CureZone Search Results for
Ashwagandha
Search CureZone:  
Top 300 Search Terms

1267 Messages     Page: 2 of 22
 «Prev   1  
3   4   5   6   7   8   Next»  

Re: What ratios?   by Hveragerthi   4y
  I have ashwagandha, schizandra berry, jiaogulan, nettle, kelp amla and bee pollen(granules) does this need to be powder if so discard. You can take the pollen separately unless you want to chew them up in the powder. Nettle leaf  5 parts by weight Ashwagandha 3  parts Jiaogulan 2  parts Schisandra 2  parts amla  1 part kelp 1 part   839 hits
Forum: The Truth in Medicine
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1674332

Results are in. OMG(oodness)   by BundlesA1   4y
I’m chuckling over here too! First, it started when i was banging around in my kitchen getting prepared, and my parrot was saying ”UH-OH!!” in response to the loud noises, or perhaps in response to my rare burst of energy. Then I put about a cup of the chunky sawdust into my blender and turned the blender on high. Wheee. It looked dusty in there so I had high hopes. Then I lifted the lid, and smoke poured out of the top!! I about died... Then I realized it was a billow of ashwagandha dust -- not smoke. When the dust smoke cleared (seriously -- there was a lot of it!), I peered int ...   1,484 hits
Forum: Natural Healing
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1675408

Re: Confusion over ashwagandha...   by Hveragerthi   4y
 With regard to AF recovery, wouldn’t anything that helped convert T4 to T3 require work of the adrenals because of the energy T3 gives you? My undersatnding is my T4 is fine while my T3 is low in AF is because my body is putting the breaks on and T3 energy would require adrenal work. So, I completely see GABA as calming, but my confusion is how ashwagandha doesn’t also make the adrenals work harder- unless those two things balance out? The ashwagandha does not force the thyroid to produce T3, it helps the thyroid to produce T3.  Since the thyroid can regulate its hormone lev ...   7,398 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1662898

Re: Adrenals & Adaptogens   by GrannyCat   4y
Ashwagandha is a good example.  The herb is not a CNS stimulant at all, it is a sedative due to its effects on the brain’s GABA receptors. So is ashwagandha something to take in place of GABA or are they both ok?   A lot of people don’t realize that many of the synthetic supplements are manufactured by pharmaceutical manufacturers. THAT is a real important point!  One that should be shouted from the rooftops!!!  Put that on your ’make a youtube vid on it’ list!!!   Marci   2,944 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1657840

Re: Natural xanax   by Hveragerthi   4y
 I have tried GABA, ashwagandha and the glycine for sleep and anti anxiety without success. Perhaps I didn’t take enough? Are they supposed to work immediate like the drugs or do you have to build them up over time? GABA does require a rather large dose.  Ashwagandha and glycine should work and do not have to build up.  Maybe it has something to do with the xanax since they affect the same receptors.     2,700 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1693620

Re: anti anxiety herb   by #91053   4y
Gotu kola is turning out to be one of my favourite herbs too. I was taking it for capilliary fragility. I suffer a bit from Social phobia and noticed i felt calmer than usual just befoe attending an event recently, whereas normally i’d be getting stressed about it. I take Seredyn that does help too and Ashwagandha. I thought is was the Ashwagandha that was making the difference. However, i found out recently that people actually take Gotu kola for SA. I felt i was giving off a more confident air, as people were gravitating towards me to talk etc. I read some forums where alot ...   1,117 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1703731

Re: The safest way to get drunk?   by Hveragerthi   4y
 And these two things are considered to be safe or are there any nasty side effects along with them? Not sure which two you are referring to since I mentioned 4 things.  Ashwagandha, gotu kola, GABA and glycine.  But these are generally safe anyway and some provide additional benefits such as ashwagandha also supports the conversion of T4 to T3 by the thyroid and supports the adrenals.  Gotu kola increases blood flow to the brain for better memory, is a good source of B vitamins, has some antiseptic properties and stimulates collagen and elastin formation.  Gly ...   4,096 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1705721

Re: Adrenal/Thyroid mixture   by Hveragerthi   4y
  I am trying to put together an adrenal/thyroid powder mixture. I have amla powder, acerola, ashwagandha, kelp, and am going to order Coleus Forskohlli from you. Can you tell me how many parts of each to put in the mix, or should i just put equal parts together? Also, are all these herbs compatable with each other? 4 parts coleus forskohli, 3 parts ashwagandha,  1 part each of the kelp, acerola and amla.   1,226 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1713601

Re: High Cortisol Levels ??   by Hveragerthi   4y
 I need the best supplements to drop down my cortisol levels. I had problem with my Thyroid (hyper) It is stable now without medications but my anxiety and stress are high. I need to take something to slow down and be calmed. Please, suggestions ??? Hv ?? The best hers to help control cortisol levels are jiaogulan (gynostemma), Chinese licorice root, schisandra berry and ashwagandha.  Ashwagandha also support the thyroid by increasing T4 to T3 conversion. You can also use the amino acid glutamine to calm you.  It is best taken on an empty stomach at least 30 minutes ...   697 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1714224

