All I can say is it is very confusing. I have candida and when my doctor told me to take Florastor I thought he was crazy. Florastor is a probiotic made of a yeast. And I too had the same thgouths you are having. I cannot take yeast, that will probably kill me. Why would I want to take such a thing? That's ridiculous. But in desperation and in the name of keeping an open mind about my treatment since I was not getting very far at that point, I decided to give it a go. Not only did it not make me sick, but after a month of taking it I went to the bathroom better than I ever have and my symptoms almost completely went away. I have confimred this several times when I ran out of Florastor and slowly my symptoms came back. I cannot understand this either. I have contacted the company and different people familiar with the product but no one has an answer for sure. Just guesses. Could it be that it create its own b vitamins, supresses candida much more effectively since it is yeast going against yeast. Could be that good at toxin removal or is it providing me with enzymes. I cannot figure it out. It could also be something that has not occured to me.
So , I would say give it a try. I have tried plant based enzyes and had no problem other than a burning hole in my stomach since the last thing is need is more acid.
An allergic reaction to mold is very common. Most likely not an allergy but a reaction to a toxin that everyone experiences. Mold is supposed to make us sick, its toxic, yet Antibiotics
do not have that same effect. Yeast are supposed to cause a reaction , but I am riddled with yeast and I take a probiotic made up of yeast and I have no reactions to that whatsoever.
And fungus is the same thing. There are most likely certain kinds that are toxic and some that are not. The popular thought here is not ingest any more fungus,m but truthfully the fungus you are discussing does not sound like a fungus that can inhabit our digestive tract. Therefore it would seem not dangerous to me and I would give it a try. Same as the yeast I am ingesting cannot live in the intestines. It is only transient, so once I stop taking it it will disappear from my body in a week or so.
There is alot more here to understand about all this than anyone knows.