CureZone   Log On   Join
Infant with Acid Reflux?!?! Help!!

marnie Views: 3,794
Published: 16 years ago

Infant with Acid Reflux?!?! Help!!

Thank you to anyone reading this that may be able to give me some insight. My 2 month old niece has been "diagnosed" with acid reflux. The MD wasn't sure if it was acid reflux or colic, but because she had "fits" at all times of day or night they thought it was probably acid reflux. ACID REFLUX????? In a newborn????? I find this so hard to believe - I've never heard of that in someone so young - even nursing babies. I realize that acid reflux is the medical term to indicate that someone is too acidic and that the chemicals out there that the MD's push are counter-productive to the problem. This is the part that scares me. The MD prescribed prevacid for her - and she is now taking double doses of it because it seems (to her parents and MD) that that is the amount needed to help her feel better. Asking for direction at this point is probably moot, since her parents aren't into natural healing/eating, etc, but it really scares me that they are pushing these chemicals into this sweet newborn! A little background - mom is nursing her, so most likely mom is not eating what she should be eating. They supplement with formula as mom pumps and bottle feeds rather than directly nursing, and has had a slowing of milk due to that. They have switched to soy formula, thinking that it was an allergy to regular formula. What do you all think? What is the problem and how to solve it?

TIA,
Marnie

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

2.406 sec, (1)