yes i know other diets are different. there are reasons why some things are on this list. products may contain Sugar
but are ofset by other nutrients that it gives. i stay away from dairy but not 100%...no soda including equal and nutrasweet junk
The dietary recommendations given below are designed to work in conjunction with a nutritional protocol and with in-office treatments. In some cases it may be necessary to strictly adhere to the diet below. Some people are so sensitive to intestinal yeast infections that any wavering from the recommended diet will result in re-infection.
· Meats: beef, duck, eggs, quail, chicken, fish, oyster, rabbit, clam, tuna, turkey, crab, shrimp, goose, pheasant, lobster, Cornish hen, lamb, pork, and veal.
· Vegetables (excluding corn and potatoes) asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, eggplant, parsley, zucchini squash, avocado, brussel sprouts, celery, green pepper, peas, tomatoes, green beans, yellow beans, cabbage, okra, beets, carrots, cucumber, onion, radishes, greens: beet, collard, kale, lettuce, mustard, spinach & turnip.
· Nuts: almonds, Brazil nuts, cashews, filberts, pecans, and walnuts.
· Seed: sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds.
· Oils: butter, almond, avocado, canola, corn, flax, olive, sesame, sunflower.
· Brown rice
· Quinoa pasta
· Live yogurt (plain)
· Water lemon and grapefruit juice (freshly squeezed only)
· Kefir (a fermented beverage made from whole milk)
· Dairy: whole milk, unaged cheese, cream. Dairy products should be eaten hot. This is important. Unsalted butter and plain yogurt are less of a problem than the other dairy products.
· Miscellaneous: I do not like to recommend these less-than-vital foods. Some may even be harmful. However, for the short term, for taste, and in order to rid the patient of Candida as quickly as possible, I make these exceptions. Nutrasweetâ, Equalâ, Jell-Oâ, rice cakes, sesame rice crackers, Triscuitsâ, Shredded Wheatâ, raw unpasteurized apple cider vinegar, Stevia (available at health food stores). This is a controversial section.
Do Not Eat: These foods cause Candida to grow.
· Sugars: honey, molasses, maple syrup, corn syrup, dextrose, sorbitol.
· Aged cheeses
· Citrus fruits (except grapefruit and lemon)
· Dried fruits
· Fermented foods
· Nut butters
· Processed & smoked meats
· Raw mushrooms
· Soy sauce
· All yeast products
· All “sweet” drinks.
· Leftovers (usually contain molds)
· Vinegar-containing foods (catsup, mustard, mayonnaise, salad dressings, pickles)
Snack: If you substitute whole-wheat flour for white, carob chips for chocolate chips, butter for margarine (you should do that anyway) and Nutrasweetâ for Sugar
you can make delicious cookies. Eat these cookies hot and in small amounts, but don’t forget to do everything else.
and steroid drugs (e.g.. birth control pills).
· Chemicals: household products and cleaners, chlorinated water, mothballs, moldy places.
· Other: Use a new toothbrush every three weeks to prevent re-infection. Also, fungus may be spread through the saliva, so sexual contact with another fungal carrier may slow the recovery.