CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: soiling 8 year old

Hulda Clark Cleanses
Parasite Cleanse, Kidney Cleanse, Liver Flush, Bowel Program acco...

Natural Cancer Remedies
The ĒincurableĒ pancreatic cancer disappeared!

Better Than Colonics. Period.
Oxygen Detoxification for both small and large intestine...

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROWíSģLugolís Iodine Solut...

More
More
Molly Bloom Views: 2,810
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,007,251

Re: soiling 8 year old

I know what you mean. It seems like I'm only going to have him here for a short time and I'm also very protective of him. I've actually covered for some of his bad behavior and don't know if I messed up or not. He handles things differently, so I'm on pretty uneasy waters. And he's changed a lot in the past couple of years after puberty. Puberty is huge for kids with issues. My son started going through puberty at 10, and now looks like a full grown man almost. He sat down at a bar and they were ready to serve him!! When I told the bartender that he was about to turn 16 the guy looked shocked. He's 6 foot, has long hair and is growing some facial hair. Yikes.

The one thing I haven't had to worry about is girls. He doesn't seem to "get" it yet, thank god.

His aspergers manifests as obsessions. It started out with writing on a chalkboard at 2. IIOOOIIOO, circles and lines, like some binary code, all day long, every day, obsessively. Then at 3 it was lawn sprinklers (I mean Rainbird sprinklers, parts etc). No child would play with him because all he wanted to do is engineer underground sprinkler systems. Then it was Pokemon (very short) but he had to have them all. Then bowling. From a childs B-day party at 9 yrs old bowling a 20, to at 11 bowling over 270 consistently. Everyone said he was going to go pro, but the hubby and I knew better. Now? It's Death Metal. He wants to be a composer, and I guess in that world, he's considered very very good. The music has obsessed him, and he's gone from drums to guitar to bass and now composing.

I have no idea what is going to happen to him. He's smart but completely misses things that would be considered socially unacceptable. I feel like he has so many hard lessons ahead perhaps more than most people, but the problem is that he doesn't always learn from them.

Sigh. Sorry to go on and on, but lately has been a hell of a challenge.

That's the great thing about Curezone. You can spill your guts and no one really knows you.

Molly

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.313 sec, (1)