodine Supplementati

Not at the moment my dear V but you know that now that you have asked I will work on it :) And I’d LOVE to come back soon! :) ...   [End]

• Re: Iodine History- Iodine and skin eruptions   by wombat  5mo   901  Iodine Supplementati

and here I thought that you were going to expound on niacin. Oh well, I’ll take whatever I can get from you:) xxoo   [End]

• Image Embedded Re: vasoconstriction, lipofuscin accumulation, mercury, aluminum, etc   by wombat  5mo   1,106  Iodine Supplementati

Very limited info out there on iodine and vasoconstriction. Most of my search led me right back to the old texts! ... ... ... lipofuscin accumulation, from wiki: "It appears to be the product of the  oxidation of  unsaturated fatty acids, and may be symptomatic of membrane damage, or damage to  mitochondria and  lysosomes. Aside from a large lipid content, lipofuscin is known to contain sugars and metals, including  mercury,  aluminum,  iron,  copper and  zinc. [2]" ... ... ... http://hdl.handle.net/2078.1/20062 ... ... ... Direct toxic ef ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Image Embedded Iodine History- Iodine and skin eruptions   RR Educational by wombat  5mo   1,009  Iodine Supplementati

Abnormal vasoconstriction has not been studied enough IMO. ... ... iodinehistory.blogspot.com/2013/11/iodine-and-skin-eruptions.html ... ... ... Thursday, November 21, 2013 ... ... ... ... ... Iodine and skin eruptions ... ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... There is a plethora of info here, my main interest is on iodine supplementation’s effects on the skin. ... ... The premise is that iodism is caused by abnormal vasoconstriction and that iodine "acne", skin eruptions, etc are caused by plasma being forced out of capillary walls. ... ... Iodine and its preparations not only do not, as shown above, cau ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Feet aching/sore upon waking 6 days into Iodine supplementation   by wombat  5mo   281  Iodine Supplementati

I used to experience that on a pretty regular basis before I quit eating gluten. Now I don’t remember what pain is. Except when someone gives me a Texas-style bear hug :)   [End]

• Re: David Wolfe on Iodine   by wombat  5mo   502  Iodine Supplementati

That depends upon your intention but his suggestion to apply topically and then hold your hand over it is just silly. You can mix with a carrier oil and that will certainly prevent some, if not all, evaporation. ... ... Here are some historical uses for topical application, scroll down: ... ... http://iodinehistory.blogspot.com/search/label/topical ... ... Dr. John Meyers used iodine swabbed into the vagina as a treatment for fibrocystic breast disease: ... ... http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=839512#i ... ... So that kind of shows us the ”close to the area” might not necessarily infer direct physical proximit ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: GREAT website re; pet(and people) health   by wombat  5mo   333  Iodine Supplementati

I love this guy: ... ... http://dogtorj.com/   [End]

• Re: r, rr, rrr, rn, bsa....   by wombat  5mo   285  Webmaster Support

TY webbie :)   [End]

• r, rr, rrr, rn, bsa....   by wombat  5mo   298  Webmaster Support

All of those ratings, with the exception of ”R” are not available... ?   [End]

• Re: Question on Iodine vs Selenium Ratio   by wombat  5mo   701  Iodine Supplementati

If only there were a one-size-fits-all answer on this q! :)   [End]

• Re: half price sale on lugols   by wombat  5mo   448  Iodine Supplementati

w/ magnets :) ? Best I’ve ever had :)   [End]

• Re: Iodine History- an Iodized Detective Story   by wombat  5mo   540  Iodine Supplementati

That is beautiful and I think you might be on to something there dear Wind:) Mind, body, all one, eh? I certainly shed many tears myself. RAI treatment obstructs the tear ducts, BTW: ... ... http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=radioactive+iodine+tear+ducts&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8   [End]

• Re: great quote! perfect! :) n/m   by wombat  5mo   2,040  Iodine Supplementati  Cross-post

• Re: potassium bromate in bread contributing to rise in MS, hypothesis...   by wombat  5mo   2,054  Iodine Supplementati  Cross-post

Well things really went to hell about that time, eh? Where’s the quote from Orlee about future generations re: artificial sweeteners n stuff?   [End]

• Image Embedded Iodine History- an Iodized Detective Story   RR by wombat  5mo   742  Iodine Supplementati

iodinehistory.blogspot.com/2013/11/iodine-tears.html ... ... ... Monday, November 11, 2013 ... ... ... ... ... IODINE TEARS ... ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... image source- wiki commons ... ... ... ... ... This is from an old detective story entitled "The Sorceress of the Strand- V. The Bloodstone.", found in "The Strand" Magazine, 1903. Apparently there were six parts in the Sorceress Tales.... More information can be found here: ... ... http://prettysinister.blogspot.com ... ... A synopsis: Lady Bouverie(Violet) is ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Crude Liver   by wombat  5mo   2,119  Iodine Supplementati  Cross-post

I’ve seen that referenced in a few different places. I am reminded that Gerson juiced raw calves liver in his cancer curing protocol. It seems that the Gerson institute now uses liver extract in place of fresh liver, most probably because of a lack of a reliable source of clean liver these days. ... ... Anyone have any suggestions on quality liver extract? ... ... liver info: ... ... http://www.westonaprice.org/food-features/liver-files   [End]

• Re: potassium bromate in bread contributing to rise in MS, hypothesis...   by wombat  5mo   2,126  Iodine Supplementati  Cross-post

Nice analogy, I’ve played Go :) ... ... Of course there are undoubtedly multiple causative factors. I was struck by the statement that MS diagnoses have risen since around 1980....   [End]

• Re: Klenner   by wombat  5mo   2,240  Iodine Supplementati  Cross-post

Thanks both of you! ... ... ... http://www.tldp.com/issue/11_00/klenner.htm ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Response of Peripheral and Central Nerve Pathology to Mega-Doses of the Vitamin B-Complex and Other Metabolites – Part 2 ... by Frederich R. Klenner, BS, MS, MD ... Journal of Applied Nutrition,  1973 ... ... ... Recommended Treatment Schedule ... ... ... Our treatment schedule: ... ... ... 1) Thiamin hydrochloride: 300mg to 500mg, 30 minutes before meals and bed hour, and during the night if awake. The higher amounts in long-standing cases. This requirement is high, since much is lost thro ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: potassium bromate in bread contributing to rise in MS, hypothesis...   by wombat  5mo   2,189  Iodine Supplementati  Cross-post

