I was contacted at the end of December last year by a Filipino working in Jamaica who was in a very bad way with systemic candida. He thought he was dying. He had a long spate of taking antibiotics for several months for an illness and he worked aboard a ship as a worker where his diet was probably awful. I advised him on what to do to eliminate the candida, but he was unable to get most of the needed ingredients until he returned to Manila in late June of this year.
I also live in Luzon and he started on the protocol, sticking quite faithfully to everything advised. I have also posted an older candida remedy protocol some while back but the one I'm posting now is an updated version.
Because of the difficulties and expense of buying some of the ingredients, I had to improvise for him, so I have added Chanca Piedra to the remedy. This herb has worked well -- essentially this herb lowers blood pressure, lowers blood sugar, removes calcium and stones and generally is a wonderful enemy to candida because it helps the liver to purifiy the blood. Chanca piedra also supports liver, kidney, intestines and blood. That's alot of anti-candida support. Pau D'Arco and Cat's Claw are similarly useful, but not so easily obtainable in the Philippines.
I eventualy met up with him because I wanted to see how he was doing since returning to his home in Manila. When I arranged the meeting, I really didn't know what to expect but when I saw him I was pretty happy. His eyes weren't yellow so no jaundice and his liver was OK, his tongue was pink and healthy. We spent the afternoon together travelling around health shops and his energy was pretty good. When we met, his skin was a healthy dark brown with no skin problems. But he told me that when he flew into Manila and his family were there to meet him only a month before -- his skin was actually white and he was very skinny -- his father was so shocked that he broke down and wept when he saw his son. But when I saw him just after a month, when he had followed the anti-candida protocol and diet faithfully(given below), it even surprised me how good he looked. He was a little thin, but his body wasn't in the wasting away stage anymore. He also recently reported that he had actually gained 3.3 kgms in one week which was great. My own past candida problems were a picnic compared to his problems.
Anyway, not to waste anymore time, this is the complete protocol -- with minor adjustments -- that I recommended to him. Most of it is based on Ted from Bangkok's recommendations for candida. Hopefully this will help some people.
This protocol is really in 5 parts comprising the anti-candida protocol :
1. Detox heavy metals and halogens -- Bromine, Chlorine & Fluorine
2. Supply all essential nutrients that are lacking
4. Build up the immune sytem.
3. Actively Kill the Candida
5. Proper Diet
This protocol is for worst case candida -- systemic candida, which should also work against just intestinal candida as well. The minimum anyone should do on this protocol is to make sure you take all the core attack remedies against the candida as well as taking the alkalizing remedies and religiously following the given diet. There are no quick shortcuts for a candida cure.
Improving your Body Terrain
* Take Ted's Lime/Lemon alkalizing remedies at least 2-3 times a day as recommended. I used mainly the ACV, lemon or lime alkalizing remedies. These alkalizing remedies create the worst possible environment for the candida while simultaneously creating a healthy body terrain. Also take the 1/4 to 1/2 tsp BS with water remedy on it's own one hour before bed - this will alkalize the blood to help you get a good nights sleep. If you have problems with this, then use Ted's Carbicarb remedy -- this is more balanced and incorporates potassium to balance any sodium issues. Potassium citrate can be taken to more directly aid intracellular alkalization. See this link for the alkalizing remedies:
* Take at least 2 tablespoons of VCO per day to help constipation and intestinal issues. VCO contains mainly medium chain saturated acids, very protective for the intestines, liver and blood. Contains lauric acid, caproic acid, caprylic acid and myristic acid -- these act as anti-microbials helping to destroy the candida as well as protecting the intestines from any further external microbial invasion. I don't use vegetable oils anymore, I cook only with VCO now.See this link:
Reasons for Using Coconut Oil
* Take herbal supplements Chanca Piedra and Milk Thistle(dosage for both herbs: 1000 mgs 3 times a day with meals) because the candida die-off will create a big strain on both your immune system and the liver which will have to clear the dead candida debris and toxins from your blood. Think of this as taking out the candida trash. This die-off will give you flu-like or liverish or allergic-like symptoms and perhaps some diarrhea. Accept this and work your way through it as it should disappear once your body gains control again.
* Detox and get rid of heavy metals from your body. Due to diet and if you've taken medicinal drugs for any length of time you will have an accumulation of heavy metals. To get rid of this just drink green tea 2 or 3 times a day and eat Cilantro 3 times a week in salads. You can also use 10% Sodium Thiosulphate(bought from aquarium shops) to get rid of heavy metals, arsenic, cyanide and chlorine. These will get rid of heavy metals over time. Use 6 -10 drops of ST in a full glass of water daily. Heavy metals create an ideal acidic environment for candida as well as for nanobacteria. See link:
Remedies that Directly Attack and Kill the Candida
* Drink 1/4 teaspoon of borax in a litre of water throughout the day. Take this for 4 days on then rest for 3 days. So, 4 days on, 3 days off with the Borax water. Or just buy boron tablets(same as borax) from the health store and take at least 10 - 12 mgs per day. Borax is the ultimate anti-fungal, also good for bones and helps to balance the hormones as well as chelating out the fluoride from your body.