Re: Everything I've learned about adrenal fatigue...   by hopeblossom   4y
Thank you Hveragerthi. I don’t know the difference between Chinese licorice and American licorice, but I have tried plain licorice root and it seems to give me side effects. It might be easier to try the other stuff you mentioned. I also think that Raw Adrenal contributed to me feeling more angry at times and while I was taking it, I gained two pounds. I have a hard time trying to lose weight so, hopefully I can get my body balanced out before too long. I have tried the Ashwagandha before. The first kind I tried I had a reaction to, but then I found a different kind and I did wel ...   63,264 hits
Forum: Adrenal Fatigue
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1738950

Re: Gotta Get Blood Pressure Down For DOT Physical.   by Hveragerthi   3y
 I have both Ashwagandha and Jiaogulan.  I have read some customer reviews of people getting the opposite reaction with Ashwagandha (increased BP and rapid heart beat)and so I’ve been reluctant to suggest that he take it.   This would only happen with allergies to the herb.  Allergic responses result in an increase of epinephrine (adrenaline) that speeds up and strengthens the heart contractions. He is overweight, but he is a strong, hard worker and he gets more done than most people I know. Coleus also helps with weight loss not only by supporting thyr ...   25,622 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1860324

Re: Reverse T3 for HV   by Hveragerthi   3y
 Thanks HV, is your adrenal tonic enough support or would you recommend another way to do it. The Adrenal Tonic will work.  If you want a little extra kick for your adrenals I added jiaogulan to the Adrenal Tonic capsules.  It is on the label as Gynostemma pentaphyllum.  I also added ashwagandha for a more calming effect.  Ashwagandha also helps with T 4 to T 3 conversion.     647 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1862128

Ashwagandha, advise please   by ring5100   3y   View Entire Thread 8
I’m wondering if taking Ashwagandha would be beneficial for me. ?? I tend to have low cortisol most of the time, but can get high only when a stress occurrs, thus depletes my reserves more. But, with the stress too comes excess adrenaline, that lingers for days. Seems I need to do some tweeking, along with the positive thinking and slow breathing, but do not want to actually lower my cortisol levels, but help to keep my brain chemicals ”CALMED down.” Is it true that Ashwagandha helps to regulate this balance ( higfh and low ) or does it lower cortisol. ? I’ve heard that is is ca ...   1,222 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1867642

Re: ashwagandha   by Hveragerthi   3y
 how much ashwagandha caps can I take a day (300mg caps with 5% withanolids)? I feel the effect when taking two and a half (I empty some powder of the third one) but I worry this is too much when done 3 times a day. Ashwagandha is pretty safe, so you are not overdoing it with the amount you are taking.  If you take higher amounts the main effect you are going to feel is sedation from the elevation of GABA.   1,583 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1870059

Re: Ashwagandha Withania causes penile erectile dysfuncti...   by ObeyTheSloth   28mo
What a horrible study. They used 3,000 mg (3 grams) of an EXTRACT of unknown potency per kilogram of body weight? Let’s see, that comes out to 210 grams of what I can only assume is a potent extract of Ashwagandha, daily, for an adult human male of 70 kg. So, what conclusion can we reach from this? Consuming half a pound of ashwagandha extract (not the raw powder) every day may be dangerous. Given that -- like most sane people -- you are taking about 9-12 grams every day of the raw powder, and given that virtually no known adverse reactions exist at these dosages and forms, I’d s ...   6,047 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1930686

Re: Quick question/s: I need some guidance/help very bad.   by Willowley   3y
Ashwagandha powder from MRH  www.mountainroseherbs.com/bulkherb/a.html#h_ash Kava powder from MRH  www.mountainroseherbs.com/bulkherb/k.html I know Uny thinks the Ashwagandha powder is much better than the tincture due to the fact it seems to last longer in our systems but I don’t know if she means Kava powder or tincture, I’m sure she’s told you before huh? Hang in there jboy!  You’ve come so darn far and done such a fantastic job, it’s only gonna get better and better once these rough spots start to be farther and farther apart!  We’re all pulling for you! ...   1,330 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1851613

Re: Understanding Ashwagandha   by superfob   3y
Hi Hv, I know you are a big fan of Ashwagandha and so are many people. I have adrenal fatigue right now and my lab tests show that I have a low morning cortisol. I’ve tried taking Ashwagandha but what it seemed to do was give me symptoms of even lower cortisol - it made me more tired during the day, more dizzier when standing up, and even less tolerant of simple physical activity. I noticed this after a few days of taking it - initially it made me feel more clear-minded in a way. I’ve read accounts of other people with low cortisol having a bad reaction to adaptogens. What is your t ...   8,410 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1852159

Re: Ashwagandha and/or Phosphatidylserine?   by Saljoe   3y
I do take ashwagandha. Its from Nature’s Way. I take one in the morning and one at lunch. What it has done for me is I am not completely dragging in the evening nor am I wired. I am just balanced. I quit taking it for like a week and noticed the difference. Even my arms would get that tingly cold feeling and doesn’t when I take it. Adaptogens are very important for helping fatigued adrenals. The Ashwagandha seems to be the only one for me that doesn’t cause me to feel any stimulation.   3,114 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1852200