An excellent blog with lots of great dietary suggestions although I have not found reference to iodine. ... ... http://www.msdietforwomen.com/ ... ... ... Also, from her site: ”It is a well known fact that MS strikes women at least twice as often as men, with far more signs of MS in women. The reason for this ratio is not yet known. The proportion of women living with multiple sclerosis jumped by 50 percent between the 1980s and the 1990s, while new cases of MS in men remained relatively the same. Another reason why I wanted to reach out to the MS women community.” ... ... I have looked for an ”official” s ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: What really causes Multiple Sclerosis, by Harold Foster, Phd   by wombat  5mo   2,177  Iodine Supplementati  Cross-post

Great observation on folks moving from vehicle to building, etc, in hot climates. I’ll bet that the geographical distribution of diseases is changing with the advent of air conditioning. ... ... And yea, the Asia thing. Hmmmmm . Iodine? No dairy in diet? :)   [End]

• Re: Fer cryin' out loud! Bromide based medications used in MS   by wombat  5mo   2,225  Iodine Supplementati  Cross-post

just an example: ... ... http://www.nationalmssociety.org/about-multiple-sclerosis/what-we-know-about-ms/treatments/medications/propantheline/index.aspx ... ... ... There’s more. Compromised thyroid function is indicated in MS. Bromide displaces iodine. Thyroid needs IODINE, not bromide! gaaaaaaaaaaa ... ... So these anti-spasmodic meds are making the patient sicker and sicker.   [End]

• Re: What really causes Multiple Sclerosis, by Harold Foster, Phd   by wombat  5mo   2,184  Iodine Supplementati  Cross-post

Yes and lack of sunlight is also implicated. How do you get yours in the Northlands in the winter my dear? :)   [End]

• Re: Iodine info starts on page 45 n/m   by wombat  5mo   2,212  Iodine Supplementati  Cross-post

• Re: What really causes Multiple Sclerosis, by Harold Foster, Phd   by wombat  5mo   2,251  Iodine Supplementati  Cross-post

”Interestingly, only iodine deficient soils displayed any marked ... positive correlation between an element and multiple sclerosis” ... (0.47944, p=.000.6).   [End]

• What really causes Multiple Sclerosis, by Harold Foster, Phd   ~RN by wombat  5mo   2,334  Iodine Supplementati  Cross-post

http://www.hdfoster.com/sites/hdfoster.com/files/users/user6/whatreallycausesms.pdf ... ... Great stuff, I’m in the middle of it now. A friend of mine has MS so I’m helping him w/research. ... ... Like other autoimmune dis-eases, more women than men are diagnosed with MS. ... ... Yes, iodine, selenium, magnesium deficiencies are implicated. As are ”food” intolerances. Pattern here?   [End]

• Re: Is Lugol's Iodine Safe For Oral Consumption? Keep hearing conflictin...   by wombat  5mo   1,762  Iodine Debate

Read the rated messages within this forum. There’s a link at the top of the page. Read Dr David Derry’s book, ”Breast Cancer and Iodine”. Read Lynne Farrow’s book, ”The Iodine Crisis”. Read Dr. David Brownstein’s book, ”iodine, why you need it...”. ... Peruse Grizz’s links. Read the iodine research at www.optimox.com . Have a look at www.breastcancerchoices.org . ... ... But please do not link anything from ”healthwyze”. It’s unfortunate that theirs was one of the first sites you came across. It’s full of misinfo. ... ... I’m debating whether or not to remove that link from your post. I’ve done it befo ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Merck Manual, 1899   RR by wombat  5mo   305  Iodine Supplementati

http://iodinehistory.blogspot.com/2012/08/merck-manual-1899.html   [End]

• Re: iodine painting brush   by wombat  5mo   379  Iodine Supplementati

In old literature a camels hair brush is recommended. I would imagine that any animal hair brush would work just fine :)   [End]

• Re: Hairloss, not.   by wombat  6mo   714  Iodine Supplementati

ya, email to me plz :) xxoo   [End]

• Re: YEAH!!! :) n/m   by wombat  6mo   508  Iodine Supplementati

• Re: Hairloss, not.   by wombat  6mo   750  Iodine Supplementati

permission to use those pics in a blog post I am working on, por favor :)   [End]

• Re: Help with Iodine supplementation and effects   by wombat  6mo   223  Iodine Supplementati

There’s a thread about this issue just down the page: ... ... http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=2112367 ... ... And a little more info would help us help you, you say that you used to be ”very unhealthy” and that iodine is your first cleanse?   [End]

• Re: Iodine History- Apples and Buttermilk   by wombat  6mo   547  Iodine Supplementati

I know, it’s sad, huh?   [End]

• Re: Iodine success   by wombat  6mo   669  Iodine Supplementati

Awesome report, thx! I copied and pasted this from an old post so the link is definitely broken. The current website that contains this info is http://www.iodineresearch.com/ . I’m too lazy to find the exact link:) ... ... http://iodine4health.com/research/west_2006_iodine_facts_results.doc ... ... ... ” Iodine is needed for a smooth heartbeat. Yet the medical establishment continues to have a penchant for the toxic, iodine-containing drug Amiodarone. This drug is extremely toxic to the thyroid and can induce severe thyroid abnormalities. Yet rather than switch to the nontoxic form of iodine, cardiol ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Iodine success   by wombat  6mo   669  Iodine Supplementati

Their loss is our gain! Thx for all you do here, and all you have done Grizz. :) xxoo   [End]

• Re: Fibrocystic Breast Disease   by wombat  6mo   432  Iodine Supplementati

awesome info! And yet another reason for magnesium in the protocol: ... ... ... http://www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/IOD-05/IOD_05.html ... ... Magnesium deficiency, which is prevalent in the US population, results in increased levels of cytosolic free calcium.98 Intracellular free calcium levels above the normal range are cytotoxic causing calcification of mitochondria and cell death. The cell membrane possesses an ATP-dependant calcium pump that keeps intracellular levels of free ionized calcium within narrow limits. This calcium pump is magnesium-dependent for normal function. Magnesium deficiency re ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Iodine History- Apples and Buttermilk   by wombat  6mo   688  Iodine Supplementati

