CureZone   Log On   Join
Zapper to replace heat pasteurisation in milk, experiences? (or zappicating?)

RJK Views: 1,206
Published: 15 years ago

Zapper to replace heat pasteurisation in milk, experiences? (or zappicating?)

As someone who routinely makes yogurt (using the 24 hour SCD method), I have to manually pasteurise the milk in order to ensure the right mix of bacteria. I would prefer not to have to heat the milk, due to the known and unknown effects it has on healthy milk properties.

In the absence of a microscope, I'm trying to discover the validity of using a zapper to kill the bacteria in milk, prior to adding yogurt starter culture. Since I have not found any accounts of people using the zapper in this application, I will provide my own experience.

(Has anyone else used a zapper or zappicator with milk, particularly as part of yogurt making? What was your experience?)

I used the $10 zapper and some stainless steel forks, kept the leads apart and rotated the milk several times. The (unpasteurised goat's) milk was in a glass stein. I did for at least ten minutes. Then I added it to a pot (previously heated to kill bugs, then cooled), added starter culture, and placed it on the heat pad - it is currently fermenting.

I'll write the result.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.357 sec, (1)