CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: The Message of LIGHT

Views: 997
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,032,577

Re: The Message of LIGHT

It might have been Tolkien(or CS Lewis or Charles Williams) who observed that myth is a glacier out of which the rivers of truth spring.

I refuse to be divided from any other human of good will over something as superfluous as religious doctrines, and your comments eloquently reaffirm that view. The really frightening people are those who will manipulate to have power or will even destroy others to promulgate their religions.

Someone in one of the recent threads wondered about a god who would destroy the world through flood or cities through fire(Sodom). If these were not natural phenomena with an ancient commentator attributing them to "god", then surely only the prince of this planet, the librarian, could unleash such "justice"(vengence, retribution).

Yet, the more I think about these things, the less I know. The dying autumn days beckon, ominous clouds from the Canadian prairies gather over the peaks...perhaps in surrendering myself to these immediate events I will hear in their special magnificence some tiny insight to greater things.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.344 sec, (1)