In 1918 I assume that the dairy that was available was unpasteurized and full of beneficial bacteria :) ... ... I don’t necessarily agree 100% with this writer’s recommendations, I post this for the sake of discussion and to show that knowledgeable doctors established the link between the thyroid and the gut long ago. ... ... That diet actually sounds quite good for someone with an overtaxed digestive system to me. Lots of soluble fiber(apples, vegetables) to feed the beneficial bacteria and buttermilk as a source of beneficial bacteria. ... ... You can add the meat in later.   [End]

• Image Embedded Iodine History- Apples and Buttermilk   RR by wombat  6mo   771  Iodine Supplementati

Not directly related to iodine, but... :) ... ... iodinehistory.blogspot.com/2013/10/apples-and-buttermilk.html ... ... ... Sunday, October 6, 2013 ... ... ... ... ... Apples and Buttermilk ... ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... source: "Dietotherapy, Volume 3, By William Edward Fitch, 1918 ... ... ... DIETETIC MANAGEMENT IN HYPERTHYROIDISM. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... image source- wiki commons ... ... ... ... ... The usual dietetic rule in such conditions is, wherever possible, to increase judiciously the amount, and especially the assimilation, of the food. ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Re: I'd like to raise my blood pressure.   by wombat  6mo   327  Iodine Supplementati

Drink more water. Being dehydrated is a common cause of low blood pressure...   [End]

• Image Embedded Iodine History- A little Iodine for the Figure!   RRR by wombat  7mo   796  Iodine Supplementati

iodinehistory.blogspot.com/2013/09/a-little-iodine-for-figure.html  ... ... ... Thursday, September 19, 2013 ... ... ... ... ... A Little Iodine for the Figure! ... ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Mary Garden (20 February 1874 - 3 January 1967), was a Scottish-American operatic soprano with a substantial career in France and America in the first third of the 20th century. She spent the latter part of her childhood and youth in the United States and eventually became an American citizen, although she lived in France for many years and eventually retired to Scotland, where she died. ... ...   ... ... D ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Interview With Author Lynne Farrow, "Iodine Crises"   by wombat  7mo   448  Iodine Supplementati

Thank you for that! I’ve been looking for that, I missed it when it was current. And yes, the book, the iodine crisis. GREAT.   [End]

• Re: Doin a Brew!   by wombat  7mo   357  Iodine Supplementati

aaawwwww yr so sweet hiawawa, ty xxxxooooo !!!   [End]

• Re: Iodine supplementation made FBD worse   by wombat  7mo   468  Iodine Supplementati

5 months is not a lot of time on iodine and things can certainly seem to get worse before they get better. It took me 27 months before I felt comfortable saying that my fibrocystic breast disease was gone ... ... Initially I thought that I had two cysts... those resolved only to uncover another layer of cysts, smaller, but more of them. The initial two were very palpable and obvious to me. It took the resolution of those cysts in order for me to become aware of the others. ... ... Throughout my iodine journey I had periods of great pain as well, worse than the cyclical pain that I used to get at my ...   [retrieve this message]

• Image Embedded edit- ordering closed-   by wombat  7mo   502  Iodine Supplementati

Getting lots of emails so I guess it’s time:) ...orders in by Saturday, September 21 please, will ship Wednesday, September 25. ...   ... ...   ... ... ... I have a new product, a 1.45 oz balm in a cute little hinged tin(the larger tin in the pic below). This product was inspired by some fantastic African fair trade shea butter and by a VERY blissful friend o’ mine:) The scent is earthy, luxurious and rich and the shea is the finest I’ve found. If my supplier is consistent I’ll eventually use this shea exclusively. The Mountainrose shea is nice but this is much softer and richer with no graininess. ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Re: OT: sorta kinda   by wombat  7mo   337  Iodine Supplementati

Youtube Vid??? lololol Please do NOT provide a link! ... ... Ya, most of us have ”anal inhibition”. It took me a few tries to perform a CE successfully. ... ... Damned puritans.   [End]

• Re: blatant lie   by wombat  7mo   596  Iodine Supplementati

... ... ”Iodine consumption, in concentrations used for disinfectant purposes, has long been known to be lethal”.... !!!!! ... ... They must have been reading 20s editions of the New York Times... :) ... ... Or they did not know the difference between iodine and various forms of denatured alcohol... ???   [End]

• Image Embedded Iodine History: Iodine and Electricity, early 1800s   RR by wombat  7mo   799  Iodine Supplementati

iodinehistory.blogspot.com/2013/09/iodine-and-electricity.html ... ... ... Sunday, September 15, 2013 ... ... ... ... ... Iodine and Electricity ... ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... -Very interesting early account of the use of iodine with electricity! The Voltaic Pile was the first battery that could provide a continuous current of electricity, invented by Alessandro Volta, circa 1800. ... ... ... Bronchocele, or Goitre  ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... votaic pile in usage, image source, wiki commons ... LOVE the disembodied hand! This is not a goit ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Image Embedded Iodine History: Goodbye Iodine! -1982   RRR by wombat  7mo   850  Iodine Supplementati

iodinehistory.blogspot.com/2013/09/goodbye-iodine-1980.html ... ...   ... ... ... Saturday, September 14, 2013 ... ... ... ... ... Goodbye Iodine! 1980 ... ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... Here is the recommendation that iodine fortification of foodstuffs be discontinued. I found this in ”The Fortification of Foods: A Review”, by Judith A. Quick and Elizabeth W. Murphy, United States Department of Agriculture, 1982 ... ... It is often stated that prior to around 1980 it was mandated that iodine be added to all commercially baked goods in the United States and that in the 1960s, for instance, each and every slice of bread con ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Ray Peat- Gelatin, stress, longevity   by wombat  7mo   1,100  Iodine Supplementati

lol, I had no idea :) ... ... I have one cup a day as well, sometimes less, depends on how pressed for time I am.   [End]

• Re: Ray Peat- Gelatin, stress, longevity   by wombat  7mo   1,045  Iodine Supplementati

hahahaha.... no. But I like it:)   [End]

