CureZone   Log On   Join
Coconut Oil

Beautiful Skin From Powerful Oils and Roses
Remove signs of aging by renewing skin cel...

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Dquixote1217 Views: 10,905
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,023,200

Coconut Oil

I am surprised that, unless I missed it, no one has recommended coconut oil.  Used both topically and internally it has had wonderful results for a lot of people with eczema.

Here are some testimonials I found at one site about coconut oil:

9/18/2007: Liz from Nairobi, Kenya writes: "My 8 month old son has had eczema since he was four months old.  I have tried many prescription creams that did not seem to work or worked for only a few days.  A friend asked me to try coconut oil.  Its worked miracles.  I got results in a day.  There was no itching and the dry patches were gone.  I now make sure to keep a bottle in the house all the time.  I have also noticed that water and soap worsen eczema, so when he has it, I avoid them on the patches and use the oil instead."

8/9/2007: patty (ptrump@vt.edu) from pembroke, virginia writes: "Hi, i wanted to let everyone know i have spent 9 years of my life going to the doctors for skin yeast on my legs, every cream, steroids, soaps , lotions, etc. and pure coconut oil has healed them in 2 weeks! i take 3 capsules a day , plus rub the oil on my legs. it is a wonder drug for yeast. i use it on my face and all over. i am 53 but look 43. it stops the itch -which will drive you insane. try it and good luck!"

5/19/2007: Janet (rik_kemp@hotmail.com) from Morayfield, Queensland writes: "I have suffered from skin ailments all my life. I had heard about coconut oil but it seemed too simple an idea to really work, and I had tried every remedy, scientific and natural, under the sun and nothing ever worked. So after reading all the latest hype about coconut oil I decided "why not?' Well, sometimes I wish wasn't such a sceptic and then I might have tried it years ago. How it works I don't know but after less than a week of applying it twice a day my rash had cleared up, the redness and itching was gone, and has stayed gone despite the fact that I have stopped using my usual prescription anti-inflammatory cream. The kind I use is the extra virgin pure coconut oil made without chemical processes. I'm now taking it orally too."

3/29/2007: Marietta ) from Montpelier, Vermont writes: "Virgin Coconut Oil: My teenage son had raw, red and cracked skin where the ear meets the head. I remembered reading somewhere that VCO cures eczema, so I spread some on the backs of his ears after he showered. Amazingly, the very next day (after only ONE application) they were completely healed; no raw, red, no cracks! We also eat it often, on popcorn, straight off the spoon and in stir-fries. Yum!!!"

8/4/2006: Jay from Chicago, IL writes, "1 TBS daily of oral supplementation has helped by facial eczema and atopic dermatitis.  I have become immediately convinced that Coconut oil is nothing short of a miracle remedy for the skin and immune system. I was suffering from weekly eczema outbreaks on the face, and within 4 days of using 3 tablespoons daily and dabbing it with vitamin E oil, I noticed an almost immediate improvement. The itching and redness stopped, and the inflammation was way down. I would strongly urge ANYONE who suffers from this condition to try it, because in my opinion, there is nothing else like it on the planet."

3/1/2006: Bonnie writes, "It is the only thing that gets rid of my daughter's eczema and mine. In fact mine was really bad when I was pregnant and it was the only relief I found. I used to take primrose oil internally -- that really helped, but it never offered any immediate relief. When she was about 2 months she got a bad flare up on her forehead and it cleared it within days. As a side note lice was going around the school and my boys came home with it. She never got it (I think it was the smell of coconut oil) & they always put their hats on her head."

2/11/2006: Amy from Reeseville, WI writes, "I use coconut oil half and half with butter to make my cookies or if the recipe calls for shortening, I use all coconut oil. It also cleared up eczema for me and my son. You can add it to bath water just a tablespoon or two. It works great."

Just yesterday one of the members of the Yahoo healthy group I moderate told me that for the first time ever, he had found something that worked for his SD (seborrhoeic dermatitis).

I believe there is a support group here at CureZone for coconut oil - you will likely find people there who know much more than I do about it.

I hope this helps.

DQ (aka Tony Isaacs)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.328 sec, (3)