Phototherapy as a remedy for the soul
We will talk about phototherapy in psychology, which uses the simplest and most common method - photography.https://www.curezone.org/upload/Blogs/phototherapy.jpg
Date: 1/25/2019 1:40:58 PM ( 24 mon ) ... viewed 227 times
Many of us are engaged in phototherapy at home and do not even know about it. Until recently, I had no idea about it. Although, some of its methods are used throughout our entire life. So, what is phototherapy, which I'm going to talk about today? This is not Light therapy of the face, skin etc, where the patient is exposed to healing rays of light.
Phototherapy is the treatment of many diseases with photography
Most residents of US countries are not used to address their everyday problems to a psychologist or psychotherapist. We've always had friends for that! We met, talked, cried, laughed, once again looked at your favorite photos, sometimes together prepared some sweets to learn how to cook unfamiliar dishes. But such a meeting always ended in the same way: we rested, in a good mood, healed with soul and body went to our homes, carefully carrying away the warmth of our communication. And it turns out: we conducted phototherapy sessions at home or in the homes of our friends.
Time has changed. And today we do not go to visit so often, do not communicate so warmly, do not heal each other. Direct communication we replaced with the Internet, coffee or tea, we drink with friends only virtually and receive the real help only when it is too late. It's time for depression, from which every 10th urban citizen suffers. Treating depression has become very difficult since it requires multi-professional help (psychologists, psychotherapists, psychiatrists) much knowledge, skills, time and material resources.
An effective method of photo treatment is used by psychologists
Only by now I've realized that phototherapy is at the junction of several, if I may say so, professions: photographer, psychologist, actor, skilled head of training. The ideal option is to combine all these professions in one person. But this is extremely challenging. It would be better if the photographer knew the basics of psychology, and the psychologist is well versed in photography, which is also not common.
In General, although phototherapy has been actively used and discussed officially since the 70s, it still causes a storm of emotions in the scientific world considering its effectiveness.
Although all new ideas are always perceived with hostility.
Among the most familiar methods of phototherapy are distinguished:
- passionate work on a series of portrait or landscape photography, finding the best angle of their shooting, exploring the space around you to choose a place, modeling pictures of your own life;
- posting dozens of photos about the tour, trip, important event, your impressions in social networks, creating a story of your life sad or cheerful, modest or adventurous;
- posing in front of the camera, creating a certain image and the desired mood;
- view our old family or school albums with yellowed photos, your reunion with the history of your family, your classmates and colleagues;
- compiling a photo collage of some significant event or just any pictures using different tools like background remover and photo collage maker;
- creating your own photos, creative evaluation of other people's photos, their description and so on;
- Photo editing which has become some sort of ASMR. It implies watching tutorials or proceeding photos yourself using some photo software;
- People often acquire a real passion for the process itself. Phototherapy helps in creating positive emotions; getting rid of negative ones, development of creative abilities, self-esteem…
Photos are healers of our souls
Many of us may have noticed that when we look at a beautiful photo, we start smiling or become thoughtful, a lot of different memories fill our mind. Moreover, these photos can be of any subject it all depends on the nature of the person, his psychological state at the particular moment.
Among the most common images that may help to restore peace of mind, can be called:
- the beauty of nature at any time of the year (Landscape photography);
- the simplest photos of our children at different ages;
- family photos depicting important events;
- healthy recreation or sporting events;
- night gatherings by the fire, which bakes potatoes;
- portraits of you and your friends, joint weekends;
- a wonderful and meaningful family holidays;
- interesting photos of cats, dogs and other animals;
- beautiful flower arrangements and bouquets.
Will finish my post so
The most simple and affordable methods of phototherapy are the use of ready-made pictures or ordered from professionals, the creation of independent unique author's works, photo books, collections of different images (portraits of celebrities, photos of beautiful cars, pictures of attractions, interesting natural phenomena) from magazines or the Internet.
Add This Entry To Your CureZone Favorites!Print this page
Email this page