• Re: Ray Peat- Gelatin, stress, longevity   by wombat  7mo   1,049  Iodine Supplementati

lol, I used to like wasas... ... ... no masa wasa pour moi! :)   [End]

• Re: Ray Peat- Gelatin, stress, longevity   by wombat  7mo   1,052  Iodine Supplementati

I will. I’ll be seeing a friend tomorrow with connections to local farmers, etc :) ty for tip :)   [End]

• Re: Ray Peat- Gelatin, stress, longevity   by wombat  7mo   1,040  Iodine Supplementati

Yes, something I would like to experiment with more is terrines: ... ... http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Country-Terrine-233242 ... ... In some of my old women’s magazines there are recipes for terrines using gelatin. I’ll look:)   [End]

• Re: Ray Peat- Gelatin, stress, longevity   by wombat  7mo   1,036  Iodine Supplementati

I know. and all along the way we doubt the body’s wisdom. I have ALWAYS loved high-fat foods. Gaaaah I remember trying to lose weight on a low fat diet. Remember that fad? Processed no-fat gunk? Tasted like cardboard, sooooo unsatisfying. I still remember the horror of non-fat cheese. A sacrilege!!!!   [End]

• Re: Ray Peat- Gelatin, stress, longevity   by wombat  7mo   1,048  Iodine Supplementati

I know, I also gnawed on bones :) Still do..... grrrrrrrr :))))) ... ... I’d be happy if I could find a source of good head cheese.   [End]

• Re:MOTHERLODE of all things Ray Peat   by wombat  7mo   1,089  Iodine Supplementati

http://www.functionalps.com/blog/2011/09/12/master-list-ray-peat-phd-interviews/   [End]

• Re: Ray Peat- Gelatin, stress, longevity   by wombat  7mo   1,056  Iodine Supplementati

I make those in winter... summer? not so much...   [End]

• Re: Ray Peat- Gelatin, stress, longevity   by wombat  7mo   1,044  Iodine Supplementati

re-reading this made me think of the fact that lean meats are recommended everywhere as part of a ”healthy” diet. Boneless skinless chicken breasts, anyone? Add lean meat to the list of assaults on the thyroid.... and given the fact that a majority of women are ”diet”ing... some of the time, all of the time... well, add lean meats to the long list of assaults on optimum thyroid function.   [End]

• Re: Ray Peat- Gelatin, stress, longevity   by wombat  7mo   1,024  Iodine Supplementati

My grandpa used to sit me on his knee and feed me headcheese when I was a toddler. From all accounts, I looooved it. Last time I had it....   [End]

• Re: Ray Peat- Gelatin, stress, longevity   by wombat  7mo   1,086  Iodine Supplementati

hmmm. I dunno! My jello-making skills are rusty... because that’s what the blog post said!? I will delete that step, Thx :) hahahah   [End]

• Ray Peat- Gelatin, stress, longevity   by wombat  7mo   1,297  Iodine Supplementati

This has been posted here before but it’s well worth a reminder. I have been meaning to get more gelatin into my diet for a long time now, I finally found a super-easy way to do it. Found a blog post somewhere that recommended just adding gelatin to coffee... Stir the gelatin into cold water, then add coffee. Drink before it gets cold. :) Delicious and nutritious! hahahah ... ... http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/gelatin.shtml   [End]

• Re: OT: sorta kinda   by wombat  7mo   360  Iodine Supplementati

Great quote: ”The only thing we can do to sure disease is to stop causing disease.” Might be mis-quoted, I’m not sure:) ... ...   [End]

• Re: Iodine History: The Iodine Drinkers   by wombat  7mo   730  Iodine Supplementati

on the label, well yeah... it was certainly known at that time as a remedy for bromide intoxication! ... ... http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1396472#i ... ... and yeah, the sonnet writer? Quite prolific! Before the days of the internet and short attention spans although I suppose that one could argue that rather than writing 25,000 good and bad sonnets he could have written one reaaaally long epic poem!   [End]

• Image Embedded Iodine History: The Iodine Drinkers   RR by wombat  7mo   963  Iodine Supplementati

iodinehistory.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-iodine-drinkers.html ... ... ... Sunday, September 8, 2013 ... ... ... ... ... The Iodine Drinkers ... ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... A treasured possession :) ... ... ... ... ... A dark time in the history of iodine would be the the time of the "Iodine Suicides".  A spate of "Iodine Drinkers" were documented in the popular media. These "iodine drinkers" were mostly young women, conceivably because of the reputation for "hysteria" that women had(have ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Re:   by wombat  7mo   669  Iodine Supplementati

Well I wasn’t really intending to chastise... just putting in my 2 cents!   [End]

• Re: Autism and maternal iodine levels/thyroid health *edited   by wombat  7mo   854  Iodine Supplementati

No you don’t come across as snippy at all! ... ... I would seriously like to see some dialogue about newborn screening . I’m not sure that they are able to differentiate between transient hypothyroid and true hypo. ... ... ... ...   [End]

• Re:   by wombat  7mo   720  Iodine Supplementati

You did clarify as to intent, my dear. What’s not working?   [End]

• Re: not only is this not a doctor's forum...   RRR by wombat  7mo   751  Iodine Supplementati

...the current crop of iodine doctors did NOT invent iodine supplementation...although I am extremely grateful to those that brought iodine back into awareness, especially our dear departed Prof. Guy Abrahams. ... ... Many forum members here have taken large doses with not only no ill effects, but it eased detox. ... ... Trapper pioneered this here. I was skeptical in the beginning , for a few different reasons. The first being that we were in uncharted waters and I hadn’t learned enough about iodine at that time to be comfortable with large doses. The second reason was that we had numerous posters ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Autism and maternal iodine levels/thyroid health   by wombat  7mo   465  Iodine Supplementati

Yes, the article is simple, but it gets the info out there, thx. :)   [End]

• Re: Autism and maternal iodine levels/thyroid health   RR by wombat  7mo   642  Iodine Supplementati

