Theory of the nature of reality.
Date: 9/5/2005 6:36:45 PM ( 16 y ) ... viewed 1272 times
More Spiritual/Consciousness Articles
Esoteric theory is an ancient and perennial alternative hypothesis as to the nature of reality to that held by most people in Western society. By definition, Esoteric means "intelligible to initiates only" and through the auspices of that process esoteric theory has survived largely intact throughout human history.
Esoteric theory postulates that the physical Universe as perceived by humans' five senses is but just a tiny aspect of a far more complex and vaster total 'reality'. The basic tenet of esoteric theory is that a 'Universal Consciousness' associated with a single infinite entity or 'Creative Principle' underlies all reality, of which the physical Universe is but just an aspect. Esoteric theory has a number of basic tenets which can be summarised as follows:
* All reality (Universe), including the infinite un-manifested potential known as the VOID 1 , is simply an expression of the Creative Principle (or GOD for want of a better word). As such, the Universe is an undivided, infinite WHOLE. This concept implies an essential 'ONENESS' pervading all reality and an unbroken interconnectedness between all the so-called 'separate' parts thereof. 2
* Implicit in the concept of an undivided WHOLENESS is the notion that the Universal Consciousness is totally conscious of itself, and all the so-called parts comprising it.
* The Creative Principle (God) is infinite, meaning the Universe is infinitely multi-dimensional, has no beginning, no end and no limits and that 'time' as perceived in humans is just an illusion for the purpose of experience in this realm. This concept is simply beyond the perception or comprehension of most humans incarnating at this point in 'time'.
* At its essence ALL reality is consciousness or mind. (the 'Mind of God' so to speak) Thus, although the physical Universe appears to be made up of 'solid' matter, in reality matter is nothing more than an expression of 'thought'. Quantum physics is knocking on the door of this startling concept associated with the 'Observer Effect' which states "there is no phenomenon until it is observed". 3
* The consciousness underlying all reality implies that the Universe has purpose, even if that purpose is beyond the perception or understanding of human consciousness. 4
* The Physical Universe is an expression of the Creative Principle (thought) in the form of a vast, interconnected energy field. Physical matter is just coalesced or slowed down energy in accordance with Einstein's famous formula:
E = mC2 where E = energy, m = mass, C = speed of light
* Fundamental to the Physical Universe is EXPERIENCE from the perspective of a limited awareness as to the true identity of the points of consciousness (souls) comprising it, that being that they ARE God and as such are never really separate from their Source (God). In other words, the perception of individual consciousness (ego) and the attended perception of separateness associated with the Physical Universe is really just an illusion (maya) for the Creative Spirit to experience Separation and Companionship. Implicit in this notion is the birthright of all souls to return eventually to an un-manifested state of perfect BEING. This concept is simply beyond the perception or comprehension of most humans incarnating at this point in 'time'. 5
* The Physical Universe is defined by limits based on duality. (e.g. hot versus cold, here versus there, up versus down etc.) and linear time (past - present - future etc.) These 'limits' are subject to 'rules' such as the laws of physics to define them. However, these 'rules' have no reality in themselves, they simply exist because all points of consciousness in this realm 'agree' to their existence for the purpose of experience, hence the ability of some humans to actually operate outside the 'rules' and perform so called miracles. (e.g. Jesus of Nazarus, Yuri Geller, Sai Baba and countless others etc)
* At its essence, the only thing that is 'real' is the creative principle itself, which is beyond form, time or limits. In other words, GOD just IS. This has no context from the perspective of this realm and as such is trenchantly denied by most human egos, including mine. (Alex Paterson 2000 )
1. The VOID; a primordial emptiness of cosmic proportions and relevance, an infinite but un-manifested potential.
See: The VOID by Alex Paterson
2. An UNDIVIDED WHOLE by definition implies there is no such thing as a part. Most humans incarnating at the present time are unable to relate to this concept because their waking consciousness is almost entirely focussed on the perception of 'separateness' that is fundamental to experience in this realm. As such, the concept of an undivided whole has no context in this realm until one experiences a reconnection with the SOURCE associated with some form of spiritual or 'holotropic' state. It is the destiny of all souls (points of consciousness) to experience this reconnection at some stage. Having experienced it briefly on a number of occasions as a child, I KNOW I am the Universe in its infinite entirety, not just a separate aspect of it. (Alex Paterson 2000)
3. OBSERVER EFFECT. Fundamental to contemporary Quantum Theory is the notion that "there is no phenomenon UNTIL it is observed". This effect is known as the 'Observer Effect'.
The implications of the 'Observer Effect' are profound because, if true, it follows that observation is fundamental to the existence of reality. Presumably OBSERVATION cannot occur without the pre-existence of some sort of consciousness to do the observing and as such implies that the physical Universe is the direct result of 'CONSCIOUSNESS'. In other words, the Physical Universe is nothing more than a very sophisticated 'virtual reality' in the 'mind of God'.
Phenomena that supports this notion are Hypnotic Trance experiences, Out of Body experiences (OBE), Near Death Experiences (NDE), Mind over Matter experiences (e.g. Yuri Geller, Sai Baba) and a host of other paranormal phenomena experienced by countless humans.
NOTE: The concept of the Physical Universe being based on 'consciousness' is in direct contradiction of contemporary scientific theory which maintains that consciousness is solely the result of the workings of a physical brain.
* See: Observer Effect by Alex Paterson
* See: God's Game by Alex Paterson
* See: Quantum Physics by Alex Paterson
4. PURPOSE. The whole concept of purpose presents an irreconcilable paradox which is beyond the resolution or understanding of the human mind. 'Purpose' implies a direction which, by definition, is a form of limitation if only because purpose and direction require the defining, and then ultimate negation, of all that is NOT part of the said purpose or direction. The physical universe displays order as evidenced by the laws of physics, which strongly suggests it is NOT purposeless. However, BEING infinite, the CREATIVE PRINCIPLE is beyond limitation. Purpose only has meaning in a paradigm defined by limits, such as the Physical Universe. From the perspective of the unmanifest infinite, purpose is meaningless.
5. The VOID is at the other extreme of the spectrum to human experience in that it is total AWARENESS devoid of experience. The Void has no real context to normal human experience in this realm and cannot be understood until one experiences it.
NOTE: Even 'experiencing' the VOID is an oxymoron because the VOID is devoid of experience!
Add This Entry To Your CureZone Favorites!Print this page
Email this page