Ashwagandha, Nettle leaf, Suma root, Maca, Dandelion   by Aurora411   3y   View Entire Thread 2
Hi, Hv I’m going to order nettle leaf, ashwagandha, suma root, maca, dandelion root all in powder form. Can I mix and take them all together? This herbal blend is for general tonic; I hope I will have more energy and hormonal balance. I am over forty years old, woman, no particular diseases or pain but I suffer low energy, depression, chronic fatigue - I suspect hypothyroidism at subclinical levels. I take VO coconut oil and B50, biotin, a lot of rosehip powder for vit.C. I’ve been taking ashwagandha + nettle leaves powder for several months, which help but not enough. I do ...   3,282 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1827457

Re: "Detox" symptoms: how long to take off from iodine?   by Maniek   4y
http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1589329#i Vit C 3-10g Magnesium 70kg mean 700mg, 3-7 time *200-250mg Mg chelate, Chloride Mg Bee Polen 40g/day Honey 100g/day AVC 2-4 teabelspoon/day licorice ginseng 1-3g ashwagandha 1-3g Dark Chocolate 4 dice/day ect. In a double-blind clinical trial, ashwagandha was tested in a group of 101 healthy males, 50-59 years old, at a dosage of 3 grams daily for one year. A significant improvement in hemoglobin, red blood cell count, hair melanin, and seated stature was observed. Serum cholesterol decreased and nail calcium was preserved. Ery ...   1,144 hits
Forum: Iodine Supplementation
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1591704

Re: Ordering Herbs from Pacific Botanicals..thoughts?   by unyquity   4y
What everyone said...and --- The Ashwagandha at PB is much darker than what I’ve had from M/R and Starwest. They grow it on their farm at PB, so it’s likely higher quality...BUT, the taste is SO ”strong” (putting it mildly) that I cannot possibly take it in powder form mixed with juice. I had to encapsulize it to get it down (and that’s the ONLY herb I’ve ever HAD to do that with). I don’t ”like” the Ashwagandha from M/R or Starwest, but I can get it down. I sent what I had left from PB to Miss H, so maybe you wanna PM her and ask her what she thinks about the taste (there are man ...   1,149 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1616945

Herbs for Hashimoto's/high cortisol/candida   by #128415   4y   View Entire Thread 5
I have high cortisol levels in the mornings and evenings and also have Hashimoto’s. I want to take Ashwagandha for this but am currently on the equivalant to Armour. Will the Ashwagandha interact with my medicine? What’s the recommended dose for the herb? I also would like to take yucca root and bitters for candida as well as nettle leaf for the adrenals. Can any of these herbs cause problems because of my autoimmune condition? What are the recommended doses?   3,886 hits
Forum: Candida Support   Autoimmune Diseases   Adrenal Fatigue
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1626555

Re: Boost Cellular ATP With Glycine   by Hveragerthi   5y
  This might be good for me then. I asked in another post about something to calm the brain. Could i take this 30 minutes before meal and then my herbs 10 minutes later?   Yes as long as you are not taking a bunch of high protein herbs such as spirulina, chlorella or herbs in a protein "green drink". Glycine, taurine and GABA are all calming.  You can also use the herb ashwagandha, which stimulates the GABA receptors in the brain giving it a calming effect.  You will get the additional benefits of the ashwagandha of adrenal and thyro ...   1,198 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1533812

Re: Best way to calm the brain?   by Hveragerthi   5y
 I just posted this earlier on another thread, but it will answer your question: Glycine, taurine and GABA are all calming. You can also use the herb ashwagandha, which stimulates the GABA receptors in the brain giving it a calming effect. You will get the additional benefits of the ashwagandha of adrenal and thyroid support as well.   854 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1533819

Re: Waking Up Too Early and Adrenals   by Hveragerthi   5y
I can think of two possibilities. First would be abnormal cortisol levels, which would relate back to the adrenals. Have you read my posts on building up the adrenals? Along with the vitamin C and pantothenic acid sources you may also want to focus on ashwagandha and nettle leaf to not only help with the adrenals, but also for their calming properties. Taking the ashwagandha and nettle leaf before bed would be especially helpful. Another part of the problem could be the daylight. The sun is up at the time you mention, and it could be the angle of the sun at this time of year could b ...   1,157 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1538376

Re: adaptogen powder dosage   R by Hveragerthi   5y
 I’m getting bulk powder of suma, jiaogulon, schisandra and ashwaganda to use for adrenal issues. What would be the proper range to take? I see in previous post, 3 times a day take the powder 20 minutes before meal, but I’m not sure how much of each is a effective amount. The best way to take them is to blend them first. With those herbs I would do a blend of 4 ounces of the jiaogulan, 3 ounces of the schisandra, and one ounce each of the suma and ashwagandha. This will make a general all a round blend. If there is a lot of stress the the ashwagandha can be increased. Or if th ...   3,516 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1483455