”Mothers taking a minimum of 12mg iodine a day can expect BRILLIANT babies”... ... ... Yes, we’ve certainly seen that on this forum, haven’t we? ... ... All newborns are tested for congenital hypothyroidism. Another possible outcome of iodine supplementation of 12+ mg per day is that the baby will be diagnosed hypothyroid and put on thyroid meds. We’ve also seen THAT at this forum. Please search warthog’s posts. ... ... My personal opinion is that the testing is not accurate. My personal opinion is that cases of hypo when the mom is supping iodine are transient hypo. But I have no way of proving that, an ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re:   by wombat  7mo   748  Iodine Supplementati

and as much as I believe in the power of iodine, all that iodine supplementation does is cure iodine deficiency. There are many many reasons that men lose their libido/ability to have/maintain an erection and supplementing with this or that is no guarantee of any results. A lack of sexua| ability is indicative of a body-wide unhealthy state. ... ... Addressing iodine deficiency certainly has be helpful for some, but it’s no guarantee. ... ... Didn’t take much of a google search to find the site. The problem with the site is that it promises a ”magic bullet” approach, and it ain’t cheap. And of cour ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: 35 years   by wombat  8mo   295  Ask Trapper

warning to small fry: no whistle-blowing allowed. Keep yer trap shut.   [End]

• Talked to Michael(Cougar:)!!! Q's for brainiacs here...   by wombat  8mo   540  Iodine Supplementati

I just got off the phone with him a few minutes ago. He sounds exactly as I had imagined him to sound, ya know what I mean? :) ... ... For those of you not familiar with his story, Michael was in a mountain biking accident almost a year ago in which he was rendered quadraplegic. He does have shoulder movement now, also biceps but not triceps. or vice versa. Good news that that stuff is coming back! He goes to physical therapy 2x per week in which his body is exercised using a variety of machines, he also has an F.E.S. bike at home now... ... ... As far as iodine goes, he was off it for some months, ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Less than a week on iodine...detox symptoms   by wombat  8mo   773  Iodine Supplementati

the bloating has been experienced by many and will normalize. I experienced it myself the first week and it went away. Welcome to the ride! :)   [End]

• Re: Need some support/advice!   by wombat  8mo   434  Iodine Supplementati

oooo Jenifer I do appreciate your up-front approach. You remind me that I’ve been threatening to spam the forum with all of the testimonials I’ve gotten over the years. I will do that, I vow to you, Jenifer! Shortly. :) ... ... I CANNOT legally make claims for anything I make without extensive double-blind testing. I cannot afford that. All that I can tell you is that I use the finest ingredients available and I offer my products at a very reasonable cost to you. ... ... ... And all that I can offer you are testimonials. I have tons more in e-mails and PMs but a search on the terms ”iodine cream” and ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re:   by wombat  8mo   350  Iodine Supplementati

I’m not going to be able to do that this trip, my time is limited. I’ll also be flying my nephew down for a portion of it so we can experience some kick-arse music together:)   [End]

• Re:   by wombat  8mo   366  Iodine Supplementati

I will pass along that info, TY. :) ... ... I can’t wait to meet you! xxoo   [End]

• Re: Need some support/advice!   by wombat  8mo   417  Iodine Supplementati

Grizz, when I used straight lugol’s to remove a suspicious mole I also painted an area of healthy skin and a healthy mole. The lugol’s removed the suspicious mole(over a period of about 8 days) and had absolutely no effect whatsoever on the healthy areas(except transdermal iodine dosing :)). This was on my arm, btw. ... ... OK! That is not to be construed as an across-the-board reco that one use straight lugol’s on the skin. We had quite a bit of experimentation with painting here in the early days and I recall one user reporting that her facial skin peeled. The end results were good, but still ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: update   by wombat  8mo   349  Iodine Supplementati

This is all so heartbreaking... ... ... I was hoping to speak with him on the phone today... ... ... I pray for both of them constantly. What an immense challenge. ... ...   [End]

• Re: WOMBAT! is just fine :)   RR by wombat  8mo   422  Iodine Supplementati

I love you Hiawawa you are such a worrywart. I am fine, I’ve been traveling. Went to go see my fam in WA and drove 1400 miles all by my little old self! I’m proud of that, I’ve never drove such a distance on my own before:) IT was a lot of fun. Also made a trip to Santa Cruz and saw friends recently. I recall you posting not so long ago that it IS summer after all and I’ve been enjoying it. ... ... My health is absolutely fantastic. I wake up every day feeling phenomenal, I can feel the energy coursing through my body. I work out every day. I eat right and think good thoughts. (well, I try) ... ... ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Proselytizing Iodine   by wombat  9mo   428  Iodine Supplementati

Gruesome? nooooo Groovy, yes.   [End]

• Re: Colonized MRSA test negative 2nd time!   by wombat  9mo   529  Iodine Supplementati

Pretty amazing. Even more amazing is that she is so blessed with you! You. are. a. DOLL!!!!! xxoo   [End]

• Re: I missed a Love In!!!   by wombat  9mo   457  Iodine Supplementati

nnnoooooooo ... ... LOVE. ME. ... ... xxxxxooooooo   [End]

• Re: Melasma, thyroid, Brooke Burke, etc   by wombat  9mo   746  Iodine Supplementati

Crazy, huh? They all sit around and look officious. lol ...   [End]

• Melasma, thyroid, Brooke Burke, etc   ~RN by wombat  9mo   1,206  Iodine Supplementati

a while back I got a query from a customer regarding whether I thought my high-odine cream would help with her daughter’s melasma. I replied as I always do, which is, ”I don’t know”. I cannot say whether any of my products can do anything, rigorous testing is required in order to have the legal right to make claims. ... ... I didn’t know much about melasma anyway, just that it’s hyperpigmentation sometimes seen in pregnant women. ... ... until.... I got this e-mail yesterday: ... ... Hi Laura, ... I know the time has passed for ordering, but do you have any extra jars of High-odine face cream? ... I’ve been us ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Iodine fountain of youth?   by wombat  9mo   542  Iodine Supplementati

lipid(fat) peroxidation increases with aging. Idothyronines inhibit that peroxidation. ... ... Remember the article you posted on gray hair and peroxidation? ... ... What I glean from this is that thyroid hormones act as antioxidants. I could certainly be reading it wrong(I am not a scientist...) ... ... from the link: ... ... ”In contrast, linoleic-acid peroxidation was inhibited by iodothyronines. Thus, low levels of iodothyronines (2.6×10−7M) are effective inhibitors of linoleic-acid peroxidation. Thyroxine and reverse T3 were found to be more effective in this antioxidant activity than vitamin E, ...   [retrieve this message]

