CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Breakfast ideas? Giving up ALL grains, need some help pls

anja Views: 3,822
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,032,548

Re: Breakfast ideas? Giving up ALL grains, need some help pls

Hi, do you know what your blood type is, and do you think there is anything to that? I sometimes wonder if it's the type O's that do beautifully on heavier protein diets with no grains.

I cut out grains for all of 3 weeks before I caved because it actually created major bowel symptoms that weren't there to begin with. I had horrible bloating, gas, first impossible constipation, and then major diarrhea. I will say that I was trying the SCD diet and was eating a little fruit each day, so the fruit could have contributed, though prior to that I was on no special candida diet, just no refined foods and nothing super sweet, but I really think the main problem was eating animal protein and eggs every day, which I haven't done since I was kid. I'm a type A, and they are supposed to do better vegetarian. I had a bowl of oatmeal when I broke the no grain thing, and felt a million times better. I'm not ruling out the possibility that what happened was I made my yeast and bad bacteria mad at me and was having a big die-off, and had I stuck it out, things would have improved, but my gut feeling (no pun intended), is that in spite of what I read during that time from the paleo diet camp about humans not being adapted to digest grains, I think I need them in small amounts. Plus, I can't see myself avoiding grains permanently, that would be way too depressiong.

Right now I'm going back to just once a day, soaked and cook whole grains, either millet, quinoa, buckwheat, and maybe some long grain or basmati brown rice. No beans. The rare redskin potato, and for the time being, no fruit besides lemons. Basically, the Body Ecology diet. I've done it before, and my recollection is that it was working, but I was hungry a lot and got bored eating the same 8 or 10 things all the time. The good thing about exploring the SCD diet is I now have lots of low carb, grain-free recipes to refer to for the non-starchy meals (hallelujah for almond meal pancakes!).

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.359 sec, (1)