Re: adaptogens,glandulars, St.John's Wort and the like,,,   by Palaecro   5y
Personally when I was at my worst, I tried quite a few different things from basic glandulars, Isocort (eeeek!), Pregnenolone & specific vitamins such as B5. I found that all of these things made me over-react. When I started relying on nutritional yeast for Bs & using low doses of a bunch of adaptogenics like Astragalus & Ashwagandha I felt much better for it. Besides the Ashwagandha to help you sleep you can always try lemon balm, passionflower & skullcap. Steep the bulk teas in a pot of mildly boiling water for about 30min+ so you get a lot out of them. Then pour the brew through a s ...   4,849 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1482948

Re: Chemical Sensitivity, there IS help!   by myoccm   5y
Capsules, as follows; Nature’s Way Ashwagandha, 500 mg. each Solary Schandra, 580mg. each Amla by Pure Planet, 54.4 mg vit c/ 2 tablets Now brand Bee Pollen, 3000 mg/tsp I’ve been taking the Ashwagandha and Schizandra for a couple of days and have been feeling very anxious. I started the Amla and bee pollen yesterday. Although I seem to have more energy, I feel tired and unable to focus and concentrate at the same time, along with feeling anxious...not calm at all...also takng about 100 billion probiotics 3 times a day.   2,861 hits
Forum: Chemical Sensitivities   Candida Support   Adrenal Fatigue
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1482996

Re: Goiter and B-12   by #104854   5y
Also do you think that the Black Walnut Hull powder could get me going with Hyperthyroid like symptoms this fast. I’ve only been on it about a week or so and the Goiter feeling started about 4 days ago. My basal temps are still below normal though. Maybe it’s the Ashwagandha powder I started taking about that time. Around the time I started taking this I started to feel super charged with Hyperthryoid like symptoms. Do some people have this reaction with Ashwagandha? You said to back down on the herbs and re-introduce them to find the ”problem” if one occured. I’ve been on all the re ...   2,607 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1488904

Re: Stopping Ashwagandha, need suggestions   by spudlydoo   5y
Hi Hope, I’ve never taken this herb, but from what I’ve read its not a ginseng, but in fact a member of the same family of plants as tomatoes and potatoes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashwagandha I wonder if the dose you were taking was maybe too high?? It will be interesting to see Hv’s response, as I have been looking at this herb for myself. As for anti-inflamatories, I use tumeric it works well and quickly. I mix the powdered root with a spoon full of raw honey and eat it off the spoon. As for adaptogens, I have been using the jiaogulan and the effects have been mild b ...   18,908 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1461271

Re: Stopping Ashwagandha, need suggestions   by hopeblossom   5y
Hi Spud! ***waves*** Yeah, now I know for future reference to be more careful in trying new things. At this point I just really want to get back to my ’pre-ashwagandha state’. Everytime I read that it has no side effects or is not addictive it just makes me want to laugh (or cry truthfully) As much information as there is on the internet, it is still lacking. When I first tried apple cider vinegar I was very impressed with how much energy it gave me, now while getting off of this standardized ashwagandha it seems to have no affect on me whatsoever. It’s probably going to take me a go ...   18,964 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1461296

Not getting much better with natural approach   by BalancedStep   5y   View Entire Thread 4
I was pushed into an adrenal crisis in March after taking Iodoral. I had a feeling my adrenals were fatigued and I have Hashimotos, but I had no idea that Iodoral could cause something like this... Since then I have had no coffee, black or green tea, no refined sugar, have been drinking salt water to support the adrenals, eating the right diet for adrenal support, but no matter how hard I try, I do not seem to get over the hump and some supplements that are supposed to support the adrenals seem to stress them out even further, like Vit C, magnesium, etc. I have been taking a high qualit ...   3,390 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1451279

Nuttin' silly...Re: MIssed Ashwaganda for 4 Days   by unyquity   5y
...about needing reassurance! (especially not when dealing with adrenal issues!!!!). Oh yes indeedy, Ashwagandha IS ”that good” - and missing it for four days (especially when your body is used to it) could DEFINITELY cause what you’re reporting/experiencing. I started taking Ashwagandha again about 45 days after this forum opened. I upped my daily amount from 1T to 2T about 10 days ago, and yesterday/today I dropped back to one. Yes, I could ”feel” the difference (I become ’hyper-reactive’ when my adrenals are stressing, and last night I snapped at Rocky over something totally inc ...   839 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1453628

Re: Valium withdrawl   by Hveragerthi   5y
The amino acid GABA or the herb ashwagandha. The drug valium and other similar drugs work by intensifying the effects of GABA within the body. So increasing your GABA levels will help. If you go with GABA the recommended dose is 750mg 3 times daily at least 30 minutes before meals. Then you can slowly taper down on the GABA over time. Ashwagandha works by stimulating the GABA receptors in the brain. Dosage will depend a lot on the form you take, but it should also be taken on an empty stomach.   2,316 hits     1 of 2 (50%)
Forum: Anxiety   Addiction: Drug   Adrenal Fatigue
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1406194