• Image Embedded Iodine History: Iodine, the 53rd element, 1938   RRR by wombat  9mo   641  Iodine Supplementati

... ... iodinehistory.blogspot.com/2013/07/iodine-53rd-element-1938.html ... ... ... ... ...   ... ...   ... ... ... ... ...   ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...   ... ...   ... ... ... ... ...   ... ...   ... ... ... ... ...   ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Sunday, July 7, 2013 ... ... ... ... ... Iodine, the 53rd Element... 1938 ... ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... detail, dow iodine ad, 1938 ... ... ... ... ... Another fine Dow Chemical Co ad for iodine... I find it interesting that we ha ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Image Embedded BREW TIME !!! orders in by Friday, July 19 please... :)   by wombat  9mo   247  Iodine Supplementati

Getting lots of emails so I guess it’s time:) ...orders in by Friday July 19 please, will ship Monday, July 22. ... ... ... I have a new product, a 1.45 oz balm in a cute little hinged tin(the larger tin in the pic below). This product was inspired by some fantastic African fair trade shea butter and by a VERY blissful friend o’ mine:) The scent is earthy, luxurious and rich and the shea is the finest I’ve found. If my supplier is consistent I’ll eventually use this shea exclusively. The Mountainrose shea is nice but this is much softer and richer with no graininess. I LOVE it! Full produc ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Other thread got hijacked, so posting question again - ?? about Mast...   by wombat  9mo   401  Iodine Supplementati

Don’t be sad, Hiawawa, your experience and expertise are always welcomed here and you are a very highly valued member of our community, you know that. ... ... One of the things about this mode of communication is that we’ve all got dialogues going on in our head, there is not a timely give and take as there would be in a face to face conversation. So yeah, we go off on tangents.... and I have learned SO MUCH from those tangents. ... ... May we continue to meander together, Dear One:)   [End]

• Re: Other thread got hijacked, so posting question again - ?? about Mast...   by wombat  9mo   361  Iodine Supplementati

This is a public forum and the fact of the matter is that oftentimes when threads get ”hijacked”, and they do, we learn a great deal. I will never stifle anyone and tell them to just answer the question. What sort of a conversation is that? ... ... When a thread gets ”hijacked”, just re-start the thread, in a polite manner, preferably. ... ... Your assertion that you were jumped on for nothing is false. I have looked at your past posts and see that you are the one that ”jumped on” another forum member. If you don’t like what he has to say, do not engage in conversation with him, period. Don’t call ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Iodine fountain of youth?   by wombat  9mo   588  Iodine Supplementati

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF02534498   [End]

• Re: Update: 1 year and 7 months   by wombat  9mo   812  Iodine Supplementati

Excellent update and thank you for including links to your prior posts, it really helps us see your journey. A thought- have you ever done any cleansing?   [End]

• Re: Iodine fountain of youth?   by wombat  9mo   595  Iodine Supplementati

you’ve probably read this : ... ... http://thyroid.about.com/library/derry/bl2a.htm   [End]

• Re: Skin Tanning   by wombat  9mo   394  Iodine Supplementati

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=2081604#i :)   [End]

• Re: Dr. Ben Kim - vitiligo   by wombat  9mo   697  Iodine Supplementati

I had read about excessive hydrogen peroxide causing gray hair a few years back, thanks for this. I am curious as to why the aging body will produce more and my gut tells me that it could certainly be a lifetime of bad habits, improper diet, etc. So, I did a little searching. I found a few links: ... ... follow link for complete text... ... ... http://www.gaiaresearch.co.za/hydroperoxide.html ... ... ”Several beverages commonly drunk by humans can contain H2O2 at concentrations above 100 micro-M, including green and black tea and especially instant coffee. When such beverages are ingested, the H2O2 they ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Anyone here abstaining from bread due to   by wombat  9mo   654  Iodine Supplementati

That was my initial reason, yes. As time went on I learned that in Hashimoto’s autoimmune thyroiditis(the most common form of hypo today), celiac disease/gluten intolerance is a common finding. I thought to myself.... hmmmm, just because it seems that I have no problem with wheat/gluten... perhaps I should give it up and see what happens. So many people have an intolerance, what makes me exempt? ... ... The extremely obvious hint was the day I ate a sandwich on big ole fat italian bread. Within 30 minutes my sinuses completely congested, my nose started running and I started sneezing and I was ...   [retrieve this message]

• skin color, tyrosine and melanin   RR by wombat  9mo   723  Iodine Supplementati

Timely info. Found buried in this forum while searching for something else:) ... ... http://anthropology.ua.edu/bindon/ant475/Skincolor/SKINCOLOR.PDF ... ... In a nutshell, melanin synthesis begins with tyrosine.... ... ...   [End]

• Re: OT : Basic skin stuff   by wombat  9mo   700  Iodine Supplementati

http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1695970   [End]

• Re: sexua| Supplement Successes: I built my own erection set.   by wombat  9mo   1,644  Iodine Supplementati

Thanks for sharing, guys. We like virile males:)   [End]

• Re: he references a journal with questionable funding   by wombat  9mo   390  Iodine Supplementati

I will reply to this as I did on the FB iodine group. The source that mercola cites is funded by MONSANTO, Mcdonalds, conagra, general mills, etc. ... ... http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/91/4/local/ed-board.pdf   [End]

• Re: kidneys   by wombat  9mo   864  Iodine Supplementati

kidney references in this forum. ... there’s gotta be some good stuff in here: ... ... http://curezone.com/forums/search.asp?q=kidneys&action=Find&f=815   [End]

• Re: Dr. Miles’ Nervine   by wombat  9mo   589  Iodine Supplementati

love that :)   [End]

• Re: I apologize   by wombat  9mo   444  Iodine Supplementati

I forgive you! xxoo   [End]

• Re: Lugols Iodine = aging of my skin   by wombat  9mo   975  Iodine Supplementati

