You may have suffered from a bout of food poisoning. Actually, cheese is a very common cause of food poisoning since it is all sorts of fungal bacteria. Like a rotting apple being loaded with bacteria, cheese is a rotting food, the putrefaction is initiated by a fungus. That's why cheese has such a strong smell. They call it "aging" or ripening, but in reality it is just spoiled old food. When you ingest it, the body comes up with a strong immune response that includes mucus discharge and antibody production. The more often you eat it, the more weak the immune response becomes, the intestinal wall gets plastered with layers of hardened mucus and the body eventually stops fighting. At this stage, people seem to be fine but suddenly one day end up suffering from a chronic illness, which is just another word for chronic congestion.
When you become cleaned out, though, the body once gain begins to take a more active role in defending itself. Rotten foods, that are infested with fungus or salmonella will evoke a massive elimination response, diarrhea being one of them. Very congested people rarely complain about such things, they just get a bloated stomach and think it is part of aging or due to lack of exercise. So the more healthy you are the more effective the body is in ridding itself of harmful substances and poisons.
With best wishes,