* Methylene Blue(MB). You can buy this at any aquatics or fish supply store. Used to get rid of fungal and bacterial infections on fish. Also used throughout the last century as a successful anti-malarial. Taking MB on its own will turn your urine green and the whites of your eyes blue, but if you take at least 1000 mgs Vitamin C with the MB, these side-effects will not occur.Dosage: 6 - 8 drops of a 0.1% solution of MB in a full glass of water once or twice a day. Do not take MB after 3 or 4 o'clock in the afternoon - it gives you alot of energy so you will not be able to sleep !!(I learned this the hard way...LOL) MB is a deep acting anti-fungal that is able to penetrate the blood/brain and blood/bone barriers of the body. MB is also a marvellous mitochondrial super anti-oxidant for your brain -- gives you lots of energy.
Using Methylene Blue
* Supplementing with at least 12.5 to 50 mgs of 5% lugols iodine per day -- 2 to 8 drops a day in a glass of water. Read the story of Dr Orian Truss, Candida and Lugol's Iodine. Iodine will also help to balance your hormones and is also able to remove dangerous halogens like fluorine and bromine from your body. Lugol's Iodine also removes heavy metals from the body like aluminium, cadmium, lead and mercury from your body and is very beneficial.
* Hydrogen peroxide(food grade) I just use a capful of 3% HP in one litre of water a day when I need it. HP kills bacteria,viruses and fungi. Sometimes I splash 3% HP all over my body, this kills everything bad topically as well as being absorbed quite well transdermally into my body by this method. Very potent against all forms of bacteria, viruses and fungus. See link:
Additional and Useful Vitamin and Mineral Supplements
* Vitamin C - Taken in the more alkaline form of Sodium Ascorbate -- at least 1000 mgs twice a day. Vit C is an anti-oxidant and also chelates heavy metals as well.
* Magnesium -- Taken as Mag Chloride, Mag Citrate or Mag Gluconate. Helps balance Calcium in the body. Dosage: 250 mgs twice a day. Magnesium is involved in over 300 major enzyme body processes and also gets rid of any staph or strep bacteria quite well. Magnesium Chloride is the best form of magnesium in my opinion. See this link:
* Natural Sea Salt or Fulvic/Humic Acid. Both of these will act in the same way as absorbtion synergists as well as help create a healthy intestine and help to supply other much needed minerals to your body. See these links:
What were your favorite probiotics?
I have had some doubts about biotin because its hard to believe that 1mg-5mg of any product is strong enough to effect vast population of candida?
Im surprised you could tolerate that many eggs? Sounds like your candida was mild? I cant do to many eggs because i have trouble digesting that much fat/protein. Not to mention the sulfur content with eggs which can cause some detox reactions.
How does calcium encourage excessive acidity? Calcium buffers acid causing indigestion and constipation. I agree with him though calcium causes nothing but problems with me. Calcium gives me indigestion+constipation.
I agree with the citric acid part. Citric acid seems to give me digestive issues because it nuetralizes beneficial digestive acids causing indigestion. If i do any food/supplement that contains citric acid it seems to cause mild bloating. Citric acid is added to food products to nuetralize the acid in the food. But when im trying to digest food I need all the beneficial acid i can get-especially when im lacking the friendly bacteria that provide those acids.
I do potassium bicarbonate (occasionally) at night. Seems to more gentle than the citrate form. I have to be carefull with doing too much sodium on a empty stomach. It can cause uncomfortable syptoms. Ive read that sodium in general can cause yeast die-off.
Hi PM...I would say that there's a very good chance that you have candida as well as other pathogens in your body. You have some of the classic symptoms. Mental problems, anxiety, depression, acidity, reflux, gut problems can all be symptoms of candida. Also, the drugs you are currently taking will probably help the candida and other pathogens to spread and become more virulent. Clonazepam contains chlorine and Zescita contains fluorine -- not a good mix for your body. Both these drugs will therefore act to depress your thyroid activity making you low thyroid or hypothyroid. Get off these drugs !!
To help your issues you can follow my candida protocol which is shown here:
Reasons and a solution for your Reflux problems are given here:
I would also advise that you take niaicin at 500 mgs twice a day. To avoid the niacin flush, take an aspirin dissolved in water 20 minutes before you take the niaicin or take it with food. Or you can just take the slow release or no-flush form of niacin -- Inositol Hexanicotinate twice a day at meals. This will open up your blood vessels and help with your energy and will also help you to sleep better if one of the doses is taken in the evening. Take B50 complex once a day as well since niaicin always works synergistically with the other B vitamins.