Are you taking care of your kidneys? Are you staying properly hydrated? Dehydration alone will cause the skin to wrinkle prematurely. Iodine supplementation puts the kidneys through a workout and if your kidneys are not up to the task that will definitely show in the skin. Generally this will manifest as severe ”detox”, ”brominacne”... but I would imagine that increased wrinkling could very well be brought on by the increased workload on the kidneys... ... ... on hydration: ... ... http://www.coreperformance.com/knowledge/nutrition/hydration.html ... ... Do a search on exfoliating facial skin, there are ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Iodine Baby - 6 week update   by wombat  10mo   721  Iodine Supplementati

omg 6 weeks old????? She is so alert and smart! And adorable!!!!!   [End]

• Re: Cant they see..   by wombat  10mo   416  Iodine Supplementati

yes. But what I like about the article is that it does place the blame squarely on society, current medical standards, etc. So often I’ll hear disparaging comments, esp towards the obese, when the fact is that they are victims of a food industry that formulates foodstuffs to keep them eating... and they are victims of malnutrition. Of course hypothyroidism goes along with this, there is no way that the body can keep up with all of this. ...   [End]

• Re: Newby on Lugols   by wombat  10mo   483  Iodine Supplementati

great post, ty :) ...   [End]

• Re:   by wombat  10mo   1,069  Iodine Supplementati

She’s the owner of the yahoo iodine group. :)   [End]

• Re: I'm excited - sski   by wombat  10mo   735  Iodine Supplementati

Nice:) I love this post. Most of all I love the fact that you are still soldiering on. xxoo   [End]

• Re: new iodine facebook group from iodineresearch.com   by wombat  10mo   586  Iodine Supplementati

Thank you for adding me Lynn:) Facebook has been a mixed blessing for me. I use it to stay in touch with family, have found some long-lost friends with it(I’ve moved a lot) and have gotten to know some fellow curezoners better. No doubt that if you stay logged in on FB it tracks everything you do... that, I resent. Oh, well. Now the PTB know that I like to crochet poodle toilet-paper roll covers. And search old books for anything iodine-related. I have been pegged as a perma-dork, no doubt:) ... ... This is important. All venues are acceptable.   [End]

• Re: Dr. Guy Abraham RIP   by wombat  10mo   1,491  Iodine Supplementati

That man saved my life.   [End]

• Re: Back   by wombat  10mo   499  Iodine Supplementati

I WAS in Las Vegas... a few months ago! :)   [End]

• Re: Back   RR by wombat  10mo   592  Iodine Supplementati

this is it:)   [End]

• Re: Back   by wombat  10mo   499  Iodine Supplementati

lol, yours too!   [End]

• Back   by wombat  10mo   588  Iodine Supplementati

I’m back. Got super busy, went camping and fried my keyboard. Anyway, HI!   [End]

• Re: Iodine and dermarolling/scar revision   by wombat  11mo   722  Iodine Supplementati

Yes, that would be the iodine:) ... ... Love all of this experimentation! Derma-rolling came onto my radar very recently, so I am mui interested, thx:)   [End]

• Re: sugar O/T   by wombat  11mo   513  Iodine Supplementati

Well, he certainly knew about thyroid hormone which, by definition means he knew about iodine:) ... ... He did know about iodine. He does discuss iodine and goiter in ”Hypothyroidism: The Unsuspected Illness”. ... ... That book was published in 1976... I believe that iodate was still being used as a dough conditioner in those days. There were studies published bemoaning the fact that iodine contrast media was not effective in iodine-replete individuals. ..   [End]

• Re: Iodized liquid lanolin   by wombat  11mo   439  Iodine Supplementati

in the really old literature lard was used as a carrier oil, or even better, goose fat! :)   [End]

• Re: 8lb 6oz Iodinated Baby Girl born   by wombat  11mo   712  Iodine Supplementati

So happy for you, please post pics! :)   [End]

• Re: Iodine and dermarolling/scar revision   by wombat  11mo   718  Iodine Supplementati

Will be looking forward to updates on this one! What are the post-roll topicals that you use?   [End]

• Re: Speaking the truth   by wombat  11mo   309  Ask Trapper

yeah but i looooves you :) so there.   [End]

• Video Embedded Re: Speaking the truth   by wombat  11mo   368  Ask Trapper

I love you Mike ... ... [Video Embedded Here]   [End]

• Re: "I question all celebrity motives"   by wombat  11mo   588  Iodine Supplementati

I question all celebrity motives ... ... I am right with you there, especially in the case of angelina jolie. ... ... Her life has been mythic so far has it not? ... ... From what I’ve gleaned over the tabloids over the years, troubled childhood, drugs at a young age, bisexual when it was not hip to be so, married some old dude and hung a vial of his blood about her neck, then got humanitarian and adopted kids from all around the globe, stole an extremely famous sex symbol movie star from another extremely famous sex symbol movie star and then proceeded to have three presumedly superior-gene-pool childr ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Wheres the study with 4000 ppl?   by wombat  11mo   401  Iodine Supplementati

With all due respect, please be aware that a great many of us have used iodine supplementation(far above the RDA) to clear up chronic health issues, with or without testing of any sort. ... ... And I think that it is well documented that iodine deficiency is a real, and current problem. ... ... Soooo... talk about your more ”accurate” test if you wish but please do NOT put ”deficient” in quotes. If you want to debate deficiency, take it to the debate forum. ... ... Please learn here. ... ...   [End]

• Re: Iodine in Evolution of Salivary Glands and in Oral Health, Dr. Sebas...   by wombat  11mo   702  Iodine Supplementati

We’ve got more from Dr. Venturi in the archives, but this sums it up rather nicely: ... ... nah.sagepub.com/content/20/2/119.abstract ... ... ... Iodine in Evolution of Salivary Glands and in Oral Health ... ... ... ... Sebastiano Venturi ⇓ 1 ... ... Mattia Venturi 2 ... ... ... ... ... 1 Servizio di Igiene, ASL n. 1, Regione Marche, Pennabilli (PU) Italy ... ... ... ... 2 Department of Oral Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Bologna, Italy ... ... ... ... ... ">Dr. Sebastiano Venturi — via Tre Genghe n. 2; 61016-Pennabilli (PU), Italy Tel: (+39) 0541 928205. E-ma ...   [retrieve this message]

