CureZone   Log On   Join
ANYONE DOING SCD DIET for Candida? (specific carbohydrate)

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Natural Cancer Remedies
Cancer-proof your body with little known immune boosters!

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
More
anja Views: 11,941
Published: 14 years ago

ANYONE DOING SCD DIET for Candida? (specific carbohydrate)

It's geared toward people with Crohn's and Colitis, but with the idea being that the particular molecular structure complex carbohydrates are what feed "bad bacteria" (and I assume yeast - I know I've got several varieties of bad critters living in my gut), I'm giving it a go based on a recommendation from someone in the Iodine forum. I'm still waiting on the book, so I've been doing what I'm sure is a less than perfect version of it for about a week. It allows no grains or starchy vegetables at all, but does permit a little fruit and honey, as well as some well fermented dairy products. To me that makes it a much less "depressing" and restrictive diet. I don't think the sweeter things or dairy are allowed in the very beginning, though I've been eating a little of them. They recommend home made yogurt and/or acidophilus (without bifidus, for some reason), and actually not kefir because of the yeasts (albeit beneficial yeasts) in kefir, and I've been making my own for years. Looks like i will be trying my hand at the yogurt making, they say ferment for 24 hours on the yogurt.

If you haven't had success on traditional candida diets, it might be worth checking out - it's the Specific carbohydrate diet, lots of stuff comes up on Google. It's too soon for me to say yay or nay on this one, but I'll report back in a few months if I've managed to stick it out and make any good progress.

A side note, I'm getting some great health benefits recently from supplementing with cod liver oil, kelp, and fulvic acid minerals. I mean my chronic near daily headaches I've had for years and years are like 90% better, and my mood and energy are way up. I'm reading with interest the Iodine forums (kelp has a little iodine) and debating about whether to do straight Iodine - Lugols or detoxified or whatever.

Also, interestingly, tonight I made SCD diet almond flour pancakes and dumped a good TB or two of honey on them (I haven't eaten honey in years because I figured it was about as bad as sugar), and I didn't get any of the usual immediate reactions I get to anything sweet - coated tongue, itching in ears, rear end, etc. This was really a surprise, because the other night I did grilled lo-carb veggies but served them in half an acorn squash, and I got the coated tongue from the squash. I'm not sure if squash is on the diet, but to me it has always seemed practically like desert. Somewhere I read another candia person's testimony about this diet and her hesitancy about the honey, and yet she was fine on it (in the context adhering strictly to the diet), so that's pretty intriguing.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.344 sec, (2)