CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Raw cultered vegetables

Ayehasherayeh Views: 1,304
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 103,449

Re: Raw cultered vegetables

Anja thank you for this info, while I feel that fermentation is a form of cooking as it changes the cell wall and membrane to allow for better absorption as well as increasing enzymatic activity etc... it is a form preferable to cooking with direct heat, maybe a step beyond the natural cooking ripening action of the sun on veggies and fruits. Thank you for describing your experience with culturing homemade veggies. this should be part of our lifestyle I have always wanted to attempt the sauerkraut and am inspired again. I have made Kim-chi in small amts and found that it helps with digestion. I cultured homemade kefir for a while and it was extremely potent bacteria wise as well as for digestion. When I ate meat it was the most rapid dissipator of the oft interred acid reflux. I am inspired also to regain some quality kefir grains if anyone has extra let me know.

A.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.609 sec, (1)