my fasting tips
Tips and tricks for successful fasting.. at least in my head!
Date: 4/18/2007 8:51:52 AM ( 15 y ) ... viewed 2356 times
Honestly I feel positively amazing and renewed when i do this. if you feel you want to eat at least have a bubble bath first becasue I find that i have my most positive thoughts whilst in the bath or shower. Its almost like the washing and cleaning and caring for your self makes you charged to go on fasting. So my tips:
* have a colonic.. im saving for one this week, they are quite blinking expensive!
* have a long hot bath every day, have it when you are feeling your least head strong for what you are doing. it will really help!
* sleep when you need to, especially if it involves going to bed early evening. I am always AMAZED at how much I sleep and dream when i am fasting. Dreams are amazing whilst fasting, I look forward to sleeping. When I am cutting my diet and eating clean i always sleep well too. On the flip side, when I scoff chocolate or big plates of pasta I lie awake until 3 am, have night sweats and awake feeling like s*it. Whats the point in that?
* have a lovely big cup of juice or mug of herbal tea
* dont forget your vitamins and maybe ones with calcium. I read that calcium is important whilst fasting. any ideas is this true? becasue i have started taking calcium tabs.
* pamper yourself, and think of how wonderful you will feel at the end of your fast
* think about how you will break your fast. think only of raws, no matter how tempting the old ways are!
* finally if you really feel like caving, where possible try to wait until you've slept on it. My body always tells me how I truely feel when I first wake up. I think it is a very telling time
Am I allowed one more? Listen to your body. It is hard to fast especially when living in the west. Listen, listen, listen to you own body, which has it's own wisdom.
Add This Entry To Your CureZone Favorites!Print this page
Email this page