Re: Cirhosis   by Hveragerthi   5y
Hi MammacatPatch, Alcohol is a depressant because it intensifies GABA (gamma amino butyric acid)in the brain.  GABA functions as both a neurotransmitter and a neurotransmitter inhibitor.  It is the neurotransmitter inhibitor effects that slow us down when we drink.  Anti-anxiety drugs like valium and xanax work on the same principle. You could try ashwagandha instead, which also stimulates the GABA receptors.  Ashwagandha also supports the adrenals and thyroid, which can help with stress and depression.   1,160 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1447734

Re: Natural remedy for nervous tics   by Hveragerthi   5y
I would go with ashwagandha, which is calming due to its effects on brain’s GABA receptors and from its supportive effect on the adrenals, which produce our anti-stress hormones. Recommended dose is 2 standard capsules 3 times daily on an empty stomach. Sage leaf and tyrosine are also both effective in controlling muscle tics. These can be used as an alternative to the ashwagandha if it is not effective enough. Magnesium malate can be used to relax the muscles to reduce the tics. Recommended dose is 300mg 2 to 3 times daily.   5,132 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1479104

Re: Learning opportunity! Re: Ashwagandha question   by unyquity   5y
Please stop implying there’s a risk for using Ashwagandha in pregnancy...unless of course, you can provide evidence that there is. I’ve been researching now for two solid hours, and I can find nothing (other than allopathic BS) that indicates any type of a risk in pregnancy. We do our best on this forum to eliminate ”heresay”, and to eliminate the health-destroying tendency to ”ask other people on CZ”. If YOU have *evidence* that Licorice root or Schisandra berry are as effective as Ashwagandha, and you have evidence of their safety in pregnancy, please share the data. The only ...   7,136 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1476323

Re: Herbal blend   by #91053   5y
”I would do a blend of 4 ounces each of jiaogulan and licorice root, and one ounce each of the suma, maca, and schisandra. ” If i want to add the ashwagandha to this mix, do i just add one ounce, or should i do less of both the schisandra and the ashwagandha. Say 1/2 ounce each. So this can be called ’adrenal formula’ just thinking about the label. What is the most apt name for all what these herbs can achieve together. Should we only be on these herbal formulas for a certain length of time. Thanks   4,160 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1470341

Re: Ashwagandha question   by jfh   5y
I’m meeting the same resistance in searching. I’m normally pretty good at it. I worked intimately with databases in the end of my career. I even tried searching on adaptogen and pregnancy. Nothing specific. Apparently some adaptogens are OK. At this point, I would not trust ashwagandha. Try to see if there are complementary health pros in your town. Even some Chinese healers might know. It might be known by its other names to some of those people. Withania somnifera, also known as Ashwagandha, Indian ginseng, Winter cherry, Ajagandha, Kanaje Hindi, Ayamodakam in Malayalam a ...   6,998 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1476995

Re: Ashwagandha   by #55171   5y
HI there, Thanks for replying. I think that Ashwagandha is an excellent herb, having taken in tincture form. However I do find for me, that it does cause problems. I recently started taking this herb again, and have experienced some really strange symptoms, such as feeling hot, hair loss, palpatations also. HOwever it does help with my mood, and I feel calmer. Just a shame about other symptoms. When I stop taking Ashwagandha, symptoms stop. Which is why I was asking about schizandra as an alternative?   6,830 hits
Forum: Hyperthyroid   Ayurveda
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1415834

Re: supplements to reduce flight or fight response   by Hveragerthi   5y
The adrenal glands are overreacting. I recommend supporting your adrenals primarily with adaptogenic herbs. Jiaogulan, Siberian ginseng, schisandra berry, licorice root, suma, and ashwagandha are some excellent choices. Ashwagandha also has a calming effect due to its stimulation of the GABA (gamma amino butyric acid) receptors in the brain. GABA is what calms the body when you take an anti-anxiety drug or alcohol. Vitamin C and pantothenic acid (a B vitamin) are the most important nutrients required by the adrenals.   1,816 hits     0 of 2 (0%)
Forum: Supplements Support   Women’s Forum   Stress
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1389942

Re: essential tremor   by Hveragerthi   6y
I doubt is Lisinopril would work for essential tremor. This drug is an ACE inhibitor. Beta blockers, like Inderal (propanalol) and calcium channel blockers, like nimodipine, would be better choices. All of these drugs though can have some serious side effects. If it were me I would try ashwagandha and magnesium malate or citrate instead. Ashwagandha is a natural ACE inhibitor and beta blocker. It also decreases neurotransmitter action by stimulating the GABA receptors in the brain. This gives the herb a calming effect and can reduce tremor. It also strengthens the adrenals, reducing the ...   6,759 hits
Forum: Neurology   Hypertension   Brain Injury
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1317714

Re: american ginseng vs. ashwagandha?   by Sunovaproducts   17mo
Ashwagandha is an herb which do have a property of antistress, and keeps heart healthy, if you take ashwagandha along with Sudh Shilajit then it will gives you vitality and vigour apart from reliving stress. One more herb which is good for making yourself energetic is Spirulina. spirulina is an algae, which do have richest soure of protien, vitamins, minerals and provides 18 amino acid out of 22 a body requires a day- benifits- reduce bad cholesterol, eye care, skin care, keeps body energetic, increase hemoglobin level, reduce cancer chance, and several other benifts . It is only a ve ...   1,905 hits
Forum: Market Place
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=2049137

