CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Long term fasting: what supplements and extras?

Unfettered_moth Views: 2,612
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,025,612

Re: Long term fasting: what supplements and extras?

Thank you so much for your considerate and well-thought out reply. You made excellant points about the body being able to maintain and care for itself and that's afterall, what I'm trying to do anyway with fasting; keeping everything I don't need out of my body so that my body can function more efficiently as itself. The fasting thing is opening up so many new avenues of thought, modes of behavior and pathways of being for myself that I feel like I can't get enough of it. I do worry about pushing myself too far with it, but I believe that this anxiety is caused by an overactive mind (stilled by fasting) rather then any actual basis in reality. I'm so glad I have a site like this now to turn to because I'm still new to this lifestyle and I don't want to accidently harm myself by being misinformed.

While I am not skin and bone, I can feel my bones poking out more, so I hope that the next 30 days won't diminish me to a skeleton, but if I absolutely must, I will sip a little raw juice to get by rather then eat, although I will prefer to stick to water. Is there any major health warning signs that I should be aware of, besides the unusual bad taste in mouth, faintness/dizziness/weakness, aches and pains of a body detoxifying? Like, when do you know if you've pushed your body to its threshold with fasting? How does it let you know? Sometimes I get paranoid (still letting go of some fear) that I will just drop dead by extended fasting. How likely is this?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am just preparing for the big one. :) Your advice about retraining the brain to select ideal raw juices, fruits and vegetables to think about and dwell upon during fasting was right on. That's one of the things I love the most about fasting; how it enables you to become highly aware of your own thought processes and begin to retrain them. In the weeks since I have been fasting I feel I have changed and grown so much. I do believe the next time I break my fast it will be a pleasure because I will plan to only consume pure items that will not interfere with or damage me.

My last question is: how long do you stay off the fast and on juices/raw foods before fasting again? I've been eating only two days between fasts, probably because by the second day I'm so sick of the food around and in me that I can't wait to get the toxins out and start the process again. I just want to make sure I am being healthy about this.

thank you again!

-MOTH

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.610 sec, (2)