Dash of Red skillet
A wonderful vegetable skillet meal that is so easy and so delicious. Enjoy!!!
Date: 7/15/2009 6:24:47 PM ( 13 y ) ... viewed 1905 times
Vegan Recipes - Entrees
Dash of Red Skillet
Submitted by Aura
* 1 large red onion, chopped
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 2 cups carrots, peeled and sliced
* 1 cup frozen kernel corn, thawed
* 1 cup stewed tomatoes, chopped
* 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
* 1 crookneck squash, sliced
* 1 cup frozen string beans, thawed
* 2 red potatoes, peeled and cubed
* 2 cups vegetable broth, divided
* 1 15-oz. can garbanzo beans, drained
* 1 Anaheim pepper, seeded and chopped
* Salt to taste
* 1 teaspoon sweet basil, crushed
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
* 1/2 teaspoon cumin
* 1 teaspoon brown sugar
* 4 Tablespoons crushed nuts
* 2 teaspoons cornstarch
* vegan parmesan
In a non-stick skillet, sauté the raw vegetables in 1 cup of the broth until they begin to soften.
Add the olive oil, the rest of the seasonings and the thawed vegetables.
Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining broth and add to the skillet when the vegetables are getting tender. Combine well. Let it all get heated through.
Add the nuts and parmesan. Serve immediately over rice, couscous, mashed potatoes, or as a side dish for baked yams or sweet potatoes.
Comments: Easy cooking, nutritious, flavorful but fast!
Add This Entry To Your CureZone Favorites!Print this page
Email this page