Amalgam and Science? Is there any science supporting the claim that Amalgam may cause illness?
Boyd Haley, PhD Chemistry, warns that organizations with a vested interest can design studies to distort the truth.
Haley in the following video reminds us that most of the mercury comes out fecally not in urine. Yet you'll see papers by the ADA basing their opinion of the toxicity of amaglam on levels in urine.
Viewed 2399 times
All joegrane's Answers
Consumers should be aware of the scientific evidence related to the health hazards of mercury (amalgam) dental fillings, often called "silver", and diseaes that have been associated with toxic exposure to mercury.
I recommend the International Association of Oral Medicien and Toxicology's new Position Paper Against Mercury Amalgam Fillings. Their website is: http://www.iaomt.org.
From their homepage do a search for "Position Paper". Also, on their homepage is a link to the video for "safe protocol for Amalgam removal".
Sixteen years ago I had an old filling removed and replaced with a new one by a dentist who did not use the safe protocol for removal. Seven days later I was struck with double vision, loss of eqilibrium and diagnoed with MS, Lupus and then Myasthenia Gravis. I discovered through my own research that these symptoms were the result of being mercury poisoned from acute and chronic exposure to dental mercury. All silver fillings are 50% mercury.
Another important website: http://www.mercuryexposure.info,
which videos of interviews of scientists, dentists and injured consumers.
The Food and Drug Administration was to reclassify dental Amalgam several years ago, but haven't done so, and the American Dental Assoc. continues their unsupported positoin that mercury fillings are safe for all ages, including the unborn fetus. After reading the Position paper, I am certain you will agree that the ADA is attempting to protect themselves from liability rather than the American public.
The fact that some people have difficulty excreting mercury is a fact, however, mercury, is the second most toxic element on earth besides plutionium and does not belong in the human body. In fact, the U.N.s Mercury Treaty calls for a phase down of mercury fillings.
Please feel free to write to me for further information. YOu can find the name of a trained mercury free dentist http://www.iaomt.org
(find a doctor).
I hope this was helpful.
President, PA Coalition for Mercury-Free Dentistry
Viewed 15649 times
< Send email to
All frekoss's Answers
There is a large volume of published research supporting the link between Amalgam and health problems:
- "Chewing releases mercury from fillings" [letter]. THE LANCET
- "Mercury released from dental fillings provokes an increase in mercury and anti ...
- "Resistance of the normal human microflora to mercury and antimicrobials after e ...
- Birth Defects & Mercury
- Chronic elemental mercury intoxication: neuropsychological follow-up case study
- Chronic encephalopathies induced by mercury or lead: aspects of underlying cellu ...
- Concentrations of heavy metals in maternal and umbilical cord blood
- Cytotoxicity of amalgams, alloys, and their elements and phases.
- Dental Amalgam and Mercury by Birgit Calhoun
- Did Mercury in "Little Blue Pills" Make Abraham Lincoln Erratic?
- Epidemiology, etiology, and prevention of multiple sclerosis. Hypothesis and fact.
- Evidence for delayed neurotoxicity produced by methylmercury.
- Increased blood-mercury was related to the presence of more than four Amalgam fi ...
- infertility, birth defects, and fetal developmental effects related to mercury f ...
- Interactions between dental Amalgams and the oral environment.
- Mercury and ALS
- Mercury and Brain Research
- Mercury-Caused Endocrine Conditions Causing Widespread Adverse Health Effects, C ...
- Neurological and Immune Reactive Conditions Affecting Kids
- Occupational exposures to metals as risk factors for Parkinson's disease.
- Placental transfer of heavy metals in normal pregnant Japanese women
- Re: 10,000 People Poisoned By Amalgam
- Researchers present evidence of mercury’s effect on brain neurons
- Scientific Facts on the Biological Effects of Mercury Amalgams
- Side-effects: mercury contribution to body burden from dental amalgam.
- Studies on the Mercury Release from Dental Amalgam Fillings
- Talbot ES. "Injurious effects of mercury as used in dentistry".
- The prevalence of sensitivity to constituents of dental alloys.
- Traces of mercury in organs from primates with amalgam fillings
Viewed 34915 times
All entrance_to_reality's Answers