• Image Embedded Re: uptake of I131 by salivary glands   by wombat  11mo   695  Iodine Supplementati

www.medscape.com/viewarticle/456955_2 ... ... ... The salivary glands also have the capacity to concentrate iodide selectively for unknown reasons (Fig. 1). The iodide is then secreted into saliva such that its salivary concentration has been reported to vary from 20 to 100 times that found in the serum. [5-10]  It is this critical ability that causes glandular damage when  131 I is used. The principal site of the iodide transport into saliva is the epithelium of the parotid salivary gland’s intralobular ducts. [11,12]  Iodide is extracted from periductal capillaries and c ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Image Embedded Iodine History, Mammary and Parotid Glands in Gynecology   RR by wombat  11mo   962  Iodine Supplementati

What’s the iodine connect? Salivary glands concentrate iodine and according to some sources the reason that these glands concentrate iodine is "unknown".  ... ... iodinehistory.blogspot.com/2013/05/mammary-and-parotid-glands-in-gynecology.html  ... ... ... Sunday, May 12, 2013 ... ... ... ... ... MAMMARY AND PAROTID GLANDS IN GYNECOLOGY ... ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... article source: The Therapeutic Gazette, 1899 ... ... ... MAMMARY AND PAROTID GLANDS IN GYNECOLOGY ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... parotid gland, image source, wiki ... ... ... ... ... ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Iodine History, Thyroid Therapy in Gynecology   by wombat  11mo   457  Iodine Supplementati

Thx for reading, G-girl:) ... ... I know that this old stuff can be rather dry, but yes, very connected. That’s why iodine works...There’s more from the same book that’s making my head spin, I’ll post later(or sooner). ... ... It seems that this connection has been lost in the current medical treatments. I know more than one woman that has had an endometrial ablation as a treatment for excessive bleeding, for instance: ... ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endometrial_ablation ... ... And as we know, current treatments go all the way to removal of ”troubled” parts... ... ... This history is hugely important, IMO. W ...   [retrieve this message]

• Image Embedded Iodine History, Thyroid Therapy in Gynecology   RR by wombat  11mo   696  Iodine Supplementati

pardon the spacing on this entry, can’t figure out how to fix it:) ... ...   ... ... iodinehistory.blogspot.com/2013/05/organotherapy-in-gynecology-thyroid.html ... ...   ... ... ... Friday, May 10, 2013 ... ... ... ... ... Organotherapy in Gynecology: thyroid extract and uterine fibroids, endometriosis, etc. ... ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... article source: The Therapeutic Gazette, 1899 ... ... By W. A. Newman Dorland. A.M., M.D., Instructor in Gynecology in the Philadelphia Polyclinic; Assistant Obstetrician to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. ... ... ... THYROID THERAPY IN GYNECOLOGY ... ... ... ... ... ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Journey update   by wombat  11mo   639  Iodine Supplementati

”One thing I fear about this forum is that folks look to Iodine supplementation as an ”Easy button”. Just take a few pills each day and it will compensate for an indifferent (or bad) diet, excess alcohol consumption, no exercise, smoking, etc. Sadly, life doesn’t work this way.” ... ... Yes, Lazza, that has been our fear as well, from very early on. Iodine will not work, in a body that is not working... ... ... Right on, thx.   [End]

• Re: up date/   by wombat  11mo   439  Iodine Supplementati

I couldn’t agree with you more:) ... ... Cutting gluten has been HUGE for me. ... ... That, and iodine, have changed the course of my life. ... ... Forever grateful to CZ and the wonderful people that I have learned from here. We’re really living in a magical time. !!!!!!   [End]

Forum Pages
1  10  30  50  ...  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  107 108  

Filter Messages: order by

Selected Ads from CureZone Sponsors: Become a Sponsor

VIP

Did you poop today?
All natural constipation relief!
Herpes Treatment News
World-First Single Application Herpes Treatment.
Faster, Easier and H...
High Blood Pressure?
3 easy exercises drop blood pressure below 120/80 as soon as today

PLAT

Oxy-Powder® Colon Cleanse
All Natural Colon Cleanse. 180-Day Money Back Guarantee. Same or Ne...
Free Clark DVD!
A rare interview with Dr. Hulda Clark on DVD for FREE. Patients give their te...

GOLD

Proven medical anti-diabetic benefits
Electrolyzed drinking water significantly reduces blood...
Proven Candida Diet
The Only Legitimate Diet for Treating Candida in 30 Days
Oleander Pure Concentrate Capsules
Leukemia and Cancer Immune System Support, 15% Off with CZ...
Proven Parasite Diet
The Only Legitimate Diet for Destroying Parasites in 30 Days or Less

GOLD

The Ultimate Lemonade Cleanse
For the first time ever, we have created a complete Lemonade Cl...
Anti Cancer Medical Effect
Electrolyzed reduced water protects against oxidative damage to DN...
Healthy Weight Loss
”I saw results almost immediately, losing 52 pounds between September and...
Natural Cancer Remedies

SILVER

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H. Restore lost reserves. J.CROW’S® Lugol’s Iodine Soluti...
Oraltech Labs
Oraltech Labs Bad Breath Cure
Life Technology™
Transformational Technology For Mind Body And Soul.
The Best Years in Life
Naturally live longer, healthier and happier and avoid mainstream mana...

Back To Top How many people click on the sponsord links? Become a Sponsor

Add This Forum To Your Favorites!

Share:  Facebook  MySpace  Digg  Reddit  StumbleUpon  Furl this page  Delicious  BlinkList  dzone  Simpy.com  Fark.com  BlogMarks  Wists.com  Google

Translate This Page:

French    German    Spain    Italian    Dutch    Russian    Portuguese    Japanese    Korean    Arabic    Chinese Simplified

2,106 messages, 479,443 topics, topics per page limited to: 150, average number of messages per page: 20, 108 pages,  29,203,651 page views

"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong."
~ Voltaire

Image Galler Mosaic Image Gallery         Image Galler Last 30 Uploads
Medianet Ads

Donate to CureZone

Guest Book - Liver Flush FAQ - News - Link Exchange - Add URL - How To Exchange Links? - About Global Directory

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules - Forum Trolls - Fair use notice

Staff's pages:  Owen - Wrenn - Maya

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Donors - Stats

Copyright 2014  curezone.com

fetched in 2.08 sec at 4/15/2014 11:19:27 PM, requested by 184.73.52.98, referred by http://curezone.com/forums/s2.asp?f=762&c=0&ob=d&m=wombat , requested 1 pages during this session, y=8