Libido boosters for Thyroid & hormonal problems   by #172684   14mo
Hi everyone, I am new to CureZone, so I havent gone through all forums and infos yet, but so far I havent found similar post :) So here is my problem: I ma looking for an useful libido booster. Due to hypothyroidism, hyperprolacitnonemia, and other hormonal issues I have lost my libido ages ago. Of course I have been taking Synthroid, and Dostinex (for PRL) and currently my hormonal levels is IDEAL. YET MY LIBIDO IS VERY LOW. I tried dozens of substances: L-arginine, Tyrosine, zinc, selenium, even Sarati creams; combinations of those, most recently: Mucuna Pruriens, Tribulus, ...   1,870 hits     0 of 1 (0%)
Forum: Hypothyroid   Sex   Herbal Formulas
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=2072710

Brief words on my experience with "adaptogens"   by Tena Cious   4mo   View Entire Thread 8
Adaptogens don´t seem to work. Schizandra, Ashwagandha, Reishi, Jiaogulan... I have taken all of these and a few others and did not feel ANYTHING AT ALL. Vitamins, minerals, food, juicing etc are way more effective. And another thing. Paradise Herbs and Eclectic Instiute are in my experience placebo brands of herbs, and not only I have tried adaptogens. But most brands are anyway, only seldom times herbs work, this Ashwagandha I tried that did nothing was of a ”professional brand”. When herbs work you notice something, like when you take maca for example (which stimulates you unfortunat ...   332 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=2163507

Re: sjw   by Hveragerthi   4y
 So what do you think about St john’s wort? It is a pretty good herb for both serotonin deficiency induced depression and as an antiviral. I keep umming and arring about whether to continue the Amoryn. I did a search and found a post where you didn’t agree that photosensitivity was a problem with normal amounts. The weather is getting nice now and want to get some much needed sun. The whole photosensitivity thing is based on cows grazing on SJW developing the problem.  There is a big difference between taking a gram or so of SJW and consuming kilos at a time. I ...   2,012 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1611829

Ashwaganda -- Links Page   by water01   3y
Ashwaganda -- Links Page Ashwagandha Report - MAJOR LEARNING OPPORTUNITY! [Unyquity] http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1477065#i Learning opportunity! Re: Ashwagandha question [Unyquity] http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1476266#i Re: Ashwaghanda question +edit--- Re: Got out first piece of Mucoid Plaque :) [Unyquity] http://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1784863#i Re: Ashwaghanda question [Unyquity] http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1788073#i Re: Got out first piece of Mucoid Plaque :) [Unyquity] http://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1784615#i Re: Hey Uny ...   1,179 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1804870

Re: Understanding Ashwagandha   by Hveragerthi   3y
 I know you are a big fan of Ashwagandha and so are many people. I have adrenal fatigue right now and my lab tests show that I have a low morning cortisol. I’ve tried taking Ashwagandha but what it seemed to do was give me symptoms of even lower cortisol - it made me more tired during the day, more dizzier when standing up, and even less tolerant of simple physical activity. I noticed this after a few days of taking it - initially it made me feel more clear-minded in a way. I’ve read accounts of other people with low cortisol having a bad reaction to adaptogens. What is your take ...   8,399 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1852897

Need something other than ashwagandha   by jboy7185   27mo   View Entire Thread 10
are adrenal cell extracts allowed in natural healing to rebuild the adrenal glands? I read it in my adrenal fatigue book that they help the bodies natural production of cortisol instead of replacing it. although I can’t seem to find a brand or company that sells them, I saw glandulars but I think those try to mimic cortisol. I realize my inability to get to sleep until 8am this morning was because of the ashwagandha, I slept for 3 hours until 11am. Then I took more ashwagandha thinking it would help me relax. NOPE! felt like I had done meth, i’m so tired yet I cannot even close my eyes ...   3,331 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1942395

Question for HV   by #145133   27mo   View Entire Thread 5
This message/question is for HV. Hi HV, First, I want to thank you so much for all of your research and advice throughout the CZ forums. I have come to rely on your sound council and am deeply indebted to you for offering me (and many others who come to CZ) some direction in my search for improved health. I have been studying and following your suggestions regarding AF and Candida and Immune Function. For AF I am currently taking Ashwagandha, Pantothenic Acid and Vitamin C. I feel better and wondered about something. I recently traveled via air and noticed that I did NOT have my ...   971 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1942042

Ashwagandha please help!   by stlre   25mo   View Entire Thread 3
I purchased a bottle of ashwagandha last night. It is the Himalaya brand 2.96 withanolides. I took it for the first time about 5pm and felt drunk/high/extremely tired and foggy in the head till I went to bed @ midnight. It was a pretty awfull feeling. I felt a little light headed today from it too. Did I buy the wrong type of Ashwagandha? Is this a normal feeling for first time use and does it get better? background of why I purchased it: I have some social anxiety and lack of confidence issues that I am dealing with. I heard Ashwagandha is a good adaptogen for this. A ...   1,329 hits
Forum: Ask Barefoot
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1958877

