"Remember that Vitamin C is an acid. It can cause stomach ulcers and intestinal bleeding if you take too much."
OK, over again :). Stomach acid is ph 1-2 at its best, when good health; it digest our food, make it ready for the intestines, while a too high ph will typically cause fermenting of the food (gas, pain, also bacterias survive = ulcers, other factors contribute).
ph 1-2 stomach acid does not cause ulcers nor intestinal bleeding. It is designed that way.
Ascorbic acid is approx ph 2,4. No reason that it cause ulcers either, if so animals would have a big problem with it; they typically produce 5 mg daily, if we convert it to a normal weight of a human. More if they are sick.
One of the biggest mistakes I made in my health journey, was believing that oranges could cover my need for vit c, or Amla, berries, fruits..
I really did believe it, quit all the ascorbic acid and had to pay for it.
Not that I dont recommend juicing, I do it daily myself; did this even more when I was a vegetarian, got ill, hypo T.
-what we do here at this forum, high dosages of Iodine
need higher doses of the companions; more than food can provide.
I recommend all newbies to read up old threads; most is covered at this forum!
Ps. Dont turn this thread into a vit C debate, there are other forums more suitable.