Bee wilder is one of the best diets for candida. I just cant do the high amount of fats. I dont supplement with hard to digest mineral supps. I stay away from synthetic b-vitamins..never did me any good. I do occasionally supplement with Vitamin C. Dont do the fish oil supps. Have trouble digesting those. Have to be very careful with fish oil supps that there not rancid--dealt with a lot of rancid fish oil supps.
1. Are u sure GAPS caused a candida flare and not die-off? I don't think so. I have been at this for quite some time. The gaps kefir did it for sure.
2. Can u give me a typical day's worth of meals/snacks that u eat on Bee's plan? How do u feel Bee's plan is helping more than GAPS and SCD? Go to her website for food ideas. I eat mainly eggs, meats, butter, coconut oil, low carb vegetables etc. No fruit. My mind is very clear and all yeast type symptoms are gone. I have never experienced clarity of mind like this ever.
I'm SO confused....and the more I research each plan, the more paralyzed and anxious I get. I'm tired of being sick. No need to become anxious just pick one and try it.
3. My fear about Bee's plan is all the fat. With gastroparesis and malabsorption, IDK how I can handle 75-80% of my cals from fats. And 15% protein is not enough for my body. I feel like my meals would be oil soups, with a bit of meat and veg added in! What are your ratios? I eat roughly 50g of protein, 25g of carbs and around 110 - 200 fat.
4. Also, I cannot digest butter...so my fats would be VCO, animal fats (like skins), and *maybe* ghee, if I can tolerate it. That's fine. Butter just has many healing vitamins and minerals but you should be able to heal without it.
5. Is it possible to do her plan without red meat? I simply cannot digest it, and it is a moral issue for me. I would eat chicken, turkey, fish, and eggs...but eggs seem to give me issues (and an allergy test confirmed a reaction to eggs). Again you don't have to have beef but it has lots of iron. I eat beef liver once per week. I also eat the drnks made with raw eggs. These are wickedly detoxifying. I had major healing reactions for at least 5 weeks. These are my mainstay. Eggs are super dense nutrition. Get free range from a farmer.
6. In addition, IDK if I can have a diet without nuts. If I don't eat nuts, I get constipated. I quit eating all nuts. Most are all irradiated anyway.
7. Is coconut butter allowed? Leafy green Coconut butter? not sure. Leafy greens of course.
8. Do some people do a mix of GAPS/SCD/Bee? Do u...or do u follow it to a T? For instance, could I add non-dairy homemade yogurt to Bee's plan (made with either coconut milk or homemade brazil nut or cashew milk)? Not really because you will never know for yourself which diet is working or not. Bee's diet is low carb, high fat.
9. I'm surprised she allows nutritional yeast. That's a very controversial food. I don't use the yeast either.
10. The fact that she says to take all those supplements is worrisome. If her diet was THAT healthy, supplements wouldnt be needed.I only supplement with fish oil and coconut oil.
11. I still can't grasp her stance on probiotics. Why does she feel they feed pathogens and get destroyed by the body before being used by the body? I've never heard that before.
12. What fermented foods DOES she allow? How much?
After reading through your questions it appears that you favor the Gaps diet. Why don't you just try the gaps diet with the probiotics and see how you feel?
Google Optimal diet, Gary Taubes and Dr. Su at carbohydratescankill if you want more science behind a low carb high fat diet.
Thanks so much!!!!
You are Welcome
You're right to say that real kefir has no lactose but Bee Wilder claims that it is merely changed to another type of sugar. So according to bee wilder kefir contains sugar.
Not true. The lactose is fermented forming beneficial lactic acid, which is not a sugar. Many of the claims being made by Price and Wilder are way off base.