Re: Ashwagandha please help!   by MH   25mo
I purchased a bottle of ashwagandha last night. It is the Himalaya brand 2.96 withanolides. OK, THEN IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WANTED I took it for the first time about 5pm and felt drunk/high/extremely tired and foggy in the head till I went to bed @ midnight. It was a pretty awfull feeling. I felt a little light headed today from it too. OK Did I buy the wrong type of Ashwagandha? Is this a normal feeling for first time use and does it get better? NOT A HERB USED IN THE USA, YOU WILL FIND THE MOST INFO ON THE WEB AND FROM THE PEOPLE YOU PURCHASED IT FOR. THE ONLY AMERI ...   1,306 hits
Forum: Ask Barefoot
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1959215

Re: natural supplements   by Hveragerthi   4y
 I would think that licorice would be first choice as it is very specific for supporting and nourishing the adrenal glands. The drawbacks to using licorice are: 1)it can raise blood pressure in some people, so if you already have high blood pressure it is not a good choice; 2) I have seen it raise blood sugar levels in a few diabetics; 3) it is estrogenic so if you are male, you do not want to use it long term. These side effects take extremely high doses over a very long time to occur. For example, it takes around 50 grams of licorice daily over 6 months of continuous use to rais ...   2,552 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1730318

Re: Proportions for these herbs treating AF   by Hveragerthi   3y
 I’d like to mix all these together. I have Nettle, Ashwagandha and Schisandra Berry powders. It would in part depend on other factors such as if you are also hypothyroid, and if you have autoimmune issues.  A good general formula though for most people would be: Schisandra berry 5 parts, Ashwagandha 3 parts, Nettle leaf 2 parts and Licorice root one part. After mixing how much should I take 3 times a day before meals? I recommend a half teaspoon three times daily at least 20 minutes before meals. side note, i have some american licorice root which was sen ...   591 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1757967

Glycine etc   by #91053   4y   View Entire Thread 5
”If using GABA the recommended dose is 750mg 3 times daily or for the taurine or glycine 1,000mg 3 times daily. All of these should be taken on an empty stomach at least 30 minutes before meals.” I found this old post What will happen if you do take on a full stomach? I remember taking some animo acid years ago, that was supposed to calm, and can’t remember what it was. It said not to take with protein, and i did once by accident (not thinking) and i had a terrible reaction, i thought i was dying. It was very scary and i felt really weird. Another thing if using GABA, would yo ...   3,232 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1695184

Blends   by #91053   4y   View Entire Thread 4
Hi Hv If i take a blend for adrenals, a blend for Capilliaries, a blend for this, that and the other etc etc, and take half a teaspoon of each, i’ll be doubling up on some herbs. Does this matter? I already take maca and ashwagandha and schizandra and jaogulan separately. I’m trying to simplify things So if i scrapped the adrenal mix, as i don’t like the licorice in it, stains my teeth too much, and use the capilliary mix for adrenals too. I take a heaped desert spoon of bee pollen a day for the B5. And take a adaptogen mix using my maca and ashwagandha and Jaogulan. but ta ...   961 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1692639

Re: Natural xanax   by #91053   4y
I’ve got some kava but finds it wears off pretty quick. I like to use occassionally if i can’t sleep at night. I used to sit down stairs and take some kava and would be ready to go back to bed after an hour. I take Ashwagandha every day now, but lately i’m having trouble sleeping through the night again. It could be because i’m too hot. I not sure if i can still take the occassional kava if i’m taking Ashwagandha. Also is it true you can’t drink with Ashwagandha? I’m not drinking but heard that somewhere and not sure if it is true. I find Seredyn helps to calm me when i have to ...   2,704 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1692739

Re: Adrenals & Adaptogens   by Hveragerthi   4y
Ashwagandha is a good example.  The herb is not a CNS stimulant at all, it is a sedative due to its effects on the brain’s GABA receptors. So is ashwagandha something to take in place of GABA or are they both ok? Ashwagandha will a little weaker, but it also provides additional benefits such as adrenal and thyroid support.  So it can be tried alone first, and GABA added if an extra boost is needed. A lot of people don’t realize that many of the synthetic supplements are manufactured by pharmaceutical manufacturers. THAT is a real important point!  One th ...   2,971 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1658067

Re: Adrenals & Adaptogens   by Hveragerthi   4y
  Do you find adaptogen herbs like licorice and ashwagandha stimulatory in people with bad cases of adrenal exhaustion like Dr. Lam does? Most adaptogens are not central nervous system (CNS) stimulants.  The energy boost people are getting in most cases is from the adrenals getting stronger allowing them to generate more epinephrine to maintain proper energy levels.  And from their direct or indirect effects on strengthening the thyroid for metabolism.  Ashwagandha is a good example.  The herb is not a CNS stimulant at all, it is a sedative due to its effects o ...   3,030 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1657729

Re: You CAN detox with AF   by Hveragerthi   4y
 Like how they say, "Herbs are bad for people with AF!" Yes, it’s true that some of the so-called adaptogenic herbs like ginseng, eleuthero, maca, and ashwagandha can be too stimulating in large doses. There is a lot of confusion when talking about herbs and stimulant properties.  I have actually been asked about this numerous times as people read somewhere that a particular herb is a liver stimulant, or an immune stimulant, etc.  So they think this means that these will overstimulate their adrenals.   What people need to realize is that "stimulan ...   1,752 hits
curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1651716

«Prev   1  
3   4   5   6   7   8   Next»  

Post work-out pain ?
Multi-level healing with ArthroWell recovery creme, purest ingredients...

