CureZone   Log On   Join
my teeth are freaking me out

warthog Views: 16,187
Published: 14 years ago

my teeth are freaking me out

How I wish I could take pix for y'all, but my camera doesn't have the lens (though we tried). I was brushing my teeth last night and noticed that some of my lower teeth have brown stains on them - none of the buccal surfaces (I'm paranoid someone will see my teeth turning brown & say something). Like, the lingual surfaces of my lower left incisors, and the occlusal surface of my remaining left premolar. I've been brushing my teeth with a tooth soap (Rose of Sharon Acres' goat milk) and baking soda at other times (I ran out of my homemade tooth powder, a mixture of clay, baking soda, Sea Salt , peppermint oil).

These are pretty noticeable stains. I brushed with my Sonicare toothbrush trying to get those stains out last night & this morning, with separate soap & baking soda brushings, all to no avail. My teeth feel sparkling clean - and yet there are those weird stains. I don't know how long they've been there. They aren't exposed dentin - there's no sensitivity in any of these teeth, no pain, no problems...

I've been oil pulling in the mornings with castor oil. I did it this morning, and it made no difference in the stains.

Slight stains aren't new to me. My teeth have always been a bit yellow (my mom is very proud of having fluoridated us with tap water & dental treatments). I have a few very slight stains in tiny places on various teeth - some white, some darker.

This is weird, though. I don't know where the stain came from. I hope this doesn't show up in visible places on my teeth. I haven't had coffee in over a month, but I did have tea (organic kombucha). The only other thing that might have stained them is Floravita (liquid iron supplement). Neither of these has stained them in the past, though.

Any ideas about what this is?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.438 sec, (1)