Healthy Weight Loss
”I saw results almost immediately, losing 52 pounds between September a...

Healthy Weight Loss
”I saw results almost immediately, losing 52 pounds between September a...

Ads

Ads from CureZone Sponsors

Herpes Cure?
It certainly is a major breakthrough in how Herpes is Treated

What is Nascent Iodine?
What is Nascent Iodine? How does it work? Click to learn Iodine’s h...

High Blood Pressure?
3 easy exercises drop blood pressure below 120/80 as soon as today

Natural Arthritis Treatment
ArthroWell transdermal creme provides fast pain-relief and rebu...

Heart Worms?
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Easy Colon Detox
All Natural Oxygen Cleanser. Works While You Sleep!

Free Book by Dr. Clark!
Bestselling author Dr. Hulda Clark claims to have cured cancer. Is ...

Natural Cancer Remedies

Medically Proven Anti-Cancer Benefits
Medical researchers confirm electrolyzed reduced wate...

Royal Tea
”Not only did Royal Tea make me look years younger, I feel years younger too.” - ...

ClarkFx: The all-in-one Parasite Cleanse!
ClarkFX is a new; enhanced natural, effective par...

Immunophen™
The World’s First Liquid Pine Cone Extract

Proven Candida Diet
The Only Legitimate Diet for Treating Candida in 30 Days

Medically research anti-diabetic effects
Electrolyzed drinking water significantly reduces ...

Rose Laurel OPC Capsules
15% Off With Curezone Discount Code Of Lr001

Destroy Parasites Quickly
Learn How to Destroy Parasites And Be Free of Your Unbearable Sym...

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

The Tesla Shield™
Transformational Technology For Mind Body And Soul.

Tbyil Supplement Catalog
The Best Years in Life’s hand picked top quality natural health co...

Become a Sponsor

Donate to CureZone

Share:  Facebook  MySpace  Digg  Reddit  StumbleUpon  Furl this page  Delicious  BlinkList  dzone  Simpy.com  Fark.com  BlogMarks  Wists.com  Google

Translate This Page:

French    German    Spain    Italian    Dutch    Russian    Portuguese    Japanese    Korean    Arabic    Chinese Simplified

Selected Ads from CureZone Sponsors: Become a Sponsor

VIP

Easy 4 Day Cleanse
Try This All-Natural, Clinically Tested Cleanse! Detox Your Body In A Few ...
Is there a Herpes Cure?
There has been a Herpes Treatment Breakthrough
High Blood Pressure?
3 easy exercises drop blood pressure below 120/80 as soon as today
Sport Injuries
ArthroWell’s natural healing remedies will get you back in the game fast !

PLAT

Easy Colon Detox
All Natural Oxygen Cleanser. Works While You Sleep!
Ginger, Goldenrod, Uva Ursi
Hulda Clark Kidney Cleanse
Official Dr. Clark Video Database
Natural Cancer Remedies

GOLD

Proven medical anti-diabetic benefits
Electrolyzed drinking water significantly reduces blood...
Proven Candida Diet
The Only Legitimate Diet for Treating Candida in 30 Days
Utopia Silver Supplements
Liquid Life Complete- Vitamin-Mineral-Herbal Nutrition & Plant Deri...
Proven Parasite Diet
The Only Legitimate Diet for Destroying Parasites in 30 Days or Less

GOLD

Get an Instant Discount!
Get 5% off anything in our homeopathic health store using the coupon...
Scientist prove anti-diabetic benefits
Electrolyzed drinking water significantly reduces bloo...
All of Dr. Hulda Clark’s Books
Dr. Hulda R. Clark has written many popular books over the yea...
Pine Cone Extract
Defends against colds, flu, viruses and bacterial infections

SILVER

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.
The Tesla Shield™
Transformational Technology For Mind Body And Soul.
Sutherlandia OPC Extract
Oleander based capsules and liquid proven to reverse HIV symptoms, f...

Back To Top How many people click on the sponsord links? Become a Sponsor

Guest Book - Liver Flush FAQ - News - Link Exchange - Add URL - How To Exchange Links? - About Global Directory

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules - Forum Trolls - Fair use notice

Staff's pages:  Owen - Wrenn - Maya

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Donors - Stats

Copyright 2014  curezone.com

fetched in 0.52 sec at 8/30/2014 11:13:12 AM, requested by 54.80.42.23, referred by http://curezone.com/forums/search.asp?q=Ashwagandha&f=762&t=0&p=2 , requested 1 pages during this session, y=2